• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or ISFJ?

Chrollo

Enneagram
6w5
I always get one or the other when taking a test. My enneagram is type 6 if that helps.

• I think about the future (sometime obsess) a lot and think of what I need to do now to get where I want to be

• I'm pragmatic, but sometimes I think about what could be. My mind often wanders thinking about science or engineering topics.

• I can sometimes get fixated on some of these topics, jumping from one to the next. I used to love researching space travel, chemistry, and now the Hyperloop.

• It's a struggle to get myself to start a project, but once I do, I can't stop until it's perfect

• I can sometimes dwell on past mistakes that affect where I am now. Whenever this happens I remind myself what's done is done and
    think of how to get where i want to be

• I tend to notice little details about people and things as well as inconsistencies

• I'm sentimental about some items from the past or my childhood. Sometimes just looking at pictures can get emotional. I'd never show this in public though.

• I daydream a lot about shows, movies, or books I've read

• I hate being late to places

• I like to think about whatever I say or do. I hate having to improvise.

• I usually forgive just about anything, but people sometimes take advantage of that. I usually cut them off and not think about it. I rarely hold grudges.

• I won't get into a relationship unless I know it'll be long term

• Sometimes I can hide my "true self" from acquaintances or people who are regular friends . I really only open up to truly great friends.

• I don't like ambiguity. 5 minutes means 5 minutes not 30...

• I always can recognize the logical choice but sometimes I have to go with how I feel. For example, in the train dilemma, I never switch to save the group, I just wouldn't touch it at all

• I'm definitely the quiet one in the group. I'm more of a listener

• I love learning new skills (especially instruments). I get really good, but sometimes I can move on to the next one without ever truly mastering the first.

What do you think?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based on this, ISFJ > INFJ.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People say Chrollo is an INFJ, so that's what you must be. jkjk.

I'm not sure if I have enough information. What do you mean when you say you sometimes obsess over the future? Could you elaborate?

Chrollo

Enneagram
6w5
People say Chrollo is an INFJ, so that's what you must be. jkjk.

I'm not sure if I have enough information. What do you mean when you say you sometimes obsess over the future? Could you elaborate?

Ha ha maybe

Basically I have a lot of goals, thinking about how I'll get there is stressful. It's almost as if I have a set view of what I want a few years from now, and bumps/setbacks that come up along the way upset me.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Some questions:

1) Do you tend to be absent-minded? Or, do you find it easy to deal with day-to-day matters?

2) Do you tend to be meticulous when getting dressed? Or do you tend to not think too much about that (if you're an INFJ that has worked on his Se you probably might be more cautious about how you dress)?

sylviar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
what kinds of projects are you inspired to start? like what makes you want to start a project/complete it to perfection?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think about the future (sometime obsess) a lot and think of what I need to do now to get where I want to be

Judging type. xxxJ.

I'm pragmatic, but sometimes I think about what could be. My mind often wanders thinking about science or engineering topics.

xSxJ.

I can sometimes get fixated on some of these topics, jumping from one to the next. I used to love researching space travel, chemistry, and now the Hyperloop.

:notype: as there are feelers in STEM fields and thinking types in creative fields. The first sentence sounds like Si to me, as Ni is more concerned about the relationships between things (patterns) rather than fixating the objective nature of these objects and/or people. I might be wrong, of course.

It's a struggle to get myself to start a project, but once I do, I can't stop until it's perfect

The stereotype that I really hate about J types is that we are always UP and READY TO GO for anything and everything life throws at us and its just not true at all. If anything, I'd say we are more likely to be hesitant and take some time before we do the deed more slower than P types, since we need to get the appropriate information and/or get in the right mindset before doing it, and we just put it down as a plan even if its five minutes from now.

xSxJ.

I can sometimes dwell on past mistakes that affect where I am now. Whenever this happens I remind myself what's done is done and
think of how to get where i want to be

Si.

I tend to notice little details about people and things as well as inconsistencies

Si.

I'm sentimental about some items from the past or my childhood. Sometimes just looking at pictures can get emotional. I'd never show this in public though.

Any type can do this, though this feels like a Si-Fe thing to me.

xSFJ.

I daydream a lot about shows, movies, or books I've read

:notype:

I hate being late to places

J type.

I like to think about whatever I say or do. I hate having to improvise.

J type.

I usually forgive just about anything, but people sometimes take advantage of that. I usually cut them off and not think about it. I rarely hold grudges.

Fe.

I won't get into a relationship unless I know it'll be long term

J type.

Sometimes I can hide my "true self" from acquaintances or people who are regular friends . I really only open up to truly great friends.

Introvert.

I don't like ambiguity. 5 minutes means 5 minutes not 30...

This is proof that you are the more pragmatic S type than the ambiguous N type.

I always can recognize the logical choice but sometimes I have to go with how I feel. For example, in the train dilemma, I never switch to save the group, I just wouldn't touch it at all

Feeler.

I'm definitely the quiet one in the group. I'm more of a listener

Introvert.

I love learning new skills (especially instruments). I get really good, but sometimes I can move on to the next one without ever truly mastering the first.

What do you think?

:nottype:

Final verdict: ISFJ.