• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me figure out my type!

AngusMcFife

Salutations. I am an eighteen-year-old female who is rather confused about what her personality type is. Here is a questionnaire I answered to let you get to know more about me, feel free to ask anything else. I hope I did this right.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, it's not a personality aspect, but I have no idea what my type could be because I have no idea which cognitive functions I use the most. I have read about all of them, but I’m still not sure. I took the similarminds and celebritytypes cognitive function quizzes, and they both gave me unclear results, but to be honest, I didn't know how to answer quite a few of the questions on there.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I try not to think about my future, so I’m not sure. I’d like to have a job that I genuinely enjoy, yet gives me a good amount of money. I’m not sure what this could possibly be. All I really want is to be satisfied in life. Sometimes I feel as though I would like a significant other and to have children, while others I can see myself being alone just fine.

3) Think about a time when you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was forced to attend a school dance and at this dance, my crush asked me to dance with him. I hate to admit it, but I believe I felt I was at my finest while I was dancing with him and right after. I guess it made me feel special, I was the only one with whom he danced, and maybe he likes me back.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Nearly everything about me makes me feel inferior to others. It’s mostly personality-related although there are some aspects of my appearance that make me feel rather insecure. But my things that make me feel the worst about myself are my poor social skills and my lack of intelligence. I become even more insecure if I hear someone saying something bad about me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

If it’s a big decision, I think about the pros and cons. How I feel about it is also a big factor.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I’m not sure how to answer his question. I guess I’d just like to get the project done.

7) Describe us a time when you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

That incident I described in the third question is a great example of a time when I had a lot of fun, and my memory of it is excellent. Another great time I had was when I went to a field trip with my class. While we were on the train, we played a bunch of games and talked a lot, I really felt like I was part of the group. I could go more into specific details about both these events, but I don’t feel that would be important.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I am very prone to memorization.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I do not believe myself to be very organized. I have two desks at home and they are both very cluttered with old schoolwork, invitations/cards, food wrappers, and other miscellaneous stuff. My school binders and backpacks were always the same way. I’m not the kind of person who makes to-do lists, and in school I never used planners.

10) How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I do both. I think I do the second option more, though.

11) Do you find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I’d say neither. Belonging to a given group feels nice, but I usually don’t care to make sure everyone is doing fine. And following what I believe/being myself doesn’t necessarily make me feel good.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I do both. There are a ton of times when I accidentally blurted out something. But most of the time during group conversations I am quiet because I can’t think of anything meaningful to say. It depends on my mood, if I feel more like listening I prefer group discussions, but if I want more chance of participating in the conversation, I’d like one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to jump into action right away. I think words speak as much as action, I guess it depends.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Television can wait for sure. I'd much rather hang out with my friends, I'll drop the show without a second thought and get ready for the night out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

My patience with other people becomes very short and I can become very unpleasant company. When I am stressed out, I find that I have a difficult time hiding it from others and trying to act normally. Time to myself, usually listening to music or trying to take a nap helps me get back to normal.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Rudeness for sure, I cannot stand those who disrespect or are mean to others. Also, I dislike argumentative people who feel the need to be in some sort of debate too often. Arrogance/pretentiousness is a pet peeve, as well as dishonesty.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like hearing about the things that happen in people’s daily lives. Also, I really enjoy talking about music. I'd rather talk about rock and metal and the conversation would probably last longer that way, but I do love to find out about the musical preferences of anyone with whom I converse extensively. Honestly, I like talking about my crush, but only to my mom and my Internet friends, I'd feel highly uncomfortable talking about him with my other friends who personally know him.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

People I don’t know (especially celebrity culture in general), nature, health, fashion. I’d say television as well, but there are a few series that I enjoy from time to time.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends usually describe me as kind, quiet, and smart. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with these descriptions (although the “smart” is questionable) other than them being very vague. They also tend to say that I am hardworking, and I’m actually not sure if I am or not. I don’t feel like I put much effort into whatever I do, but maybe they sense something else? In my yearbooks, a couple of people have written that I’m funny, and I’ve heard quite a few of my friends say that I am very helpful. I guess they would never say the opposite of these words, that I am loud, dumb, lazy, boring, and uncaring.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I don’t know, I don’t like planning this kind of stuff, I like going with the flow and making spontaneous decisions when it comes to this sort of thing. If I imagine that this day to do whatever I like starts right at this moment, getting into my car for a long joyride while listening to some metal albums I haven’t yet heard sounds absolutely splendid.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say ISFP or ISFJ, though I lean towards the former for you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The avatar strongly resembles another member and even the writing.. are you one of his dupes?

Wow that was actually really fun to say. :heehee:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
XSFP, probably ISFP from what you've given.

AngusMcFife

[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]:

This is the first time I have ever had an account on this website.

You make me curious, though. Now I wonder who this user is.

KitchenFly

It's tricky, I started of thinking 5w6 and then considered 9w1 and then thought 5w4. IP was a strong energy I perceived while reading your answers AngusMcFife.

I suspect you will enjoy the proses of working out the vastness of your type within the systems discussed in these forums.

I'm going to stick my neck out and go against the trend and type you as INFTP 5w6.

Good luck upon your journey.

Last edited: