• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't figure out my type. I'm becoming extremely frustrated.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd see IXTX at the least.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm getting ISFP from all this. But I think it's best you look at the descriptions of cognitive functions, get a sense of how you would rank your use/preference for each. Always take tests that measure your cognitive function usage/preference, not dichotomy-based ones. Also, I recommend looking at Socionics, as opposed to MBTI. Socionics gives a much more comprehensive view, and I would consider more likely accurate. You can see how each type would use each function and how that interacts with the other functions relative in their stack. Source: Socionics Types

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting ISFP from all this. But I think it's best you look at the descriptions of cognitive functions, get a sense of how you would rank your use/preference for each. Always take tests that measure your cognitive function usage/preference, not dichotomy-based ones. Also, I recommend looking at Socionics, as opposed to MBTI. Socionics gives a much more comprehensive view, and I would consider more likely accurate. You can see how each type would use each function and how that interacts with the other functions relative in their stack. Source: Socionics Types

I retook the Socionics test. My result was EII-INFj.

My other possible types are:

1.IEE (ENFp): 68% as likely as EII.
2.LII (INTj): 59% as likely as EII.
3.ESI (ISFj): 57% as likely as EII.

I can relate to the Delta Quadra the most, but I can also relate to aspects of the Gamma Quadra.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
For the last three years I've been trying to figure out my MBTI type. I've never taken an official MBTI test, and on most of the online test I get either INTJ or INFJ, and the preference for thinking over feeling is never strong. However, I'm starting to believe that I am a sensor. I just don't believe that I'm an intuitive, and I believe my personal interest are throwing my test results off.

I don't think I'm an INTJ or INFJ because I don't understand how dominant Ni works. Most websites just talk about it being "mystical" and "psychic", and they never go into depth about how dominant Ni actually WORKS. Whenever I go on to MBTI subs on reddit, the people there type me as an ISFJ or ISFP, because they say I'm not "deep" enough to be an intuitive. At this point I'm done with Reddit's MBTI communities, because all they talk about is pop culture and romance.

Before I left reddit, I lurked on some of their MBTI subs. I mostly lurked on the Ixxx subs. After looking at r/ISTJ, r/INTJ, r/ISTP, and r/INTP, I've crossed out the possibility of me being IXTJ or IXTP. r/ISFP and r/ISFJ seem pretty laid back and comfortable, though the subs are barely in use. When I lurk on the INFJ I can relate to several of the users there, but when I lurk on the INFP sub I feel as though I'm walking on eggshells, eventhough I'm not commenting on the sub.

In terms of being "deep", I feel as though I don't present myself in a very deep manner. I get the feeling that I give off a very absent-minded or ditzy vibe, since I'm extremely shy and I don't share my thoughts with the outer world. My inner life, though, is extremely deep. I think, feel, and analyze thoughts and emotions on an intense level.

I don't know if I can type myself anymore. I'm not sure if I have an accurate representation of myself, and I don't know how others perceive me. I feel as though I know my thoughts and feelings and why I think the way I do, but I don't know who I really am. It's as if I'm trying to mold myself in to an "idea woman" that society has told me is great, but I'm failing at it. It's gotten to the point that I no longer know my true self. I've tried so hard throughout my 21 years of living to fit in with my peers, but I've always felt like I can't relate to most people. For some reason, I've always attracted those who are considered the "outsiders": The troubled kids at school would confine in me, the "eccentric" and/or "future intellectual" kids thought I was interesting, and the "bad boys" wanted my mind, spirit, and body. I feel soulless, and as if I have no true identity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what my type is. If someone would like to ask questions, it will be appreciated, as I don't think that making a list of my personality traits is helping me type myself.

You have no type, you are meant to dwell in mbti limbo forever.
Never able to decide on your identity, until you inevitably decide to end your suffering and become and accountant.
Numbing yourself to all human emotions and meaning, the mere shell of a man, whose soul has long departed.

Or you could just figure out that a 16 type system will not fit everyone and develop a personality of your own.
- hugs and kisses.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have no type, you are meant to dwell in mbti limbo forever.
Never able to decide on your identity, until you inevitably decide to end your suffering and become and accountant.
Numbing yourself to all human emotions and meaning, the mere shell of a man, whose soul has long departed.

Or you could just figure out that a 16 type system will not fit everyone and develop a personality of your own.
- hugs and kisses.

Eck only speaks in true facts. I'm really sorry OP had to find it out this way. :(

We should send a gift basket or something. Also, someone becoming an accountant automatically makes them an ISTJ.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
become an accountant.

D:

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
ISFJ e6 or e9 seems far and away the most likely, based on the OP.

Have you read this description of Si (aka the "Instinctive" Introvert)?

I find the way you describe yourself in the OP strikingly similar in its tone.

I can relate to most of description you provided about Si, especially the part about coming across as passive and vague.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I relate to you with this. Reddit is really annoying, they just say a type and don't bother to elaborate why you might be a type, they don't bother to explain a function. I've found it with the enneagram threads as well, nobody really explains anything. It's irksome.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I retook several test.

•Here are my results from the Keys2Cognition test:

Your Cognitive Development Profile:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******** (8.9)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.1)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP