• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Very Weird Firend

Kadokawa

I recently joined college and sit right next to a super weird guy and tried looking into typology to try and understand him better, and here I am. It's been 8 months or so now and we are become friends.

I'll go straight to the point.

Subject is 6'4 or 6'3 tall, Mediterranean European looking.

First and foremost he's extremely awkward. Clumsy, doesn't have a good hearing, misunderstands all the time what I say, drops things on the ground, lower balance, etc. And also he's very quiet. Extremely shy and closed. Rarely, very rarely talks to anyone outside his circle.

But he's such a genius. Has very quick thinking, some of the smartest ideas, always introverting and looking at nothing, I assume he's thinking of his philosophies and the such. Leading me to believe he's an INTP. He's really knowledgeble. This colleague of mine knows totally random, and is good at arguments.

Despite that however I have come to talk to him and try to learn a bit more of him, and this person said he believes strongly in conservativism, family values, morals, Christianism, following the law, constant improvement. I think this sounds ISTJ'ish. Also says wants to marry a virgin like him and start a beautiful family who he "would gladly work hard and care for them" when most of us (myself included) are much more concerned with college parties and the such. He also behaves in accordance to what he preaches, the other day he scolded me for listening to music without headphones. And the other day it was because I crossed the street when the traffic light was red, mumbling how its people like me who make the country bad and how everyone should be more lawful.

And lastly he is very kind and altruistic, leading me to think he's on the F spectrum rather than T. I honestly don't see anything bad in what he says, he's usually very kind and considerate. Never raises his tone, tries to be comprehensive, always says "fighting will solve nothing", doesn't really mind when people fuck up with him and says "I understand". At the very least he's passive and (successfully) tries to be kind.

I don't know much of his background but I know not much of it is pretty. No good parents, poor background, etc.

I don't know. He's really weird. I was thinking maybe he was on the autism spectrum? Which would be sad of course. If not, what's the deal here?

Lark

I'm not sure that you can infer autism from political values and, like I said before at another time, I dont think you can infer typology from political values either.

I'm also not sure that being compassionate, not resorting anger and aggression and either being used to or expecting to be disappointed by others are indicators of being an F type rather than a T type, I would characterise myself in that way and its because of thinking dominating as opposed to feeling and not getting upset by others because my expectations are much lower of them than of myself, I guess that could be conflated with "conservatism" these days but it used to be a universal norm and yet another thing the left wing should not have allowed the right wing to lay claim to.

Kadokawa

No, I mean. In terms of feeling responsibility, duty, morality, etc. Thats an indicator of being SJ right? Particularly ISTJ in this case.
And I did not imply autism from political standpoints but rather as a conjuncture of all these matters. It's actually the spectrum as a whole, maybe simply a light Aspergers or whatever.