• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP?

parpas

I'm not sure about my type. At first I identified with INFP and INFJ but online tests typed me most of the time as INTP. Then I took the original mbti online test and the results were INTP also. My girlfriend thinks I'm an intp. I'm not sure about me being an intp, so I'm making a general description of my personality.

How I see myself:

- I'm a very indecisive person, mentally disorganized, one day I'm into something the next into another thing.
- I have an idealistic side but sometimes I'm very pessimistic.
- I have many interests, I like to be knowledgeable in all aspects of life and dig deep in those interests.
- I'm perfectionistic and very critical of myself and others. Sometimes I think I'm superior than most people until I do or say something inaccurate which is often. I have extremely high standards.
- I'm definitely introverted, most of the time I'm on my head thinking.
- I'm sort of delusional, sometimes I daydream that I'm going to be someone important but I don't take action, my dreams are very far from my reality.
- I'm not very much in contact with my feelings and I find it very hard to express them even to people that are close to me. I don't connect with others very easily.
- I'm extremely private. I'm like a social chameleon around strangers.
- If there's only one thing I'm certain about myself is that I have great taste

How others see me:

- Shy
- Quiet
- Private
- Serious
- Patient
- As a good person
- Strict
- Snobby

Last edited:

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP maybe.. IXXP definitely. I think you should describe yourself better by using the questionnaires that give you scenarios to answer. The descriptions you gave are kind of vague, it's hard to really pinpoint a type based off of it.

parpas

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I relate only to the Ti-Fe axis, I don't relate well to the Ne-Si axis. I don't feel like I generate a lot of ideas or that I'm a very creative person, neither that I have a good connection to the past or memories.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Independence, to be allowed to experience, to experiment with ideas and learn about how everything works without hindrance.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I make a prediction and I'm right about something far-fetched.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not knowing things. Not being prepared. Not being able to accomplish some plan or goal.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I think about what is best for everyone in the long run, what solution is going to benefit everyone on the long run. If it involves directly other people, most of the time is spent trying to accommodate others, I'm very easy going.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I focus more on the realization, the planning phase is easy to me, I can plan and theorize immensely about outcomes but is in the implementation and follow through that I really lack, therefore I put more on energy on that part. Yes I like to have control and I have very high standards.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Most of the time is with other people that I have the most fun. Most memories are of me getting to know someone, connecting and having a fun conversation.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

To research and most of the time I over do it, branch out to other topic and lose my interest.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm not very organized overall. If I'm into cooking I'll organize the kitchen and everything that surrounds that interest but as soon I'm into another thing I just neglect it. Sometimes I'm not very aware of physical things in my house, I just forget they are there. I'm very punctual and hate to disappoint, or make other ppl wait for me.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I first try to accommodate and compare that new idea with my previous ideas, then I try to look for information that is in pro, con and compare those two views.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I make sure everyone is doing fine and belonging for sure. I don't get harmony by being myself, I'm always am myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I talk for the most part and I definitely prefer one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping first. I'm very slow taking action. I don't know if actions speak more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Most of the time I'll stay home, make some excuse.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Angry, frustrated, really anxious. I can't stop my mind.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

They only think about themselves, they don't try to accommodate me even though I do that for them. They want to be listen but don't listen themselves.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Theories, politics, social interactions, psychology.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Feelings.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They see me as weird, risky, quiet, shy, intense, talk to much about things they don't care about. What is wrong is that if I'm quiet is because I don't think they will understand me or that they wouldn't like what I'm thinking, planning. They will never say that I'm extroverted or superficial.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Read, watch movies, listen to music, get to know someone interesting.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see Ti and Ni. Maybe ISTP?

parpas

Interesting, never really considered ISTP. Although I'm not a physical person I'm into cooking, football and I want to surf, even though I'm not very good at those things. Other thing is that ISTPS are considered risk takers, I'm sort of a risk taker. But nonetheless istp seems far-fetched, far-fetched.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting, never really considered ISTP. Although I'm not a physical person I'm into cooking, football and I want to surf, even though I'm not very good at those things. Other thing is that ISTPS are considered risk takers, I'm sort of a risk taker. But nonetheless istp seems far-fetched, far-fetched.

What cognitive functions do you relate too? UGH, stereotypes! Those are all stereotypes, that's not what ISTP's are! Look at the cognitive function model for the IxTPs, you'll se(hehe pun) that ISTP's function wise are not very different from INTPs.

parpas

I've read the functions. I relate to the Ti-Fe axis maybe to Ni a little. I just want to see if maybe someone get a feel, if someone takes the constructivist approach not the associative one. Thanks for responding by the way.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=21999]parpas[/MENTION], Hmm, what about Ni do you relate too? Do you ever get these moods where you become moody, cynical and have a warped sense of self esteem? Do you primarily remember everything you've messed up?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes but aren't those things related more with self-esteem?

Yes, but I've found Ni has something to do with self esteem. ISxPs have tert Ni which can loop with the dom function to create an unhealthy state. I was describing a Fi-Ni loop, which is similar to a Ti-Ni loop.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What cognitive functions do you relate too? UGH, stereotypes! Those are all stereotypes, that's not what ISTP's are! Look at the cognitive function model for the IxTPs, you'll se(hehe pun) that ISTP's function wise are not very different from INTPs.

That's what happens when you see an ISTP as an S and not Dom Ti...lol This gets confused all the time. We don't process any different then an INTP, we just use different perceptions. Se instead of Ne and Ni instead of Si.

INTPs can be into physical stuff just like us ISTP. I know one who plays table tennis and competes in it. LMAO, sorry couldn't help myself...its the truth though.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
IXTP, I'm leaning more towards ISTP because I see some Se

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're definitively an ISTP.

parpas

I just been reading about ISTP and it doesn't seem the way I am. I don't think I have Se as an auxiliary function, I'm definetely not a hands-on, pratical kind of person, the opposite. I'm more into theory. An example to illustrate my point is that I like psychology, what I like the most and spent more time on are Jean Piaget's development theories, the Gestalt movement, Vigotsky, Maturana, etc; The application of these theories is not what keeps me interested and if I really were a hands-on kind of person why would I be interested on Maturana?

Another example, this time on something that maybe involves more "Se", I'm into cooking as of late, I spent 95% of my time researching about types of foods, nutrition, food culture, etc, than actually cooking; I like eating but what I do like more than eating is getting all this knowledge is not actually getting my hands on things. And that's why I've never considered ISTP, is not because I don't know that INTPs and ISTPs only have the middle functions different or because I think sensors are inferior, the reason is that it doesn't make sense to me how an auxiliary or dominiant sensing function fits my experience. Even so, maybe writing on a forum is not adequate in knowing someone's personality. English is not my first language, maybe there's some language barrier or maybe I'm taking Jung's personality theory too seriously.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
It seems that you mix points with intuition, and at some point, at times, another way round. One time I saw your points, and I was like, hey something missing where should I go lol. Something that is missing in the information in your first post that resemble neither at the hardcore fact abiding end, nor at the end that you solely digest your thoughts experience etc looking at your output by already "there I know this" sort of thing. It made me confused.

If you are an INTP, you N might be relatively weak. Or maybe considering INFP too? This is how I went in a cognitive test and the questions are pretty dead on the spot of matters. Maybe you can try that site.

Cognitive Function Test

But then, for me, my ennegram is not the ordinary INTP one, so my result shows more of INFP than INTP. Which should say that I have expected it already, yet the personality description of INFP does not fit well.

Screenshot_2016-05-18-13-51-31.jpg

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also, you can look at these three pictures and see which one you resonate with the most.
tumblr_npdyfwEK1r1tjkvvlo2_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_noiekl0PDx1tjkvvlo2_r3_1280.jpg
ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u4.jpg

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member

I haven't talked to you before and just wanted to say "Welcome" :)

I love surfing. I hope you get to give it a go. Being 'good at' surfing is subjective. I have been at different competitions and hung out with long-time surfers in Hawaii, the US and Mexico. The thing I have realized is that it is one of those endeavours where you 'never stop learning and improving'.

I thought balancing would be the most difficult aspect when I started out. But by far, the most challenging part has been the paddling out. Standing up is not as difficult as it appears, but a LOT of arm strength is required (which I suck at). Plus, the stronger your core the better any physical activity will go (grin).

My ISTP friend isn't a risk taker at all. More the opposite. Are you funny?

parpas

Ok, so I've been reading My true Type (good book by the way): https://www.amazon.com/True-Type-Cl...y true type&qid=1463613159&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

And... everything makes more sense now. I'm pretty sure I'm an IxxP, somewhat sure I'm an INTP but there's a possibility of me being INFP or maybe ISTP. My theory is that I'm repressing Ne and the reason has to do with where I am right now in life and how did I get here. I have a Se family that used to (I don't live with them now) put down my Ne and I kind of don't blame them that much because where I live "Ne" is not appreciated. Right now I'm trying to figure out my life and my future. The problem is that I don't know how to do that with Ne, no one really encouraged me or allowed that I use Ne. As of present what I try to do to solve my problems is imitate the sensors of my life, I try to be grounded and organized but that's just exhausting and is making me feel lost. Also maybe my inferior Fe is taking a little over. Does it makes sense?

That's some of the insight that surged after reading that book and other resources.

Thanks for the help :).

parpas

I haven't talked to you before and just wanted to say "Welcome" :)

I love surfing. I hope you get to give it a go. Being 'good at' surfing is subjective. I have been at different competitions and hung out with long-time surfers in Hawaii, the US and Mexico. The thing I have realized is that it is one of those endeavours where you 'never stop learning and improving'.

I thought balancing would be the most difficult aspect when I started out. But by far, the most challenging part has been the paddling out. Standing up is not as difficult as it appears, but a LOT of arm strength is required (which I suck at). Plus, the stronger your core the better any physical activity will go (grin).

My ISTP friend isn't a risk taker at all. More the opposite. Are you funny?

Haven't started surfing yet, I'm researching researching like crazy. Surf seems simple but is not, every spot is different and there's a specific way to take the waves depending on the beach, location. I live on the caribbean at least I'm lucky that I have many locations to surf and the weather is optimal for surfing.

Am I funny? I think I am, at least I watch a lot of stand up comedy. I'm in love with Louie C.K, he can do no wrong in my book. I like british comedy a lot too. Right now I'm watching Rick and Morty, I recommend it. Also I have an ISFJ girlfriend and I prank her all the time, but our humors are different. To me her humor seems sometimes too forceful, she likes to tickle me and I really hate that sh*t :mad:. To her my humor seems more cruel and hurtful, I have to be careful of not hurting her feelings. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm less funny after being with her, oh well.