• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Type Me? (Still Open)

MizterG

Hi. I'm new to MBTI and I've found if I try to type myself or take quizzes, I gravitate towards the type I WANT to be, not what I am. So I was wondering could you guys type me? I'd appreciate more than one opinion. Thanks, let's begin this questionnaire (I'll try to keep it short for you.)

1. What is beauty? What is love?
As concepts, beauty and love are very similar. They are good triumphing, acceptance, equality, absense of hatred.

2. What are your most important values?
To be true to myself and what I believe in. I wish to be a musician and I would never sell out to get big.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I'm Agnostic, honestly I chose to be it not only because I believe it is beyond human understanding, but also to stay out of Christian-Atheist Arguments

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I want to say power is knowledge but historical idiots defy that. Power is people trusting you and following you. I believe military is neccesary but only as the very last resort.

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Music, the future, the past, humankind. I always converse to friends about how I find it amazing that each person in the world has their own unique life. My intresets include music, books, pyschology and science. Music is my passion, books are entertaining and the other two can be so interesting.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I do take care of myself and exercise, but health would not be my topic of choice.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Boring. Neccesary, but boring. The fact that they're daily makes it worse.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Of Mice and Men, The Six of Crows and A Song of Ice and Fire are my last few books, loved them all. I don't really watch films but I love the TV Series' A Game of Thrones and Peaky Blinders. Watch anime, too.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Music, to both. I'm guessing this question doesn't mean the obvious reasons. It makes me do both because it can be extremely influential on me.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
A mix of both and neither. I feel like I belong while playing with my band but I live in Ireland in the countryside so I love nature too.

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I can be very stubborn about what I want to do. If I decide I want to do something, I'm gonna do it. I'm also terrible at holding grudges, which means I can't help but feel sorry for people I hurt in revenge.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I guess the stubborness is also one of my strenghts. It has gotten me a lot of things. I like how I don't follow the crowd, I feel like I'm an actual individual rather than just a number in a world of 7 billion.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
To connect with people. I've lost several friends the last few months for various reasons and I feel very alone right now.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Right now I'm trying to decide between going for that one in a million chance of becoming a famous musician or getting a steady bit boring job.

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I love people who I feel comfortable and like myself around. I love people who I feel lile I can tell anything in confidence (like my bandmates.) I really dislike clingy people or people persistant for me to share my feelings if they don't know me well. That's my and my friends business.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Loyalty is the biggest one. I want them to be different from me but we still connect. I want them to be someone I never have to act around, just be me.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
My main concern would be to be a bad parent, and end up with a spoiled little brat. I'd say I'll be rather strict on that. I want to always be there for them to fall to, but never be there pushing them to do something. Unless they're lazy...

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Since they're a friend, I don't need to hold back arguing with them. They know me and all my friends will be prepared to argue.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I consider a person smart, but people stupid. I'm not racist or sexist, but I really do see being overly PC as a problem nowadays.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I didn't choose them. I just floated around and they caught my attention, and I caught theirs. I act like myself, I always will.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
The exact opposite of being around my friends. I try to keep up with their every need. If they talk political or religious I just agree with them.

Thanks for reading. Hope you can help.

Last edited:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From this, I'm gathering strong Fi and Ne. My guess would be INFP 4w3 so/sx. Maybe so/sp?

Typing yourself is really difficult. You have to learn your functions first. I can never emphasize it enough: There are 16 types because there are 16 combinations of eight functions. Nothing more, nothing less.

How old are you?
What's your biggest fear?
Define success.
What's the difference between conforming and uniting?

Oh and welcome to the forum!

MizterG

From this, I'm gathering strong Fi and Ne. My guess would be INFP 4w3 so/sx. Maybe so/sp?

Typing yourself is really difficult. You have to learn your functions first. I can never emphasize it enough: There are 16 types because there are 16 combinations of eight functions. Nothing more, nothing less.

How old are you?
What's your biggest fear?
Define success.
What's the difference between conforming and uniting?

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the welcome. I have just turned 18. I'd say my biggest fear would be living an unfulfilling life where I have many regrets or dreams I forgot about/ignored. Success to me would be the opposite of my biggest fear. In my opinion, conforming is to submit to another or another's rules to achieve unity while uniting is simply unity without one having to sacrifice something

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thank you for the welcome. I have just turned 18. I'd say my biggest fear would be living an unfulfilling life where I have many regrets or dreams I forgot about/ignored. Success to me would be the opposite of my biggest fear. In my opinion, conforming is to submit to another or another's rules to achieve unity while uniting is simply unity without one having to sacrifice something

Define intimacy and its importance.
Define structure and its importance.
Define security and its importance.

MizterG

Define intimacy and its importance.
Define structure and its importance.
Define security and its importance.

Intimacy would be the willingness to show someone your true self and them accepting you, and vice versa. I have never been in a serious relationship but I'd imagine it's very important.
Structure is a defined way to accomplish a task or a defined work enviroment with different tiers of people, workers, bosses etc. In some cases structure is essential, like a business. In places of art it's more of a cage.
Security would be something I don't experience very often. When I do, it's a sense of safety and control. However like structure it can be a cage sometimes

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Intimacy would be the willingness to show someone your true self and them accepting you, and vice versa. I have never been in a serious relationship but I'd imagine it's very important.
Structure is a defined way to accomplish a task or a defined work enviroment with different tiers of people, workers, bosses etc. In some cases structure is essential, like a business. In places of art it's more of a cage.
Security would be something I don't experience very often. When I do, it's a sense of safety and control. However like structure it can be a cage sometimes

Yeah, I definitely think INFP 4w3 so/sx.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for your input. That was extremely fast compared to what I've tried before, but can I ask what the so/sx stands for?

Haha, well I'm bored and have access to a laptop, which is why I'm lurking around the forum. I'm really passionate about this junk, so it's no biggie.

So the numbers and the letters are related to enneagram. Enneagram is less segment-y than MBTI. It doesn't have functions and it is far more subjective and internal. Part of enneagram is instinctual variants, which are sorta like three types of cores your enneagram type can be rooted from. The three types being sexual, social, and self-preservation. Sexual meaning intimacy or 1-on-1, social meaning structure and big groups, self-preservation meaning survival and security. (As you can see, I was very unsubtle with those last three questions.)

If you are just now getting a grasp on MBTI, I would suggest not even thinking about Enneagram until you are sure you can navigate the MBTI side of personality systems. I would also recommend looking into Socionics after MBTI, because they have the same basis but with different interpretations.

I'd love to help you out with anything else ya need! And again, welcome to TypeC! :D

MizterG

Haha, well I'm bored and have access to a laptop, which is why I'm lurking around the forum. I'm really passionate about this junk, so it's no biggie.

So the numbers and the letters are related to enneagram. Enneagram is less segment-y than MBTI. It doesn't have functions and it is far more subjective and internal. Part 6of enneagram is instinctual variants, which are sorta like three types of cores your enneagram type can be rooted from. The three types being sexual, social, and self-preservation. Sexual meaning intimacy or 1-on-1, social meaning structure and big groups, self-preservation meaning survival and security. (As you can see, I was very unsubtle with those last three questions.)

If you are just now getting a grasp on MBTI, I would suggest not even thinking about Enneagram until you are sure you can navigate the MBTI side of personality systems. I would also recommend looking into Socionics after MBTI, because they have the same basis but with different interpretations.

I'd love to help you out with anything else ya need! And again, welcome to TypeC! :D

You've been a great help, thanks. I hope you don't mind if I get a few other opinions, I'm not doubting your typing I'd just like a good few opinions.

Meowbot

MBTI Type
??FP
I second INFP. You seem to be Fi-dom and I don't see you using a lot of sensory desciptions, but rather general "big picture" stuff.