• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire mashup- type me!

SwimmerGal97

1) What makes you feel inferior?

Not knowing something and looking stupid for it. For example in class at school, I would feel really stupid for making errors of fact and logic

2) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I can get bogged down on 'is this the right decision for me?' even though I don't really know what that means or what it is to be true to myself although it's a nice idea. It's an ideal I can't quite grasp. When making a decision I weigh pros and cons, where will this decision lead, will it give a good or a bad outcome today, next week, next year etc. I do try to listen to gut instincts but I find even then, I end up weighing the pros and cons just to check.

3) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is usually on breaking down the project into it's core, vital components. It's very easy to go astray and off topic and feel overwhelmed when there's not a clear criteria of what needs to be done, so I'd bullet point we need to do this, this and this and then put the parts together.

4) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'd follow the logic of the ideas first although the question is very vague on 'ideas'. An idea as in a theory? A belief or claim of a politician? In either case, I would first look to the basic logic and then apply the facts available.

5) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Sometimes I speak whilst thinking...but generally I'd say think then speak. And I'm a one-on-one kind of person, even in a group I find myself communicating with one person at a time rather than entertaining the whole group. From experience in leading a project, I can start doing the whole talking at everyone whilst they all nod and we generate some group ideas but I find it more effective to work with individuals or very small groups as I find they are more likely to give true opinions.

6) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favourite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I probably would not go out even if I wasn’t settling down to watch my show, spontaneous nights out aren't really my thing. An example here would be my leavers prom which was last night. We had it at a venue and everyone was there drinking and dancing and it's tradition to go out afterwards into town (the city centre) and go clubbing. My friends and I were deciding whether or not to go and my best friend is the type that said 'lets not waste our night out! Lets just go! but me, being the party pooper I am was more 'where exactly are we going to go? How are we getting there? How much money will it cost?' and put my foot down into properly organising a night out to a nice place rather than drunkenly wondering round the city at 3 am.

7) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I shut down and shut things out. I become quite irrational and tell myself I don't care about things and that they don't matter, that even if things don't go great that life goes on so why even bother...

8) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything so long as it’s not awkward small talk

9) Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Flickr: Page Not Found

I like the image, the contrast at the horizon between the orange and lilac-grey and the darker foreground with the more colourful sky. Theres also an almost symmetry in the colours with the top of the sky taking on a purple hue which makes the whole thing feel connected. The overall soft colours make me think of holidays and I can imagine standing in the photographers place and that sense of calm and quiet and hush at that time of evening when it's neither bright nor dark, the world isn't too busy, there's practically no breeze and the temperature feels neither warm nor cool. That strange room temperature but outside feel. That's how I imagine this image.

9) You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

At first I'd probably be a bit annoyed at the inconvenience, worried that we'd miss the band but then focus more on the situation at hand. I'd ask if anyone knew anything about cars and if they didn't then I'd find our location. We'd probably be using Sat Nav which would tell us where we were but if that didn't work then I will have looked up a route beforehand and seeing as it's the middle of nowhere I think it's safe to assume there's no winding maze of roads so even if we can't give a precise location, we could give the rescue service a good idea of where we were. Or better yet have a paper print out of a map. If we had no signal, I'd send a couple of people (well actually I'd go and take someone with me) to wonder out a bit to try and find some signal.

10) You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh. I’d be against a party, but if we were a group I’d go for a group consensus whilst clearly stating that I wouldn’t want to go. I’d also wonder why the driver wanted to go to this party surrounding by hot, sweaty drunken people and not be one of them themselves because that’s no fun! If the group all wanted to go then I would go, however if there was a split then half could go and I'd take the others to find a cheap place to stay for the night because even if the driver doesn't drink alcohol (they may give in to 'just one drink' or drinks can be spiked even if he or she drinks soft drinks), after the party they'd be tired and it wouldn't be a great idea for them to be driving long distances.

11) On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Ask them to explain their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I outwardly support them in that as long as they can explain why. Inside I'd probably be a little critical though...

12) What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Facts prove or disprove beliefs. As long as what I saw was the real truth, I wouldn't have much of an issue accepting that I thought wrong.

Enneagram types from various online tests:

on eclecticenergies: 8w7, 3w4, 5w6

on 9types: 3w4, 5w6

on similarminds: 5 (wing wasn't distinguishable as both the 4 and the 6 got equal scores), 3w4, 8w7

on enneagramtest: 5w6, 3w4

Last edited: