• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know which is my real type: INFJ, INFP, INTJ or INTP.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On the subject of arguments, what topics are you most likely to argue about?

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION], usually just any topic that ticks me at that time. Like international relationships, general law, law of education, belief of people (I'm an Buddhist/Atheist), religion, sometimes politics, astrology. I only keep politics to myself because it's kind of sensitive to other people. When I was a child, I'm not afraid to voice my belief. But when I grow up, I begin to be more careful.

For example:

About religion, my friend, who is a Japanese, but a newly-converted Christian, believes that people can eat meat of animals, because she believes that God has created them for people to eat. I'm not. I was raised as a Buddhist on my maternal side (but only my grandmother, my father and probably my mother, too, are Atheists) and I think animals, just like humans, they experience pain and separation too. So I'm totally against that idea. But when I see she doesn't like it (she's an ESFJ, she knows how to inform me gently about this), I let it go.

But deep down inside, I'm plotting something else. I swear that someday I will change her mind and make her think like me.

How can I say this to you? Well, the more I grow up, I begin to lean more to the Atheism. I don't see the point why people should believe that there is a superior deity exist. I've always thought that I need a God before, but as I walk into the church, suddenly I realize that I don't need a superior God to live. I believe in human and that's it. I don't believe there is anyone can save us from our sin, except we have to stand up and do it by our own hands. I can argue this with people, you know. But only when I'm in mood.

Also, the international relationships and politics, I am very aware of this. I even have fun time just listen to the news and guess what is the true story behind everything. I don't believe the media always say the right thing. I only collect things that agree with my value, others, if it against with my value I will analyze and try to figure out why they think/inform us like that. Do they try to manipulate us? I don't 100% believe everything. I scare of politics because it's killing people, it's dangerous, but nevertheless I find it quiet fascinating. I do collect knowledge and have independent observations about it.

About science. I usually don't purely discuss about science theory (that sounds INTP, right?). I only discuss about it, when I see something about them that I can relate to the cause/principles of life. Deep down, I find science is a great tool for human future. Although I usually don't find interest in discussing them, deep down inside, I think science is even more reliable than the existence of any God.

And about education of young children. Don't drag me into this and everyone will be in peace :D.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem to gravitate towards social justice, meaning and morality, and sort of develop specific morals. That sounds pretty critical Fi to me, which indicates IxFJ, INFJ for your case.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION], Huh? You mean "Fi and INTJ" or "Fe and INFJ"?

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=28128]Purple INFJ[/MENTION], thanks for your insights. Although I cannot really see the clear distinction between Te and Ti. I have read something about this but apparently I used to think I am either INFJ or INFP, so I focus on the Fe versus Fi function more.

For example, if I was about to judge the quality of an education system. I would go there, experience the quality of it. How the ideas of education affect on the development of children in general. As I see everything was just screwed up and I begin to see what's going on, then what's wrong about it: people's using it and the ideas constructing this whole mess - where is it rooted from, mistakes followed by mistakes. I decided to go somewhere else and learn, find the real cause of it and constantly desire to change it by my own hands.

Then is that considered a Te using?

I'd say so. Te seeks what works, what gets results in the real world, what is proven.

You might say that Te is scientific, while Ti is speculative.

Te looks at evidence and forms conclusions based on it, Ti is more based on inner world perceptions, not outside world data (which is what Te is rooted upon).

This is why some Te users can seem dogmatic at times (not necessarily always), because Te doesn't really see opinions, only facts and conclusions based on facts. You need to present facts that support your conclusion to convince a Te user, mere speculation won't work with them (ofc, this is just a generalization based on Te alone, and one needs to look at other functions in the preferential stack to get a clearer picture; plus individual development also plays a role. And if Te is Inferior, it won't have the same sort of weight in a type as it would in the first 3 preferential spots).

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION], Huh? You mean Fi and INTJ or Fe and INFJ?

The critical parent function is the introverted version of your aux, so if you have critical Fi then your aux is Fe, which is INFJ.
I mean what you've written here kinda sounds INFJ.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not much into shadow functions, but my understanding of them is that they are tools on the side, not present most of the time.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=28128]Purple INFJ[/MENTION], thanks for your insights. Although I cannot really see the clear distinction between Te and Ti. I have read something about this but apparently I used to think I am either INFJ or INFP, so I focus on the Fe versus Fi function more.

For example, if I was about to judge the quality of an education system. I would go there, experience the quality of it. How the ideas of education affect on the development of children in general. As I see everything was just screwed up and I begin to see what's going on, then what's wrong about it: people's using it and the ideas constructing this whole mess - where is it rooted from, mistakes followed by mistakes. I decided to go somewhere else and learn, find the real cause of it and constantly desire to change it by my own hands.

Then is that considered a Te using?

Te is external logic, these people use rules and external structure. Te is efficient and often factual. The Scientific method could be an example of this.
Ti is internal logic, these people likely have an inner code of logic independent of outside information. Think Sherlock Holmes, he uses his internal logic to make deductions and draw conclusions. Ti finds loopholes and creates hypothetical scenarios.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
[MENTION=28128]Purple INFJ[/MENTION], It's true. I'm really impatient when see things do not work, especially when it related to human beings.

For example, education. I know that people have many ideas and opinions that they want to apply. But for pity's sake, they have to understand that this is human society, not a whole bunch of robots that they can experiment their opinions on it. What they apply to it will have a permanent effect. Children and future of one community are not for their goofy experiments. They have to observe from the past, from other societies and look at what are they're dealing with right now, to think of a solution that can apply well :(. I don't want a person to just blindly bring an idea in just because, "It works well in another community. So we just need to apply it."

To me, the purpose of thinking and studying a subject for a long time is to see what will work in reality. At the end, each community is different and their way of development is also different.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I fixed my recent post regarding Te and Ti a bit.

What they apply to it will have a permanent effect. Children and future of one community are not for their goofy experiments.

This strikes me as Ni btw. Ni is highly future oriented. Ofc people of any type can think about the future, but we INJs tend to get a particular kick out of seeing potential future trends. We can also have the bad habit of thinking about the future to the expense of the present, which is more in line with Se. We need to remind themselves that to create our futures, we need to start with our presents.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION]. I don't know what I have to do to develop that aux. Fe. It's a burden to me actually. I keep asking this question.

I don't related to Sherlock Holmes thinking, at all. Seriously, I think Sherlock is kind of weird and his thinking is just strange/insane. I mean what happen with that guy I don't even know how he can remember and draw such an epic conclusion.

Talking about Te and Ti. I heard that Te is very fond of giving explanation while Ti is good at categorizing and defining things. If it is, I think I leaned more towards explaning Te.

Though, I do agree that I sound like an INFJ...

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm really impatient when see things do not work, especially when it related to human beings.

Seems like Te to me. Even if it's related to human beings, the desire for efficiency seems more to me like a Te thing.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I would decide that I am an INFJ thou. I mean alright, maybe the interpretation of cognitive functions is kind of vague, but I feel INFJ is a better type for me to fit. I like beauty, nature and people's goodness. I think my Fe is usually expressed just like Fi, because I tend to be idealistic about people too much, and thus, I easily get upset when people's standard and thoughts do not match mine. But it's alright. I just need to go out and accept the reality for a while.

And about Ti and Te, no idea. Maybe I will need time to figure that out ^^.

Probably because of age and experiences, I tend to shut myself from the outside world too much, this results of my lack of experiences and leads to my social awkwardness. Maybe I just need time to truly grow and get my old self back again. So don't worry :).

Thank you guys for taking time to analyze everything and give me helpful information! I would try to develop myself. :bye: :hug:.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
:D. Yeah. But because of you guys now I can truly ensure that I'm a Dominant Ni. Before this I even tend to think I'm an INFP or having some sort of Ne, :wink:.

Aliceyn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Thanks [MENTION=28128]Purple INFJ[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] too, as well as [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] :hug:.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=27840]Aliceyn[/MENTION]

Very well. I look forward to interesting discussions with you.

We each have our personal journey of self-discovery and self-evolution, so I wish you well in yours.