• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me. Scene II.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]: When I get stressed and overwhelmed, I basically want to turn my mind off through trivial, shallow pursuits. I would sleep for longer than necessary. I would eat way more than my body is comfortable with. I would stay in my bed to web surf excessively and/or watch television as a way to hole myself up from the harsh reality. Back then, I would self injure to try and take me back to my concrete reality since my thoughts would take me to places that I shouldn't ever have to venture. Netflix binges are fun, too. My previous post in this thread would show you about the other ways I like to de-stress. Mindless shopping. That sort of thing.

I appreciate you sharing this as it wasn't an easy question. I really admire how candid you were here.

Most of what you shared sounds a lot like inferior sensing to me, rather than inferior intuition, which makes INFJ much more plausible to me.

I've included links to the two threads on here about inferior grip that would be relevant. You can read both to see which one resonates more for you.

Forms of the Inferior - INJ

Forms of the Inferior - ISJ

I'll also add that from dealing my SO, INFJs seem to be more comfortable sharing Ni-impressions with someone they're comfortable with. In mixed company, I've observed him and other INFJs talking about subjects that would interest Ni, but in a very matter of fact and plain spoken way. There are some exceptions to this, but those who have balanced use of their aux Fe will have that quality because they communicate to have their ideas understood.

INFJs with a less "tethered" dom function will have that stream of consciousness quality to their speech that I think many associate with Ni heavy communication.

Thanks again for sharing. :hug:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]: You're a magnificent help, I really need to see how both the INFJ and the ISFJ react in bad storms and see which ones sound the most like me.
My husband's pretty blunt with me, so I'll also ask him and gauge if I'm inferior sensing or intuitive based on his answers.

Thank you. :unicorn:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]: You're a magnificent help

:3

I really need to see how both the INFJ and the ISFJ react in bad storms and see which ones sound the most like me.
My husband's pretty blunt with me, so I'll also ask him and gauge if I'm inferior sensing or intuitive based on his answers.

Yep! I think typing can be difficult because we all rely on a range of functions in our day to day lives. For instance, my use of Te and Ti are almost equivalent in my function stack, and my Ni use is not too far behind either of those. Most people are like that, so settling on a type is almost always a matter of best fit rather than Gospel truth.

Although it's a kind of morbid approach to the question, looking at the inferior function is a more clear cut approach to determine type. That's because self-soothing behaviors are pretty set in most people. My version of a meltdown is 100% inferior Fi.

If you're reasonably set that you're an Fe-auxiliary, then those two links should give you a clearer picture of what your dominant likely is. Good luck!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For enneagram, I'd say if you are a 4 type, you're definitely more of a 3 wing than a 5 wing. You definitely do not give me the intense "withdrawn" savory for intellectualism vibe. That's not to say you are any less smarter or less capable to understand things, it's just that I don't believe it's your preference.

You say you need to learn about Si but if I understand correctly, you feel that learning about Si is not necessary for you right now because you click with Ni/Se much more, which could be the case. Regardless, it is evident of what I said above.

You seem you want to please and entertain those around you more and willing to listen for things to change about yourself if need be. That definitely indicates 3 > 5.

Therefore, I do not think 5 is your thinking triad type, I believe you're much more of a 6w7.

Feeling, I am more inclined to believe you definitely have 2 more than 4 and share 3 about equally on either side.

Instinctual, well that's harder for me to pick up on but I believe you're fine with a 9.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For enneagram, I'd say if you are a 4 type, you're definitely more of a 3 wing than a 5 wing. You definitely do not give me the intense "withdrawn" savory for intellectualism vibe. That's not to say you are any less smarter or less capable to understand things, it's just that I don't believe it's your preference.

You say you need to learn about Si but if I understand correctly, you feel that learning about Si is not necessary for you right now because you click with Ni/Se much more, which could be the case. Regardless, it is evident of what I said above.

You seem you want to please and entertain those around you more and willing to listen for things to change about yourself if need be. That definitely indicates 3 > 5.

Therefore, I do not think 5 is your thinking triad type, I believe you're much more of a 6w7.

Feeling, I am more inclined to believe you definitely have 2 more than 4 and share 3 about equally on either side.

Instinctual, well that's harder for me to pick up on but I believe you're fine with a 9.

This enneagram business is very hard for me to grasp for some reason. I do rely mostly on tests and quizzes, but perhaps I need to do my own research and go from there.

You definitely do not give me the intense "withdrawn" savory for intellectualism vibe. That's not to say you are any less smarter or less capable to understand things, it's just that I don't believe it's your preference.

Nah, I agree, I seem more personable more so than those super withdrawn INTJ types that you would see brooding in a corner somewhere. I am definitely not like that.
Thank you. :heart:

A question if you don't mind me asking: What does Si mean to you, personally?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Hey You. I am ducking in here due to affection and loyalty for you but not really because I have anything of import to add. My interest in discussing typology here is dwindling.

You have consistently struck me as an INFJ since we 'met'. The combination of whimsy and logic, the good-natured snark, the deep feeling, the ability to perceive yourself clearly and forthrightly, your adventurous spirit, your melancholic moments.

That being said I feel I am greatly lacking in 'what an ISFJ really is' in any manner worthy of public discussion. I have two very close friend's who are ISFJ and several other acquaintances. You don't put me in mind of how they discuss concepts or fears, or react to stress.

In life this far, I tend to attract ISFJ's (and come to love & appreciate them) and am myself attracted to INFJ's (and have mind-melds, kindred spirit experiences). I was drawn to you immediately.

:hug:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey You. I am ducking in here due to affection and loyalty for you but not really because I have anything of import to add. My interest in discussing typology here is dwindling.

You have consistently struck me as an INFJ since we 'met'. The combination of whimsy and logic, the good-natured snark, the deep feeling, the ability to perceive yourself clearly and forthrightly, your adventurous spirit, your melancholic moments.

That being said I feel I am greatly lacking in 'what an ISFJ really is' in any manner worthy of public discussion. I have two very close friend's who are ISFJ and several other acquaintances. You don't put me in mind of how they discuss concepts or fears, or react to stress.

In life this far, I tend to attract ISFJ's (and come to love & appreciate them) and am myself attracted to INFJ's (and have mind-melds, kindred spirit experiences). I was drawn to you immediately.

:hug:

Thank you so much. And I want to say, congratulations on your friend's upcoming wedding.
Happiness abound!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate you sharing this as it wasn't an easy question. I really admire how candid you were here.

Most of what you shared sounds a lot like inferior sensing to me, rather than inferior intuition, which makes INFJ much more plausible to me.

I've included links to the two threads on here about inferior grip that would be relevant. You can read both to see which one resonates more for you.

Forms of the Inferior - INJ

Forms of the Inferior - ISJ

I'll also add that from dealing my SO, INFJs seem to be more comfortable sharing Ni-impressions with someone they're comfortable with. In mixed company, I've observed him and other INFJs talking about subjects that would interest Ni, but in a very matter of fact and plain spoken way. There are some exceptions to this, but those who have balanced use of their aux Fe will have that quality because they communicate to have their ideas understood.

INFJs with a less "tethered" dom function will have that stream of consciousness quality to their speech that I think many associate with Ni heavy communication.

Thanks again for sharing. :hug:
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION], I didn't need to trough through all your threads. I just looked at this thread, and read your answers, and then came across this post.

I would agree with WUR, but I'll add that you have a very heavy emphasis on Fe, but not so as a dom. It doesn't seem like you get nitpicky/schizoid/anal-retentive about semantics like Ti inferiors do.

I would love to see you on video, just to make sure.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION]: I'll probably upload a private Youtube video for you, if you'd like, with maybe a list of questions to get started. Thanks.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION]: I'll probably upload a private Youtube video for you, if you'd like, with maybe a list of questions to get started. Thanks.

Don't do it for me, and for me only. Ask if others would like to see a video of you.

But if you do make a video, try to keep it short and to the point. Maybe around 10-15 mins, where you talk about yourself in private, how you're like with friends and what you do in your free time. Be as honest and as free as possible.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Don't do it for me, and for me only. Ask if others would like to see a video of you.

But if you do make a video, try to keep it short and to the point. Maybe around 10-15 mins, where you talk about yourself in private, how you're like with friends and what you do in your free time. Be as honest and as free as possible.

There's a thread somewhere in the Lounge subforum that has a Type Me vid thread. The OP has a list of questions that you can use, and takes about 10-15mins to answer.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, I'm not all too sure what to even look for when trying to find Ni

Introverted functions seek unity/singularity. Introverted functions narrow and focus data. Extraverted functions, by contrast, are explosive and expansive. Where Ne sees a million possible futures (imaginative, expansive), Ni looks for "the most likely outcome." N is about time and patterns. Ni, an irrational (inarticulable), disorganized "collection" of all the history and all the patterns that the subject has accumulated, works to find the most likely outcome of a given action or situation. Similarly, Ti focuses on finding the single answer to a given problem. Mathematics, an only-one-answer-to-every-problem discipline, requires Ti. One could say that math is the perfect expression of Ti.

Ni is my creative, and it's great for predicting the future, or, rather, the most likely future. For me, however, being an Fe dom, Ni is merely Fe's slave. It serves Fe by predicting the likely "feeling environment" that will be created by a given action or non-action.

Or, so it appears to me.