• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my mbti type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm 17 and female.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

[took out description]

It's easy to make up a meaning for anything- but that doesn't make it less meaningful. You are merely attaching your ideas, your thoughts, to an image, using the image as a way to materialize your thoughts.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Outward reaction:

-Neutral expression.
-Consider reasons of why the car might have broken down
-Identify the problem
-Fix if possible- or walk to nearest building/flag down another driver.

Inward reaction:

-Neutral/Oh fun! I love solving the random hiccups life throws at me! (Seriously, it makes things interesting).
-I would not be too bothered if I had to miss the concert.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't want to go. I enjoy concerts, however, I need at least two days to recover. If the rest of my group wants to go, I'd go, but find a quiet place to read (such as the bathroom! I often find myself hiding in the bathroom with a book whenever I get dragged to a party- No one wants to know what you're doing in there! Also, I always have a book with me- just in case! :) ). I would also probably end up drinking all of the coffee (this has happened once or twice..)

I might find myself bringing up the possibility of the car breaking down in the middle of the night.

If a few other people in the group don't want to go, the driver is on their own. However, I'm not the boss of everyone, so I'm not going to insist on going home if everyone else is on board. However, for this reason, I almost ALWAYS insist on driving myself places. This is mainly because I like having an escape if I need one.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward reaction:

-How can I respond to this person in a logical fashion? (While emotion is a part of belief- emotion should never be the foundation of belief, and emotion is not substantial enough to back up your beliefs. I would not be hurt, disagreement is perfectly fine!)

Outward reaction:

-I would either challenge them on their statement or ask a bunch of questions.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It depends. Does this have to do with moral belief? Spiritual belief? Political belief? etc.

If it has something to do with my political/spiritual beliefs, it depends on the setting. I don't see the point of arguing if the other party is unwilling to listen (unless there are other people around who might be influenced by my argument).

There have been a few times where I've quietly left places because I disliked what was happening. I hate drawing attention to myself, but I will not be forced to participate in something that goes against my beliefs.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I never base my judgements on a first impression. People are complex.

I should never underestimate the weight of the day. This is something I'm really working on- time is precious. I've gone through stages of apathy and lethargy due to various circumstances. Normally, I'm very goal oriented and motivated, but this time period has taught me the importance of pushing through in spite of my mental state.

Significance and purpose is something I'll always think about, however, I do believe that we as humans hold significance, and that there is a purpose to existence.

Trust is highly important in friendships, however, trust extends to loyalty and respect among other things.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm unsure of how to answer the first question. Generally, I'm considered weird. I've always marched to the beat of my own drum, but I don't do this on purpose. I guess if I were to state one thing that really distinguishes me from people, it's the fact that I'm not easily influenced. I definitely take ideas and theories into consideration, but I'm very skeptical about everything, and I really have to invest thought into something before I can accept it.

I sometimes wish I was better at conducting myself in social situations, however, the majority of the time, I just don't have the energy to keep conversation going. (Unless it's an interesting topic- my 14 year old self thought that discussing political views with acquaintances would be the perfect way to break the ice.. as I've gotten older, I've learned that I should probably discuss other topics first..)
I also feel like I come across as cold and abrasive, or intimidating. I don't really understand why that is, I'm just usually quiet.
I also tend to offend people without realizing it.. until they are obviously angry with me weeks later, leaving me quite confused..

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I most definitely trust my intuition. I'm good at discerning people's intentions and understanding their school of thought. Along with this, I quickly "feel" when a situation has become unsafe/uncertain.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energizing activities:

-Reading
-Writing
-Running
-Listening to music
-Playing the piano
-Discussing current events (preferably on an online platform- I like being able to gather my thoughts in private as opposed to being put on the spot. However, I'm perfectly fine discussing ideas and current events in person if I feel that I'm informed enough!)

Draining activities:

-Parties (I can enjoy them, but I want to go home within an hour.)
-Overstimulating environments (The mall, being around loud television/radio/people (sometimes it feels like everyone around me is shouting at the top of their lungs, and I can't filter the noise.), any situation that creates dissonance in my mind.)
-Crowds.
-Too much socialization without any breaks in-between (I need at least two days, but quite honestly, I almost never feel the desire to socialize. I definitely enjoy being around friends and I know socialization is important, but I don't exactly feel "hungry" for it so to speak.)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I'm definitely a lot more uptight and reserved. I think I sometimes come across as "sharp" or "cutting", when really, my brain is just going rapid fire and I can't slow it down. It's hard for me to loosen up when I'm around people, especially groups.

I'm not very outwardly emotional- in fact, I hate it when I get emotional around people.

I seem a lot more negative than I actually am. While I definitely can be cynical, I'm also very idealistic. However, I have a very dry/morbid sense of humor, so people don't typically realize how idealistic I am until they really get to know me. (I prefer to call myself a cynical idealist.)

I also care very much about people and their wellbeing. I'm just not very touchy/feely.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm actually very familiar with MBTI and cognitive functions (I'm great at typing other people!), but it's gotten to the point where I'm so immersed in the system that it's hard to make an unbiased typing of myself. Although I've "known" my type for the past 5 years, I'm not sure if it's completely accurate, or if I've gotten this type due to life circumstances. The stereotypes associated with it don't completely apply to me either.

That is why I posted the thread- I wanted an outsider's view on it.

Last edited:

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seeing Ni, Fe, Fi, and Ti. Most likely a very balanced INFJ.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see lower Se and strong Fe, INFJ.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've previously considered myself to be INTJ, however, I'm beginning to realize this may not be the case. I think I've favored Ti over Te, and due to childhood circumstances, I chose to use Ti over Fe, which has resulted in seemingly retarded Fe. Do you see any evidence of Te from my post?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see more Fe than Te.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hm. I usually score INTJ on any MBTI test with a high T score (which I understand is not a completely accurate way to type myself), could this be due to an Ni-Ti loop?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. I usually score INTJ on any MBTI test with a high T score (which I understand is not a completely accurate way to type myself), could this be due to an Ni-Ti loop?

Possibly.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hm.

A few things that could point to INTJ:

I was a VERY argumentative/opinionated kid. To the point where I got grounded from having an opinion for two weeks. The thing was, I'd view "arguments" as a "discussion", then I'd wonder why people were mad. I really just wanted things to be "right" and "just".

On the other hand, I was also a very sensitive kid. I hated it when other kids were left out and I always found myself hanging out with the outcasts. (Until they were absorbed back into the clique- which I was never a part of because they were mean.)

I'm extremely uncomfortable with outwardly expressing my emotions, however, I wonder if this discomfort stems from environmental circumstances. I was an incredibly sensitive and empathetic kid, however, I was in a very negative school situation. Whenever I outwardly reacted in tears, things would get worse, so I trained myself to not betray any hurt or emotional expression. This makes me wonder if that is why I've typed as INTJ for so long- I'm having to learn that emotional expression is not a negative thing, and people are not out to get me for it. I still get a large amount of anxiety whenever I start to grow emotional around people (and even by myself.)

I also have the tendency to be a bit insensitive. I don't mean to, I'm just often misunderstood.

Another thing I'd like to add- I've never been influenced by popular opinion. I'll take it into account, but I find myself deviating from the norm in most situations. I realize that it's an Fe stereotype to conform to society, however, I have the tendency to outright reject the norm. (I've gotten less extreme in this area as I've grown older.)

Well, this has turned out to be a bit longer than intended. A response isn't needed! :whistling:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are definitely an introvert, no doubt about that. I see a lot of Ne and Ti playing around in your opening post, though I am stuck as to whether you use Fi or Fe. I think your way of handling daunting situations (arguments, car breaking down, etc) shows that you try to get people to calm down and look on the bright side which, to me, I see it as Fe. Your coldness or sharp reactive behaviors sounds like Ti coming out and biting people's hands without meaning to, which seems to happen a lot to any MBTI type that has Ti in their stack.

Not sure about Si/Se and which one you use. Learning these functions myself is no easy task, so you'll have to forgive me!
I want to say you strike me as someone who is Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, which makes you INTP.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm pretty confident in being an Ni user. One way I differentiate Ni from Ne is by how they process information. Ne takes one concept, and from there, "explodes" into more concepts. Ni takes multiple concepts and zeroes into one concept.

Using the car breaking down analogy as an example: I would take into consideration what part of the car is broken down, then I would zero in onto the solution.

Here is some information to back up Ni-Se:

-When I'm focused on something, all bodily functions get placed onto the back burner. This has resulted in myself blacking out because I forgot to eat food and drink water.

-Under stress, I'm either unable to eat anything, or I completely overindulge in sensory things (Ex: During finals week and on holidays, I've hit ten cups of coffee a day. I also ate a ridiculous amount of cupcakes the last time I was dragged to a social event unprepared.)

-I tend to overexert myself exercising because I totally zone out of my body. After not running for months (I'm a dancer), I ran an hour and a half because I lost track of time.

-I don't really place sentimental value on items or times in my life. I think it's pointless to do so.

-I tend to zero in on one skill and perfect it instead of bouncing all over the place like Ne does.

-All of my brainstorming and processing is very internal and rather subconscious. I'm just unsure of whether my judging function is Fe or Te.

-When I'm under stress, my room/car/etc. blows up. There is no logical sense of organization. As soon as I'm free of stress, my retarded Se goes nuts and I have to clean everything. :D

Anyway, I don't mean to seem entirely against being INTP- I've considered it for a while, however, my sister and my best friend are INTPs and we have some striking differences. (I'm more focused and stubborn- they're more considerate of ideas and scattered, although we're all somewhat scattered because we're intuitive.).

I've have to learn that people won't listen to you if you're unwilling to get onto the same page as them. If they're freaking out and panicking, it doesn't matter if you're right- your ideas will not be taken into consideration if you're unwilling to take the time to be patient with them. However, I'm very good at delegating tasks in emergency situations. (Ex: My sister cut the tip of her finger off. We were both completely calm, however, she wanted to drive herself to the ER. I made her stay home and hold her hand above her heart while I called a neighbor to come get her.)

(Well, this is probably more scattered than I meant for it to be- I started writing out this post, then I got distracted and took a shower and came back to it.) Thank you for taking the time to post! :)

Last edited:

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow most of what you type is "borrowed" quotes from tests and descriptions.
I do not see any authentic Ni other than a copied definition of it.
I would go for INxP enneagram 6.

Don't be a slave to the system.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes, when I was describing Ni-Se, I looked up Ni descriptions for the purpose of better articulating myself while maintaining accuracy. Ni is a harder function to describe- I can most definitely see the difference between Ni and Ne, however, it's difficult to explain. This said, Si is the tertiary function in an INxP. In any cognitive function test I've taken (keys2cognition specifically), my function stack order looks something like this: Ni>Ti>Te>Fi>Ne>Fe>Se>Si. (Do you understand my dilemma here?)

I noticed your response on the enneagram thread- If I'm seeking a specific answer, posting a thread like this is pointless. If you base your posts on the assumption that I'm seeking a specific typing, you're also going to be biased, and if I happen to not be seeking a specific answer, your response becomes pointless.
In all honesty, I'm not. I was very confident (for the past 5 years) in being INTJ, however, I've been questioning this conclusion as of late due to being more emotional than usual, as stupid as that might sound. I questioned if I was so uncomfortable with my emotions due to how I conditioned myself.
Anyway, I assumed people would respond with "INTJ", so it surprised me when people typed me as "INFJ". Anyway, I'm seeking an accurate answer and I answered honestly (actually, I was being careful to not have a subconscious bias- although the way I described the picture is a bit retarded, however, I assume the creator of the question found joy in putting people in that predicament.)- so if you're sure of me being INxP, please provide an explanation, this way, I can think about it and consider it.

I don't know enough about the enneagram system to either agree or disagree with your typing of me, I've only started looking into it recently. However, it would be great if you could provide an explanation there too! (That would actually be helpful in learning about the system.)

I feel like I wrote a wall of words- I'll probably come back later when it's less chaotic and edit this post so it's easier to read. Sorry!

*Addition to my wall of words that I have yet to edit: Don't misunderstand me, I'm aware that every type has emotions (unless you're a sociopath). Now that I think about it, I'm most likely a bit more "emotional" than usual due to huge changes in my life. If this helps with anything, here is my view on emotions:

I think in general, most people are far too reckless with their emotions. Instead of handling them carefully and putting some effort into protecting them, many people wear their emotions on their sleeve and often use them as a weapon. Look at dating culture for instance- it seems to be okay to date and break up with multiple people. I think this is a reckless usage of emotion and I also think it has led to desensitization when it comes to personal relationships (not just dating). In my experience, a lot of people find it very easy to drop friends for little to no reason. Relationships in general have evolved to become very self serving as opposed to two people equally contributing.
I hate seeing how people disregard their own emotion and I think it's very detrimental. Personally, I highly value my friendships. This is partly because it takes me years to forge a friendship with someone, and even longer before I'll reveal my emotional sensitivities because I'm much more vulnerable in this area.

Okay, that was a long spiel and I'm unsure of what my point there was. I need to get back to doing yard work.

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that I am, in fact, INTJ. I have well developed Fi (probably a consequence of being raised in a feeling family.), which caused me to question this. Also, I've realized that recent life changes have caused me to be a bit more emotionally reactive than usual- I probably shouldn't question my type during odd times.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread! I will request for it to be closed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.