• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INSTINCTS

see opening post

• sp/so

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • sp/sx

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • so/sp

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • so/sx

• sx/sp

• sx/so

• Total voters

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4/5 for some combo of sp and so.

The sp part is less surprising than the so. Anyone care to shed light on that?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Think you're syn flow so went with sp/so

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not an so dom never ever
settle on sp/so with me

I want to, i really do.

But this:

Peacemakers are accomodating and are often out of touch with their anger.

Self-Preservation Nines: "Appetite"

I am very attached to my rituals of watching TV, reading, working on my computer, sleeping extra long, going to movies, and so on, and I feel anxious when anything interferes with them.
I tend to neglect important tasks and responsibilities and focus on my habits instead.
Food is prime in my life. Sometimes I use it to numb out, distract myself, and cover up my feelings.
I like to collect objects and information.
Sometimes I have trouble throwing things away because I can't decide which really matter to me.
I try to meet my own needs by keeping my home, car, office, or purse supplied with whatever I might want.

Relational Nines: "Union"

I like the feeling of being in union with a lover, family member, friend, mentor, famous person, guru, pet, nature, or the divine.
When not in a relationship, I usually feel melancholy and yearn to be.
I try to make my partner happy, both to avoid conflict and because his or her happiness will rub off on me.
I am usually so focused on my companion that I fail to notice what is going on with me.
When my partner places demands on me, I either become stubborn, go away emotionally, or go along so as not to make waves.
I often blame others for things that are not right with my life.
Sometimes I long to be more independent and discover my own priorities, desires, and aliveness.
I can stay with my own feelings best when I have an open expanse of time alone.

Social Nines: "Participation/Nonparticipation"

In adddition to wanting to further causes, I join groups in order to structure my time, to soak up energy and become enlivened, to see how I can best fit in, and to discover where to direct myself.
Though I gravitate toward groups, I sometimes feel ambivalent about whether I really want to belong.
If someone becomes bossy or unpleasant, I often can't find the words to speak out, and I become stubborn or withdrawn instead.
I often stay on the fringe. This keeps me from having to commit myself fully and from having to participate in conflicts.
I bring my mediating skills and my ability to build consensus to groups.
I often take the role of caretaker due to my tendency to want to be all things to all people. Since I automatically become involved in whatever floats by, I pick up nuances from others; but I'm slow to pick up and express what I myself feel.

He seems to fit the so description best. :shrug:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So maybe I was wrong about 953

Perhaps it's 593! :ohmy:

The Observer (the Five)

Observers rely on their own resources and find safety in knowledge and/or withdrawing.

Self-Preservation Fives: "My Home is My Castle"

I need to live in a private place where I can comcentrate; I want no expectations, intrusions, demands, questions, coercion, or noise.
I try to keep my life simple.
The more time I spend with people, the more drained I become.
It would bog me down to have a lot of belongings; I need easy access to books and other information though.
I have a tendency to save; I protect both my time and my money.
I am self-reliant; it rarely occurs to me to seek help or advice.
I dislike owing or being owed anything.

Some of the most introverted of all the nine types are of this subtype.

Relational Fives: "Confidences"

My close relationships often involve sharing secrets such as inside information with a colleague, a piece of forbidden knowledge about someone, or a made-up language with a friend or lover.
Keeping things to myself can give me a feeling of excitement and power; I have taken revenge by not telling something that I knew people wanted to know.
I don't want my partner to discuss our relationship or private business without consulting me first.
I like to have interesting conversations, although I rarely initiate them with people I don't know; as a thinking type, I tend to discuss logistics, scientific matters, or mechanics; as a feeling type, I am more likely to discuss literature, the arts, or psychology.
I especially value the people I know who respect my boundaries.
I know I look aloof, but I'm often very involved with what is going on as an observer. I find this more comfortable than having to be a part of the action, where I might feel inadequate or put on the spot.
Expressing my feelings sensually is very important to me, because this gets me out of my head and into my body.
When I'm alone with my feelings, they seem quite clear; but when I try to express them to my partner and close friends, I can't find the right words.

Social Fives: "Recognition and Hierarchy"

I prefer to work in a flexible, unstructured way and to set my own goals.
I like either to be self-employed or to have a safe nook in the hierarchy of a university or company where I can be relatively autonomous.
Rules and regulations often get in my way.
When I do high-quality work, I like praise from people who matter to me, but I don't usually ask for it.
Either I attend meetings in order to pick up knowledge and meet interesting people, or I avoid groups and organizations altogether.
As an extrovert, I like overt attention for my ideas and contributions, As an introvert, I am usually satisfied by having my work known and my name respected but am embarrassed by showy accolades.
I love to dig out information and find out what the experts in my field, and in other fields, have to say.

Social Fives usually appear more extroverted than other Fives.

I actually can't tell which one of the three [MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] is the most....

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4/5 for some combo of sp and so.

The sp part is less surprising than the so. Anyone care to shed light on that?

The reason I went with sp/so over sp/sx is purely because of syn-flow over counter-flow. Don't think you're sx Dom so sx/sp was out. Energy isn't radiant enough for so/sx.

I could honestly be convinced of sp/sx though ... I'm willing to believe you've got your inner conflict under close wraps. But to an external observer's eye you don't flail around nearly enough and you also feel kind of impenetrable to me like a lot of sx last people do (eg oaky)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The reason I went with sp/so over sp/sx is purely because of syn-flow over counter-flow. Don't think you're sx Dom so sx/sp was out. Energy isn't radiant enough for so/sx.

I could honestly be convinced of sp/sx though ... I'm willing to believe you've got your inner conflict under close wraps. But to an external observer's eye you don't flail around nearly enough and you also feel kind of impenetrable to me like a lot of sx last people do (eg oaky)

Yes! Impenetrable! Stealing that.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
why idk? am i not transparent enough?

Yes! Impenetrable! Stealing that.

:(

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you obfuscate deliberately. But you are pretty resistant to gentle prodding for information nevertheless, IME.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can somebody vote sx/sp for the sake of artifical symmetry?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
@sx/sp voter person
images

I don't think you obfuscate deliberately. But you are pretty resistant to gentle prodding for information nevertheless, IME.

Yes, though how much of that is the result of obliviousness or stinginess varies with the moments.

Truth be told, I've never really related to the notions of intimacy and union constantly brought up in sx descriptions. Stimulation and intrigue, sure, I lust for those. Rarely people unless they can bring one of the aforementioned.

For social, I sometimes wonder if I enjoy jumping on to and off of the sidelines too much for it. I tend to see those structures and drives as more of a playground than a serious and genuine fixation.

Thus, the creation of this poll.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@sx/sp voter person
images

Yes, though how much of that is the result of obliviousness or stinginess varies with the moments.

Truth be told, I've never really related to the notions of intimacy and union constantly brought up in sx descriptions. Stimulation and intrigue, sure, I lust for those. Rarely people unless they can bring one of the aforementioned.

For social, I sometimes wonder if I enjoy jumping on to and off of the sidelines too much for it. I tend to see those structures and drives as more of a playground than a serious and genuine fixation.

Sounds like so-second.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
who the fuck fucked up my symmetry

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A decision has been made. I appreciate all'y'allses inputs.