• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perhaps my Fi isn't what it's all cracked up to be

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So I've been typing as an IEE with an Fi subtype, mostly because I briefly read into the subtype description and felt a stronger familiarity to that as opposed to the Ne subtype. But I'm starting to think, that perhaps my Fi isn't actually all that strong. Sure I feel emotions, blah blah blah, but I also posted a few other threads not too long ago, with clues into this personal questioning such as my thread on feeling overstimulated and not being able to sift through all this information I can sometimes get. Now, I do say it doesn't happen all that frequently, and typically only when I'm highly stressed, but regardless, if my Fi, or any judging function for that matter were indeed strong, I don't see how this sort of circumstance could play out. I also posted comments here and there saying how hard it is for me to pass any sort of judgment on someone, no matter how cruel everyone else around me thinks they are, it's just genuinely hard for me to see it and agree. Again, if I had a stronger judging function, wouldn't I be able to make a quicker judgement, not only just on people, but anything else??

I'm also VERY scattered and often times find myself confused as to what I even want to do. Whenever I have time off there are times where I end up not doing anything that day and stay in (and feeling frustrated in the end since I didn't do anything) all because I thought of too many great sounding ideas of things I could do, and I just couldn't bring myself to make a decision.

And now...after chatting with [MENTION=10786]Zeno[/MENTION] last night, I am starting to question whether I may be using Ti?? At least on a superficial level, I do a lot of the same things a stereotypical ENTP may do, like I play devil's advocate...A LOT. Also, using my time on this forum as an example, it personally bothers me to discuss functions, particularly when it comes to trying to associate them to me, when they're applied superficially and with all this garbage fluff attached. Basically, like someone saying Se people like fashion, you like fashion, done, you're an Se dom. (Thankfully it's not actually THAT bad, but I'm making a point) In short, not just when talking about the functions, but I do like to find a truth to things. Remove all biases, any attached subjectivity, and discover something to its true essence. I do this because only then, can I truly manipulate it in my mind and go to town with the concept. Oh, that's a fun place to be. When I flip and fold ideas and thoughts like a taffy puller.

So who knows, perhaps I just use Ti but it's not one of my four preferred functions. But let's have some fun and toss around some thoughts. Could Dreamer be an ENTP?? Am I actually stronger in Ne and weaker in Fi than I had assumed all along?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Everyone gets overstimulated here and there, regardless of your judging and perceiving functions!

What it sounds like is that you are an ENFP who is just getting around to using their Te more often. 100% normal and 100% okay! You Fi isn't weak or crappy or not as good as you thought it was just because you don't fall into the Fi subtype. From my knowledge, it's possible to not be either subtype. It's a-okay!

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Everyone gets overstimulated here and there, regardless of your judging and perceiving functions!

What it sounds like is that you are an ENFP who is just getting around to using their Te more often. 100% normal and 100% okay! You Fi isn't weak or crappy or not as good as you thought it was just because you don't fall into the Fi subtype. From my knowledge, it's possible to not be either subtype. It's a-okay!

Thanks for your input! Ya, I have been thinking that myself too. With my career choice it's all about being efficient since you're paid for a set of drawings and service, and basically, the faster you can do the work and get things going, the more money you can pocket, (I'm in architecture btw). I also work at a more corporate firm versus the boutique firms I was at before so I feel this is truly the first time I'm really flexing my Te. Potentially, that is also what has me feeling like a potential ENTP here and there too.

And as far as Socionics, I sort of assumed everyone was a subtype, like just getting deeper into specifying one's type. But you may be right, perhaps I'm NOT any subtype :)