User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    1. What kinds of careers have you considered?
    I'm currently a vet-med student, but to be honest, I'm not really passionate about it. I'm good in practical courses, but I'm so average in science-related/theoretical classes.

My favorite jobs are creativity-related. Like painting, fashion designing, interior designing, cooking, becoming an architect, & maybe a real estate agent. "However", most of these jobs are not realistic/reliable enough for real life.

(Though I'm kinda thinking about going back to college to become an architect after graduating from Vet school.)

2. In thinking about careers, would you say you're mostly focused on finding one that will compensate you reasonably well for doing work that you find satisfying in terms of being interesting, challenging, and calling on your knowledge/skills, etc., or would you say that, more important than that stuff (or maybe as a necessary supplement to that stuff), you have a core drive to have a job that's meaningful in terms of improving people's lives or otherwise making the world a better place?
    Deffo the first one. Actually this is "one of the reasons" why I don't like Vet-related jobs.

Though when I was working at the clinic as my summer job , I worked very hard & loved being appreciated by the Dr (my boss) & ppl (clients).
    When I saw that the clients counted on me, that I was learning/doing things well, it made me feel so good.

But to feel even better, I always tried to find creative ways to satisfy my boss & clients. & when I was appreciated, It would motivate me to work even harder.

But in general, I think I would love creativity-based jobs more. The types of jobs in which you can get promotion.

3. When you think about having kids, which of these five statements best applies to you?

A. I feel like not having kids would mean missing out on an aspect of life nobody should miss.

B. I'm pretty sure I want to have kids.

C. I have mixed feelings on kids, and could see my life going either way.

D. I acknowledge I may feel differently in a few years, but at this point I'm somewhat leaning against ever having kids.

E. I feel sure, or pretty sure, I don't ever want to have kids.
    Deffo (100%) "E"!!!

The thought of having kids some day really scares me!!! The thought of marriage scares me too, but having kids scares me alot more!

I'm 22! & I had this opinion from early ages & I still have it even though many ppl told me I'm going to change my mind when I grow up!

Many ppl say "aww cute" when they see kids/babies, but I actually hate babies.
    It's not just that! I hate pregnancy, child birth, body changes, resposibility that comes with it, taking care of them, sacrifices, etc.

I think I'm going to end up being single forever, as I know "NO ONE" who thinks like me!

4. Imagine that a couple of your friends are trying to tell somebody who's never met you what kind of person you are. If there are particular things you can imagine them saying where they'd be rolling their eyes or chuckling (albeit maybe good-naturedly) as they described them — because they're aspects of your personality where you're eccentric or notably toward one end of the spectrum — what would they be?
    My family/relatives know me alot more than friends.
    But ppl a bit close to me, would probably say that I'm Imaginative/creative, impatient, artistic, adventurous & in love with trying new things, envious, competetive, someone who wants to be original, passive agressive, that I bottle up my feelings(when having problems) until they explode, etc.

But anyone other than my close family & friends would say that I'm quiet, abit shy, introverted, mysterious, loner & serious!!!

5. Does religion or some other form of spirituality play a significant role in your life, and if so, does it involve a relatively conventional organized religion or a more amorphous/philosophical kind of spirituality?
    When I was a kid/teen, I loved being a christian (protestant) cuz I loved churches' architecture & atmosphere, & because I found jesus christ's personality peaceful.

Now, even though I sometimes love the thrill of reading/taking quizzes to find out what religion suits me better, but I have no religion & consider myself as "agnostic".

However, If I ever wanted to join a church, I would probably choose Episcopal/Anglican churches. They're beautiful & more open minded. But I wouldn't say I'm religious.

Hopefully needless to say, don't feel the slightest pressure to answer any of these questions to the extent that (for any reason) you'd rather not publicly post the answers.
    Thanks!
    Oh , & btw you you asked me somewhere if you can use my other quotes or not......
    Sure!

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You're right. That's a very general question.
    What's funny is that some "Feeler" types insist they are being entirely "logical" when making decisions,
    but a "Thinker" type doesn't consider it "logical" at all.

You didn't say if you have any of the books.
    You can borrow "Do What You Are" from your local library.
    No, I don't really have any access to mbti-related books.
    All I read when I have mbti related questions is Websites & forums!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

xSFP 3w2
    Likes Ellyn, snowfeather liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    147 sp/so

Hey Ellyn --

1. Just moved your thread to the "What's My Type?" Subforum.

2. Welcome to TypeC!

3. I agree that few of the traits in your OP are directly linked to type. Have you checked out descriptions of your top choices to see if they resonate with you? Alternately, have you done any reading into Jungian Cognitive Functions (JCF) to see whether dominant Fi, dominant Ni, or dominant Ti resonate? (Per your current top choices, IxFP, INTP, INTJ.)
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/4w5/7w8 sp/so (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Ellyn, INTJMom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hey Ellyn --

1. Just moved your thread to the "What's My Type?" Subforum.

2. Welcome to TypeC!

((((Thanks alot! ♡))))

3. I agree that few of the traits in your OP are directly linked to type. Have you checked out descriptions of your top choices to see if they resonate with you? Alternately, have you done any reading into Jungian Cognitive Functions (JCF) to see whether dominant Fi, dominant Ni, or dominant Ti resonate? (Per your current top choices, IxFP, INTP, INTJ.)
    I have read things about CF, but only on the internet.
    The thing is that when reading about CF, I understand it more with real life examples.

Cuz most of the times, when I read the descriptions of each function, I can relate to at least 20% of each function.
    & sometimes the descriptions are so confusing that I can't really choose my top 4 functions at it's best.

Like, when I read about Fi, I can relate to it, then I go & read about Fe & I can relate to that to!!!

Or, for example, some sites mention that creativity is a result of active Ne.
    Others say it's Se.
    ....& then I get confused even more!!!

Or Fi dom (like in ISFP) & Fe inf (ISTP) are so hard to distinguish!!!
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    147 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    I have read things about CF, but only on the internet.
    The thing is that when reading about CF, I understand it more with real life examples.

Cuz most of the times, when I read the descriptions of each function, I can relate to at least 20% of each function.
    & sometimes the descriptions are so confusing that I can't really choose my top 4 functions at it's best.

Like, when I read about Fi, I can relate to it, then I go & read about Fe & I can relate to that to!!!

Or, for example, some sites mention that creativity is a result of active Ne.
    Others say it's Se.
    ....& then I get confused even more!!!

Or Fi dom (like in ISFP) & Fe inf (ISTP) are so hard to distinguish!!!
    What do you relate to about each type that you've considered? That is, things about how you think, and how you react to others. I've found that associating type with interests, hobbies, etc, isn't as reliable as getting to the core of WHY those interests and hobbies are appealing. The motivations behind why people do what they do.

Likes Ellyn liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    147 sp/so

Also, as a mod FYI, I just deleted a derail. Let's be a bit more welcoming in the future, shall we? In the spirit of the hospitality pineapple?

(for the uninitiated: The Hidden History of the Housewarming Pineapple | Atlas Obscura )

Likes Ellyn, INTJMom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    What do you relate to about each type that you've considered? That is, things about how you think, and how you react to others. I've found that associating type with interests, hobbies, etc, isn't as reliable as getting to the core of WHY those interests and hobbies are appealing. The motivations behind why people do what they do.

Besides ISFP ;

I relate to ISTP because of Ti-Fe.
    Specially it's description in the website "personality junkie".
    That explains how Fe works for ISTP.
    (I'm going to explain it in my next post).

& also, both Fi-dom & Fe-inf seem uncomfortable & private about their emotions, but indirectly use it to improve in social situations.
    & that both are seen by ppl as unimotional.

& also using Ti (example; when ppl tell me something, I don't believe it. I try to think about the underlying factors, possibilities, reasons, etc.-----to me it kind of sounds Ti.

Or that sometimes (kinda rarely) I might love to do/have something, but another option/choice sound more logical. So I choose it in order to be logical & not to regret my decision later!)

INXJ because of using Ni alot. (However, INTJs are more straightforward, thick skinned & sarcastic & I lack those charactristics.)
    But as I use Ni alot (for planning =I really love planning & making lists, even if I can't keep up with it!) & as I'm serious & cynical , sometimes I think that I might be INTJ.
    I think about future alot. & most of the times in a negative way!

Another difference I see between myself & INXJ types is that I use my Se (or what I "think of" as Se) way more that them.

I get excited about new things, colors, tastes, images, nature, senses, etc way more than like INTJ who cares more about Te issues rather than Sensory aesthetics.

I can't really distinguish between ISTP & ISFP when it comes to relating to them.

I know it's a wrong way & full of stereotypes, but as I can't find out if I'm truly ISFP or ISFP, when I'm sad, depressed & having dramas or problems & look devestated, I think of myself as an ISFP (kinda like a sad/troubled artist).
    & when I'm in a good mood, doing good at job/uni, using opportunities & having a successful/ good day, I think of myself as ISTP.
    & I relate functions to my situation.

Fo example, if I have a successful day at work or somewhere, I relate it to having Ti & dealing with situations in a good way!

But when I have a bad day & get sad/depressed for it, I relate it to Fi & the emotional aspects of it.

But at the end of the day, I can't really stick to one of them!!!

@EJCC ,

Why I relate to ISTP description of personality junkie
    (These parts) :

"During grip, ISTPs may alienate themselves from others, insisting they need more and more time to themselves (this is why ISTPs often test as Enneagram Fives). They become trapped, functioning only in Judging mode (Ti-Fe)."

"the process of slipping into grip experiences is often subtle and insidious. For instance, ISTPs may have a goal in mind for what they want to accomplish that day, only to discover the task much larger than they originally imagined. But because a bigger task poses a greater challenge, they take the bait and see if they can still manage to get it done."

"Because of the inferior position of their Fe, ISTPs struggle to intentionally contact or understand their emotions. It’s not they never experience emotions, but only that their emotions seem to have a mind of their own, coming and going as they please. So even if ISTPs are aware of what emotions are appropriate for a given situation, they often do not “feel” them at the time, engendering a sense of awkwardness or discomfort in emotional situations. They may even experience the desired emotion a few hours later, but it’s almost as though their emotions get “stage fright” when “put on the spot.” To compensate, ISTPs may try to use their Fe to offer the socially-appropriate words. But without experiencing the emotions directly, they often sound clumsy or contrived in their expressions."

"Fe also contributes to ISTPs’ desire for public affirmation. While ISTPs may not always “feel” what others are feeling, their Fe still desires the sense of social affirmation and validation. Consequently, there are times when ISTPs are helpful or compliant largely for the sake of external approval or to maintain a certain public perception. ISTPs with a strong concern for their image can take social engagements quite seriously. They want others to see them as laudable employees, spouses, parents, or citizens. Their desire for public esteem can also be a motivating force in ISTPs’ desire for achievement."

"they view conflict as a potential threat to the relationship they depend on to meet their Fe needs, as well as a threat to the flawless image they seek to preserve. So rather than giving voice (Fe) to their concerns, ISTPs are more apt to analyze (Ti) or act on them (Se), often in passive-aggressive ways. They may, for instance, intentionally start spending more time at the office as a passive form of rebellion against their partner."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    No, I don't really have any access to mbti-related books.
    All I read when I have mbti related questions is Websites & forums!
    The reason I asked is because the websites are not anywhere near as thorough as the books.
    MBTI is quite complex and it takes some study if you want to understand it.
    Not only that, but it is extremely difficult to "type" a person over the internet.
    Even in person, it's quite a challenge.
    Once someone guesses what they think your type might be, you should carefully consider the accuracy over several months to determine if they are correct.
    Likes Ellyn liked this post