• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introvert. Not sure about the rest.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hello! I keep getting different results with normal tests, so I would love it to be helped by people with more knowledge than me.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm a foreigner.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Except introversion, everything. I'm a dreamer but I'm also really realistic about my possibilities. I'm really logical and cold (during my childhood I got a lot of nicknames like "robot", "golem", "russian killer" lol) but always try to not hurt the sentiments of other people. I'm really cynic and think that most of the people are bad, but I'm always polite to everyone. Despite of the fact that I despise most of humankind I dream of a better world and try to come up with ideas and plans in order to make my dreams come true, even if most of the time I'm conscious about the fact that they probably will never become true.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Economic independence and freedom. I'm still a student but I would love to be able in the future to live and work in a foreign country. It would be awesome to get to the top and try to make some of the crazy ideas I have in mind come true. Maybe I'll get a job that gives me the opportunity to be isolated from other people... would be awesome.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I accomplish a goal like when I pass an exam. It makes me feel good because it means that I made a step in my bigger program. If I fail an exam the program paralyzes nd I feel useless.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

My quietness. The fact that I don't really feel the need of being close with other people makes me feel awkward. Sometimes I keep the cellphone off for days and become unreachable to recharge. Also the fact that I think a lot. Even when I could do something I like, before doing it, I think about all the possible consequences.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When i make a decision I think about all the above-mentioned things. When making an important decision I will probably make a list of the pros and cons. When invited to an event, if there are too many people I dislike I won't go. If I don't feel like doing something I probably won't do it, even if the pro-cons list tells me to do it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When working in a group for a project I make sure all of the people working on it have a precise task, because I don't want people to blame me later. Then I concentrate on my task and make sure I do everything perfectly.
When working alone on a project I must control every single step.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

When I was like 10 or 11 years old I went to a sort of camp (I don't know the precise english term) with my football team. We played a lot, went to an attraction park and did a lot of crazy stuff.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I really prefer to work hands on, but if I have to, I will also use theory as a tool. Before doing something I know nothing about I watch a lot of tutorials or read a lot of guides. If I have to do something important or risky I'm gonna plan every single step, but otherwise I don't. When I have to solve mathematical problems I try to learn only the fundamental formulas and don't care about theory that has no practical use for me. I have a very good memory and memorize a lot.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm weird cause I'm both organized and messy at the same time. Things must be organized in my head. My desk may look messy but things are mostly placed in practical spots. I make specific plans in my head, but I'm somehow elastic. If I organized 10 days of study but one day I feel really tired, then I'll try to relax one day and organize things a little differently. But I'm a hard worker so it doesn't happen a lot.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

If something has worked in the past, than I don't really care for new ideas. But if the idea brings more justice and makes more people happy I will support it a lot. Both principles and information are fundamental. I don't choose between the two.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony by following what I believe in and by being myself. I'm a lone wolf and hate all kinds of groups.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think a lot before speaking. I'm really silent and I get irritated when people point out my silence. I prefer one on one communication. Group discussions are fine only with people i trust. But even with them I try to hide my real emotions. And I'm a master at it.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I must know everything before I do something. I jump in unknown situations only if I have no other option and if I am desperate. Action speaks more than words, yes, but sometimes words can change a situation drastically.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Not answer the phone. Just kidding (or not? :p)... I would probably decline and promise them that I will go out the next time. But seriously, I would probably turn off the phone to avoid the problem.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

It depends. Sometimes I become a zombie. Other times I become nervous and grumpy. If the cause of my stress is a person who mistreated me, I become agressive. If the other person stressed me just for the sake of making me angry, I become violent.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When they don't respect personal spaces... mostly extraverts. Also when they have no tact. They are rude. It's important to treat others softly. Being nice is different than trying to sugar-coat. If everyone respected the personal spaces of people and if everyone was polite and nice to others, the world would be closer to perfection.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Things I like and things I know a lot about. Mainly football (soccer), music (especially when someone asks me advices about an instrument I play), politics, filosophy, foreign cultures and tv series. I hate chit chat, talking about other people, gossip, love stories and things I consider stupid.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Social relations. The only thing that I can think about now.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends consider me cold, silent, a little bit crazy, lazy but capable of achieving goals, intelligent, gentle, strong, awkward, unpredictable and trustworthy. They fail to notice my inner fragility and don't understand how much effort I put in the things I do.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I can do whatever I like, I will probably organize a football match with some friends or go out and visit a nice medieval borough, or go to the woods. Normally, if I have a free day I just watch tv series, read, or something like that. I like being alone in a nice place doing things I like.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Definitely ISTP

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thanks for the answers! ISTP seems pretty accurate reading the description. But I still have some doubts.
I feel like my types are like this:

Ti: really strong
I criticize a lot of things and think that they should be different. For example politics, but even grammar lol.

Te: really weak
I prefer not being blunt and I hate commanding people. But I also hate being commanded, so I probably just hate people lol.

Si: really strong
I don't like useless changes and I am nostalgic, but I question everything and if a change can improve the situation, I'll like it.

Se: normal (unsure)
I'm a quiet person and I'm not constantly looking for adventures but I love adrenaline rush. I also do mostly what I want to do, even if it's not planned. For example if I'm stressed I may stop eating for a while or other times i may eat too much. If I planned to go to sleep at midnight I may be able to be awake the whole night watching a tv serie I really like. If I start reading a great book I probably will read it for hours without stopping. I'm pretty lazy but sometimes I do weird stuff just for the sake of doing it. I may not exercise for a month and then decide a morning to run 15km without a reason.

Fi: super strong
I'm super shy and have a huge sense of justice. But I don't divide things in good or bad. I'm a victim of my own emotions and I can be very melanchonic.

Fe: super strong
Super polite and educated since I was a child. Despite of that, I'm not empathetic and despise people by default.

Ni: weak (unsure)
I fail to understand the true meaning of this type. I don't know if it has something to do with it, but I try to predict every single future consequence of my actions, and everything that could happen.

Ne: normal (unsure)
Same as above.

I also read that the 4th function (Fe for ISTP) doesn't develop until midlife, but I clearly remember that mine main trait as a child was being really calm, polite and educated.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
No. No no no no. Do not do the same thing I do with the type confusion tirades. DO NOT.

Sometimes it's not about the individual functions by themselves as it is how they interact with each other. Like you, I have strong Ti and strong Si, but it's clear to me that the perceiving functions in your stack that serve Ti are Se/Ni because of how they interact. Your tendency/preference to do things hands-on and only deal with theory when it's absolutely necessary, for example, points strongly to Se/Ni.

Furthermore there are really two axes to function use: development and health. Generally development is how smoothly it runs, whether it has one or more dimensions, how adaptable it is, how strongly you trust that process in your decision making, etc etc. Its health is determined by how it is used - whether it is used for beneficial or malicious means, usage with surrounding functions, etc.
My ESFJ grandmother, for example, has very highly developed Fe, as it should be since she's, you know, old and has had plenty of time for that to develop. But, imo, she doesn't use it healthily. She defines herself by what she perceives to be others' thoughts about her (Fe) as compared to the ideals she has held for years and how she was in her prime (Si). She has been known to be manipulative and judgmental and does not respect her husband for the things he's done, choosing instead to focus on how he has failed to satisfy her over the years. Developed, yet unhealthy.

The above is also why I'm not typing you as ISFP. You reference your emotions having an effect on your actions, but that's everyone, and even if the things you said in your last post were completely true to the actual manifestations of the functions (ex: nitpicking someone's grammar is generally considered more Si than Ti), I'd still argue that your "very strong" Fi isn't as high in your stack as you think it is.

Not all young Ti-doms (IxTPs) are socially clueless or psychopaths (more of an INTJ stereotype) or whiny selfish millennials or trolls. While development might not occur until midlife in a "normal" individual, usage still happens, and exercising that process in a healthy way can bring about early development. You might be surprised at how many IxTPs have a strong altruistic disposition like yours.

Still going with ISTP.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
That's a really complete answer. Now I understand types better, thanks!
I'm gonna compare myself with the ISTP description I found on a site just to be 100% sure about the typing and eliminate the ISTJ possibility since I have also been typed as a ISTJ in the past. I know that you answered already about some of the behaviours, but I'm gonna post the whole description I found on the site just to make it more complete.

They say ISTPs
-should be very good listeners - I am
-Are self-confident - I believe in my strenghts but I also have a lot of weaknesses. I don't think I'm self-confident
-Are optimistic and likeable - I foresee both positive and negative consequences a lot. I'm probably likeable because of the being polite thing
-Handle concerns in a practical and realistic way - I'm very practical and realistic considering the way I handle concerns, but it's a different story in my mind. Simetimes I dream about irrealistic consequences, both positive and negative.
-Are not threatened by criticism or conflict - I hate being criticized because I often take it at a personal level and because I'm really stubborn. But in the end I will probably consider the critic to improve myself. I also hate conflicts, when not needed, because they stress me. I will try to avoid them when I can. I start conflicts only when I feel threatened
-Easily recover after leaving a relationship - I don't give much weight to social relations, so yes. I'm also good at eliminating a relation if I feel it's useless or damaging to me. When I feel it's damaging I may become rude
-Are able to but dislike administrating punishment - Yes, but only when it's rightful
-Recognize and respect the privacy of others - Yes

-Focus on the present and fail at long-time commitments - No. I make fairly decent plans for the future. And also think a lot about the past. But when I think about the future it's pretty abstract. I really concentrate on the steps i have to make in the close term in order to achieve future goals. As I said, the future is more a sort of abstract dream for me.
-Find difficulty expressing emotions and feelings - Yes
-Fail to recognize what others are feeling, resulting in insensitivity - I fail at recognizing the feelings of others but I think I'm nearly never insensitive because of the politeness
-Are overly private and restrics theirselves - Yes
-Cherish their personal space - Yes
-Thrive on excitement and action and may do whatever is needed to create it - No. I'm really calm and overthink about the possible consequences. I don't think I thrive on action

And I don't know if it is a useful information, but my criticism for grammar is more about the system. I'm not the type of person who points out the grammar errors of other people. I mean that when I'm studying a new language, for example english, I'm gonna think that it should be different and more efficient, so that it would be more practical for foreigners since it has become the lingua franca of the world. But I even criticize my own language, pointing out some of the rules that don't make sense. It's more an interior thing. I criticize things in my head and start to think how they should be.

DigitalSoul

ISTJ (more likely) or ISTP (less likely). I can't give you ONE type as an answer, but, at least, it's been narrowed down to two options (welcome to typology hell).

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Thanks! Yes, now it's pretty sure I'm an ISTX. I don't know what to do now. Are there some specific questions I could answer to make it more clear? Is it possible that I was an ISTP but circumstances made me an ISTJ because I learned that in some situations planning is more efficient?

DigitalSoul

Thanks! Yes, now it's pretty sure I'm an ISTX. I don't know what to do now. Are there some specific questions I could answer to make it more clear? Is it possible that I was an ISTP but circumstances made me an ISTJ because I learned that in some situations planning is more efficient?

I think the majority of those knowledgeable in typology agree that type cannot change. Prolonged exposure to adverse or simply different circumstances can change you significantly, but it cannot fundamentally rewire your brain. You can't change from using Si-Te-Fi-Ne (ISTJ) to using Ti-Se-Ni-Fe (ISTP); notice that the two types have NO cognitive functions in common.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm usually more interested in what's going on in your mind when you're under stress or whatever. Behaviors are more oriented toward typing by stereotypes.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
These questions looked like the funniest to answer lol.

1. What is your favorite food? What's so great about it?

Arrosticini (an italian meat skewer made of sheep). I love meat but I never eat sheep meat. It's a special meal because you don't eat it very often. You grill them on a special barbecue only made for arrosticini (it's shorter than the wooden sticks). It's funny cooking them and eating them outside. When people eat arrosticini they often challenge others to see who can eat more of them. It's a funny food lol and it tastes great.

2. Define justice!

Punishing people who damage other people WITHOUT A REASON. Society fails to do this so you have to do it on your own really often. All of the other stuff isn't really relevant. Everyone must leave others on their own and not annoy them. When people can't do it they have to be punished. Some kinds of people don't deserve to breathe and in some cases death penalty should be considered (it's illegal where I live).

3. Do you orientate by general directions or by landmarks?

It really depends. General directions are street signs, right? If the landmarks are evident and the signs are weird I'm gonna follow the landmarks. If I don't know anything about the place I must go to, I will follow the signs.

4. What did you like about your favorite story book from childhood?

I read only a few books during childhood. I preferred to play outside and when I was at home did other stuff. I really liked a book but I can't explain the reason. Probably because the pictures were great lol. I also really liked another book because it was about werewolves and it was really "dark". I liked the whole scenario, with the dark nights and spooky woods.

5. What would you like to learn if time and money were no issue? Why?

Time and money are an important condition... if I had no limits I would love to learn other languages. I am fluent at two languages and I am able to communicate a little bit in english, but I want more. I would also improve my english since it's the most important language. In the past I already tried to learn japanese, german and esperanto, but time is really an issue and I never learned any of these languages.
I would like to learn languages because they are one of the most important things we have. I also prefer talking to strangers because I have no national pride since I never got along with people lf my own kind. Imagine being able to speak japanese with japanese people from Japan! Or even migrating to another country and leave behind your past! Esperanto would be an ideological thing. Foreign students learn english since childhood but they will never become great at it. English writing also doesn't make sense and I dislike the pronounciation. The pronounciation is difficult too (just think about the TH sound). I mean, it takes 10 years for an italian to speak english decently and only 1 month to do the same with esperanto.

6. Can you roll your tongue?

I'm pretty sure everyone can LOL.

7. Describe the inside of your fridge!

At the moment it's filled with things my mother bought that I would never buy. When I am alone and I am the one buying food the fridge is pretty empty. I buy long lasting food so I don't have to go to the shop really often. I buy stuff like tuna, beef jerky, cereals and stuff like that. Oh, and water of course.

8. Convince the forum that pajama day should be a bank holiday.

Why should I? I never used pajamas lol. Uhmmm, maybe it's some sort of british tradition? Well, I don't know. It might me good for me too. In the end I enjoy christmas holiday even if I'm an atheist and never go to the church. Well, at this point I'm a supporter of pajama day too. Oh, do I have to promote it too? Ok people, pajamas are soft and amazing... uhmm... ok, now leave me alone.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP Personality (“The Virtuoso”)

| 16Personalities

"ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before."

Etc.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
I didn't notice the last replies. I tried figuring out my enneagram type but it was difficult too, lol. Should I accurately describe how I act under stress in general or is it better if I talk about specific situations?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
+1 ISTP

And probably 9w8. Might account for how well you vibe with Fe.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
+1 ISTP

And probably 9w8. Might account for how well you vibe with Fe.

Wow... I could relate to ISTP descriptions, but I had a lot of doubts. But ISTP 9w8 descriptions... looks like a description of me. I will for sure try to understand more about enneagrams.

It's funny that on that other site they ALL typed me as ISTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow... I could relate to ISTP descriptions, but I had a lot of doubts. But ISTP 9w8 descriptions... looks like a description of me. I will for sure try to understand more about enneagrams.

It's funny that on that other site they ALL typed me as ISTJ.

We're better typologists on this site. Also, ISTP 9w8 sounds very good for you, and not as someone who joins the herd's decisions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was seeing you as ISTP as I read your OP. I'm still trying to verify 9w8.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't notice the last replies. I tried figuring out my enneagram type but it was difficult too, lol. Should I accurately describe how I act under stress in general or is it better if I talk about specific situations?

Both would be great.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ok, I'm gonna talk about the last stressful situation i got into. I'm gonna sound really stupid uhhh... I tried to avoid talking about stuff like this in the previous posts lol.

It was 1 month ago.
The day before an exam I was super nervous. I studied a lot during the previous weeks but the last days I rarely studied. I started watching a tv serie and watched a lot of episodes of it. I knew the exam could go well or could go badly, but I felt the need to not think about it, otherwise my mind would have exploded.
At 11 PM internet stopped working and so the streaming turned off. I really got nervous, punched the wall (lol) and went to my car. I started riding on beautiful roads at a high speed with some nice music. The stress was fading away. At a certain point a cop pops out of nowhere and I must stop the car. He was going to give me a ticket and drop a lot of points from my driving licence. Despite of that I acted really politely. I was really sad and you could notice it looking at my face lol. I had to wait 10 or 15 minutes on the side of the road while he was doing the bureaucratic stuff in his car. In the end he comes out of his car and tells me to be more careful and he didn't even give me a ticket. Well, lesson learned I guess.

When I'm stressed I try to eliminate the cause of it. But if it is caused by a future event that I can't influence I will try to think about other things, because I can be really negative and too much thought can make me depressed.

During high school a dude started provoking me. He had no respect. I tried to stay calm but I was boiling inside and often thought about beating him up. One day he tried to humiliate me in front of other people. I couldn't accept to be humiliated in front of other people, especially in front of a girl I liked, so I started punching him. It happened in the classroom so the teacher wanted to kick me from school. In the end nothing bad happened lol.

This is how I handle the stress when it's caused by other people. I pretend I don't see for a while, but if the other person just wants to harm me I'm gonna burst.