• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help, I'm confused! ExxP?

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Alright, so at first I considered myself to be an INTP, then it changed to ENTP, INFP, ENFP, back to ENTP. Right now, I'm fairly sure I'm an Extrovert and a Perceiver, but other then that, I feel lost. Checking cognitive functions doesn't help, because my scores are practically the same: Ne/Se are very high, followed by Fi/Ti. And even when I try to figure it out on my own without any tests, I still keep going back and forth.
I'm probably an enneagram 7. Though I've been considering a 4, as well.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
My personality seems to depend on context, my mood and whatever it is I'm interested in at the moment.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to do something I love. Except I'm not quite sure what that would be yet. Although, I could do anything if I had great friends to do it with.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Whenever I do something bold that doesn't agree with most people's idea of what'd "right".
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I can't stick to one thing, because I get bored. And I'm unable to make plans and follow through with them.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
What I want to do. I do think about other people's opinion but most of the time it's just to do the exact opposite of what they want (not my best trait, I admit). Often, I just go with what I consider to be the most daring option.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
If it's something I don't like, I just want to get it over with, regardless of the quality. If it's something close to my heart, I could do it all on my own without complaining, possibly forgetting to eat and sleep until it was finished and I was satisfied.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I loved the feeling of "living in the moment" and not thinking about consequences.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
At first I get obsessed but then lose interest just as quickly. I'm less likely to learn something if people encourage me. If they tell me I can't learn it or that it's a waste of time, etc, I'd make sure to prove them wrong even if it killed me. And usually succeed.
Also, I prefer to learn by doing something rather than just reading/listening about it. Eg. if I were to learn a new language, I'd love to go to the country where it's spoken instead of signing up for a course. If that wasn't impossible, I'd listen to songs, watch films, talk to native speakers, etc.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not very. I'm extremely messy. As a matter of fact, being in a clean room makes me feel very out of place and uneasy. I just want to make a mess until it looks more like I think it should. Clean environment makes me feel like my mind is blank.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
First, I get excited, then I quickly look for logical inconsistencies and point them out.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Neither. Both. It depends on the situation.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I'd say that I think as I talk. Group discussions.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Is it new/exciting? I'm in. Action always speaks more than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Probably go out with friends. Unless I'd had a rough week. Or if it was something I really wanted to see, I'd meet my friends afterwards.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I snap at people. I want to escape the situation.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When I think somebody's fake, looking for approval, desperate to get others to like them, a people-pleaser, boring, uptight, intolerant (it's a big one for me), stupid, irrational, too emotional, a drama queen... I could probably go on for quite a while. But then, my best friend is some of these things and I love her more than anything in the world.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
When they feel "like a breath of fresh air". Somebody easy-going and open-minded is always a good thing. Especially if they can just go with it when I tease and poke fun at them.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Routine, everyday tasks, school and everything related to it, doing what's expected of me, romantic relationships.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Fun, quirky, daring, crazy, smart, open-minded, creative... As for downsides, unable to focus, insensitive, detached (sometimes), moody, quickly bored, avoids commitments (and is downright terrified of them), defiant...
They'd never say I worry too much about what other people think or that I try to conform. What's wrong? I guess there are parts of me they haven't got to know yet. And I'm much more sensitive than I let on most of the time.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Depends on the day. I might go out or stay in. If I stayed in, I'd do something like play the guitar, write, listen to music, draw, watch something.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFP or ISFP.... I don't understand why you thought you were an intuitive type?? You state here many times that you enjoy living in the moment, and have a strong Fi since you dislike others being fake/what's regarded as socially acceptable since it doesn't match your beliefs. You live for excitement. You have a strong interest in arts and culture. You described yourself as insensitive but "sensitive on the inside" which again sounds like Fi. I think ESFP since you enjoy being impulsive/daring which indicates high Se and you mentioned looking for logical inconsistencies, which indicates a higher Te than Ni.

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESFP or ISFP.... I don't understand why you thought you were an intuitive type?? You state here many times that you enjoy living in the moment, and have a strong Fi since you dislike others being fake/what's regarded as socially acceptable since it doesn't match your beliefs. You live for excitement. You have a strong interest in arts and culture. You described yourself as insensitive but "sensitive on the inside" which again sounds like Fi. I think ESFP since you enjoy being impulsive/daring which indicates high Se and you mentioned looking for logical inconsistencies, which indicates a higher Te than Ni.

Se and Ne are easy to confuse. As are Ti and Fi. Besides, my cognitive functions tests come out something like this:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************************** (41.3)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.2)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ESFP (This one's from today)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) ********** (10.2)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.6)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP (And this one's from yesterday)

I always score very high on the bolded functions.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se and Ne are easy to confuse. As are Ti and Fi. Besides, my cognitive functions tests come out something like this:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************************** (41.3)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.2)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ESFP (This one's from today)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si) ********** (10.2)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.6)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP (And this one's from yesterday)

I always score very high on the bolded functions.

Yes, i agree that Fi and Ti are very similar, but it's impossible to get both Ne and Se for an mbti. And since you score so high on Se it's really unlikely that you're an ENTP or INTP. You may identify less with functions like Te and Ni since they're lower down.

Have you tried reading what the cognitive functions are like in their respective places? Dominant Ni will give a very different description to Inferior Ni.

I can't stick to one thing, because I get bored. I loved the feeling of "living in the moment" and not thinking about consequences. I prefer to learn by doing something. Dominant Se. Like... an intuitive would NEVER say things like this, they love thinking about the consequences and living in the future or past, they learn by reading/theorizing, they tend to like sticking to one plan, even the NP's!

My personality seems to depend on context, my mood and whatever it is I'm interested in at the moment. When I think somebody's fake
. Fi

ESFP - Cognitive Function Theory < Try reading this?

Maybe ESTP at a push... but you don't come across as someone overly logical... you sound too easily swayed by your emotions. which i can relate to!

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, i agree that Fi and Ti are very similar, but it's impossible to get both Ne and Se for an mbti. And since you score so high on Se it's really unlikely that you're an ENTP or INTP. You may identify less with functions like Te and Ni since they're lower down.

Have you tried reading what the cognitive functions are like in their respective places? Dominant Ni will give a very different description to Inferior Ni.

I can't stick to one thing, because I get bored. I loved the feeling of "living in the moment" and not thinking about consequences. I prefer to learn by doing something. Dominant Se. Like... an intuitive would NEVER say things like this, they love thinking about the consequences and living in the future or past, they learn by reading/theorizing, they tend to like sticking to one plan, even the NP's!

My personality seems to depend on context, my mood and whatever it is I'm interested in at the moment. When I think somebody's fake
. Fi

ESFP - Cognitive Function Theory < Try reading this?

Maybe ESTP at a push... but you don't come across as someone overly logical... you sound too easily swayed by your emotions. which i can relate to!

I enjoy living in the future when the present seems unbearable (ie. boring). I felt very lonely in primary school and even though it's been a while, it kinda stuck with me. What I'm saying is that I would imagine all the scenarios, so that I didn't have to deal with negative emotions and so that I had something to look forward to. I lived in my head, because it was better than facing the reality.

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I enjoy living in the future when the present seems unbearable (ie. boring). I felt very lonely in primary school and even though it's been a while, it kinda stuck with me. What I'm saying is that I would imagine all the scenarios, so that I didn't have to deal with negative emotions and so that I had something to look forward to. I lived in my head, because it was better than facing the reality.

Okay, but you have to take into account that having Ne would also mean you have Fe, which you didn't score very high in, and as a Fi dom i can easily recognize the difference between Fe/Fi! listen, i had a hard time in school too and would resort to escapism. that was very likely you tuning into your Ni because you were in a stressful situation, and that's your inferior function's time to shine. And it's not that you enjoy living in the future.. you're just impatient lol

Fi as Auxilary function

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.

vs

Ti as Auxilary

The individual easily generates logical systems and formulations to explain a set of phenomena that he has experienced or studied. However, these logical systems or explanations are not viewed as permanent or all-encompassing, but can be improved upon or even discarded as new experience and information is added.

You also mentioned pointing out logical inconsistencies. That's Te. Ti wouldn't point them out externally, and would only think of them. When you are upset you are less caring of others, and that is normal, but it doesn't rule out the fact that when you are in a good mood/normal you inwardly acknowledge your appreciation for others and your own opinions.

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, but you have to take into account that having Ne would also mean you have Fe, which you didn't score very high in, and as a Fi dom i can easily recognize the difference between Fe/Fi! listen, i had a hard time in school too and would resort to escapism. that was very likely you tuning into your Ni because you were in a stressful situation, and that's your inferior function's time to shine. And it's not that you enjoy living in the future.. you're just impatient lol

I'd love to deny it... but, yeah... point taken :blush:

Ti and Fi are confusing! I need to think about it. Or maybe break it down. Gimmie a second.

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi as Auxilary function

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. - yes and no. Or maybe I just don't understand.
The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. -???
The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. - I'm not sure. I don't judge people but I wouldn't go out of my way to feel closer to them. Unless it was somebody I already respect/like.
If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with. - no. Double no if we're taking about someone I'm very close to.

Ti as Auxilary

The individual easily generates logical systems and formulations to explain a set of phenomena that he has experienced or studied. However, these logical systems or explanations are not viewed as permanent or all-encompassing, but can be improved upon or even discarded as new experience and information is added. - yes

You also mentioned pointing out logical inconsistencies. That's Te. Ti wouldn't point them out externally, and would only think of them. When you are upset you are less caring of others, and that is normal, but it doesn't rule out the fact that when you are in a good mood/normal you inwardly acknowledge your appreciation for others and your own opinions.
Trust me, you'd know straight away when I appreciate someone.
1)I'd be close to them (physically), probably touching them in some way - arm around the shoulders, hand on the back, resting my head on their shoulder, or just generally all over them. (This one sometimes makes guys think I fancy them when it's not true. Oops...)
2)I'd be listening closely to whatever they were saying. I'm not very good at focusing my attention but with people I care about I can just zero in, no matter how tedious I find the topic.
3)I'm very open about who's important to me - and vocal. Most people that know me also know my best friend's whole life history, likes and dislikes, personality, etc. Many people (even those that know us both and possibly my mum) actually suspect we're going out.
No idea what function this is. Or even if it has anything to do with functions. Just thought I'd point it out that there's nothing inward about how I feel about something/someone (both when I like and dislike sth/sb).

Amber97

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fi as Auxilary function

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. - yes and no. Or maybe I just don't understand.
The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. -???
The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. - I'm not sure. I don't judge people but I wouldn't go out of my way to feel closer to them. Unless it was somebody I already respect/like.
If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with. - no. Double no if we're taking about someone I'm very close to.

Trust me, you'd know straight away when I appreciate someone.
1)I'd be close to them (physically), probably touching them in some way - arm around the shoulders, hand on the back, resting my head on their shoulder, or just generally all over them. (This one sometimes makes guys think I fancy them when it's not true. Oops...)
2)I'd be listening closely to whatever they were saying. I'm not very good at focusing my attention but with people I care about I can just zero in, no matter how tedious I find the topic.
3)I'm very open about who's important to me - and vocal. Most people that know me also know my best friend's whole life history, likes and dislikes, personality, etc. Many people (even those that know us both and possibly my mum) actually suspect we're going out.
No idea what function this is. Or even if it has anything to do with functions. Just thought I'd point it out that there's nothing inward about how I feel about something/someone (both when I like and dislike sth/sb).

look i'm not gonna fight you on this: i think you're an esfp, someone else has said you're an esfp. you seem to want to repress your fi or whatever. do a little bit more research on the functions, ask other people to explain the functions, maybe learn to be more self-aware

MadTeaParty

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
look i'm not gonna fight you on this: i think you're an esfp, someone else has said you're an esfp. you seem to want to repress your fi or whatever. do a little bit more research on the functions, ask other people to explain the functions, maybe learn to be more self-aware

I've no problem accepting Fi as one of my functions. Or ESFP as my type for that matter. It's just that I find it very easy to confuse with Ti and I'm not quite sure which one it is that I use.