• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Type My Father

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey guys, I'm back again after I posted the thread 'I Need Help' in this section of the forum. I would like to thank everyone who helped me find my type, it has been very helpful. However, nowadays, I've been starting to wonder about my father's type. I would be very grateful if you guys could help me with typing him.
So some details about him:
- I or E: He has no friends in his life, only some casual acquaintances such as his colleagues at work. The reason is partly because he immigrated from another country, leaving his family behind to a new country where I am living now currently. Hence, he nags at me and my sister every day about the importance of having friends and how he regrets not having friends. This leaves me to wonder why he has not made any friends, despite having immigrated for almost 20 years, and instead just nagging at me to make friends, even scolding me for only sticking to a few of my friends I have known for a few years already, telling me that I should make more friends. I'm not very sure if he is an introvert or an extrovert, as when I'm eating alone with him, he would always want to make conversation with me, even though I am perfectly fine with the silence. He seems to be quite uncomfortable with the silence when eating, and always tries to make conversation, to the point where I get annoyed. Hence, I'm confused if he is just a lonely introvert in seek of company or he's an extrovert.

- His temper: He is someone with a bad temper and he gets angry very easily. Sometimes, he gets angry with the rest of my family, me, my sister and my mom just because we made a small mistake. During this times, he will resort to verbal abuse and scold all of us for being stupid and useless. Sometimes, this has led to violence and he has hit my whole family before, even scolding his parents. This makes me think if his functions have been unhealthily developed, as he constantly seeks to remind my family that he is superior to all of us, in terms of knowledge and contributions to the household, and as I mentioned before, insulting all of us. Could unhealthy developments in personality cause this?

- He gets frustrated easily because of my sister's messiness, such as her messy hair and nags about her all day, even insulting her that she looks like a crazy person from the asylum. He constantly says such things, which makes my self-confidence drop all the way down.

- His personality: Sometimes, he acts like a 3 year old person and goes around annoying everyone, especially when we are doing work. On the other hand, when he is angry he just scoldes everyone with no regard for their feelings. Sometimes, after reflecting, he would come to apologise, saying that he did wrong and would never do it again. However, his words are not to be trusted and this will happen over and over again.

- Almost everyday he talks to me about the benefits of becoming a doctor, obviously hinting to me that he wants me to take the profession of a doctor. However, after that he would say that he wants me to choose my career by myself, stressing that he doesn't want to influence my decision, even though he clearly 'asks' me to become a doctor.

There you go, sorry for ranting a bit, I would appreciate any help and do ask me any questions!