• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, type me, say that you'll type me

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
• I tend to have problems giving people their personal space

• I've been told I'm secretive

• I tend to overextend myself to others, & then become resentful overtime when they don't reciprocate the help back

• My emotions on the daily are like a roller-coaster

• I'm prone to being impulsive, but it's not something I like about myself

• I greatly enjoy big groups of people I know well, but small talk with strangers isn't my cup of tea

• I like my spaces to look neat but still lived in (can't be too messy/dirty but can't be museum clean either)

• I often feel as if I'm either too enthusiastic for people or too gloomy for them

• I sometimes view life as a game, where all you need to do is play your cards right

• I can have a very short fuse with people, but I usually get over things quite quickly

• I often lack a real sense of knowing who I am, & sometimes get too wrapped up in viewing myself through others feedback of me

• I often think I'm quite different from other people, though I desperately do want to fit in/belong

• I have good athletic ability

• I love anything to do with the arts, though I'm not too inclined in it myself

• When I'm too stressed I over analyze everything

• I love the feeling of being so close to someone else, it's almost like your souls are merging (wow, that sounds a bit creepy to type out lol)

MBTI & enneagram suggestions are both welcome! :)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What types have you considered? ExFP maybe?

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] I'm leaning towards one of the ExFx types. I should say that I have psychological conditions that may affect my typing. I'm currently prescribed zoloft for anxiety & my psychiatrist also mentioned a possible PD. Another psychiatrist diagnosed me Bipolar ii, but my current psychiatrist doesn't believe I'm depressed. I'm also looking into getting tested for ADHD, because a couple of my friends are convinced I have it.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, that makes it trickier. Now I kinda lean towards ENFP...

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=27934]CakeByTheOcean[/MENTION], I'm leaning towards ENFJ personally, or ESTP.

Some questions:

1) Do you tend to think about the future much?
2) How comfortable would you say you are planning things (for example, planning a get-together, or an activity for a group in which you have a leading part?
3) How focused do you tend to be when speaking? Do you tend to get easily bored of focusing for a long time on a subject?
4) Do you tend to be good at remembering where personal belongings are located?

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28128]Purple INFJ[/MENTION]

1) Yes & no. I often come up with plans, they don't work out, & then I have to revise. As much as I try to set goals for myself to reach by certain points, life always gets in the way. I think if it wasn't for my illnesses, this would go a lot smother, & I wouldn't have as many set backs. I have always thought about my future family, home, career, & about things that I would say are on my bucket list all my life. I need something at the end of the tunnel to work towards & hope for, or else my motivation really plumits.

2) I would love to plan a party for someone else (not much into planning events that center around me). I think it would be quite fun, & I would love to see my vision (or their vision) for it come to life.

3) Depends. Sometimes I become intently focused. For example, if I'm discussing a topic that really interests me, like talking about spirtuality, a movie I love, or secret societies (like talking about the illuminati with friends), I could absolutely talk about these things for hours. Other times, people's small talk becomes grating, & I take the convo in a complete 180 direction.

4) My own, yes. Other people's, not at all. I mostly put things right back after using them, so it's not like I really have to remember??? When I re-organize, I sometimes completely re-arrange things, & then I can't find them easily. lol

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=27934]CakeByTheOcean[/MENTION] You are an FJ, and I would bet all my money on that. Almost all of your statements scream Fe to me. Probably an ExFJ. Do you know anything about the cognitive functions?

As for Enneagram, you might be a 2.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, I think ENFJ might be a better fit.

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] Thanks! I have some knowledge about the functions.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based on this and a brief impression from a few of your posts on the forum - ESFJ

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] Thanks! I have some knowledge about the functions.

Okay! I would research Si and Ni a bit more and try to figure out which one you feel is more you. Also think about Ne or Se as tertiary functions. I can help if you provide some rationale for both.

Willow Tree

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ni-Se or vice versa - that's the only pattern that I can really notice as of this point. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on what you said alone: ESFP :heart: 6w7/7w6 sx/so?

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More about me....

• I tend to change my mind completely last minute
  • It always amazes me how people could know what they want to be doing 10 yrs. from now, when I'm not even sure what I want to eat for lunch lol
  • I love hands on activities: sports, painting, etc.
  • Most of my friends are guys, because I feel like I relate better to them
  • Life gets boring to me often, because I wish there was something new & different to do everyday
  • I love trying new things, for example food, & I get annoyed when other people don't simply because they say something along the lines of "but I've never had it before, so I don't think I'll like it." It's like, "duh that's the point, & you won't know otherwise."
  • I don't do well in structured environments, & if someone tells me to do something or corrects me in what I perceive as an unnecessarily mean tone, I'll purposely defy them
  • I'm not crazy about meeting new people, but I get bored when I don't have people to do activities with
  • The people that I do spend lots of time around, I like to know everything about them: their fears, their mistakes, their biggest dreams, etc.
  • I have a hard time telling people that I like them/love them (romantic interests or family), & it makes me feel like i'm taking a bite out of the side of my mouth when I force myself to say it
  • I didn't have many friends throughout elementary, middle, or high school, but I can be really good with people when I want to be
  • Sometimes I feel like I either try to be overly entertaining for others, or else I sit completely silent lost in my own thoughts
  • Phrases like "well that's the way it's always been" really bother me. Like, we had slavery in the past too. Didn't mean that was a fantastic idea, did it?
  • I equally get annoyed with people who say "well that's the way I was raised." I was raised by my grandparents who are somewhat homophobic, don't believe white & black people should date, & are devote Catholics. I'm bi, have only been with black guys, & hate organized religion. No matter who you grew up with, you're your own person.
  • I sometimes feel like a big kid, because I'm still very hyperactive