• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know which type I am. I think I am ENFP or ESFP

Anna123

Hi!

I'm quite new to this, but it's really interesting. I'm a 27 year old woman from Norway.

I've taken several tests, and I always end up as ENFP or as ESFP. Intuitive vs Observant is really close.
When I've read about the types I don't feel like either fits me completely. So I would really appreciate it if I could get some help figuring out what I am :)

I guess I could be other types than ExFP, but I don't think so. And if I had to choose between ENFP and ESFP I think ENFP might fit me slightly better, but I don't know.

Thanks! :)

DigitalSoul

Hi!

I'm quite new to this, but it's really interesting. I'm a 27 year old woman from Norway.

I've taken several tests, and I always end up as ENFP or as ESFP. Intuitive vs Observant is really close.
When I've read about the types I don't feel like either fits me completely. So I would really appreciate it if I could get some help figuring out what I am :)

I guess I could be other types than ExFP, but I don't think so. And if I had to choose between ENFP and ESFP I think ENFP might fit me slightly better, but I don't know.

Thanks! :)

Hi [MENTION=28527]Anna123[/MENTION],

Have you taken this Keys 2 Cognition - Temperament Survey and this Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes ?

Anna123

Hi, thanks! :)

I just took those tests, and I got Improviser followed by Catalyst on both.
The second test was kinda strange, so I didn't understand everything. It placed me as ISFP, which I can't relate to, but it did tell me that I might be esfp as that was pretty close. I had highest Fi, followed by Se.
Now I think ESFP fits me a bit better than ENFP haha. But still not sure.

DigitalSoul

Hi, thanks! :)

I just took those tests, and I got Improviser followed by Catalyst on both.
The second test was kinda strange, so I didn't understand everything. It placed me as ISFP, which I can't relate to, but it did tell me that I might be esfp as that was pretty close. I had highest Fi, followed by Se.
Now I think ESFP fits me a bit better than ENFP haha. But still not sure.

Well, "Improviser" means "xSxP" and Se was your second strongest cognitive function (hence the xSFP suggestion), so I believe that ESFP is more likely than ENFP. Still, let's see what other, more experienced members have to say. :)

As for the test, it is "strange", but it is, in my opinion, the most accurate cognitive functions test out there. Part of its strangeness lies in the fact that simply understanding the question is an indication of having developed a particurlar function. This makes it extra-difficult for those of us who aren't native speakers of English, but..."no pain, no gain". :)

Have a look at these descriptions, while waiting for other replies: ENFP Personality Type: The Creative Idealist and ESFP Personality Type Profile

If you've got the stamina to take another test, take the Personality Test - Keirsey.com *** Keirsey Temperament Sorter II . It requires registration, but it's one of the top 2-3 out there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
welcome anna!

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome to the forum!

The difference between ESFP and ENFP is Se vs. Ne so you need to determine which one fits you more.
To put it in a nutshell, Ne is about seeing future possibilities, what you possibly might get from a situation, what is a potential of the situation or a person and how things could develop. You see a person, spot a talent, so for example you might say this person could a succesfull writer if he'd practice more. Now it's not only about seeing this, but believing it and pursing this possibility, an idea or a plan for the future.
Se is not about potential or about how things could be in the future, but how things are, not what you might get from a situation, but what you're actually getting from it. It's about seeing and observing the reality to objectivly evaluate what is happening around and to immidiatly spot something and react in order to get a maximum out of the current moment with less emphasis on what it might potentially mean for the future.

I hope this helps.