• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFP with enneagram 8?

Eastwood

After conducting allot of research on what my type might be, I find myself leaning with ESFP with enneagram 8. I was wondering if anybody can give me an explanation to this personality type and if anybody can give a celebrity figure for an example..... or if you think I'm a different type, lol.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an IST-. Just because you're dating or are married to an ESFP and start to act like one another doesn't mean you are one, you two are simply starting to become a unit, a pair, a nucleus, a couple, etc. :)

Eastwood

You're an IST-. Just because you're dating or are married to an ESFP and start to act like one another doesn't mean you are one, you two are simply starting to become a unit, a pair, a nucleus, a couple, etc. :)

Hu? I never said anything about being in a relationship, lol. What makes you think I'm an ISP? My best friend is an ENFP, so you can consider that a marriage. I'm still trying to figure out my type. I took one of the test I found on my older forum post, I scored ESFP with enneagram 8.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hu? I never said anything about being in a relationship, lol. What makes you think I'm an ISP? My best friend is an ENFP, so you can consider that a marriage. I'm still trying to figure out my type. I took one of the test I found on my older forum post, I scored ESFP with enneagram 8.

I think you are an IST_ actually; which means either ISTP or ISTJ, your choice. When I think ESFP I think 7w8 but an ESFP 8 would be pretty rare, IMO also congrats on your marriage then. :)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you are an IST_ actually; which means either ISTP or ISTJ, your choice. When I think ESFP I think 7w8 but an ESFP 8 would be pretty rare, IMO also congrats on your marriage then. :)

Isn't ENFP 8 kinda rare?? It's at least as, and if not more rare than ESFP 8.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=26663]Eastwood[/MENTION] I was just thinking about this in the shower this evening, actually! I was even going to start a thread on it. Anyway, I think ESFPs are far, far more likely to be 8's than people think. It's probable you could be one.

As for celebrities...P!nk might be an ESFP 8. But [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] is really clued in on pop-culture and stuff, so maybe he could help?

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't ENFP 8 kinda rare?? It's at least as, and if not more rare than ESFP 8.

Unfortunately yes, in the US we are very rare. Not many ENFP out there who can live a militaristic life and enjoy it even.

Eastwood

apparently I might be ISTP after all. I took the test from http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgi/survey48.pl

MY RESULTS;

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.2)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.3)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************** (23.4)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.5)
good use

It said Im ISTP
my other preferences are ISFP or ESTP

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As for celebrities...P!nk might be an ESFP 8. But @Chanaynay is really clued in on pop-culture and stuff, so maybe he could help?

The closest I can think of is (possibly) Foxy Brown, but I haven't really watched many of her interviews yet or gotten into her discography past Ill Na Na so take that with a grain of salt.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
apparently I might be ISTP after all. I took the test from http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgi/survey48.pl

MY RESULTS;

good use
average use
limited use
good use
average use
excellent use
good use
good use

It said Im ISTP

I recommend going beyond the tests and really digging deep into the functions. Tests don't do a person--or the personality theory--justice.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

MY RESULTS;

good use
average use
limited use
good use
average use
excellent use
good use
good use

It said Im ISTP

ISTP married to an ENFP, happens all the time. ENFP marry both ISTP and ISTJ depending on the circumstances and personal preferences.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does the 8 profile fit you very well? Does the 2 disintegration hit close to home? Did it feel halfway accurate but not fully?

You may want to look into enneagram 6. Especially, counterphobic.

I'm not saying you are, but MANY 6's type as 8's because of common shared traits - but core motivations are different.

Finding my enneagram made MBTI make sense because it will often explain behavior that *looks* like it could be a different MBTI function, when it really isn't.

MBTI and enneagram have a Venn diagram quality to it, where finding the overlap helps distinguish each.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After conducting allot of research on what my type might be, I find myself leaning with ESFP with enneagram 8. I was wondering if anybody can give me an explanation to this personality type and if anybody can give a celebrity figure for an example..... or if you think I'm a different type, lol.

ISTP 7w8 sounds right

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Which attitudes of yours make you think you could be a 7 ?

Which ones make you doubt about the instinctive type 8 ?

I was thinking I could be an INTJ or an ISTP many times in my life, mainly as I can isolate myself very easily...

The enneagram course I took with several teachers from different schools made me conclude I

could be type 8, type 7, or type 6 counter phobic (sx subtype). I never really knew my enneagram type. Apparently my wings are strong.

Also, we develop a second wing eventually as we grow up (around 35 generally speaking).

What I can feel is that I hate being controlled and react straight away, I always have a certain philosophy about why people are suffering and how they could have been avoiding it.

I'm a very honest person, and I fight for my independence, truths. I only trust myself. I can be very serious, critical and seem insensitive. But that's never the case underneath.

I fight for what isn't fair. I can be choleric but very much in control naturally. I am not a friend of nonsense. I like to find explanations to the chaos around me as I need to

understand my environment in the least details. I don't fear confrontation.

My social subtype is the weakest. I have always felt myself as being a sociopath (in the kind sense). I have had difficulties listening to my feelings (it can still happen under stress).

I have spent many years into denial. I'm a loner even if I love my friends and I'm faithful in friendship. I neglect and fear commitments (well I'm still working on that point actually).

I'm very precise with words.

So let's imagine I'm a 8w7 instead of a 7w8 and here you have a french celebrity figure in front of you ! :hi:

Under stress, which function do you use. Spontaneously, how do you react ? When facing suffering what do you do, tell other people ?

Which kind of joke do you make ? What for ?

Do you like to be all by yourself ? How do you spend that time alone ?

One test is for sure NOT a good reference to define your type ! Anyway I don't believe a person is purely 100 per cent from one type or another !

We got influenced by our environment, our called "wings" (which is just a new defense mechanism we use and develop to adapt/protect ourselves for/from our environment).

With more details I could give you some clues.

Eastwood

Which attitudes of yours make you think you could be a 7 ?

Which ones make you doubt about the instinctive type 8 ?

I was thinking I could be an INTJ or an ISTP many times in my life, mainly as I can isolate myself very easily...

The enneagram course I took with several teachers from different schools made me conclude I

could be type 8, type 7, or type 6 counter phobic (sx subtype). I never really knew my enneagram type. Apparently my wings are strong.

Also, we develop a second wing eventually as we grow up (around 35 generally speaking).

What I can feel is that I hate being controlled and react straight away, I always have a certain philosophy about why people are suffering and how they could have been avoiding it.

I'm a very honest person, and I fight for my independence, truths. I only trust myself. I can be very serious, critical and seem insensitive. But that's never the case underneath.

I fight for what isn't fair. I can be choleric but very much in control naturally. I am not a friend of nonsense. I like to find explanations to the chaos around me as I need to

understand my environment in the least details. I don't fear confrontation.

My social subtype is the weakest. I have always felt myself as being a sociopath (in the kind sense). I have had difficulties listening to my feelings (it can still happen under stress).

I have spent many years into denial. I'm a loner even if I love my friends and I'm faithful in friendship. I neglect and fear commitments (well I'm still working on that point actually).

I'm very precise with words.

So let's imagine I'm a 8w7 instead of a 7w8 and here you have a french celebrity figure in front of you ! :hi:

Under stress, which function do you use. Spontaneously, how do you react ? When facing suffering what do you do, tell other people ?

Which kind of joke do you make ? What for ?

Do you like to be all by yourself ? How do you spend that time alone ?

One test is for sure NOT a good reference to define your type ! Anyway I don't believe a person is purely 100 per cent from one type or another !

We got influenced by our environment, our called "wings" (which is just a new defense mechanism we use and develop to adapt/protect ourselves for/from our environment).

With more details I could give you some clues.

My attitudes that make me think I could be a 7 are the characteristics of spontaneity, boredom, and being scattered, along with possibly being a perfectionist.

What I doubt in type 8, is being decisive, I feel I can be indecisive at times. I don’t think I come off as intimidating to others (although it wouldn’t surprise me, lol) and I not domineering. However, I can relate to the self-confidence and confrontational aspects at times.

I still don’t have a full understanding to enneagram and I’m still kind of new to the concept. Like for example, I don’t understand the wing s. Which according you, I won’t develop until I’m 35… I’m 26 now.

Under stress spontaneously, I may appear angry in the face and not even realize it. People know when there is something wrong with me, and I’m always wondering why or how they know if something is wrong. I usually struggle to keep my cool and like to imagine myself as James bond, lol!! But when it takes one stupid remark or glare from somebody I know, I snap back with a blunt straight forward response that may have seemed unnecessary.

My jokes are usually an improvise of the current moment or me acting a certain way that sparks a laugh. I don’t really know why I conduct these jokes, it just comes naturally in the moment. But usually like being the first to point out what everybody else is thinking or at least reacting or feeling it, lol.

I don’t necessarily enjoy being by myself. I’ll take whatever opportunity I can to hang out at a bar with friends or a walk around the park just for some fresh air. I usually keep to myself at work and I’m viewed as reserved, mainly because I don’t want to dwell into negative conversations with people.
I usually reflect on my day or maybe even try to figure out things that I need to start improving on with my life. I also might have a bunch of ADD moments and procrastinate and get nothing done.

Yea I agree with staying away from online tests for sure!
Thanks for helping me with this!

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My attitudes that make me think I could be a 7 are the characteristics of spontaneity, boredom, and being scattered, along with possibly being a perfectionist.

What I doubt in type 8, is being decisive, I feel I can be indecisive at times. I don’t think I come off as intimidating to others (although it wouldn’t surprise me, lol) and I not domineering. However, I can relate to the self-confidence and confrontational aspects at times.

I still don’t have a full understanding to enneagram and I’m still kind of new to the concept. Like for example, I don’t understand the wing s. Which according you, I won’t develop until I’m 35… I’m 26 now.

Under stress spontaneously, I may appear angry in the face and not even realize it. People know when there is something wrong with me, and I’m always wondering why or how they know if something is wrong. I usually struggle to keep my cool and like to imagine myself as James bond, lol!! But when it takes one stupid remark or glare from somebody I know, I snap back with a blunt straight forward response that may have seemed unnecessary.

My jokes are usually an improvise of the current moment or me acting a certain way that sparks a laugh. I don’t really know why I conduct these jokes, it just comes naturally in the moment. But usually like being the first to point out what everybody else is thinking or at least reacting or feeling it, lol.

I don’t necessarily enjoy being by myself. I’ll take whatever opportunity I can to hang out at a bar with friends or a walk around the park just for some fresh air. I usually keep to myself at work and I’m viewed as reserved, mainly because I don’t want to dwell into negative conversations with people.
I usually reflect on my day or maybe even try to figure out things that I need to start improving on with my life. I also might have a bunch of ADD moments and procrastinate and get nothing done.

Yea I agree with staying away from online tests for sure!

Thanks for sharing those intimate states of yours :hug:

Perfectionist Does it help you ? In which area are you a "perfectionist" ?

Indecisive at times
Maybe that is just when you don't feel ok or when you don't exactly know how you feel or what you want...

like to imagine myself as James bond So you like to identify your self to a positive hero. :)

I snap back with a blunt straight forward response that may have seemed unnecessary. Maybe you just have to accept your "weaknesses" and work on them... ;)
I know it is a difficult work, painful, but with time it will be useful and free you from your inside (and unconscious) fears.
Believe me it's worth it in the end.

But usually like being the first to point out what everybody else is thinking or at least reacting or feeling it
You probably need to work on accepting your feelings as well as others'....
That point is very difficult for both 8 and 7. You'll probably need to practice some "emotional hobbies" to free yourself at a deeper level.
Writing, acting, whatever would allow you to be in touch with your feelings and compassion to feel more comfortable with them and far from some imaginary threats.

I usually reflect on my day or maybe even try to figure out things that I need to start improving on with my life

I do the same. Feeling trapped is awful to me.

I also might have a bunch of ADD moments and procrastinate and get nothing done.
Are you just having low energy times ? Or do you feel some fears hide behind that ADD symptom ?

Which according you, I won’t develop until I’m 35… I’m 26 now
My teachers told me this is an average. That depends actually on your own life. What you had to fight against, if you felt an urge to protect yourself in a way or another.
I think I developed my wing very early to avoid pain and suffering in an insecure environment. That is sp instinct. I had no choice.

You are very welcome.