• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INTP, ENTP or INFJ?

SlothLady

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am currently 20 years old, struggling to find a degree that I can stick to long term. I have done the MBTI test several times over my life with different results. Each time, I did not recall doing the test beforehand. As a child, I tested as INFJ, in high school as INTP and now that I have reached adulthood I test as ENTP; although I still occasionally test as the others depending on my mood. In terms of functions, I relate the most to Ti and Fe and I'm certain that I'm intuitive.

My organisation skills are dismal and I have difficulty focusing on things. I get excited about new ideas and plans for the future but find myself changing my mind quickly. In contrast to my younger years, I am actually very socially competent and I sometimes even speak to random strangers and make friends that way. I can be extremely witty and charming and can make the most serious person laugh at my personal anecdotes and social criticisms. Many have even suggested that I could make a career as a stand up comedian. Generally I am polite but I like to say controversial things in a light hearted way to see how people will respond. I am very good at solving conflicts. People describe me as wise and intelligent beyond my years upon their first impression of me despite my abrasive humour and light hearted attitude. The fields that interest me the most are philosophy, sociology and psychology and I can pick up any visual art skill without being taught. The hard sciences are also interesting but I only enjoy studying them casually.

I like telling stories to make people laugh and enjoy being appreciated and admired. Community is extremely valuable to me although I find it difficult to find people i share things in common with. In social situations, I get energised, especially when i meet new people and can easily find ways to connect with them although it is difficult for me to maintain contact and build lasting relationships. Despite all this, I don't go out that much mainly from laziness but I find it really boring being by myself. It is easy for me to read people's intentions and understanding social situations. Ideally, I would like to be given my own space but surrounded with people i can go to if I feel bored and want to discuss ideas. Everything I said would seem to point to *NTP but the only problem is that I can equally relate to Ni as well. And I am more anxious (although nobody notices) than the description writes and am very image conscious. I can get very annoyed if someone makes a situation awkward or displays a lack of awareness for the social rules. Going off this information, what am I?

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd think you'd be an ENTP, although you may describe yourself as lazy you sound quite active mentally.

What is their overall energy level? Do they show a consistently energetic or spontaneous or proactive attitude (E), OR do they seem to tire relatively easily when too much is happening around them (I)? Caveat: Account for behaviors that are unduly influenced by situational stress/pressure or unique mental/emotional problems.

Are they action-oriented? Do they automatically make themselves an integral part of events by immediately getting involved in what happens (E), OR do they seem to maintain some psychological distance from events due to needing some personal reflection/interpretation time before taking action (I)? Caveat: Account for knowledge and skill levels because people need less time to reflect if they can rely on preexisting capabilities.

Ne:
I can pick up any visual art skill without being taught.
Generally I am polite but I like to say controversial things in a light-hearted way to see how people will respond.
I get excited about new ideas and plans for the future but find myself changing my mind quickly.

Ti:
The hard sciences are also interesting but I only enjoy studying them casually.
I am very good at solving conflicts.

Fe:
I like telling stories to make people laugh and enjoy being appreciated and admired.
In social situations, I get energised, especially when i meet new people and can easily find ways to connect with them although it is difficult for me to maintain contact and build lasting relationships.
Ideally, I would like to be given my own space but surrounded with people i can go to if I feel bored and want to discuss ideas.

(Tert Fe users like situations where people are having fun, laughing and joking, and feel emotionally free and spontaneous. However, they're generally unable to produce this atmosphere themselves and uses other means to create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere.)

I wouldn't type you as a Ni dom because you rely too much on external stimulation and actively look for new things, hence the reason you change your mind and "can't focus".

"I can be extremely witty and charming and can make the most serious person laugh at my personal anecdotes and social criticisms. Many have even suggested that I could make a career as a stand up comedian." Ne users provide a different viewpoint to life, and talks about how the world can improve. Being charming and witty probably means you inspire others and bring interesting ideas to the group.

A Ni user would be too stuck in their head to really say all of these things out loud, and you don't seem like someone who goes into depth about concepts or observing meanings. For example, there wasn't a single metaphor throughout your entire description.

Hope this helps! Any questions, just ask :)