• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? Ask me anything

experimentalness

Hey I just did this quiz, which I also posted over at personalitycafe (What type am I? Ask me anything) see our discussion here. Can anyone help me decide a closest type?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

The reliability of the tests made me question my type. I'm just trying to clarify my knowledge on the theory and my own preferences.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

1. To have the satisfaction of an abstract understanding of the world through the content of wikipedia, dictionaries, an assortment of books, and videos. Also a practical understanding through real experience, conversations and performance of skills.

2. To have financial freedom

3. To make close friends and do a breadth of things with them and have interesting, witty, and thought provoking conversation

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I'm explaining something I'm knowledgeable about, when I'm absorbed by playing music, when I'm in a thought provoking conversation, when I'm trying new food, when I'm learning about something new or trying a new skill, when I have a nicely placed joke and everyone laughs. I think its pretty self explanatory why these things make a person feel good. Most of them involve executing something you are good at and receiving appreciation or praise for it, from others or yourself.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not a lot. Maybe if someone try's to inflict serious physical harm on me or yells in my face or something like that. I would still fix the situation though. Also if my mind is tired or I'm nervous I can't think as quickly as normal and I make mistakes in crisis decisions or wit battles.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

If its a decision about my own life I choose what is in my best interests. If i am working for somebody else, then I make the decision that is in the best interest of the position they are paying me for. If its a decision that involves a group I belong to or a group activity then I act democratically. If somebody's interests are opposed to mine I analyze the pros and cons. I would asses whether I would lose their friendship if I competed with them. If so, is the reward of pursuing what I want worthy of that cost.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Most of the time I just work without a real goal. I explained this in another post about how I have lists of projects I chip away at continuously in no particular order. This creates a trajectory into myriad of futures but focused around futures that arise from doing productive activities. I have many half completed projects that I may complete in the future. If I'm working in a group I will try to keep the project devoid of bad ideas and I will call them out as I see them. So yes, I like to have control over the outcome but I welcome ideas from all sources if they are good ideas.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun doing way too many things to list here. Basically good friends make anything fun. Also really getting a good understanding of something or having an insight is one of the most satisfying feelings ever. Eating new food that I don't have to make myself is fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Mix of theorizing and memorize. I memorize things through theorizing and reading different material. If its a skill that I want to develop then hands on experience is vital. I typically think before acting though.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm not externally organized at all. I can be but I'm really lazy. I'm organized in my understanding of SOME things and in my note taking.. mostly.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to think of lines of reasoning that contradict them, think of counter-examples, I play around with the idea in my mind, and do some research on the web to see other peoples thoughts.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I sometimes find harmony in taking care of other peoples feelings. Normally it's in very indirect ways. Like if someone I like is getting beat in an argument, then I will help them out. Or if someone needs help fixing a problem of theirs. I find harmony in being myself in principle, but in real group situations I mostly go along with what other people want to do.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I probably think while I am speaking, while quickly going into my head where information spontaneously arises. Like grabbing into a cookie jar of thoughts. I prefer groups of 2 (including me) - 5. Big groups I can do as well but I'll be different levels of liveliness with different people. I like parties where I can have lots of one on one conversations as well.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I think things through a lot before I do them. However, sometimes my thinking is too idealistic and subjective and I make mistakes and overlook details. I look back on a lot of decisions that I call impulsive. Even though they might not actually be that way.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Watch the show then go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

try not to react emotionally even if it's killing me inside (sometimes i explode). This is uncommon. I mostly just need to be alone to sort out my thoughts. If I'm stressed for long periods of time I binge on sensual pleasures, act lazy, and ignore the problem.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people jump to conclusions, when people think they are smarter than they are (we are all morons ok people), when people are overly emotional and ignore reason.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Any random idea and the implications of it. I like to see how things fit into a mesh of information. When people can shake this up for me or add to it I feel thankful. I like talking about possible things we can do in the future or that day whatever could be fun.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Diet, memories, exercise, sometimes I ignore relationships

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They perceive me as friendly, spontaneous, a little shy and really smart. Their perception is wrong because they don't realize I make a lot of shit up and it just sounds smart lol. My opinions sound extremely confident but are very tentative.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

from morning to night - Find something good to eat, read something interesting, spend a bunch of time on the internet, play guitar, go do something with my friends like a sport or go downtown, maybe drink some beers and smoke some weed, go to the bar that night or to a party (if everyone is free to do that, ideally), go to bed. I would keep it flexible in case something cool comes up.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP.
Second guess, INTP.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IxTP. I see tons of Ti, but you don't strike me as anything in particular. How old are you? Are you mentally healthy?

experimentalness

IxTP. I see tons of Ti, but you don't strike me as anything in particular. How old are you? Are you mentally healthy?

I'm 21 and I would consider myself mentally healthy. You say you see tons of Ti, but I've never really been proficient at Ti until maybe one year ago. I started using it sloppily when I was around 13 or 14 and I don't remember using it at all as a child. That being said, my memory of being a child is very poor.

experimentalness

Also, if you guys think it's istp vs intp, then I would definitely say that I'm an intp. I can't relate to istp or estp descriptions at all. As for intp descriptions, I can relate to them a lot more but a lot of descriptions are still off. INTP Personality Type: Thinker & Seeker This is the intp description that closest describes me.

experimentalness

Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm starting to narrow the options down to ISTP, INTP, ENTP, and maybe INFP or ENFP?

Here is an analysis of when I believe each function (simplified into 1 word based off of personality-hacker) started to manifest itself in my life.

Si (Memory) - Age 20. I first started to analyze past experiences of mine when I was introduced to myers briggs. I have a horrible memory for life experiences and pretty much no focus on them. Whenever I do focus on something that happened in the past I am always able to frame it positively and as an experience of growth. Then I never think about it again. I have tried to recreate and order my past experiences in my mind but I doubt I have painted an accurate picture. I started with this function because I'm expressing my memory of my preferences in this post.

Se (Sensation) - From childhood. I was an active kid and enjoyed activities like hockey, swimming, soccer, and basketball. Over the course of my life I have gradually become less active. Throughout high school I tried a bunch of martial arts and even meditation but that didn't last long at all. I like the idea of sports more than actually doing them. Although I have become less active, my awareness of what is real has increased. As a kid I was completely detached from reality. One time I cried because my friend punched my imaginary friend. Another time I bit a kid but literally forgot I did it 20 seconds after when I got in trouble for it (maybe I actually didn't do it though). I had a wild imagination as a kid but I'll leave it at this for now. These days I understand reality better.

Ni (Perspectives) - Age 10? I don't think I have ever really developed this function in the weird mystical way, but I do look into the future quite often. I have looked deeply into my future since I was around 10 and have known mastering the guitar was my main life goal since I was maybe 15 or 16. I don't get gut feelings or premonitions and all of my beliefs are tentative. I look at things in terms of likeliness and unlikeliness and don't hone in on a single perspective. When people do that it actually bothers me quite a bit. I was raised as a catholic and the main reason I never hopped on the band-wagon was for the simple reason that other religions existed and needed to be explored before I solidified my beliefs (I had other reasons as a kid, this one was huge though). I don't remember ever fully believing in god although I tried praying.

Ne (Exploration) - Since childhood. This function was pretty huge in my childhood. I would have crazy imaginations and share them with everyone. I know kids do this in general, but for me it was to the point where my imagination was indistinguishable from reality. Some kids were even a little bit scared of me because I was REALLY weird and not shy about it at all. Most kids went a long with it though and I had a pretty awesome childhood because of it. This trait became less pronounced as I got older but I still love to entertain possibilities and discuss "out there" things with people.

I'm tired I'll do the rest later.