• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introvert. Not sure about the rest.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Btw, I don't know if you're trying to insult me with that "ISTJ information cockblocker" stuff, but I actually wanted to be ISTJ. Here's a post from PC you probably already read:

"It's funny cause when I started this journey I thought I was a INFJ, while ISTJ was the type I admired the most. Seems like I'm a very unhealthy ISTJ lol. Maybe I use my tertiary and inferior functions too much."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok thanks. So you're more like an INTP-ISTP subtype than an INTP-INFP subtype.

Right. When I was in my 20s I thought about concepts, not reality. That's the basic difference between Sensing and Intuiting in Jungian terms. I determined, conceptually, that thinking about concepts ALL the time was a non-survival mode of being (unless I'm a philosophy professor or something like that).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJs are like steamrollers. When on the job they rumble along relatively silently until something gets in their way.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've been reading a lot of threads about 8w9, 9w8 and other enneagram types. It's easier than MBTI cause I'm already sure about my type (8w9).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reading a lot of threads about 8w9, 9w8 and other enneagram types. It's easier than MBTI cause I'm already sure about my type (8w9).

Oh good. I like to be right. The Enneagram is more of a specialty for me and I've had several articles published about it.

The MBTI is just something I do because most people are doing it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even though the statistics on 8w9 correlating with ISTP list it as "uncommon," that doesn't mean it's wrong. I've know a lot of people with uncommon type combinations. And "uncommon" is still more common than the "rare" and "very rare" categories.

Enneagram
9w1
8w9 shouldnt even be considered doubtable for istp like theres no conflict, 4w3 would be understanably so.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w9 shouldnt even be considered doubtable for istp like theres no conflict, 4w3 would be understanably so.

I'm not doubting my own call. I'm looking at statistics. Adding another ISTP to the 8w9 column might bump it up out of the "uncommon" category anyway.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was searching fictional 8w9 ISTPs for fun and to see if I could relate to them and the only one I found that I know is Sandor Clegane, the Game of Thrones character I got my username from lol. Maybe I like him cause I relate to his bevaviour haha.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was searching fictional 8w9 ISTPs for fun and to see if I could relate to them and the only one I found that I know is Sandor Clegane, the Game of Thrones character I got my username from lol. Maybe I like him cause I relate to his bevaviour haha.

That's funny. :D

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I tried the 16personalities test again and got INFP as a result. The inconsistency of my test results is starting to make me angry. I tried an enneagram test and got 5w6. 8 wasn't even in the top 5 numbers. I feel like I don't know myself and don't understand how I act in different situations.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
How about

Instead of relying on the letters the site spits out for you, you answer the questions and then write about why you answered that way and post here for us to analyze?

I am pretty much INTP but I almost always score ISTP on the online tests because I loop Ti-Si a good bit, thus inadvertently neglecting Ne. I'm pretty much a sensor, but my flavor of sensor is more Si than Se which is why I'm Ti-Ne instead of Ti-Se. Or at least that's the current prevailing theory. It's still frustrating of course.

As for your enneagram results, e5 is considered to be a very introverted type while e8 is considered extraverted. Furthermore, at least one of the tests out there tends to over score people as e5 first. That's probably why there's a discrepancy between your test results and what the rest of us have been saying here, but I don't doubt that e5 is somewhere in your tritype. Which test did you take? Does it show percentage bars for all the types in the results or just spit out the one number?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried the 16personalities test again and got INFP as a result. The inconsistency of my test results is starting to make me angry. I tried an enneagram test and got 5w6. 8 wasn't even in the top 5 numbers. I feel like I don't know myself and don't understand how I act in different situations.

Angry - just like a type 8.

Stop taking these silly tests then.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about

Instead of relying on the letters the site spits out for you, you answer the questions and then write about why you answered that way and post here for us to analyze?

I am pretty much INTP but I almost always score ISTP on the online tests because I loop Ti-Si a good bit, thus inadvertently neglecting Ne. I'm pretty much a sensor, but my flavor of sensor is more Si than Se which is why I'm Ti-Ne instead of Ti-Se. Or at least that's the current prevailing theory. It's still frustrating of course.

As for your enneagram results, e5 is considered to be a very introverted type while e8 is considered extraverted. Furthermore, at least one of the tests out there tends to over score people as e5 first. That's probably why there's a discrepancy between your test results and what the rest of us have been saying here, but I don't doubt that e5 is somewhere in your tritype. Which test did you take? Does it show percentage bars for all the types in the results or just spit out the one number?

MBTI-Enneagram correlations show that the INTJ, ISTJ, and ISTP types sometimes land in 8w9 territory. It's the 8w7 that is the extroverted 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Now that you have determined 8w9 to be your primary type, you should consider the other two triads in order to determine your tritype. So far it seems clear that the 5 is your head type in the tritype. So you have 85 and ? (which is the feeling triad).

Tritype(R) — Katherine Fauvre Enneagram Consulting

According to that site, which belongs to one of the founders of tritype theory, your three choices are.

825, 852-The Strategist
835, 853-The Solution Master
845, 854-The Scholar

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=27560]Snickie[/MENTION]
Later I will try to write all my choices in the 16personalities test and explain them. I took the eclecticenergies test. These are my results:

Type 5 - 11.7
Type 6 - 10
Type 1 - 7.4
Type 9 - 7.3
Type 4 - 5

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

I think 4 is the most likely of the three heart types but I could be wrong. I didn't know about tritypes, I'm gonna study them now.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh man, this is gonna get serious lol.

The answers are AGREE (strongly agree), Agree (medium agree), agree (agree a little bit), neutral, DISAGREE (strongly disagree), Disagree (medium disagree) and disagree (disagree a little bit).
Let's go!

You find it difficult to introduce yourself to other people.
AGREE: I prefer not to meet new people cause most of the people are lame.

You often get so lost in thoughts that you ignore or forget your surroundings.
DISAGREE: I have to control my surroundings. I'm always vigilant.

You try to respond to your e-mails as soon as possible and cannot stand a messy inbox.
DISAGREE: I don't care if the inbox is messy. I also don't control my mail really often and tend to turn my phone off so that I have an excuse to not answer at people texting or calling me.

You find it easy to stay relaxed and focused even when there is some pressure.
neutral: I'm NOT relaxed when I'm under pressure but I'm really focused. I'm able to concentrate really well since I was a child. I'm gonna put neutral but I don't know if it's correct.

You do not usually initiate conversations.
AGREE: there's nothing else to say.

You rarely do something just out of sheer curiosity.
disagree: I'm a very curious person and when I'm curious about something I'm gonna try to understand it or try it. But only when it's safe. So I put the little disagree because I'm really careful and don't always do things just out of sheer curiosity.

You feel superior to other people.
agree: I'm not self-confident, but I think that most of the people I know are superficial and are not able to think. They're also uneducated fools. I put the "little" agree only because my social skills do clearly suck.

Being organized is more important to you than being adaptable.
disagree: Being capable of adapting to all the possible consequences of events is really important. Organizing too, but not as much.

You are usually highly motivated and energetic.
DISAGREE: I'm super lazy and often kind of depressed.

Winning a debate matters less to you than making sure no one gets upset.
agree: I can't stand losing debates BUT I hate to hurt other people's feelings. The only case in which I don't care about the other's feelings is if he's an "enemy" and doesn't respect me.

You often feel as if you have to justify yourself to other people.
AGREE: I always do what I want to do but when I know that my actions may hurt someone I care about, I always try to justify.

Your home and work environments are quite tidy.
DISAGREE: My room is a mess. The floor is full of clothes and empty water botles and the desk looks like a monster.

You do not mind being at the center of attention.
DISAGREE: I don't want to be considered cool, funny etc. I don't need fame. I want to stay alone.

You consider yourself more practical than creative.
AGREE: despite me thinking so much and spending most of the time inside my head, I'm actually not really creative. For example I'm a decent musican but I mostly play covers and rarely come up with original stuff. I was decent at drawing mangas but I mostly copied the characters I liked. I'm good at "creative activities" but it is due to my practical approach.

People can rarely upset you.
DISAGREE: They upset me all the time.

Your travel plans are usually well thought out.
agree: When I travel somewhere I do some research before to learn a little bit the road. But if I go to a foreign city during holliday I'm not gonna plan the things I'll do there. I just go there and decide when I get there.

It is often difficult for you to relate to other people’s feelings.
AGREE: Other people don't understand my feelings and I don't understand their's.

Your mood can change very quickly.
AGREE: I easily become angry and upset. Sometimes I'm happy or sad without a reason.

In a discussion, truth should be more important than people’s sensitivities.
neutral: It depends. I don't like to upset other people and sometimes it's better to sugar-coath the truth. And when the truth could be used against me it's better to not talk about it.

You rarely worry about how your actions affect other people.
DISAGREE: I always worry about it. Especially when thinking about my family and close friends. Everyone should do it.

Your work style is closer to random energy spikes than to a methodical and organized approach.
neutral: It's mix of both. I make plans but I'm flexible about them. I procastinate all the time and when I'm feeling like working I will work too much.

You are often envious of others.
agree: Sometimes I'm envious. I feel like others are happier than me and their lifes are easier than mine.

An interesting book or a video game is often better than a social event.
AGREE: Of course it depends on the event. Between a football match and a videogame I choose the first. But most of the social events are boring and intended for lame extrovert people, so I would even prefer cleaning dog shits in my garden.

Being able to develop a plan and stick to it is the most important part of every project.
agree: It's true, but you also have to look at other opportunities if they are better, easier and more efficient. If you realise that your plan sucks you should change it.

You rarely get carried away by fantasies and ideas.
DISAGREE: Being such a thoughtful person it's obvious that I fantasize a lot and have a lot of ideas that I most likely won't bring to reality.

You often find yourself lost in thought when you are walking in nature.
AGREE: Especially thinking about the fact that this world would be better and more beautiful withous us, the humans.

If someone does not respond to your e-mail quickly, you start worrying if you said something wrong.
AGREE: Nothing else to say.

As a parent, you would rather see your child grow up kind than smart.
neutral: A little bit of both would be better. Smart people tend to be depressed. Kind people tend to bend to others.

You do not let other people influence your actions.
Agree: Only if my actions involve them. Otherwise I'm too stubborn to be influenced.

Your dreams tend to focus on the real world and its events.
agree: They are based on the real world but they are pretty strange lol.

It does not take you much time to start getting involved in social activities at your new workplace.
DISAGREE: I try to avoid them as long as I can.

You are more of a natural improviser than a careful planner.
disagree: I was a natural improviser in the past but nowadays I plan a lot.

Your emotions control you more than you control them.
AGREE: I can't control them.

You enjoy going to social events that involve dress-up or role-play activities.
DISAGREE: I hate dress-up parties.

You often spend time exploring unrealistic and impractical yet intriguing ideas.
AGREE: For a lot of time I dreamed of moving to America. I think at esperanto and other idealistic stuff that will never spread worldwide. In the past I thought communism could bring justice to the world.

You would rather improvise than spend time coming up with a detailed plan.
AGREE: Yes, I would rather improvise, and I did it a lot. But nowadays I plan a lot.

You are a relatively reserved and quiet person.
AGREE: I'm the most quiet and reserved person I know lol.

If you had a business, you would find it very difficult to fire loyal but underperforming employees.
AGREE: Yes, but only if they work hard and are good people.

You often contemplate the reasons for human existence.
AGREE: It's just something I do and that's natural for me.

Logic is usually more important than heart when it comes to making important decisions.
agree: Both are super important. Logic is slightly more important.

Keeping your options open is more important than having a to-do list.
disagree: At a certain point you have to decide. But keeping your options open is important too. An escape route must always be available.

If your friend is sad about something, you are more likely to offer emotional support than suggest ways to deal with the problem.
DISAGREE: I'm colder than a reptile. I will only try to offer solutions. I suck at giving emotional support.

You rarely feel insecure.
DISAGREE: I nearly always feel insecure.

You have no difficulties coming up with a personal timetable and sticking to it.
DISAGREE: Lol, no, I'm too lazy. I delay all the time. But in the end I'll do what I have to do.

Being right is more important than being cooperative when it comes to teamwork.
neutral: It's a perfect mix of both.

You think that everyone’s views should be respected regardless of whether they are supported by facts or not.
disagree: Some people shouldn't have the right to speak. They're such idiots... despite of that I tend to respect everyone's views.

You feel more energetic after spending time with a group of people.
DISAGREE: I'm a lone wolf.

You frequently misplace your things.
AGREE: It happens all the time and it pisses me off.

You see yourself as very emotionally stable.
DISAGREE: It's the opposite.

Your mind is always buzzing with unexplored ideas and plans.
AGREE: Yes, but this looks like one of the questions I already answered. Nevermind.

You would not call yourself a dreamer.
DISAGREE: I'm a dreamer, but I dream about simple things, like being finally happy...

You usually find it difficult to relax when talking in front of many people.
AGREE: How could I relax in such a situation? lol.

Generally speaking, you rely more on your experience than your imagination.
agree: If something worked in the past, I'll play it safe.

You worry too much about what other people think.
AGREE: Yes, but I can't change it. It's in my nature.

If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center.
AGREE: Always. The walls are my best friends lol.

You have a tendency to procrastinate until there is not enough time to do everything.
AGREE: Yes.

You feel very anxious in stressful situations.
AGREE: It's obvious. When should I feel anxious? During happy moments? lol.

You believe that it is more rewarding to be liked by others than to be powerful.
DISAGREE: I don't want to be liked. I prefer being respected. In some cases I will prefer being feared.

You have always been interested in unconventional and ambiguous things, e.g. in books, art, or movies.
AGREE: Yes. Mystycal and esoteric stuff for example. I even enjoyed reading the Bible despite the fact that I'm an atheist.

You often take initiative in social situations.
DISAGREE: No.

This is the first time I put so much effort in a personality test.
The results are: INTP - T

0% extroverted - introverted 100%
66% intuitive - sensing 34%
59% thinking - feeling 41%
29% judging - prospecting 71%
11% observant - turbulent 89%

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=27560]Snickie[/MENTION]
Later I will try to write all my choices in the 16personalities test and explain them. I took the eclecticenergies test. These are my results:

Type 5 - 11.7
Type 6 - 10
Type 1 - 7.4
Type 9 - 7.3
Type 4 - 5

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

I think 4 is the most likely of the three heart types but I could be wrong. I didn't know about tritypes, I'm gonna study them now.

Then it's 854 The Scholar. There's information online about it, and maybe in a Google books search.

There was a forum member named Badger something or other who said he was the 854, I think. He got banned for some reason.