• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XNFX?

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
Hello! Kinda sure about the NF, unsure on the rest.

As far as personal stuff goes, here's what I've got in terms of functions:

Fi vs. Fe: Generally, what matters to me is doing the right thing at all costs, no matter what. The biggest thing someone could say to offend me is saying that I am rude, immoral, or selfish (or that they hate me). Individuality doesn't matter to me or particularly interest me, and I'd strongly prefer to blend in than stick out, though when I'm depressed I am prone to having an identity crisis. Sticking out makes me feel self-absorbed. But if I was in a group and they were doing something I thought was morally wrong, I would definitely speak up or (more likely) try to find a way out of the situation as quickly as possible in a way that doesn't offend them. I'm always looking for meaning and what matters about life, what is true. My greatest happiness in life is being close to others and giving/receiving love. Mostly that is centered around my family, close friends, and religious affiliation (ie: personal relationship with God). Loneliness scares me and much of what I do in relationships revolves around keeping it at bay and making sure the other person is happy. I feel emotions very strongly but am really good at hiding them (and prefer to hide them unless with a close friend) and even though I'm moody on the inside, most people think I'm really calm. Also, I have really strong social anxiety right now but was quite extroverted growing up and it's mostly centered around the fear that people don't like me or think I'm a bad person.

Usually if I take a cognitive functions test, Fe is my overall most dominant function but I also have pretty strong Fi. I think that either Fe or Fi is my guiding emotion which is why it has the most information...? Not sure, though.

Ni vs. Ne: I think I'm pretty big-picture oriented in that everything I do is leading up to an ultimate goal of how I want my life to go and maintaining what is important to me (doing what is right and keeping close relationships). Very future-oriented. I don't like uncertainty--things have to feel settled or safe or I get nervous. Not very spontaneous. Most things I do are structured and go towards an ultimate purpose. Usually I go with gut feelings on things and trust my instincts, though they're not always right. Sometimes they are, but sometimes they're very off the mark. I can't really explain gut feelings when they happen, it's just sort of a strong feeling. Usually I type as strong Ni but am not sure because I can see Ne aspects.

Si vs. Se: It might be because I'm kind of depressed right now, but I tend to reminisce on the past and dwell on nostalgia maybe more than is healthy. Pretty traditional as well in that progress matters to me as long as we keep the good values of the past intact as well. But aesthetic things like music and art are also really appealing to me. Sensory experiences tend to overwhelm me, especially right now with the social anxiety acting up, but it used to be enjoyable just to appreciate the thrill in the moment. If I didn't have social anxiety/depression, I think I would be way more present-oriented than now. It's only because things hurt now that I'm seeking refuge in the past. Usually I get really strong Si.

Ti vs. Te: This is usually what I score very, very low on but equally as low. I tend to analyze everything and need to know why things happen or why people are the way they are, how events turn out as they do. But I'm also pretty by-the book and like to do things as they've always been done unless there's a flaw in how they've always been done. But either way, I tend to get equally underdeveloped on Ti or Te so... yeah.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My guess would be that you use Fe and Ni more than Fi and Ne based on what you wrote here so I would look at the NFJ types. You might be able to identify which one if you read about inferior Se and inferior Ti and see which one speaks to you more.

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
That makes sense. I think inferior Ti fits more, but it could go either way. Is it possible to be an extrovert with social anxiety, though? I like people and usually prefer to be around others as opposed to alone but the anxiety does limit that.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You have Fe and Ni. Maybe an unhealthy INFJ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Fi vs. Fe: Generally, what matters to me is doing the right thing at all costs, no matter what. The biggest thing someone could say to offend me is saying that I am rude, immoral, or selfish (or that they hate me). Individuality doesn't matter to me or particularly interest me, and I'd strongly prefer to blend in than stick out, though when I'm depressed I am prone to having an identity crisis. Sticking out makes me feel self-absorbed. But if I was in a group and they were doing something I thought was morally wrong, I would definitely speak up or (more likely) try to find a way out of the situation as quickly as possible in a way that doesn't offend them. I'm always looking for meaning and what matters about life, what is true. My greatest happiness in life is being close to others and giving/receiving love. Mostly that is centered around my family, close friends, and religious affiliation (ie: personal relationship with God). Loneliness scares me and much of what I do in relationships revolves around keeping it at bay and making sure the other person is happy. I feel emotions very strongly but am really good at hiding them (and prefer to hide them unless with a close friend) and even though I'm moody on the inside, most people think I'm really calm. Also, I have really strong social anxiety right now but was quite extroverted growing up and it's mostly centered around the fear that people don't like me or think I'm a bad person.

Usually if I take a cognitive functions test, Fe is my overall most dominant function but I also have pretty strong Fi. I think that either Fe or Fi is my guiding emotion which is why it has the most information...? Not sure, though.

Ni vs. Ne: I think I'm pretty big-picture oriented in that everything I do is leading up to an ultimate goal of how I want my life to go and maintaining what is important to me (doing what is right and keeping close relationships). Very future-oriented. I don't like uncertainty--things have to feel settled or safe or I get nervous. Not very spontaneous. Most things I do are structured and go towards an ultimate purpose. Usually I go with gut feelings on things and trust my instincts, though they're not always right. Sometimes they are, but sometimes they're very off the mark. I can't really explain gut feelings when they happen, it's just sort of a strong feeling. Usually I type as strong Ni but am not sure because I can see Ne aspects.

Si vs. Se: It might be because I'm kind of depressed right now, but I tend to reminisce on the past and dwell on nostalgia maybe more than is healthy. Pretty traditional as well in that progress matters to me as long as we keep the good values of the past intact as well. But aesthetic things like music and art are also really appealing to me. Sensory experiences tend to overwhelm me, especially right now with the social anxiety acting up, but it used to be enjoyable just to appreciate the thrill in the moment. If I didn't have social anxiety/depression, I think I would be way more present-oriented than now. It's only because things hurt now that I'm seeking refuge in the past. Usually I get really strong Si.

Ti vs. Te: This is usually what I score very, very low on but equally as low. I tend to analyze everything and need to know why things happen or why people are the way they are, how events turn out as they do. But I'm also pretty by-the book and like to do things as they've always been done unless there's a flaw in how they've always been done. But either way, I tend to get equally underdeveloped on Ti or Te so... yeah.

INFP.

If you were an INFJ your Ti/Te would be the third paragraph in your description, and you would likely express the idea that you sometimes feel very Ti (or words to that effect).

Also, the description at the pages in the link below match better with your self-description.
https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

Your Fe paragraph seems very indicative of Fe dominance, and your Ti paragraph as Ti inferior. Your phrase that related to Te (I'm also pretty by-the book and like to do things as they've always been done unless there's a flaw in how they've always been done) is actually Si. I cannot really see if you use Si or Ni auxiliary.

Also, Enneagram 2w3 is strongly correlated to ExFJ. NFs are not commonly 2's (except for ENFJs). So for now, my final verdict for you is ENFJ or ESFJ. Would you mind elaborating on Si or Ni more?

Edit: Oh, and if you want people to respond to your posts, you should quote them. The quote button is at the bottom right of the post you want to respond to. That way, the person will get a notification that you replied to them. Otherwise they won't know, so you won't get many responses.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm thinking NFJ.

Some questions:

1) How good would you say you are remembering where personal belongings are located?

2) When in conversation, do you prefer to delve deeply on a particular perspective, or skip through multiple perspectives? Would you say you tend to speak giving loss of detail, or tend to focus more on presenting what you feel are the central points of your message?

3) What makes you more uncomfortable: spending a lot of time contemplating in your head, or being around people and listening to what they have to say, even if you're not interested in it?

4) What are some of the things you wish you could improve about yourself?

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
I'm thinking NFJ.

Some questions:

1) How good would you say you are remembering where personal belongings are located?

Pretty good. I lose things every now and then but as a general rule keep a good sense of where things are.

2) When in conversation, do you prefer to delve deeply on a particular perspective, or skip through multiple perspectives? Would you say you tend to speak giving loss of detail, or tend to focus more on presenting what you feel are the central points of your message?

Delve on a particular subject for sure and really understanding whatever it is we're talking about. Jumping around makes me feel like we're not going deep enough. Also I tend to focus on the central points or overarching connection.

3) What makes you more uncomfortable: spending a lot of time contemplating in your head, or being around people and listening to what they have to say, even if you're not interested in it?

Neither of them are particularly uncomfortable... I like both listening to people and thinking. But it's naturally more easy for me to contemplate alone because of the social anxiety thing. I think if social anxiety wasn't an issue, I would prefer to be around people. Being inside one's head too long gets lonely. But that's how it goes, I suppose.

4) What are some of the things you wish you could improve about yourself?

I wish I was more outgoing and wish that I was more selfless and able to show people how much I care about them more. Also, more confident would be nice.

How could I figure out through the answers if I'm a J or a P?

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
How could I figure out through the answers if I'm a J or a P?

Basically, Judgers seek control of their outer world and to store perceptions in their inner world. Perceivers like an unpredictable outer world and to constantly scrutinize what invades their inner world.

Having said that, I think it's best to think about that after you've figured out your type, rather than before. Or, at least, when you're close enough.

Delve on a particular subject for sure and really understanding whatever it is we're talking about. Jumping around makes me feel like we're not going deep enough. Also I tend to focus on the central points or overarching connection.

I had a mistype on that question, it should've been "lots of detail". Clear sign of Ni/Se axis, you can rule out being any of the SJs or NPs with this answer.

With regards to your answers to questions 3 and 4, maybe you have a case of social anxiety (though this isn't a topic I'm knowledgeable about).

Three more questions:

1) Have you ever had a leading role in a group? If so, how comfortable were you in it?

2) Have you ever given an oral presentation, or done any form of public speaking? Did you like doing it?

3) If you see someone you know crying, what tends to be your response?

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
Oh. Okay, that makes more sense without the typo, then. Yeah, I definitely like more being able to predict things.

Basically, Judgers seek control of their outer world and to store perceptions in their inner world. Perceivers like an unpredictable outer world and to constantly scrutinize what invades their inner world.

Having said that, I think it's best to think about that after you've figured out your type, rather than before. Or, at least, when you're close enough.

I had a mistype on that question, it should've been "lots of detail". Clear sign of Ni/Se axis, you can rule out being any of the SJs or NPs with this answer.

With regards to your answers to questions 3 and 4, maybe you have a case of social anxiety (though this isn't a topic I'm knowledgeable about).

Three more questions:

1) Have you ever had a leading role in a group? If so, how comfortable were you in it?

Yeah, last year in high school I lead a creative writing club and that was pretty fun. Relatively comfortable, but only because I had the support of the vice-president and secretary. Sometimes I like leadership roles, but sometimes they intimidate me. It depends on how much fun I'm having with the project and how comfortable I am with the other people. If I feel it is the best thing to do for the group, I don't mind having a leading role but am equally as comfortable not having one.

2) Have you ever given an oral presentation, or done any form of public speaking? Did you like doing it?

Yeah, I do a little bit of slam poetry so that might count. I like it if it's something I'm familiar with like that and if I'm having a good time. If I feel un-confident in what's being presented or am having a problem with self-esteem (or if the environment is uncomfortable), then I get really and noticeably nervous. This can end in a panic attack or something, especially over the last couple of months, so I generally stay away from that right now and don't even do much slam poetry, not like I used to. But I have previously been alright with it.

3) If you see someone you know crying, what tends to be your response?

To comfort them. If a friend or something was crying, I would want to do whatever would help them. If they need a hug or something, then hug them. If they need assurance or someone to talk to, then that. If they needed silence or space then that would be harder because I'd want to help them, but if that's what they needed then that. Basically just do what I can to help them.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
To comfort them. If a friend or something was crying, I would want to do whatever would help them. If they need a hug or something, then hug them. If they need assurance or someone to talk to, then that. If they needed silence or space then that would be harder because I'd want to help them, but if that's what they needed then that. Basically just do what I can to help them.

This strikes me as Fe.

I think you're clearly in the NFJ/STP club, and I'm leaning more towards NFJ.

The possibility of social anxiety gives us a bit of a challenge.

Two more questions:

1) Would you say you find it easy or challenging to be a doer? Why?

2) How comfortable do you tend to be dealing with unexpected situations?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm getting ENFJ. Nothing here suggests NP to me.

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
Yes, the anxiety does complicate things. It's difficult to say because I think naturally, I am extroverted but have been in my shell for a while.

This strikes me as Fe.

I think you're clearly in the NFJ/STP club, and I'm leaning more towards NFJ.

The possibility of social anxiety gives us a bit of a challenge.

Two more questions:

1) Would you say you find it easy or challenging to be a doer? Why?

Doing is probably my natural state of mind. I like to get things done and accomplish things. It's difficult for me to wait around or spend time not knowing what to do. I very much prefer working towards something.

2) How comfortable do you tend to be dealing with unexpected situations?

It depends on how I'm feeling and what kind of situation. Generally I like to know what's going to happen. If there's things I can't predict, that does make me nervous. Like, this is really bad but sometimes I read the synopsis of movies beforehand so I can consider how all the details of the plot contribute to the ending as far as emotional and aesthetic appeal goes. That's really bad, maybe, but I tend to like it more if I do that because then I can appreciate the emotional moments more. So yeah, more of a "know how it's going to happen," not a "winging it" kind of person.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Doing is probably my natural state of mind. I like to get things done and accomplish things. It's difficult for me to wait around or spend time not knowing what to do. I very much prefer working towards something.

I think you're an ENFJ. In my understanding, we INFJs tend to struggle more to get things done than ENFJs. The ENFJ tends to be more action-driven, by my understanding. We INFJs can take longer before we finally move to get something done, but once our drive is ignited, it can be very fierce.

So yeah, more of a "know how it's going to happen," not a "winging it" kind of person.

Definitely not an ESTP, and I don't think you're an ISTP either.

So yeah, ENFJ is my verdict.