• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Type Me

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25723]RobinSkye[/MENTION] I am just trying to make sure you're open to different types. I know you started a thread but it seems more like, "I am this type, tell me why I am it." You seem very resistant to anything outside of it, that's all.

I also wanted to see what you believe about the functions, and if anything is false. Maybe [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] or [MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION] could better explain Fi-Se.

Not saying you are or aren't. Just trying to play a little devil's advocate.

And why 5? Have you thought about 9w8, maybe? Challenge yourself.

maybe he's an INTP 9. I believe that type combination may be a lot more common than we think.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
maybe he's an INTP 9. I believe that type combination may be a lot more common than we think.

Certainly! I think a lot of INTP 5's are really 9's. Of course INTx types are going to relate to 5 just because of the descriptions. But once you dig deeper into Enneagram you realize it's not really about that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Certainly! I think a lot of INTP 5's are really 9's. Of course INTx types are going to relate to 5 just because of the descriptions. But once you dig deeper into Enneagram you realize it's not really about that.

Agree. 5 is motivated by fear, correct?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's part of the head center, so yes.

I'm just speculating how the different motivations might manifest in INTPs. Very interesting to consider. I like how enneagram adds dimensions when applied to jungian systems.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I'm just speculating how the different motivations might manifest in INTPs. Very interesting to consider. I like how enneagram adds dimensions when applied to jungian systems.

I like Enneagram more than MBTI. It's deeper.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Enneagram more than MBTI. It's deeper.

Yes. I don't think MBTI is designed to effectively address mental problems, depression, etc--all very common and part of our human experience. It's the biggest flaw although I see how some have tried to address it with discussions of what it's like in "the grip" of the inferior. It's still quite static though, in that regard, while enneagram is more dynamic in addressing different states of well-being and health.

It's why I feel fairly confident of my enneatype but tend to waver with my jungian type.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure. Might depend on the individuals. ENTPs have the better Fe, but I don't really associate "feeler-y" with that type. Sometimes I wonder if INTPs, with the blindspot of inferior Fe, might overcompensate and learn to feign being better feelers to navigate through social situations, while maybe ENTPs with their higher Fe might have just enough to get by without having to "overdo" it or try too hard.

Again, just vibes, but I would say you seem more INTP than NTJ or NFJ, but then I don't know you that well.

I think I understand what you're trying to say.

Ti doms can be quite principled and they can be very concerned with fairness, not being a type that will consciously want to play favorites with people. Match that up with Ne's ability to see different angles/possibilities/perspectives and the potential to avoid infringing on others' space or boundaries and I can understand why you might come to that conclusion, sort of how INFJs sometimes get labelled as the thinkers of the NF types (albeit for completely different reasons than INTPs might be associated with seeming "feeler-y"). (thinker can be such a biased word in the context of MBTI anyway, as it might imply thinkers think more than feelers--often going hand-in-hand with assumptions that thinkers can't feel). I always cite Data from Star Trek as a great (if exaggerated) example of how INTPs operate. Data is pretty much blind in the area of feels but he has a great capacity to treat all with fairness and little to no bias, so this sort of endears him to his friends as he isn't really "feeling" in a F sense, but he is still doing the best he can with T and N to navigate and operate in a world where feeling is valued. Obviously that can backfire in "sensitive" situations where the INTP perhaps might not have known something they would do or say, while not intentionally malicious, might offend or damage others' feelings or sensibilities. In other words, some situations require a more nuanced feeler's approach/diplomacy which may not be apparent to the INTP unless they've already blundered and learned from a similar past social faux pas. Can you identify with that?

Yes, I could see you being an LII of the Ne subtype in socionics. I think I may have suggested that type to you some time back when you were asking for type help. Again, I don't know you super well, so I'm forced to "vibe" type and I'm not sure how reliable vibe typing has ever been.

Yeah, I think Data is a neat representation, and he was always my favorite. :p

[MENTION=25723]RobinSkye[/MENTION] I am just trying to make sure you're open to different types. I know you started a thread but it seems more like, "I am this type, tell me why I am it." You seem very resistant to anything outside of it, that's all.

I also wanted to see what you believe about the functions, and if anything is false. Maybe [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] or [MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION] could better explain Fi-Se.

Not saying you are or aren't. Just trying to play a little devil's advocate.

And why 5? Have you thought about 9w8, maybe? Challenge yourself.

That seems pretty idiotic, to simply "challenge myself" with the most improbable types. Why waste time exploring the least likely when you can try to find out more about the ones that are comparable?

Instead of asking me to disprove functions or enneagram types, why don't you present a case for different possibilities? It doesn't make sense to look for answers out of thin air.

Why 5? Because I think and act like one. That's why, haha. I assume you suggest 9 because of what I said about caring for peace/harmony. That's not for any reason other than being able to have space to concentrate on what I'd like to think about, and to not have my thoughts and perceptions influenced by others to a negative end. Fear. Oh, there is one other use to the harmony ideal. But it all comes down to not imposing upon other sentient, living things. I don't want to destroy anyting or unjustly harm anything. This is one such issue where I see my understanding of aspects of the Ji functions blurring. When regarding some decisions and frameworks, it's hard to differentiate the Ji functions. Back to enneagram - To be quite frank, I don't associate well with any of the instinct triad. 3-6 are all reasonably relateable. But I consistently test highly for and agree with descriptions of 5s.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
That seems pretty idiotic, to simply "challenge myself" with the most improbable types. Why waste time exploring the least likely when you can try to find out more about the ones that are comparable?

Instead of asking me to disprove functions or enneagram types, why don't you present a case for different possibilities? It doesn't make sense to look for answers out of thin air.

Why 5? Because I think and act like one. That's why, haha. I assume you suggest 9 because of what I said about caring for peace/harmony. That's not for any reason other than being able to have space to concentrate on what I'd like to think about, and to not have my thoughts and perceptions influenced by others to a negative end. Fear. Oh, there is one other use to the harmony ideal. But it all comes down to not imposing upon other sentient, living things. I don't want to destroy anyting or unjustly harm anything. This is one such issue where I see my understanding of aspects of the Ji functions blurring. When regarding some decisions and frameworks, it's hard to differentiate the Ji functions. Back to enneagram - To be quite frank, I don't associate well with any of the instinct triad. 3-6 are all reasonably relateable. But I consistently test highly for and agree with descriptions of 5s.

Man, there's no need to get defensive. I'm just trying to help out. When I started MBTI I thought ESFJ was absolutely no option for me, but I learned more about myself and the theory...by challenging myself with improbable types.

If you're so sure of your type and get upset when people present you with alternative types, then don't make questionnaires. Simple. :shrug:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure. Might depend on the individuals. ENTPs have the better Fe, but I don't really associate "feeler-y" with that type. Sometimes I wonder if INTPs, with the blindspot of inferior Fe, might overcompensate and learn to feign being better feelers to navigate through social situations, while maybe ENTPs with their higher Fe might have just enough to get by without having to "overdo" it or try too hard.

Again, just vibes, but I would say you seem more INTP than NTJ or NFJ, but then I don't know you that well.

I think I understand what you're trying to say.

Ti doms can be quite principled and they can be very concerned with fairness, not being a type that will consciously want to play favorites with people. Match that up with Ne's ability to see different angles/possibilities/perspectives and the potential to avoid infringing on others' space or boundaries and I can understand why you might come to that conclusion, sort of how INFJs sometimes get labelled as the thinkers of the NF types (albeit for completely different reasons than INTPs might be associated with seeming "feeler-y"). (thinker can be such a biased word in the context of MBTI anyway, as it might imply thinkers think more than feelers--often going hand-in-hand with assumptions that thinkers can't feel). I always cite Data from Star Trek as a great (if exaggerated) example of how INTPs operate. Data is pretty much blind in the area of feels but he has a great capacity to treat all with fairness and little to no bias, so this sort of endears him to his friends as he isn't really "feeling" in a F sense, but he is still doing the best he can with T and N to navigate and operate in a world where feeling is valued. Obviously that can backfire in "sensitive" situations where the INTP perhaps might not have known something they would do or say, while not intentionally malicious, might offend or damage others' feelings or sensibilities. In other words, some situations require a more nuanced feeler's approach/diplomacy which may not be apparent to the INTP unless they've already blundered and learned from a similar past social faux pas. Can you identify with that?

Yes, I could see you being an LII of the Ne subtype in socionics. I think I may have suggested that type to you some time back when you were asking for type help. Again, I don't know you super well, so I'm forced to "vibe" type and I'm not sure how reliable vibe typing has ever been.

Man, there's no need to get defensive. I'm just trying to help out. When I started MBTI I thought ESFJ was absolutely no option for me, but I learned more about myself and the theory...by challenging myself with improbable types.

If you're so sure of your type and get upset when people present you with alternative types, then don't make questionnaires. Simple. :shrug:

This addressed absolutely none of what I said. As I already explained, you've done nothing to present reason for suggesting a type beyond "playing devil's advocate," which in this case means picking one at random and rolling with it. If you can present any case for a type, function, etc. then I'm willing to play along. Otherwise, how are we making any sort of progress?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I think Data is a neat representation, and he was always my favorite. :p

Pretty sure we can rule out Ne dom...partially kidding. I'm not too familiar with the T side of things, you'd wanna ask [MENTION=25403]ZNP-TBA[/MENTION] for that, but how do I know I am not judging dom and rather perceiving dom? Because I question after the fact. The thrill of new opportunities and ideas is much more valued than only pursuing what feels right for me. Then again, I identify with 7 so it could also just be that...

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty sure we can rule out Ne dom...partially kidding. I'm not too familiar with the T side of things, you'd wanna ask [MENTION=25403]ZNP-TBA[/MENTION] for that, but how do I know I am not judging dom and rather perceiving dom? Because I question after the fact. The thrill of new opportunities and ideas is much more valued than only pursuing what feels right for me. Then again, I identify with 7 so it could also just be that...

Yeah this is a good way of contrasting with what I understand as Ti filtering Ne.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What a ridiculously Ne statement.

Within the context of the sentence right before this one, you want different possibilities that are neither different or possibilities? If anything makes no sense...

You asked for suggestions, she gave them to you. If anyone knows how threatening this all feels it's me, but that's not her issue it's yours. Resorting to insults on her perspective was unnecessary.

If you need to be INTP 5, then be INTP 5. Just don't erect these charades if you're not prepared for or in reality desiring anything but the truth. From someone who has had similar problems, they're pointless for all involved otherwise.

Best of luck to you in finding whatever it is you need.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah this is a good way of contrasting with what I understand as Ti filtering Ne.

The way you questioned [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] in the validity of trying on obviously wrong types would indeed suggest Ti/Ne rather than Ne/Ti in my view. You seem to be certainly open to new prospects, but within a narrower scope (as filtered by a judging function such as Fi, or Ti in your case) I on the other hand, jump into things and entertain all ideas, and only then pick and choose from that broad spectrum, according to what feels right for me. Fi aux allows me to make sense of what I had just experienced, rather than reveling in the fact that all my experience was already filtered beforehand, and being comfortable in that knowledge while playing with those filtered ideas. In your case, Ne certainly seems to be taking the passenger seat to Ti.

Again comparing to my experience, I was given many types as suggested by other people, and even if those types seemed completely off the mark, I was still interested in trying them on for a bit. I didn't know if I would get anything out of it but at the same time, I could've, and that prospect alone gave me enough interest to testing out say, ESFJ or ENTP for myself. Neither stuck, but I still learned from the experience.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What a ridiculously Ne statement.

Within the context of the sentence right before this one, you want different possibilities that are neither different or possibilities? If anything makes no sense...

You asked for suggestions, she gave them to you. If anyone knows how threatening this all feels it's me, but that's not her issue it's yours. Resorting to insults on her perspective was unnecessary.

If you need to be INTP 5, then be INTP 5. Just don't erect these charades if you're not prepared for or in reality desiring anything but the truth. From someone who has had similar problems, they're pointless for all involved otherwise.

Best of luck to you in finding whatever it is you need.

I'll repeat the same crap again. I didn't ask to suggest a random type. I asked for some reasoning for other ways of looking at it. If [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] wants to suggest ISFP, she should suggest why it's possible. Not simply ask me to explain why I do or don't accept her suggestion. It's called being reasonable.

The way you questioned [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] in the validity of trying on obviously wrong types would indeed suggest Ti/Ne rather than Ne/Ti in my view. You seem to be certainly open to new prospects, but within a narrower scope (as filtered by a judging function such as Fi, or Ti in your case) I on the other hand, jump into things and entertain all ideas, and only then pick and choose from that broad spectrum, according to what feels right for me. Fi aux allows me to make sense of what I had just experienced, rather than reveling in the fact that all my experience was already filtered beforehand, and being comfortable in that knowledge while playing with those filtered ideas. In your case, Ne certainly seems to be taking the passenger seat to Ti.

Again comparing to my experience, I was given many types as suggested by other people, and even if those types seemed completely off the mark, I was still interested in trying them on for a bit. I didn't know if I would get anything out of it but at the same time, I could've, and that prospect alone gave me enough interest to testing out say, ESFJ or ENTP for myself. Neither stuck, but I still learned from the experience.

That's also how I view it. And I have nothing against looking at a different possiblity so long as there's some case for it. I don't see why I should consider something based on a mere suggestion without any evidence. If one referenced even so much as a single answer I had to one of the questionnaires, that would be enough for me to look into it more as long as it made sense to me that it presents a new actual possibility. But as it stands, I don't think anything within the S types, perhaps barring ISTx, are even worth looking at until someone can give me some legtimiate reason for it.

I'm not an experiment to help someone feel more certain of their change to being typed as ESFJ. I value accuracy before exploration, ha.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP seems right. I am basing it on his manner of expression.
The OP seems very attached to an identity of carefully scrutinizing things to determine if they make sense.
This is more indicative of Ti ego than Te, which is more about figuring out how to implement some Pi vision.
His language is more abstract than concrete, suggesting a preference for intuition.
I don't see a Feeling type because there isn't much talk of what is important to him. Feeling types almost inevitably use words for "value".
INTPs can have a temperamental, sentimental and romantic side that leaks out (often unconciously) because of inferior Fe, much as F-dom can be pedantic, critical and prone to over-analyzing.

IxTJs generally come across as more controlled and rational for it (and, er, dry at times).