• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can't figure out my type.

BriCx

MBTI Type
ISFP
Just as the title suggests, I've been at this a while and have read all about the cognitive functions, but I still can't seem to figure out my preferences.

Here's a questionnaire I copied from one of the other threads.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I can't really figure out which of the functions I use the most. The descriptions all use the same terminology and I can't seem to relate what I've read to my every day life.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I would like to be able to support myself and help support my family (currently a stay at home mom and my husband is working full time). I don't do well in fast paced environments or around too many people (I already know I'm introverted), but I love crafting. I recently took up doll making and sewing, so I opened an etsy shop and already made a few sales. I guess I don't care about making a lot of money, just enough to afford necessities.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I always feel great when I make sales (I've written books, created artwork and dolls, etc. It feels great when I actually sell something.) Being self fufficient in general gives me a sense of accomplishment.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being ignored, dismissing my feelings and/or making them sound childish, being treated like a child, etc.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about how it will affect not only the people around me (assuming it could affect anyone besides me, if not then I dont), but also the financial consequences or if I'm even competent enough to make the decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When it comes to projects, depending on what I'm doing I do enjoy the process, but not as much as having a finished product as a result of that work (like when I finish a doll or anything I make).

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember for my 22nd birthday I saw one of my favorite bands in concert. I can remember the lights going everywhere and how the vocalist marched around in the stands hi-fiving people as he walked by (and how he was surrounded by six bodyguards xD). Despite a guy asking me to take my shirt off it was pretty fun, especially since I saw them perform one of my favorite songs live.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Not sure I understand exactly what this question means, but I suppose my first instinct is to look up resources like Internet articles or books to read about the basics of a new skill. I also search on Pinterest. :p

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not very, to be honest. I mean, sometimes I get the urge to organize and can make any area pristine, but it eventually gets cluttered again until the cycle repeats itself.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't always pay much attention unless something about it sparks my interest. It really depends on the situation, but I guess when using MBTI as an example, I pretty much delved into it and read everything I could to try and get a better understanding of it, if that answers the question.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I'm not really sure, to be honest. I do a bit of both.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It depends on the sirltuation. I tend to spit out things impulsively in intense situations (like conflict) but I think for the most part I think before speaking. I also keep my speech to a minimum. I prefer limiting my communication even with one on one situations (mostly because I've struggled with social anxiety in the past).

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I do believe that actions speak louder than words, and I usually don't act impulsively.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Considering I would probably have a sleeping toddler in the next room, I'd have to decline. This is also assuming I would actually have people call me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Impulsive, anxious, jumpy, depressed, have a tendency to snap at the slighest disturbance...

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I mostly just despise hypocrites, rude people, manipulative people, and those who push their agendas on others.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Common interests like tv, books, activities, etc., but I hate talking politics (it depresses me) religion, and similar subjects.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Mostly the news, world affairs, all things that fill me with dread like that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends have told me in the past that I'm the more down to earth of the group and that I'm fairly creative, but we don't keep in touch much anymore so I really can't tell other than that.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Play video games, sew, draw, whatever I feel like really.

Hopefully that helps. If not, I would be happy to answer further questions.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP. :) Welcome to the forums!

BriCx

MBTI Type
ISFP
Thank you :). Just out of curiosity, how did you come to ISFP?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you :). Just out of curiosity, how did you come to ISFP?

This isn't comprehensive or should be the determining factors but:

I: Speaking little, you say you already know you're introverted.
S: You seemed very much more into doing, rather than debating or talking through things (like causes, debates, information based things), which is totally cool! I would like to do more things myself rather than just talking all day. :)
F: You just vibed that way to me, you didn't really come off as a person who likes to argue or a systematizer kind of person. Hate politics, which I dislike them too overall.
P: As with doing, you seem like someone who likes to go with the flow rather than trying to control or influence the world.

Fi: You hate manipulation and seem very value based that you seem to have a hold of.
Se: The doing aspect, especially your activities require a very present mindset
Ni: Dunno, but just comes in pair with Se. ;p
Te: Your dislike for politics, and you can be a bit snappy when you're stressed/upset. Impulsive probably for a desire just to get things decided which is opposite to your natural self.