• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me, Enneagram-Style. [Long Questionnaire]

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I'm really not going to get into this.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

Observing life quietly, feeling calm and even level, trying to figure out things and people at a deeper, hidden level than what the naked eye can see. What I notice in myself.. I definitely reside comfortably inside my head, and do not enjoy being yanked out of it by real life. I can be clumsy and accident-prone because of this. Otherwise, I just seem distant, other-worldly, "I wonder where you go?" other people tease me whenever I just stare ahead.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
Curious. Very sensitive. Distant yet caring. Prone to melancholy. Imaginative.
b. What have others said about you? My parents said that I am very intelligent, which I disagree, which they then point out to me that I have a very high perfectionist streak and am way too hard on myself.
c. What do you think of yourself? There are some things about myself that I wish was different. I wish I can get things done much quicker, for example. I wish I was more socially gifted. I wish I had thicker skin.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. I truly believe that I am an HSP, and that I always take on other people's problems on top of my own. I've been taken advantage of so many times because of this, and since I do not like to ruffle feathers or rock the boat, other people tend to think of me as weak and then they bully me to tears.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
I answered something like this on question 2c.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? Being there in the moment. Definitely.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
My martyrdom like qualities rub people the wrong way. I don't blame them. I've left others for many reasons, tbh.

6. Which types do you identify with most? E1, E2, E4, E6, E9.
a. How do you relate to these types? E1 in that we are perfectionists. E2 in that we care too much. E3 in that they and I both strive for the best. E4 for the emotionalism. E5 because I really do enjoy feeding my mind on a vast array of interests. E6 because we both enjoy support/guidance from others. E7 because we both fear pain. E8 because our vice is lust. E9 because our holy idea is love.
b. How do you NOT relate to them? I have.. no idea, tbh.

7. Which types are least like you? E3, E8.
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types? E3 can be very vain, according to Wikipedia, and I've never been one to be like that. E8 is a very tough kind of enneagram, which I am quite the opposite of that.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to? E3 fears of being invaluable, which I can understand on some level, though my biggest fear is to be completely alone without any love from other people, which I suppose can interlope with the feeling of being invaluable. E8's desire is self-protection, and I am the master of keeping it all in.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I want the ultimate deal: true love, soulmate affinity, the whole nine yards. I am never casual when it comes to the matters of the heart.

9. What is the message your superego tells you? I have no clue.

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]

Your questionnaire suggests 9w1 > 2w1. Retain the sx-first.

In general, I noticed a trend of ambivalence in your answers. Some people will ramble on about their characteristics, the things they feel strongly about, the clear lines they base their ego identities on. Your answers were quite diffuse which is characteristic of 9's special brand of self-apathy.

The main difference between the two is that 9s will minimize their own desires (or attempt to make their desires synonymous with their attached objects) in order to maintain harmonious relationships while 2s will strive to create dependency relationships where the other party "needs them" in order to feel valued and loved.

Like many 9s (and some phobic 6s), you struggle to ID with the assertive types 3,7, and 8 though 7's "lighter" style probably makes it more palatable than the other two.

Last piece of evidence is seen in your choices for questions 10-12. In 10 you said that being lovable (the exaggerated ideal for E9) was most relatable while being loving and benevolent (the exaggerated ideal for E2) was least relatable. Similarly, you chose the E9 options as most relatable for both 11 and 12. Only in 12 were 9 & 2 close but you still chose 9 first. That trifecta that is very telling unless you were already aware of the associations.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]

Your questionnaire suggests 9w1 > 2w1. Retain the sx-first.

In general, I noticed a trend of ambivalence in your answers. Some people will ramble on about their characteristics, the things they feel strongly about, the clear lines they base their ego identities on. Your answers were quite diffuse which is characteristic of 9's special brand of self-apathy.

The main difference between the two is that 9s will minimize their own desires (or attempt to make their desires synonymous with their attached objects) in order to maintain harmonious relationships while 2s will strive to create dependency relationships where the other party "needs them" in order to feel valued and loved.

Like many 9s (and some phobic 6s), you struggle to ID with the assertive types 3,7, and 8 though 7's "lighter" style probably makes it more palatable than the other two.

Last piece of evidence is seen in your choices for questions 10-12. In 10 you said that being lovable (the exaggerated ideal for E9) was most relatable while being loving and benevolent (the exaggerated ideal for E2) was least relatable. Similarly, you chose the E9 options as most relatable for both 11 and 12. That trifecta that is very telling unless you were already aware of the associations. Only in 12 were 9 & 2 close but you still chose 9 first.

Thank you. Is there a way to find out my tritype?
I doubt I can find it through this set of questions alone..

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thank you. Is there a way to find out my tritype?
I doubt I can find it through this set of questions alone..

Beyonding IDing which heart and head fix issues resonate most, idk. I can see a decent amount of 5 and 4 in your questionnaire but you also said 6 resonates with you. There's also the left over 2w1...do you still relate to it?

Going by this specific questionaire, I'd give 5 a slight edge over 6 mainly because of your sensitivity buffering responses early on. Not sure if anything else can be extracted though.