• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help with my type

Spongebob11

Hi everyone!!
I'm having doubts about my type! I'm always typed as ENFP in online test! and i read the description and it fits me! But i have some serious doubts regarding functions! D: I'll try to explain what i think i know about my functions! Here we goooo!

Ne vs. Ni: I think Ne rules over my Ni, people describe me as enthusiastic, bubbly and imaginative. I usually see the big picture, not caring about details, or connecting them later. I'm very future oriented though! I see what I could do in the future or what could happen, or about what I could do. Is not like I need things planned out, I can have them decided like 1 minute before! I also can jump from topic to topic quite easy, I don't really have a problem striking conversation with someone or opening up to someone. I consider myself optimist, I usually see the good oportunities in life, or the good posibilities, not caring about the bad (in fact people tell me that i'm too naive and innocent despite being 22 :p) i can also be very imaginative. For example i can imagine how a fallen leaf could be used as a yatch for the ants to travel down the street when it rains, of how a pencil was before a finger of a wooden doll. I was talking today with a friend about what if we did out own film, about the argument and the actors and all! I have a very poor memory! so i usally give my friends ideas of what we could do someday in the future no to forget about it!

Fe vs. Fi: Here's my doubt. I'm very a very kind and sweet guy, i usually think of other before of my own, i value harmony and such, but deep down i also want to be true to myself. Let me explain! it's like a bit contradictory isn't it? I really want others to be happy, but I want to be happy myself, I have values and beliefs, but not to the point of getting mad if someone violates them. i live and let live. I can have an opinion, maybe yours is different but i dont get mad! It's completly true! I like yellow? you like red! I like rice? you like sausages! As long as it doesn't hurt anyone i don't worry about it! But also, i'm very emotional, i can get away really easy, either by the seer moment or by others feelings. if someone is sad, i can get sad really easy too. I like to encourage everyone to their full potential, i don't like seeing someone down!

Se vs. Si: Okay, I admit that i had some serious depression problems like 4 years ago, because i felt really lonely and i started to get depressed, and melancholic, contrary to my cheerful and sunny usual self. I guess it was a depression thing, because usually, i'm not melancholic nor look back to the past. Yes, sometimes i remember my experiences, but my quote could be: don't let the past define you, look towards the future and live your present! yes, the past defines us, it happened, its innevitable, but you dont have to get dragged it for all eternity! We have to look towards our future and have something to look forward to! I'm not very traditionalist, and i don't like routine at all, it makes me sad and depressed seing that everyday is a carbon copy of yesterday i like novelty and or variety! i can get carried away easily by the moment or the place i'm in or the smells or sounds, but i don't think i'm se dominant! :( I can be very oblivious to the obvious and i don't care about details. I can realize that you had a haircut like 5 hours later! xD

Te vs. Ti: Mmmm... I don't really use logic, if ever. I'm not the super smart guy! And i don't like overanalazing things, and thinking about the why. Sure, i can say, why is that? why did he/she did that? maybe it was because X or because Y but logic is not my strong suit! When i was depressed i really had a low-self steem, like, i thought i couldn't accomplish anything, i was like inferior to everyone, but not anymore, i don't think i'm more than anyone, but not less either! we are all equals! I can stand my ground sometimes, i'm not superduper assertive, i don't like confrontation, but i can get defensive if needed. I'm super duper chaotic too! xD i'm not very organized!

Well, everyone calls me an extrovert! (based in the typical definition of social=extrovert) i consider myself extrovert for sure! buuuuuuuut oh oh! sometimes i get this doubts if i'm introvert! I wouldn't like the idea of being introverted! not because it is a bad thing! (hey, we are all humans!) but no one ever considers me an introvert in my life! :O I think i get very hyper around others, and i get energy from having friends and having acquaintances to talk to, because i really fear being alone! what do you guys think? would you help me finding my type? The online test says i'm enfp, but the only thing i'm not agree with is that is said that ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts!

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got the impression that you were an ENFP, and only read the last paragraph of your post when I was in the midst of writing this reply. I see strong Ne, strong Fi, and inferior Te/Si, with the latter two functions being interchangeable (I don't understand how tertiary and inferior functions interact, however).

My guess is ENFP.

P.S. Ne doms are considered to be the most introverted extroverts (both ENTP and ENFP). I lean more towards ENTP because Ti is a very introverted function (INTPs are often referred to as the most introverted introverts). It doesn't mean that you are a different type if you don't fall into the stereotype of whatever type that you happen to be.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, this should be interesting:

I definitely think you're Si/Ne, people with Dominant or Auxiliary Ni don't tend to skip around topics the way I gather you do.

I wouldn't call out a verdict regarding your Judging Axis just yet.

I think it's fair to think that you're an NP, although I'm not quite sure which you would be.

Some questions:

1) What does the term "personal freedom" mean to you?

2) What does the word "justice" mean to you?

3) If someone told you a sad personal story, how do you think you would react?

Spongebob11

Well, this should be interesting:

I definitely think you're Si/Ne, people with Dominant or Auxiliary Ni don't tend to skip around topics the way I gather you do.

I wouldn't call out a verdict regarding your Judging Axis just yet.

I think it's fair to think that you're an NP, although I'm not quite sure which you would be.

Some questions:

1) What does the term "personal freedom" mean to you?

2) What does the word "justice" mean to you?

3) If someone told you a sad personal story, how do you think you would react?

Oh! question time, I like it, wiii! :D hahaa, sure! I'll answer them!:

1-Personal freedom meas that you can do whatever you want, without having to worry about anything at all! It means that if you want to try something, you have just the freedom to do it, if you want to go somewhere, you can go, or if you want to express in a certain way, you are free to do it :D. I can imagine a perfect example of the contrary to personal freedom! Who hasn't got a father/mother who told them not to do X thing? Well, the contrary of personal freedom could be like when our parents told us to behave in front of other adults, or to stop jumping around, or not to draw in the walls! (well, drawing in the wall isn't that bad, you can paint the wall again to cover the painting!)

2-Oh I know! Justice is like equality! Not in the sense of we are all equals, we are all humans, but in the sense of equality of treatment. Did you did something wrong? did you killed a poor grandma because you were angry with the world, or because you're super crazy? well, justice is like: you did X wrong, and you're gonna have to repair that damage somehow!. I know it was an extreme example and almost Karma-like hahaha! But justice could be also be like: someone works super hard at his/her job, but doesn't get promoted :(. It would be fair for that person to be promoted! because, he/she is really hard working! that person deserves to be happy too!

Aaaaaaand number 3!: Oooh, it would be really sad! :( I usually ask them about oh, but what happened after that? or why did that happen? is it already solved? and I would try to find a solution, brainstorming about possible solutions (real solutions, not something like: buy an unicorn and fly away to the moon! well, im lying i would probably say something silly too, to try and cheer up that person) xD but mainly i try to find real solutions, really! If there is no solution to the problem like for example, that person's father died, or something where there isn't a solution (except if in this case you are a necromancer and you can bring the person's father back from the dead :O) No seriously now, if there isn't a solution, i offer a lot of emotional support, I can do everything in my hand to help that person, whether if there is a solution or not! I love being there for people! because i love people and love is the way! :D

Oh! And don't worry if you have to ask me anything else! I will gladly answer it, I hope my answers have been of any help! :D

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm. Let's keep going:

1) Have you ever had a leadership position in a group? If so, how would you summarize your execution of the role? If you haven't, do you have any interest in taking a leading padt in a group?

2) Let's say you're running a restaurant, and one of the cooks isn't performing up to your standards? How would you deal with this situation?

3) How would you react if one of your friends said something to make you feel better if you were going through a tough emotional situation?

Spongebob11

Oky doky! Lets go!!:
1-Mmm i really have a poor memory but right now i dont remember having being in such a position! But it would be interesting because for me it would mean a new experience! Besides I think i would treat everyone equal and try to inspire them not to do their job as an obligation, but to make it more fun promoting teamwork!

2-Okay this is quite complex! I think i would try to give the person another chance! He can improve or at leadt i would try to help him to improve, i would be patient to see how things unfold! Maybe he will improve trying a bit harder!

3-I would be really thankful! Because whenever i feel sad i need someone to my side! I cant stand being alone. It would also mean that someone loves me enough to be there qhen im sad! As im with my friends when they are down. I would probably try to follow their advices or at least see things from other point of view even realizing that the problem is not as big as it seems! When you are with friends, the fun times double and your worries feel far away! It always better being with someone! :D

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I detect Fe.

A combination of Fe/Ti and Si/Ne axes means that you would be in the NTP/SFJ club.

My guess is that you're an ENTP.

ENFPs tend to prefer the independent processing of emotions over their collectivization. So they might get uncomfortable if you try to console them.

(I think some ENFPs might make exceptions for people that are particularly close to them, but generally, they share this tendency with other Te/Fi types. This is, of course, my understanding, and I'm open to being wrong here.)

try to inspire them not to do their job as an obligation, but to make it more fun promoting teamwork!

Seems very Ti/Fe to me. Not to say that Te/Fi people can't make a team work, but my understanding is that they tend to be less inclined towards interdependence than Ti/Fe types. Basically, my understanding is that they (Te/Fi types) don't do "all for one and one for all" (at least, not the way Ti/Fe types tend to).

I suggest you ask some ENTPs if they can relate to any of your traits, particularly when it comes to handling emotions.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, I think you're an ENFP, you've got the Ne/Si and aux Fi.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFP
Just because you're not Fe doesn't mean you aren't motivated to help people. What I see is a Ne-Fi dynamic - you know what makes you happy and stable and you employ that in hopes of helping other people. You want to find solutions to their problems, which is Fi expressed through tert Te. Furthermore, your want and ability to see things from another's point of view likely stems more from your dominant Ne than Fe. Ne is an information gathering function, after all. ;)

If you need more evidence, one's strongest shadow function is the auxiliary function with the opposite orientation, in this case Fe. I think it's more fitting than shadow Te.

Again
ENFP