• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Falling inbetween types

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
In the past years I found much inspiration of the MBTI type descriptions and the tests that came with it.

I am really reluctant to admit how much inspiration I drew from that. I'd say, really lot.

Now I asked my wife which xNTx types I would fit in. I made her watch 4 videos on the premise I'll evaluate her if she so wishes, and she will evaluate me. And she wished. I thought it would be awkward or terrible or something but she really took enjoyment of it, and I ended up evaluating her fitness to type as well. It took a good hour, but I'm an ENTP to her, where I believed to be an ENTJ. She became INTJ to me.

I must say this ENTP diagnosis brings some sadness to me. I would have wished to be more organized.

What do you guys think?

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just because you're an ENTJ, doesn't necessarily mean you're super organized. Just because you're ENTP, doesn't mean you're super messy and disorganized. ENTJ and ENTP have different functions, so to evaluate yourself and better understand the differences between those types I would read up on their cognitive functions rather than judge the J vs P on organization skills. ENTP and ENTJ are actually different from eachother despite the one letter off. ENTP: Ne - Ti - Fe - Si. ENTJ: Te - Ni - Se - Fi.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you ask your wife for an explanation on your typing? J/P dichotomy is not about organization, it's about whether your dominant function is a perceiving or judging function(more so for extroverts).

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Did you ask your wife for an explanation on your typing? J/P dichotomy is not about organization, it's about whether your dominant function is a perceiving or judging function(more so for extroverts).
She agreed to Michael Pierce's description of ENTP in 18 parts of 20, whereas only 7 parts of 20 to his description of the ENTJ.

Moreover, a half a year later, I asked her to do an MBTI test with me. It placed my J-P at 53% , meaning, 3% towards P. This is of little significance, but she thinks of me more of something who excites rather than something who plans.