• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We're trying to type my sister! Any ideas?

katieoddsocks

MBTI Type
INFP
We're pretty sure she's a XSFP, mainly because I recognize high Fi and Se in her. Also she's taken a couple of tests and she scores high on Feeling and Perceiving but E/I and S/N are pretty balanced.

About her:
* She's a graphic designer, art & tattoo lover.
* If she were to describe herself in three words it would be 'dramatic', 'grumpy' and 'hermit'.
* She holds feminist values and gets very passionate about strong women who fight to be themselves. She takes art in Gay Pride and Black Pride events annually.
* She's a very emotional person and her mood changes more than her clothes. She gets easily annoyed by things such as outside noises, people chewing, people breathing, crowds, rain...anything like that. She gets angry at other people quite easily, but she's never aggressive. She's often passive-aggressive and takes to social media to air her frustrations.
* She tends to work in bursts. She experiences high bursts of energy and then goes into a period of reclusion once she's worn out. Sometimes she disappears for weeks, then reemerges with a completely new look and a new goal.
* If someone upsets or betrays her she cuts them out of her life. She's known to hold long, stubborn grudges and won't usually apologise first or let her guard down.
* Even though she's a self-confessed hermit, she's very likeable and has a wide group of friends. When she communicates she's very expressive and enthusiastic, especially when talking about something she's passionate about. When she's sad she usually removes herself from social situations and hides away from the world.
* She's pretty self-conscious and worried about how she comes across to others. She's happiest when she knows she's making other people laugh. Often she's self-mocking.
* She can easily hop on board with last minute plans, but at the same time she can easily cancel plans if she's "not feeling it". Often she'd prefer to spend the day in bed.
* In her spare time she enjoys cooking, DIY, watching reality TV and cycling on occasion.
* She's usually an advocate for ‘just going for it’ and 'following your gut'.

So I'm pretty sure she's XSFP unless you think otherwise. The only thing I'm really unsure of is extrovert or introvert. She's not outgoing enough to be an extrovert, but she's not calm enough to be an introvert.

Any ideas?

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
She seems like an introvert, describing herself as 'hermit' and "goes into a period of reclusion" and even "disappears for weeks". Introverts don't necessarily have to be calm, and by calm do you mean like easily excitable? Because as long as an introvert is interested in something, he/she will be naturally excited, especially when they are around close friends and family. Going by your description, I agree that she seems like an SFP so I'll say she's an ISFP.

katieoddsocks

MBTI Type
INFP
She seems like an introvert, describing herself as 'hermit' and "goes into a period of reclusion" and even "disappears for weeks". Introverts don't necessarily have to be calm, and by calm do you mean like easily excitable? Because as long as an introvert is interested in something, he/she will be naturally excited, especially when they are around close friends and family. Going by your description, I agree that she seems like an SFP so I'll say she's an ISFP.

Thanks, I was thinking ISFP too. I just remember being told that people with dominant Fi are a lot more likely to contain their excitement and not be as outwardly emotional. I myself am an INFP and I'm slightly more mellow and less dramatic than my friend is. She's a bit more of an attention seeker in the way she dresses and talks.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I see ISFP.