• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP, INTJ or ENTJ (with enneagram 3w4)?

MJS9

Hello!

I've been trying to determine my mbti for a while now. Every type has something that defnitely isn't me, and the three that I most think my personality is alike with are the ENTJ, INTJ and ENTP.

I have taken four MBTI-tests, and have gotten ENTJ twice, ENTP and INTJ both once. I have also done the enneagram test three times and gotten the type 3 every time (only the last one gave "a wing", which is apparently 4 for me).

So I'm either ENTP 3w4, ENTJ 3w4 or INTJ 3w4.

I don't know that much about the enneagram, but out of these three, I have doubts with each one.

I'm fairly extroverted, but I can spend time alone (and sometimes prefer to), however I play a team sport (football) 6 times a week and I enjoy debating. I can also quite easily start a discussion with a total stranger. I have also given presentations to 100+ people in high school. But then again I really do prefer to be alone sometimes. I guess that with this one I'm bit of both. And I'm not very loud, energetic and bossy (usually).

Intuition was an easy one. I constantly plan my future and dream about different possibilities. I have (some say unrealistically) big plans/ aspirations. I'm very optimistic and live in the future. However I am quite observant. Sometimes my problem is that I procrastinate too much. I also have constantly new ideas/ thoughts coming to my head and I forget them (usually) quickly if I don't write them down (which I do).

Another easy one is Thinking. I'm very logical and can turn off my emotions if I want to. I value logic above all else, and I can justify many things with it. But however, I do also have sometimes strong feelings of remorse and sadness. When I argue it is purely with logic.

J vs P wasn't that clear, since I usually leave things just lying around (I can find the perfectly however), but planning is one of the main things in my life. I truly enjoy making plans. I also don't like unorganized chaos, but I don't have much respect for the rules (personally). I like my surroundings to be neat (just not keeping them that way myself). I do however enjoy organizing things that matter/ are important to me.

I realize I must sound like an asshole in this description..

But as I said I have trouble fitting into each type, here are the fitting parts and the one that don't fit to me in each one:

ENTJ:

Fits: I'm very decisive and in the end this is the type that my "gut" tells me to go with (I can't trust that completely however). This is also the one I've gotten the most out of tests. In some ways I'm ruthless. I think being successful is the most important thing in life. I'm very stubborn.

Doesn't fit: I don't always wan to lead/ be on the platform. Also I don't think I'm as much a "commander" that some descriptions say.

ENTP:

Fits: I have a strong intuition and I'm a bit sloppy sometimes.

Doesn't fit: I don't have a good sense of humor and I'm not as active as an ENTP. Also I don't like to argue with someone all the time. I also don't like chaos. Also I don't look up things (usually) just because I'm curious, but because it benefits me in some way. Also I'm not against using (a good) conventional way of doing things (I don't like to find new ways just for the sake of it). Also I have nothing against traditions and conservatism (however politically I'm on the right fiscally, but socially liberal). And the biggest: I HATE parties and partying/ dancing (in a club with loud music on), I much prefer a quieter club where you can discuss political/economical matters. So I'm not as out going as an ENTP is.

INTJ:

Fits: They seem quite calm, but with good friends they are silly (that's me). Also their sense of pragmatism is similar to mine.

Doesn't fit: I like small talk (in a moderate amount). I'm also very athletic and I don't see myself as that much of a perfectionist (only in the things that matter to me). And I do like some people quite much.

So which one do you think I am (bare in mind that I'm also 3w4)?

Thank you! :)

P.S. I posted this also to another thread, because I wasn't sure on where to put it to gain maximum visibility.