• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sounds like INTP to me.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Haven't started surfing yet, I'm researching researching like crazy. Surf seems simple but is not, every spot is different and there's a specific way to take the waves depending on the beach, location. I live on the caribbean at least I'm lucky that I have many locations to surf and the weather is optimal for surfing.

Am I funny? I think I am, at least I watch a lot of stand up comedy. I'm in love with Louie C.K, he can do no wrong in my book. I like british comedy a lot too. Right now I'm watching Rick and Morty, I recommend it. Also I have an ISFJ girlfriend and I prank her all the time, but our humors are different. To me her humor seems sometimes too forceful, she likes to tickle me and I really hate that sh*t :mad:. To her my humor seems more cruel and hurtful, I have to be careful of not hurting her feelings. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm less funny after being with her, oh well.

Yeah! I grew up on a lake but quickly learnt the ocean is a whole 'nother animal. I don't read tide charts so usually get more experienced peeps to "take me under their wing". But, I am guessing that might be harder for a guy?

If the regulars sense you are keen (tho chill) and sincere in interest, it should all be good. Learning etiquette of when to "go" helps too :)

Hmmm, my ISTP friend has an amazing sense of humor. It is "bitingly sharp" and can get him into trouble...but I think he's the funniest person I know. His humor is intelligent. Louis CK is too!

Don't know Rick & Morty. Will look it up - glad you mentioned them.

INTP's can have clever, irreverent humor too :)

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ok, so I've been reading My true Type (good book by the way): https://www.amazon.com/True-Type-Cl...y true type&qid=1463613159&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

And... everything makes more sense now. I'm pretty sure I'm an IxxP, somewhat sure I'm an INTP but there's a possibility of me being INFP or maybe ISTP. My theory is that I'm repressing Ne and the reason has to do with where I am right now in life and how did I get here. I have a Se family that used to (I don't live with them now) put down my Ne and I kind of don't blame them that much because where I live "Ne" is not appreciated. Right now I'm trying to figure out my life and my future. The problem is that I don't know how to do that with Ne, no one really encouraged me or allowed that I use Ne. As of present what I try to do to solve my problems is imitate the sensors of my life, I try to be grounded and organized but that's just exhausting and is making me feel lost. Also maybe my inferior Fe is taking a little over. Does it makes sense?

That's some of the insight that surged after reading that book and other resources.

Thanks for the help :).

Hm, certainly it is not nice that your (Intuitive) senses (Ne) got repressed when everyone muck around so much on facts instead of going through a digestive progress on what the stuff surrounding them actually mean. Maybe as an intuitive type like me, that is more important even though I myself do fully acknowledge their viewpoint of what is it is "just what it is". Too much imbalance means a less bigger picture on both sides. I don't think it's a good idea.

But then, it does not mean that the Ne won't surface if this was always the way that you take on matters outside yourself. I use both at the same time, even though I lean on intuition more. Yours can be a bit different.