• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XSTP in need of Guidance please!

Pandabrah

Whats up guys, I'm really torn trying to figure out my MBTI type. I'm pretty knowledgeable on cognitive functions but I still cannot really tell if I'm dominant Ti or Se. Here are some things about myself to aid you knowledgeable lads and lassies in helping me.
1.) I'm a heterosexual 24 y/o male, single and have had one 5 year relationship.
1.) Although I have no issue socializing, I only really have a few close friends.I'm rather private and dont let many people in
2.) Unless I'm trying to pursue a girl, I typically don't initiate socializing. If I'm invited out I'll go but I have no problem being alone in my apartment.
3.) Despite ^ I do sometimes get lonely and need to get out and socialize and when I do I'm the life of the party
4.) I work as an biological engineer.
5.) My hobbies include, sports of all kinds, trivia, reading, Weed, and and working out. I have a weird liking of getting to know people, kind of to see how they tick and what motivates them
6.) I'm one of the more social people at my job. My desk is usually a conversation watering hole
7.) I love thrills. I get off on scary movies. Experimenting with psychedelics and what would seem like pressure situations to outsiders. I thrive on it.
8.) I can also be rather quiet. When Im out doing errands or in the mall I don't go out of my way to talk to those I don't know.
9.) I'm insanely competitive. If I'm challenged in anything defeat is not an option.
Anything else just ask!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=28377]Pandabrah[/MENTION]

From OP you sound nothing* like an ESTP and rather like an ISTP.

Lol seriously, you provided so much info in your OP, and then you get asked generic questionnaire questions and linked to some articles... it did bump the thread, but still lol. If you've researched the subject enough to determine your top two functions, then can someone please explain to me how that kind of info is going to help at all??

* ok, not nothing like one, just considerably more ISTP than ESTP.

To explain it, the most telling thing to me is the conciseness of your statements. Like, an ESTP might start their sentences in a similar way, but then they would just let the sentence run on and on, whereas you just immediately round up what you are saying into a firm judgement.

Your primary attitude comes across as more analytical than social/explorative.