• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFP, ESTP or ENFJ?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION] is a dear friend to me and I hope he doesn't waste his time here.

You said you were leaving? Haven't I given you a good reason to leave?

Stop wasting your time here.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where did I say I was leaving?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member-blogs/73916-404-found-45.html#post2698861

Starry said:
There are a couple of holes I didn't get filled in properly.

1.) I know this might not be over.
2.) Regardless of whether this is over or not I wanted the giddy period to last for a great while.

#tractorbeams

You know I'm just so blah on the forum right now and kinda hate everyone haha and want to leave so badly but can't find a replacement forum (It's so funny because...in spite of not knowing shit about them I attempted to sign up for 16types...and they refused my registration because they said I was spam. I don't even know how much more of a live person I could have been...but no...I apparently am spam ha.) I've been really lazy in my communication. I also feel an NJ amp coming on.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to the discussion. Sorry for the divergence.

Starry

Way to go [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION]. ^Pulling something over from a members only section of the forum into a public space. Classy. And a solid come back too. Sorry senza.

Yah, Ill leave now that youre violating the FAQs. Have fun.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
latest

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Way to go [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION]. ^Pulling something over from a members only section of the forum into a public space. Classy. And a solid come back too. Sorry senza.

Yah, Ill leave now that your violating the FAQs. Have fun.

I'll leave you to the mods to deal with your personal insults. Have fun.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do Fi types even exist these days? :wink:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look lady...I've already fuckin done that for you. Would you like me to connect you to some posts? Ungrateful fuck. This is seriously why people shouldn't waste their time typing others.

You have problems.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are such mystery ..
Though I would say ENTJ with a highly developed Fi

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You are such mystery ..
Though I would say ENTJ with a highly developed Fi

What's funny is, I was chatting with him last night and, (just thinking off the cuff) I proposed possibly ISFP, or remain ESFP, and with a highly developed Te :D

He definitely shows some strong Te that's for sure; he is quick to bring up empirical evidence rather than arguing from a more personal logical standpoint. I'm currently developing my Te at the moment so I still have trouble spotting it in myself or in others (though people here have helped to point it out rather easily). The easiest way for me to wholly understand a function is to see it in myself and how it plays out in my thinking, so since my understanding of Te is not quite there yet...you could be seeing a Te that I just do not at this point.

What I take away from him, is that he seems to make decisions based more on how things make him feel in the moment, rather than what is logically correct or most efficient. My brother and dad are NTJs and it's pretty apparent they both are on completely different fields than I am. They definitely both feel things strongly, against the popular stereotype, NTJs aren't robots :p, but what they do have trouble with, is identifying where exactly those emotions are coming from and what exactly they are feeling. It just feels more like some ball of internal stress or anxiety that unsettles them if it gets too great. That's where I come into play and help them sort their emotions out. So to the point, I feel Kierva does actually have a fairly strong...no very strong understanding of his emotions and even where they come from. He seems like a person that knows himself very well on an emotional level. More than an Fi inferior may suggest. Just some initial thoughts of mine though.

But, we'll see how this plays out. I just found it interesting that I see him as a dom/aux Fi type with highly developed Te and you see him completely flipped :D Gotta love them differing perspectives!

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is an interesting argument ED. Unfortunately, it defeats the purpose for why typology was created in the first place. People study typology so they can know and accommodate people they don't know. In other words, if you had to know someone for a substantial amount of time in order to type them...it ends up defeating its own purpose. It's a shorthand. It's as simple as that. I'm almost surprised you see it so differently.

And I think the two of you are Fe doms. And no...I don't care to fucking explain especially since people seem so ungrateful in this thread unless they hear precisely what they want. Not everyone cares to devote time and energy to this kind of crap. I've never seen such ungratefulness. Like people are here to serve you all.

[MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

Don't waste your fucking time explaining anything...unless you're getting paid of course.

I'm only going to reply to the comment directly tied to my post since I don't feel much like jumping into this mosh pit. But I do see the MBTI as a tool for better understanding strangers or people you only mildly know, absolutely. But what I am interested in doing, and what I see many others doing, is taking that initial stance, and pushing it further, to see if there are more conclusions we can make, of what makes this type this or that type that. I feel that is actually what brings people back to this site over and over again, is that so many people ARE talking about the "what ifs?". It's much more interesting to have a brainstorming session online with so many varying perspectives than to come to an "easy A" class and just joke around with friends for an hour then leave. Well, that's why I continue to come onto Typo C, for that intellectual, even light-hearted banter of the cognitive functions. Not suggesting you aren't also into delving deeper, but that is why I, and Kierva, and many others, are interested in getting to the bottom of why they are perceived this way or that. We are seeking out those subtle nuances in type differences. If we just wanted simple superficial explanations, we'd be content just stopping over at 16personalities and enjoy the rest of our day with the time saved.

Lastly, I hope you are not suggesting I am an ungrateful f*ck. I did ask for your feedback way back when as to why you see me as ESFJ 2w3, for which you never returned my call. Instead, you gladly volunteer your typing of me and denounce my type repeatedly without explanation. How am I supposed to react to that? Therefore, I see nothing to thank you for. Other members have delved deeper as to why they see me as ESFJ or any typing really, and I greatly appreciate hearing it. I have thanked them, and I continue to thank people for their time. When I ask people for their opinion, I also make it clear that they are not obligated to help me. Why would I assume I am worth their precious time? Time is such a valuable commodity in my life, so I assume it is the same for others. This is also an internet forum. There is only so much reciprocation you can actually do for someone, aside from sending someone a check in the mail or wiring them funds. Kierva handing out pixelated cookies is pretty much all you can do over the internet to show appreciation other than thanking people profusely. So, I am not sure where this feeling of being underappreciated is coming from since I do not know your story, but I hope it isn't coming from me.

Well shoot, I ended up replying to the whole comment...But I had to make sure I cleared things up.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's funny is, I was chatting with him last night and, (just thinking off the cuff) I proposed possibly ISFP, or remain ESFP, and with a highly developed Te :D

I think I'll just put myself in γ and leave it at that.

He definitely shows some strong Te that's for sure; he is quick to bring up empirical evidence rather than arguing from a more personal logical standpoint. I'm currently developing my Te at the moment so I still have trouble spotting it in myself or in others (though people here have helped to point it out rather easily). The easiest way for me to wholly understand a function is to see it in myself and how it plays out in my thinking, so since my understanding of Te is not quite there yet...you could be seeing a Te that I just do not at this point.

As evidenced by the numerous posts in this thread. I would define Te as the external dynamics of objects, where productivity, efficiency and accuracy of things, people and experiences are measured and acted on. For example, when I'm at home cooking, I tend to do three things at once. Let's say I'm cooking spaghetti -- I would first boil the noodles because it takes a while, and then while it's boiling, I'll heat the pan and drop olive oil in it. That takes only 30 seconds with a strong stove. Once I'm done, I'll drop the tomatoes and paste so that it can stew, and then while that is stewing, I'm chopping the vegetables and unpacking the meat. I drop them both, and then whoop, the noodles are done! Then I strain the noodles, wash them under cold water, and set it aside, and then I'll be dropping the herbs and stirring. 5 minutes later, the sauce is done, and the dish is ready to serve.

What takes most people to cook in 2 hours takes me only 30 minutes.

What I take away from him, is that he seems to make decisions based more on how things make him feel in the moment, rather than what is logically correct or most efficient. My brother and dad are NTJs and it's pretty apparent they both are on completely different fields than I am. They definitely both feel things strongly, against the popular stereotype, NTJs aren't robots :p, but what they do have trouble with, is identifying where exactly those emotions are coming from and what exactly they are feeling. It just feels more like some ball of internal stress or anxiety that unsettles them if it gets too great. That's where I come into play and help them sort their emotions out. So to the point, I feel Kierva does actually have a fairly strong...no very strong understanding of his emotions and even where they come from. He seems like a person that knows himself very well on an emotional level. More than an Fi inferior may suggest. Just some initial thoughts of mine though.

I used to be like your dad and brother in my younger years, but then I got mostly frustrated because I simply couldn't make sense of what I was feeling. I tried to blame it on other things, but then it felt like I wasn't being honest with myself, or that I'm missing the point. It's also tiring in the sense that once I'm not doing anything to distract myself from the feeling, it goes back, unsolved. To me, that is really unproductive, since I'm wasting time feeling negative emotions. It's much better to sit down for a while, be honest with myself about what I feel, deal with them, and then move on. I could be doing other, more interesting things.

But you are right that I make decisions mostly on how I feel in the moment. There is the correct, more efficient decision, and then there is the decision that makes you happy. I find that the latter is less stressful, and picking up the slack in later moments is easier for me to deal with, since I see Te as a tool, and not a way of life. I also perform better under intense pressure, but I can't put up with sustained pressure. My activity cycle is more in bursts of energy instead of a sustained way of life.

But, we'll see how this plays out. I just found it interesting that I see him as a dom/aux Fi type with highly developed Te and you see him completely flipped :D Gotta love them differing perspectives!

And I miss those perspectives most of the time. /sad

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] my mother is INTJ 6w7, and yes they're not as robotic as some people might think, they can be fairly expressive as well.. I agree with what you said about their Fi..
As for Keivra, I definitely get a strong Te from him, he's also an E and J, and he usually pauses for a while in order to put his sentences together, which I don't get from S domains.. he sounds ambitious, knows pretty well where he's going in life and how is going to reach his goals, I specially took a notice of his view on success, I had an ENTJ friend whom I heard her say: "I live among people and I should be a successful person according to their standards, if I don't want to persue that, then I better live alone, be in a prison or whatever.." but on the other hand, she doesn't live up to others' expectations of her if that makes sense..
Another thing that I noticed is how he reaches to people in order to get them do what he wants, he shows care and is being nice for that goal he wants to achieve, a good people skills, a goal stated beyond good manners..

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kierva, I'm not sure.

I will say that I don't personally believe the mbti system and socionics system perfectly align. I'm saying this because everyone seems to agree you're Gamma in socionics, but I don't buy that you're then restricted to the gamma types when it comes to mbti.

All I can say about what I saw in the videos is that you seem to have a very 'polished' and articulate presence, not nearly as casual or...nonchalant/free?....as ESFP's I know. As you and others have said, it could just boil down to e3. I don't know though.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From the snippets I watched and posts on this thread.. man, a lot of your subject matter and demeanor remind me of me. I'd give some specifics but I'm on mobile and cba to go look right now (I may later).

It's been a few days since I looked at it, but if memory serves you talk about human nature a lot. One thing that stuck out was about buttering/sizing people up to accomplish your goals but doing it kindly and not being a dick about it, because that's how things work in the real world. Edit: another was about choosing the opposite of the popular choice (e.g phones) as a sorta-kinda form of self-expression.

I'm also a 3w4 sp (the best kind of Three there is :wink:) and very likely a gamma. Not sure on anything else. I've also been told (and have felt myself) that I'm heavy on Fe.. or Fe-like characteristics that manifest from Three-ness.

Just sayin', I relate. At least in those ways.

Last edited:

Starry

I'm only going to reply to the comment directly tied to my post since I don't feel much like jumping into this mosh pit. But I do see the MBTI as a tool for better understanding strangers or people you only mildly know, absolutely. But what I am interested in doing, and what I see many others doing, is taking that initial stance, and pushing it further, to see if there are more conclusions we can make, of what makes this type this or that type that. I feel that is actually what brings people back to this site over and over again, is that so many people ARE talking about the "what ifs?". It's much more interesting to have a brainstorming session online with so many varying perspectives than to come to an "easy A" class and just joke around with friends for an hour then leave. Well, that's why I continue to come onto Typo C, for that intellectual, even light-hearted banter of the cognitive functions. Not suggesting you aren't also into delving deeper, but that is why I, and Kierva, and many others, are interested in getting to the bottom of why they are perceived this way or that. We are seeking out those subtle nuances in type differences. If we just wanted simple superficial explanations, we'd be content just stopping over at 16personalities and enjoy the rest of our day with the time saved.

Lastly, I hope you are not suggesting I am an ungrateful f*ck. I did ask for your feedback way back when as to why you see me as ESFJ 2w3, for which you never returned my call. Instead, you gladly volunteer your typing of me and denounce my type repeatedly without explanation. How am I supposed to react to that? Therefore, I see nothing to thank you for. Other members have delved deeper as to why they see me as ESFJ or any typing really, and I greatly appreciate hearing it. I have thanked them, and I continue to thank people for their time. When I ask people for their opinion, I also make it clear that they are not obligated to help me. Why would I assume I am worth their precious time? Time is such a valuable commodity in my life, so I assume it is the same for others. This is also an internet forum. There is only so much reciprocation you can actually do for someone, aside from sending someone a check in the mail or wiring them funds. Kierva handing out pixelated cookies is pretty much all you can do over the internet to show appreciation other than thanking people profusely. So, I am not sure where this feeling of being underappreciated is coming from since I do not know your story, but I hope it isn't coming from me.

Well shoot, I ended up replying to the whole comment...But I had to make sure I cleared things up.

I'm sorry ED...I've been posting from my phone today and totally missed this. I hear what you are saying. I mean, I think there's a departure between what you originally said "You really need to know Kierva" and "Kierva and I are not interested in superficial explanations" but that's fine. I guess what I'm finding so shocking in all of this is...

I have already dedicated time in the past explaining my reasoning to Kierva in PMs. I watched his videos. I read his PMs and posts of him describing himself. I was called to one of his old threads by Nicodemus and Chanaynay and gave my explanation again with the 3 of us discussing it. I've already walked down this road. Likewise, I've been here since 2010 and I'm done making type-related arguments especially when I've already taken my time to make them. I mean, instead of accusing me of superficiality...why don't you go back and look at my history. Do you know how many reps, VMs, PMs I receive each and every day with people asking me to type them? I'm tired...which is what I indicated in my first post. And I did it in a self-effacing way with compliments to Kierva...and what do I get in return for all of this? Because Starry doesn't feel like dancing like a monkey for this thread...I'm insulted? Are you kidding me?

I don't even know what goes on in a person's mind when they act like this towards another person. I was tagged in this thread...there was no indication about what the expectations where...I explained my side of things (after already explaining my side of things) and this is how I'm treated. Do they act like this at 16types? I guess I'm just too dumb for the likes of you right? But I hope you don't treat others in this way.

I'm happy you want to discuss the functions and go in dept...I think that's great. And I'm glad you are getting a lot of your experience here. I think you'll be able to in turn teach people so much.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] my mother is INTJ 6w7, and yes they're not as robotic as some people might think, they can be fairly expressive as well.. I agree with what you said about their Fi..
As for Keivra, I definitely get a strong Te from him, he's also an E and J, and he usually pauses for a while in order to put his sentences together, which I don't get from S domains.. he sounds ambitious, knows pretty well where he's going in life and how is going to reach his goals, I specially took a notice of his view on success, I had an ENTJ friend whom I heard her say: "I live among people and I should be a successful person according to their standards, if I don't want to persue that, then I better live alone, be in a prison or whatever.." but on the other hand, she doesn't live up to others' expectations of her if that makes sense..
Another thing that I noticed is how he reaches to people in order to get them do what he wants, he shows care and is being nice for that goal he wants to achieve, a good people skills, a goal stated beyond good manners..

You know, with all the talk about Fi, Te and Se, I don't see much talk about Ni. I do feel that my Ni is somewhat one-dimensional, because I only use it to direct my goals towards somewhere. The other, more "classical" uses of Ni, such as discussing different perspectives about politics, religion and philosophy and seeing the implications behind it bore me. To me, it's just verbose conjecture filled with circular logic.

Kierva, I'm not sure.

I will say that I don't personally believe the mbti system and socionics system perfectly align. I'm saying this because everyone seems to agree you're Gamma in socionics, but I don't buy that you're then restricted to the gamma types when it comes to mbti.

All I can say about what I saw in the videos is that you seem to have a very 'polished' and articulate presence, not nearly as casual or...nonchalant/free?....as ESFP's I know. As you and others have said, it could just boil down to e3. I don't know though.

As I have said many times, being an E3 is such a liability lol! It's so difficult because I change whenever the situation requires me to, depending on how close or distant I am with the parties involved. Since this is a forum where I don't know a lot of people, I put up this mask where I'm somewhat "'polished' and articulate". With my friends it's a different story, I'm somewhat looser and uninhibited, but then again, it really depends who I'm with.

So therein lies the question: whose opinions do you take seriously? I'm constantly weighing whatever the forum and my friends say, and I don't know if I have enough data to truly settle.

From the snippets I watched and posts on this thread.. man, a lot of your subject matter and demeanor remind me of me. I'd give some specifics but I'm on mobile and cba to go look right now (I may later).

It's been a few days since I looked at it, but if memory serves you talk about human nature a lot. One thing that stuck out was about buttering/sizing people up to accomplish your goals but doing it kindly and not being a dick about it, because that's how things work in the real world.

I'm also a 3w4 sp (the best kind of Three there is :wink:) and very likely a gamma. Not sure on anything else. I've also been told (and have felt myself) that I'm heavy on Fe.. or Fe-like characteristics that manifest from Three-ness.

Just sayin', I relate.

Oh man, I don't know if the bolded is narcissistic or just having a 3ception! Hahaha.

To be honest with you, I don't like humans very much. Most of the pain and suffering I've experienced were at the hands of other humans. But I do understand that humans are social, and we depend on each other for survival. I'm simply making things easier for myself.

And yes! 3w4 sp(s) represent! 3 sx(s) on the other hand... ugh.

So I have a question to you -- how do you recognize when you are being a 3, and when you are using your preferred functions?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As evidenced by the numerous posts in this thread. I would define Te as the external dynamics of objects, where productivity, efficiency and accuracy of things, people and experiences are measured and acted on. For example, when I'm at home cooking, I tend to do three things at once. Let's say I'm cooking spaghetti -- I would first boil the noodles because it takes a while, and then while it's boiling, I'll heat the pan and drop olive oil in it. That takes only 30 seconds with a strong stove. Once I'm done, I'll drop the tomatoes and paste so that it can stew, and then while that is stewing, I'm chopping the vegetables and unpacking the meat. I drop them both, and then whoop, the noodles are done! Then I strain the noodles, wash them under cold water, and set it aside, and then I'll be dropping the herbs and stirring. 5 minutes later, the sauce is done, and the dish is ready to serve.

What takes most people to cook in 2 hours takes me only 30 minutes.
I'm one who's tended to listen to audiobooks or read while doing my thing on an exercise bike. Partly out of boredom, mostly out of not wanting to waste time. Maintaining a bunch of parallel projects so that when one stalls I have another to work. So on and so forth.

Although I do have the urge, I've relaxed on that tendency because...
There is the correct, more efficient decision, and then there is the decision that makes you happy. I find that the latter is less stressful, and picking up the slack in later moments is easier for me to deal with, since I see Te as a tool, and not a way of life.
...of this.

I also perform better under intense pressure, but I can't put up with sustained pressure. My activity cycle is more in bursts of energy instead of a sustained way of life.
Same. Which is hard to reconcile with some Te, but fuck it.

Agreed. There are many differences between the two systems as currently defined -- for example, ESTp's exhibit more leadership/conquest than ENTj's, and ENTj's are more "spacey" than the ENTJ in MBTI.

You know, with all the talk about Fi, Te and Se, I don't see much talk about Ni. I do feel that my Ni is somewhat one-dimensional, because I only use it to direct my goals towards somewhere. The other, more "classical" uses of Ni, such as discussing different perspectives about politics, religion and philosophy and seeing the implications behind it bore me. To me, it's just verbose conjecture filled with circular logic.
I don't know if those are actually classical uses of Ni. Perhaps what you're describing is Ne/Ti.

Discussing oddball or abstract ideas can be interesting, but taken too far it becomes totally pointless. "What if the moon was actually made of cheese?" Fine, it's interesting to think about, but I wouldn't exactly make a lifestyle out of thinking that way. Which is hard to reconcile with my career in research, but fuck that too.

And I know that the following site isn't necessarily the best source, but this all resonates with me:
Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.
Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities.
Gamma types [care] about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.​

The latter of these additionally makes me an opportunist. If the present trend changes -- some opportunity rises up -- I have no problem changing course and re-planning. Which may be hard to reconcile with any Je, but.. eh.

As I have said many times, being an E3 is such a liability lol! It's so difficult because I change whenever the situation requires me to, depending on how close or distant I am with the parties involved. Since this is a forum where I don't know a lot of people, I put up this mask where I'm somewhat "'polished' and articulate".

So therein lies the question: whose opinions do you take seriously? I'm constantly weighing whatever the forum and my friends say, and I don't know if I have enough data to truly settle.
Those who legit know you the best. (It's hard for a Three to claim that there's anyone who knows them "the best" -- I hold my cards close to my chest -- but hey that's all relative.) Because...
With my friends it's a different story, I'm somewhat looser and uninhibited, but then again, it really depends who I'm with.
...of this.

To be honest with you, I don't like humans very much. Most of the pain and suffering I've experienced were at the hands of other humans. But I do understand that humans are social, and we depend on each other for survival. I'm simply making things easier for myself.
That's where we differ, maybe. I'm pretty nice by nature. Contrary to everything I've posted I'm not a fan of conflict -- partly because of upbringing, partly because of "What if I see this person again and (a) don't want to experience awkwardness, or (b) if we have to collaborate (again)?, partly because it's simply my nature, partly because there may be some worthwhile truth to extract from what they say.
So I have a question to you -- how do you recognize when you are being a 3, and when you are using your preferred functions?
Beats the hell out of me. But I think a "natural state" comes out when one's relatively chilled out.

This gets you hardly any closer to finding an MBTI type, I'm sure, other than the fact that what I'm saying here is evidence that (a) a lot of that stuff is a product of Three and not necessarily an MBTI type, and/or (b) we may actually have similar types, and so our answers may be similar. FTR I've been typed in MBTI (both in consensus here and by myself) as xNFJ, ENTJ, and ENxP.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. There are many differences between the two systems as currently defined -- for example, ESTp's exhibit more leadership/conquest than ENTj's, and ENTj's are more "spacey" than the ENTJ in MBTI.

I'm actually considering :Si: PoLR for myself, in that I don't really care for fitness or bodily health until I recognize that its detrimental to my productivity. I find the gym very boring. On top of that, I'm actually sitting at home, nursing a fever. Fever is the worst; colds and coughs aren't that bad because you're functional, but fever is debilitating.

I don't know if those are actually classical uses of Ni. Perhaps what you're describing is Ne/Ti.

Discussing oddball or abstract ideas can be interesting, but taken too far it becomes totally pointless. "What if the moon was actually made of cheese?" Fine, it's interesting to think about, but I wouldn't exactly make a lifestyle out of thinking that way. Which is hard to reconcile with my career in research, but fuck that too.

I wrote that with a certain ILI in mind, and he's the kind that likes abstract topics. Like I said, I find it very boring, because it doesn't deal with problems faced in the now. There's no immediate impact.

And I know that the following site isn't necessarily the best source, but this all resonates with me:
Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.
Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities.
Gamma types [care] about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.​

Actually that's one of the best sources. Its content is basically copy pasted from wikisocion.org.

The latter of these additionally makes me an opportunist. If the present trend changes -- some opportunity rises up -- I have no problem changing course and re-planning. Which may be hard to reconcile with any Je, but.. eh.
Likewise! I find myself quite flexible when it comes to plans. Though when it comes to asking for a decision, I'm quite pushy. I don't like it when I ask people what they want to do, and they say "anything goes". I always push for a definite answer.

Those who legit know you the best. (It's hard for a Three to claim that there's anyone who knows them "the best" -- I hold my cards close to my chest -- but hey that's all relative.)
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I feel like I run into this problem where I feel somewhat alone because I give or show different sides of myself to different people, and so they only have that one piece of that puzzle. They never really see the whole picture.

That's where we differ, maybe. I'm pretty nice by nature. Contrary to everything I've posted I'm not a fan of conflict -- partly because of upbringing, partly because of "What if I see this person again and (a) don't want to experience awkwardness, or (b) if we have to collaborate (again)?, partly because it's simply my nature, partly because there may be some worthwhile truth to extract from what they say.
I'm like the opposite? I'm nice to most people's faces but inside I'm judging them so hard. I just don't want to be hurt or taken advantage of again, which leads to my hating of humans.

I do understand the need to cooperate to get things done, but if I really don't like someone and they've crossed the line, I will not hesitate to fight with them (as evidenced in this thread). I deter, not attack. And I don't actually feel awkwardness when I'm forced to work with someone that I've fought before or be on bad blood with, because if anything, it's good, as we can keep that emotional distance between each other.

This gets you hardly any closer to finding an MBTI type, I'm sure, other than the fact that what I'm saying here is evidence that (a) a lot of that stuff is a product of Three and not necessarily an MBTI type, and/or (b) we may actually have similar types, and so our answers may be similar. FTR I've been typed in MBTI (both in consensus here and by myself) as xNFJ, ENTJ, and ENxP.

Then how do you decide which MBTI type is home for you?