• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did two quizzes and am open to answer any questions. :thumbup:

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it? I suck at saving money. I'm a spender and I constantly change my mind about purchases.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources? Yes. I'm a single woman. 'nuff said. We need to protect ourselves.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes? If I'm not making the changes then I need baby steps with changes. I adapt quickly, though. I do like some routine but bore and get restless easily.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing? I like some security, but if it feels right I would risk it.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers? I'm private around strangers.
6. Do you tend to be introverted? Very. I don't like initiating contact. I very rarely do unless I see something that would connect us ( a Disney key chain or Star Wars t-shirt).
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments? Nope.
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies? I do some precautions. I do prepare with emergencies. I live with two senior citizens, precautions are a given.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth? Yes.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios? Yes and yes.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees? I like people getting to the point. If I'm confused about something I'll ask for clarification.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially? I offer some. I'm giving but I'm not their personal ATM.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation? Unfortunately, yes.
2. Is social image important to you? Yes.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena? No.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world? No.
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others? No.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause? Yes.
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities? No, I prefer working by myself or with close friends.
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you? A little.
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event? Group or family, yes. Social event? No.
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people? No.
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public? Yes.
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family? Not at all.

Personality Cafe Instinctual Variants Questionnaire:

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance? Yes.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other? No.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money? Yes.
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other? 50/50.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns? no.
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things? A big stinking yes.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security? Sometimes.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times? Yes.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships? No.
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities? Yes.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences? Yes on all of them.

Personality Cafe MBTI Questionnaire:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I don't really know my type.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I just want to be able to live a life where I can be creative and imaginative.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. With my friends and us encouraging each other and brainstorming together. They are actresses while I'm more the brainstorming and improvising thinker/writer. I can't memorize lines or else I'd be acting too.
4) What makes you feel inferior? My family. It's dysfunctional and toxic. Some are very harsh and too blunt. They laugh and joke about me.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) How I feel about it and how it affects me.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I normally like some control or I just coast through it.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? Meeting my dog as a puppy. I didn't even want him but he kept nudging at me and being silly. We bonded and had fun together. He won my heart that day and we have parted since. He's been my constant for over 12 years. He has great comedic timing and any time with him is fun.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? Researching it. I kind of like to figure things out myself, but I will go to people for help.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as? I'm becoming better at being organized. I'm a work in progress.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I think I'm more wanting the information to support it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Follow what I believe.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? Even when I think before speaking I seem to say the wrong thing. I do make an effort to try to think before speaking. One-on-one. I really don't care for group discussions at all.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I like to know where I'm leaping. Actions speak louder than words with me.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Well I have a DVR so it really comes down to what they are planning. I'll go out if I like their plans. I'm more of a homebody, though.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out? I'm unbearable. The Hulk would be scared of me. It's best to just leave me be and let me work through my issues. If I need a to vent I'll let you know. I mostly just try to distract myself with music until I can process what's happened.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? People with the mindset of Donald Trump anger and annoy the heck out of me. I get riled up easily around people like him.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? My ideals, pop culture, and religion with some super close friends.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? I'm not very good with time. I'm never tardy for appointments. I was raised to never be tardy for anything. It's engraved in my brain to be on time for meetings/appointments but I lose myself in whatever I'm doing and forget that time has passed. It's hard to keep my attention. I zone out. My mind just travels somewhere else. Not really great at recognizing my surroundings but if a place I love or remember fondly gets torn down or moves, I get upset.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I asked them and they agreed that while I'm a very sweet, cheerful, creative, considerate cinnamon roll (actual words they used), I am the most sarcastic person they've ever met. One of them said they actually wished Han Solo was real so they could see us banter and who'd win. Their perceptions aren't far off. I've known them a long time so they see the real me. I'm not sarcastic with everybody. I need to like you and know you will be comfortable with it. But I am sarcastic to the core. I treat people how I want to be treated, so I treat people kindly until they don't deserve it. You then get icy me. I they would never call me a an adrenaline junkie. I may be a shopaholic but I don't do daredevil stuff.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? This is going to be so boring. :sleeping: Does napping count as an activity? No. For some reason spending an insane amount of time at the library popped in my head first. I'd really just relax and let my inner child roam free. Let my creative spirit run the show. Definitely have a Netflix marathon.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did some tests that I saw members recommend to others in this forum.
Keirsey gave the Artisan temperament.
Keys 2 Cognition gave me: INFP/Catalyst

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.9)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.9)
excellent use

Cataylst temperament:
Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. Tend to be idealistic and visionary, wanting to make the world a better place. Look to the future. Trust their intuition, imagination, and impressions. Focus on developing potential, fostering and facilitating growth through coaching, teaching, counseling, and communicating. Generally are enthusiastic. Think in terms of integration and similarities and look for universals. Often are gifted in the use of metaphors to bridge different perspectives. Usually are diplomatic. Frequently are drawn to work that inspires and develops people and relationships.

Typology Temperament test posted by [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] = NF

Similar Minds:
ISFJ

Introverted (I) 80% Extroverted (E) 20%
Sensing (S) 79% Intuitive (N) 21%
Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
Judging (J) 59% Perceiving (P) 41%

DigitalSoul

I'd say that there's a 80% chance that you're INFP, the remaining 20% being ISFP.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How do you feel about (un)certainty? Describe your mental mindset when being dropped into chaos or otherwise seeing your ideas and plans go to shit.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you feel about (un)certainty? Describe your mental mindset when being dropped into chaos or otherwise seeing your ideas and plans go to shit.

I freak out and get stressed. I distance myself from people and focus on something I have control over. Be it dusting, cleaning, or even something simple as redesigning my blog. I need something to either focus or distract me.

Lately I've been trying to train myself to not get so snappy or dramatic about unforeseen events. I say this to myself now: "Okay this has happened. It's pointless to get anxious. You can't change it. Let's breathe and think of how we can deal with this in the best way possible."

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I freak out and get stressed. I distance myself from people and focus on something I have control over. Be it dusting, cleaning, or even something simple as redesigning my blog. I need something to either focus or distract me.

Lately I've been trying to train myself to not get so snappy or dramatic about unforeseen events. I say this to myself now: "Okay this has happened. It's pointless to get anxious. You can't change it. Let's breathe and think of how we can deal with this in the best way possible."

Confirms my original suspicion of ISxJ 1w9 or 6w5 sx/sp. Leaning towards ISTJ. More specifically, your response is the sort I associate with Je prefs who are inclined to exercise control over an unruly environment while Ji prefs are more likely to be permissive of external chaos as long as their internal state is well-settled. The way you withdraw from the chaos instead of seeing it as a potential source of info or stimulation seems to confirm a disengagement with Ne's information processing style. Especially since you said you retreat into the safety of the familiar where you know you have dominion. Si > Ne in a nutshell.

This is the point where I request [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION]'s aid in directing you to some halfway decent descriptions of SJs. It's widely accepted here that most descriptions google pulls up are low quality (and rarely written by self-identified SJs) which makes them hard to identify with because of how sensitive Si(+Fi) is to values of its era and preferred environment. I think one of the biggest hurdles to get over is that SJs aren't incapable of creativity nor are they rigid traditionalists. Rather, they like their chaos in controllable doses that allow them to exercise their Ne creativity like a "fun" relief function instead of as a means for survival.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confirms my original suspicion of ISxJ 1w9 or 6w5 sx/sp. Leaning towards ISTJ. More specifically, your response is the sort I associate with Je prefs who are inclined to exercise control over an unruly environment while Ji prefs are more likely to be permissive of external chaos as long as their internal state is well-settled. The way you withdraw from the chaos instead of seeing it as a potential source of info or stimulation seems to confirm a disengagement with Ne's information processing style. Especially since you said you retreat into the safety of the familiar where you know you have dominion. Si > Ne in a nutshell.

This is the point where I request [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION]'s aid in directing you to some halfway decent descriptions of SJs. It's widely accepted here that most descriptions google pulls up are low quality (and rarely written by self-identified SJs) which makes them hard to identify with because of how sensitive Si(+Fi) is to values of its era and preferred environment. I think one of the biggest hurdles to get over is that SJs aren't incapable of creativity nor are they rigid traditionalists. Rather, they like their chaos in controllable doses that allow them to exercise their Ne creativity like a "fun" relief function instead of as a means for survival.

I thought I was possibly istj, but they seem to be presented as stoic and, like you said, rigid. I'm known as the goofy one. Always quick with a one-liner. I do retreat to the familiar and the quiet. I need that introspection and downtime to absorb and reflect the situation.

I do have generalized panic disorder. It does make me relate to enneagram 6. I'm going to read up on 1w9.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
must be a darkthrone fan :thumbsup:

:turnitup:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought I was possibly istj, but they seem to be presented as stoic and, like you said, rigid. I'm known as the goofy one. Always quick with a one-liner. I do retreat to the familiar and the quiet. I need that introspection and downtime to absorb and reflect the situation.

I do have generalized panic disorder. It does make me relate to enneagram 6. I'm going to read up on 1w9.

I have a lot of ISTJ friends, and they're all goofy and silly when we hang out together. Inferior Ne is so fun to play with, especially with other Si/Ne types. :D

It does sound to me like you could be an ISxJ (not sure on F/T). This is a thread for resources on Si that I started that you might find useful in typing yourself:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...unctions/84438-learn-introverted-sensing.html

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I found a video discussing istj vs isfj and they mentioned Te with istjs that they do their best thinking with other people in the room to bounce their ideas off of. I do this A LOT, but I didn't know that was Te and not Ne or is it Te and Ne working together? *has officially confused myself* :doh: I love brainstorming with my friends. I get inspired by that interaction.

I keep hearing they're good at keeping their promises. I'm not. That being said I've spent more years being really unhealthy, so I don't doubt that has shadowed the good attributes of my personality. I'm also severely critical with myself. I'm working on not being as hard but I know I still do it. I know I'm critical of others but I'm not verbal about unless I'm under stress, then I talk before thinking about how to cushion the blow.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confirms my original suspicion of ISxJ 1w9 or 6w5 sx/sp.

I didn't relate to 1w9 but I did relate the wing 9 part. I went with 6w5 but then I read 9w1 tonight. The way they act when unhealthy hits very close to home. Does the sx/sp fit both enneagram types you suggested?