• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help determine MBTI type

Taisia

Hi, so i have been trying to find my type for awhile now, but i cant seem to settle on one that truly fits me. Hope you can help and thanks for reading :)

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not really. Female

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?I like this better: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg

I think it is rather mystical and beautiful in a different way that the other picture. The other picture is more detailed, normal and doesn´t give occasion to as many questions as the one I have chosen.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I would describe myself as a little cold, aloof stubborn, competitive and one who want to accomplish her own goals. I tend to not think that much about what other people feel, but of course care deeply about those close to me (my mom and twin sister) I just show It in other ways. Towards strangers I am very friendly and polite, and care what people think about me. I am not much for praising and almost never compliment others. I love to get recognition for being clever or intelligent. I also tend to procrastinate a lot.
I love to dive into my own thoughts and be in my own world and explore my ideas. I also am beginning to develop an interest in physics and astronomy in particular. I have always loved computer games and have also read a lot of books, mostly science fiction and fantasy. Especially when I was younger I came of as a little boyish. My dream job is zoologist, because I have a love to animals, and interest like that in humans.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be the intelligent person who can solve things rather quickly. At the same time, I don’t want to be the person no one cares about or notice and think is boring or plain weird. That’s also why I have a hard time typing myself as I constantly think I am bias to the more stereotypical “intelligent” types and have a hard time believing I truly could be that.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
Probably, because I am very private and I don’t even share very much with my twin sister even though we are very close.
At first I seem very friendly, warm, polite, shy and maybe ambitious but also one who isn’t afraid of saying her opinion if it really matters. Though when you get to know me well I would probably be described as cold, little weird, funny, sometimes aloof, stubborn, still polite and lazy.
Generally, I tend to come off as a friendly person who is polite to most people and I care for what people I have just met think of me, unless I at first look don’t fancy them particularly. Unless of course they misuse my kindness I am quickly to cut that person out and they will have no problem discovering I have done so. This is all towards people I don’t know that well. If I am closer to the people I become more cold, and some has accused me of having no feelings. I think it is because I am able to turn empathy off and on if that makes any sense? And often don’t see a reason to turn it on. I see showing feelings as a sign of weakness and do everything to avoid so. I also like to debate and discuss ideas but rarely do so because my friends usually don’t have the same interest as me. And then of course I am shy.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Intelligence, Entertainment, Reason, Honor
Resilience, Temperance, Logic, Knowledge
Open-mindedness, Motivation, Victory, Uniqueness
Humility, Winning, Certainty, Pleasure
Coolness, Freedom, Skillfulness, Joy
Success, Experience, Maturity, Wisdom
Insightfulness, Learning, Stealth

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I am not completely sure of this since I haven’t really been in such a stressful situation. I think I will organize, plan, analyze and do everything to get the job done in time. I would probably think about my project all the time and try to come up ways to work more efficient that I already am.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I become very relaxed and happy. I become way more extraverted and start opening up a lot more. An example could be horse riding. I would probably start thinking how wonderful the world is and of all the potential it has, and about it great mysteries.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I am shy and probably come off as a little boring and serious if I don’t know the person very well. So if I approach a new person, (often I wouldn’t do that myself unless being “forced” to) I would probably start by asking the normal questions I have learned are fitting like, where do you live? Go to school? Etc. But after that I am actually truly lost, unless we have come in on an interest we both have, or something we both can relate to I am terrible at keeping up the conversation. In group discussions where I don’t know the people as well I will be very quiet and just sit and think and perceive. I would only talk if asked or it was really necessary.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
Generally, I don’t think our society is so great. The way it is build has so many flaws and mistakes. Everyone is trying to make them who is a little different to be as everyone else, to behave what we call “normal” so I would say I don’t have the best relationship to society.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I accept authority if I feel they deserve that respect. As long as they give me reason to respect them I will, and sometimes even admire them. Though if they try to control me way too much I tend to rebel a bit.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Chaos means chaos in my inner life, things I can’t figure out or get closure on. Of course this is often coursed by the outer world. Order is organizing and have control over everything.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
My biggest fear would be to seem weak. My whole personality works around it and therefore also my actions. I also fear to be incompetent or dumb. Another fear would be to be hated by everyone.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I strive to achieve success and happiness (often the same thing). To get acknowledgement for my work and be successful in what I do.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Being with my closest friends who fully understand med energizes me in the way I become more “fresh”, particularly if we are discussing ideas, although I also tend to get energized by talking about school or other small talk topics I have an interest in. though I can only do that for so long before I need to be alone and recharge. Being with a large group of people probably drains me to most. I find it difficult because I can’t truly be me, and I tend to think a lot more of how I am presented I what I say sounds weird but also observe the others.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I think it would be exiting to know why I behave as I do, and also could be a great way to help be the full potential of myself. I am fairly sure I am introverted just because I relate a lot to descriptions of them. I have taken the Keys2Cognition 3 times and have gotten INTP, INTJ and INFP.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would say INFP. T types tend to be more self-confident.
"Everyone is trying to make them who is a little different to be as everyone else, to behave what we call “normal” " Sounds like high Fi.

"The other picture is more detailed, normal and doesn´t give occasion to as many questions as the one I have chosen." Sounds like Ne since it enjoys bringing up alternatives.

"I would probably think about my project all the time and try to come up ways to work more efficient that I already am." This section is Si, which can be mistaken for T since it over-analyses, however the difference is is that Tert Si means you get wound up and anxious, whereas a high Te/Ti user would be more calm.

Te: "I accept authority if I feel they deserve that respect." since Te avoids people who are likely to give out unreliable information, whereas an established hierarchy implies the ones at the top know what they're doing, which you like.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions :) i have a number of INFP friends so i reckon we could get on :D

Taisia

Thanks for your reply. I have given some thoughts to INFP so will definitely look a Little deeper into it:)