• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram Type?

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Curiosity has always been a major element in my life. My goal in life would be to "know everything". However, I'm unsure of what I would do once I've learned everything there is to know. This said, the quote "the more I learn, the less I know" is very relevant in my life.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want to influence people through the words I write and the things I create, and I want to learn everything I can. I don't seek to be in the spotlight, I just want people to see my words without a name attached.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you? I could easily fade into the background and hide from life, but I'm learning that I can't do that. Learning and creativity are important to me.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear being useless, incapable, and insignificant.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want people to see me as intelligent, trustworthy, and knowledgable. I think I have potential, but I don't know enough.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I feel like I understand a subject. I feel my worst when I feel like an idiot.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) I rarely ever get angry. It takes a ton of deliberate work to anger me, and even then, it's still very difficult.
b) I feel shame whenever I feel incompetent.
c) Anxiety is a pretty constant thing in my life, and it often tangles itself up with shame. (Example: I feel anxiety over being incompetent, then I feel shame.)

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) It depends. I don't get stressed out over the things that normally stress people out. I'm very calm and clear headed in emergency situations because I view them as a problem to solve. However, I will get so stressed out over finals that I will not sleep for a week.
b) It depends on what the change is. Anything that interferes with my alone time is very unsettling to me, however, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to schedules.
c) Typically, I'm conflict-averse. I'm willing to confront people if it's needed, however, I will do so in a manner that doesn't start a fight. (Quite honestly, I don't understand why people take things so personally at times.)

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) If they're fair and competent, I'm okay with authority. I never completely trust authority until they're proven worthy of trust.
b) I don't desire power, I just want people to leave me alone.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I like to call myself a cynical idealist. It's a very unfortunate mix because I have very high hopes for humanity, only to be let down. This said, I think every human being is significant, and that we were all created with purpose. I think everyone is also different, and I would like to see a society that accepts differences and encourages the growth of the individual mind.

11. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I'm not a very trusting person. It takes a while to earn my trust, and when people trust me, I view it in the highest honor. You can usually tell if someone is trustworthy by their other traits.

12. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I'm very discerning of people's intentions. I'm not sure if this is intuition or just a random gift. I also have the ability to understand people's individual school of thoughts- I think this is an important trait to develop as it helps you understand your own school of thought.

(Note: I'm half asleep right now, so I'll probably swing back around in the morning and edit this. :unsure: )

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clearly your answers were biased towards type 5.
Its not holistic enough for a brutally honest typing. I would say 6w5 based on the above, disregarding the obvious answer you are looking for.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know enough about enneagram to have a bias. Why 6w5?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you dont know enough, then there should be no problem with you doing a regular enneagram test to figure that out.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ima say 4. 4's tend to just say 4 and ask all kinds of stuff, then pick whatever they want and say your 4 guess didn't fit what they were saying at all and then give you all the reasons they most definitely are not a 4, then they get angry and flame you and say whoever says they aren't a 4 is way better, then they remember forever that you had the audacity to say they were 4, so yeah, Ima say 4, and that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.