• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another questionnaire

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At this point I'm pretty much just testing these for accuracy, plus I love questionnaires, so why not? If you want to type me based on my answers here, it would be cool to see what results I get.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
When I have literally nothing to do, I get really bored, sometimes to the point where I feel like I'm actually losing my sanity. I just feel exhausted. I need to be focused on something at all times. If I'm not, I'll start playing with an object, tapping my foot, etc. Sometimes I even start talking to myself (which I don't normally do).

When I have no responsibilities, I usually feel pretty content and focused. Right now, for example. I don't have anything I really need to do, but I'm on here and I'm working on my book. I'm not really in any certain mood- I just feel like I'm focused on the task at hand.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?

It kinda sucks. Not to be whiney or anything, but what I want is usually the exact opposite of what is possible given my personality, appearance, mannerisms, etc. Like, I want to go on adventures and have a lot of excitement, but I can't because I'm afraid of so many things. I want to get in really good shape and get in touch with my ultra-feminine side, but that's a challenge because I don't have a lot of control over my temptations (for example, food and the desire to sit at home in an oversized tee-shirt doing nothing).

With other people, it could be better. I always end up being that person in a group of friends that everyone jokingly makes fun of (probably because I'm the least likely to start something). I'm also sort of an outsider to any group I join; I'm never at the center of it even though I want to be.

Also I have a lot of big ideas, but I'm not charismatic at all, so I can almost never find people to go along with these ideas. The only person who ever does is my INFP best friend, and even she claims to be too busy half the time.

b. What have others said about you?

I'm quiet
I'm easy to read
I think I'm better than everyone else
I'm annoying
I'm polite
I'm naive
I'm demanding/high maintenance
I'm easygoing/chill
I'm oversensitive
I'm cold
I'm weird/different (used in a negative way)
I'm eclectic/unusual (used in a positive way)
I'm creative
I have my head in the clouds
I'm a dreamer, not a doer
I'm invasive
I don't respect boundaries
I'm too eager to get close to people
I have no sense of right and wrong/I have no morals (a very religious ISTJ said this, to be fair)
I always side with the "wrong" person
I get involved in other people's business
I'm self-centered
I take everything the wrong way
I'm not very passionate
I'm boring
I've also had a lot of people tell me that they didn't like me at first, but that they do now

c. What do you think of yourself?
Meh.
That's really all I think. Meh. I have some good and some bad traits. For some reason, most people dislike me, so I dislike myself sometimes, but I have good traits. I'm nice to everyone I meet. I'm a good writer. I've gone out of my way to help someone more times than I can count.
Honestly, sometimes I see myself as an overgrown older child rather than a 19-year-old woman. It's almost impossible for me to view myself as sexy or appealing. Unless I spend a lot of time on my appearance and wear seductive clothing, I literally feel like an 11-year-old, and that makes it hard for others (and myself) to take me seriously. My opinions are often met by adults with an eye-roll and a condescending "there she goes again" kind of vibe.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
I've never gotten along with my ISTJ mom, and I think that has caused some issues. We have bonded a little over the past year or so through our mutual love for clothes, skincare, crafts, and occasionally making offensive jokes, but as a child I didn't get along with her at all. She has told me the following: I've made her life hell, I'm going to burn in hell, I'm hard to love (after I told her I loved her, when I was like 9 or 10), she hates me, she didn't have a second child because of me, I have problems, etc.

I have been in several unhealthy online relationships. One guy I met online manipulated me into sending inappropriate pics by telling me he was suicidal. Before this, I was literally incapable of cutting anyone out of my life. Even if someone I barely knew blocked me on facebook, I would obsessively make new accounts and beg them to unblock me. I don't do this anymore, and I cut off all communication with people at the first sign of something being "off."

]4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Being social and charismatic. Even if I put on a bright smile and loudly say "have a good day!" or "Hi, how are you?" to someone, it just comes off as being forced. I feel like other people can always sense how uncomfortable I am in these situations, no matter how hard I try to hide it.

I also can't be formal. I dread addressing people to begin with (I usually avoid using people's names), but having to add titles and formalities is something I just can't do.

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Being more decisive, more practical, and less likely to take things personally.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

I leave people if I get a creepy or manipulative vibe from them. I also stop talking to people if I get the feeling that they feel bad for me or think I'm weird/awkward. In some cases, a very strong disagreement will cause me to end a friendship, but this has only happened a few times.
People usually leave me because I'm clingy. Other times they just sort of stop talking to me and I never know why.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

6. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them. (1 the most. 9 the least)

7- to be "okay", having it together
1- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
8- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
6- to be knowlegeable
4- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.
5- to be accomplished and successful
9- to strive to become/behave like a good person
2- to be a loveable person
3- to be loving and benevolent

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

9- I must do everything to maintain my world
2- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
3- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
7- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
6- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
4- People have wronged and messed with me
5- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
8- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
1- I've had a sense of being rejectible

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Fear of making mistakes or being wrong, especially in front of other people. I will leave an answer blank on a test rather than writing a random guess. I also avoid answering questions in school unless I am 100% sure of the answer.

Fear of being alone in a time of vulnerability, like when I get a lot of anxiety. This is what has caused me to stay in unhealthy relationships for far too long, because I'm afraid that I won't be able to find someone else to help me overcome my fears and calm down when I'm panicking.

Fear of being hated by everyone. It has always been very important to me that I am liked.

Fear of being seen as extremely incompetent, slow, or mentally challenged.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem accurately typed as is.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, I'd say that you are accurately typed

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which one fits you the best?

1) X intuition generates new possibilities, synthesizes abstract ideas and picks up on connections in the external environment. X intuition is capable of entertaining multiple contradictory ideas simultaneously as it sees almost every side to every situation. It is predominantly a future-oriented function that examines all the possibilities of what could happen next.
People who lead with x intuition are usually excitable, entrepreneurial and highly creative. They intrinsically enjoy debating ideas, exploring various interests and they view almost everything in life as a challenge. They are constantly thinking about what to do or experience next, but have a difficult time sticking with just one idea or plan long-term.

2) Y intuition forms a framework of how the world works based on thorough, abstract analysis of past and current events. It aims to identify the ‘essence’ of ideas, theories, people and situations in order to fit them into a larger schema. Y intuition is a forward thinking function that seeks to identify the optimal or most likely outcome of future events.
People who lead with Y intuition are usually intense, focused and highly perceptive of inconsistencies that arise in their external environment. They enjoy riddles, puzzles and wordplay. They often experience ‘hunches’ or ‘aha’ moments that they may identify as epiphanies.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) X intuition generates new possibilities, synthesizes abstract ideas and picks up on connections in the external environment. X intuition is capable of entertaining multiple contradictory ideas simultaneously as it sees almost every side to every situation. It is predominantly a future-oriented function that examines all the possibilities of what could happen next.

Well, I'm definitely future-oriented, but I don't really understand what you mean by "generates new possibilities" or "connections in the external environment." Do you have an example of this?
What I mean about me being future-oriented is that I spend a lot of time thinking about my plans for the future, both short-term and long-term. For me, having nothing to look forward to is equivalent to having no purpose in life. These future plans can be anything from career goals (I spend a lot of time daydreaming about being a successful, famous writer, for example) to status/identity goals (when I get the urge to "reinvent" myself and get excited about changing my wardrobe/hair/makeup) to weekend plans. Does that sound like x intuition?

Although I can see multiple sides to a lot of issues, I usually choose not to. I have a tendency to be pretty biased, even if I don't show it at all. For example, I understand why some parents are strict and harsh with their children, but I don't think that reason justifies it.

People who lead with x intuition are usually excitable, entrepreneurial and highly creative. They intrinsically enjoy debating ideas, exploring various interests and they view almost everything in life as a challenge. They are constantly thinking about what to do or experience next, but have a difficult time sticking with just one idea or plan long-term.

Excitable? Yes, but I don't express it very well. Entrepreneurial? I've never been described that way. Highly creative? Sure, but I keep 95% of that creativity to myself.
I enjoy discussing, but not debating. After I've made my point and said what I wanted to say about an issue, it feels sort of exhausting if someone challenges my POV. In my opinion, having a quick wit or good debating skills doesn't make someone right, so why waste time debating?
I like to explore an interest if something sparks it. Usually this is some form of media (TV, movie, etc.) I've changed career goals several times (I jumped from criminal justice to social work to English to legal to paralegal- and almost back to criminal justice) mainly due to media that got me excited about each one. Despite this, I don't usually have a lot of interests at once. I pretty much always have one primary interest and sort of ignore everything else.
I don't know if I view everything in life as a challenge. I am very competitive, so maybe?

2) Y intuition forms a framework of how the world works based on thorough, abstract analysis of past and current events. It aims to identify the ‘essence’ of ideas, theories, people and situations in order to fit them into a larger schema. Y intuition is a forward thinking function that seeks to identify the optimal or most likely outcome of future events.

This sort of sounds like me as well. I base most of my decisions (especially decisions regarding people) on past experiences. I see connections between how people look/act/sound and what kind of people they generally are. Some people call that stereotyping, but I think it's just having decent observational skills. When I walk in a room, I choose to sit next to the girl with no makeup and loose clothing over the one who looks perfect, because I know which one I am more likely to relate to.

People who lead with Y intuition are usually intense, focused and highly perceptive of inconsistencies that arise in their external environment. They enjoy riddles, puzzles and wordplay. They often experience ‘hunches’ or ‘aha’ moments that they may identify as epiphanies.

I'm terrible at riddles, but I love puzzles and wordplay. I have hunches all the time, and they usually tell me whether I should trust a person or keep my guard up. I don't really have epiphanies though. I notice inconsistencies pretty often; a lot of times I'm the first to notice a change in someone's appearance or something being moved out of place in a room.
I guess I'm focused, but I'm also easily distracted. I would describe myself as intense.

I don't know which one I can relate to more :/