• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Every now and then I wonder if I'm an ISFJ...

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
I did a quick-and-dirty of the Socionics questionnaire (I've done the PerC MBTI one enough times), just ran through and answered, not worrying too much about composing well written answers.

So here we go.

Personal concepts
1.What is beauty? What is love?

– Beauty resonates harmony. Pretentious as that sounds, it’s the most succinct way to explain it. Aeshetic beauty bring all the perfect elements of a picture, outfit, scene, etc together to evoke a particular atmosphere. Everything harmonizes toward that one feeling or impression, whatever it is. Abstract beauty – of music, speech, sound, ideas, etc, is something that is similarly evocative without visuals, but everything still comes together just so into something sublime.

- Love is selfless care, trust, and compatibility with another person. The ability to be someone’s best friend, rock, lover, and occasionally caretaker if need be, and it comes quite naturally. Little feels forced or dutiful when you love someone, you’re simply on the same wavelength such that you want to be that person to them. Or at least, this is my ideal, sort of…never properly felt it, see….

2. What are your most important values?

I wish I knew – at least how to articulate them.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I’ve been exploring some spiritual paths lately, I’ve only jumped in in the last couple months, and doing so required me to throw all logic, realism, and shame out the window. This came on the heels of several months of agonizing over whether I should follow my spiritual inclinations, and thus be stupid, irrational, and a joke, or actually explore this thing I’ve been curious about. Frankly, I’d been suffering from a spiritual void as of late, and felt the need to at least dabble or read to get that release.

At least part of my reason for exploring this particular path is aesthetic: it's simply a lovely notion of life that I'd like to indulge.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

- Pointless, but there’s still a certain romanticism about them, however misguided.

- Oof. I’ve found myself thinking a lot about this. I wonder if it’s true what people say that power is all that matters, and that power is the deciding factor in life. As I see it, a person’s greatest power is their capacity for excellence, their proven distinguishment. Money is a tool of power; status unrelated to merit is pseudo-power. But real power is genius, competence, demonstrable superiority.

Guess I’m kind of a meritocrat.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I don’t have very many interests, and what few I do have, I never liked to talk about. No idea why, certainly not why I’m interested in them. Who can answer that?

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes yes yes!

This is literally why I had to admit I'm a Sensor.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Annoying crap to put off as long as possible.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

I apparently have abysmal taste in media: anything I like is reviled by people with actual taste and intellect.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

- Literally the only thing that has ever made me cry is self-pity.

- I laugh at incredibly stupid things (real childish sense of humor). Cute things are almost guaranteed to make me smile too:

yNPdY5.gif

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Still waiting….

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Those are two different things. I’m chronically discontent with most things about myself; others, I’d guess take issue with my refusal to ask questions and my asociality the most (I seriously almost got fired because of it!)

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Can I come back to this one?

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Mental. Health. Better coping mechanisms, getting a concrete analysis of myself and what (if anything) is wrong with me and such.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Oh yes, repeatedly. Usually just because I got bored of whatever routine I’m in at the time, and couldn’t make myself interested in anything. I hate it – my mind starts gong to all kinds of depressing places, I ruminate, and worry, and distract myself with the same old crap I’m also bored of until something comes along to rouse me to some kind of action.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I almost forgot this question, because I'm not really sure. I seem to be indifferent towards most people on a personal level.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Romance sounds lovely and sex utterly disgusting (and a power game not worth playing). Not sure what I want in a partner – I’m generally pretty disconnected from anything resembling a dating scene I guess if anything I’m waiting to see if someone compatible comes along and I guess we’ll see where it goes from there.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Health, safety, and education would be my biggest concerns. God knows I haven’t the slightest clue how to go about caring for a tiny, helpless human life so I certainly don’t know specifics.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Panic internally but say nothing. Online I might argue – but face-to face? Probably do my best to ignore it.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I know how I should answer to look good. But I couldn’t disagree with it more.

I often feel disconnected from society, from people. I think I made a comment somewhere here that if it weren’t for current events sections on sites I frequent, I’d barely know anything about the world outside my current obsessions. Funny, as now at last I’m taking some interest in the outside world and it’s involving environmental conservation, protection, and cleanup – “sustainability” and that kind of stuff. For whatever reason it’s an issue that fascinates me.

I have no idea what to think of people. I have senses of what I should think, what I want to think, no idea what I do think.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don’t really have friends IRL…last time I did I was in elementary school…

21. How do you behave around strangers?

Basically ignore them, only interact if I need to. I’ll be polite if someone engages me, but just answer them as needed and crawl back into my headspace. I find I’ve gotten better at it over the last few years in particular.

I encourage discussion and asking for elaboration...I figured that would be better than trying to dissect everything in the questionnaire itself.

Somehow I think I have my type nailed down, but for whatever reason I can't help but wonder. It's been almost three years now, shouldn't I know?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP with extreme Fi-Ni tendencies. Source: am one.

I wish I had more to contribute than just how familiar the tone of your self-criticism is to me, and its chicken/egg relationship with how unforgiving the outer world appears. If you haven't already, look up inferior Te under stress. It's getting better for me, but there are still times.

There is a hammering texture to your perceptions that I can't imagine from any Si + Ne type - which is somewhat informed by the Socionics quadras. Decisive > Judicious type IMO, but read about them yourself and see what you think.

The saving grace of the NiFi type of doubled down introvert is in taking life too seriously to give up on it. That would require cutting it a certain amount of slack. ;)

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFP with extreme Fi-Ni tendencies. Source: am one.

I wish I had more to contribute than just how familiar the tone of your self-criticism is to me, and its chicken/egg relationship with how unforgiving the outer world appears. If you haven't already, look up inferior Te under stress. It's getting better for me, but there are still times.

There is a hammering texture to your perceptions that I can't imagine from any Si + Ne type - which is somewhat informed by the Socionics quadras. Decisive > Judicious type IMO, but read about them yourself and see what you think.

The saving grace of the NiFi type of doubled down introvert is in taking life too seriously to give up on it. That would require cutting it a certain amount of slack. ;)

I was hoping for more responses, but I ought to reply to this one too.

My biggest question was what you mean by the "hammering texture of [my] perceptions"?