• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi or Fe

Thank you

• Fi

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Fe

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Really tired so I wont write much right now but just wondering from general impressions do I seem more Fi or Fe. Dont want to say much as I dont want to bias it any more with anything till I gather a bit of raw data.

Position if you have any idea would be cool too.

Anyways. Just going to make a poll and leave this here and log off and relax for a bit.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Why Fe might I ask?

---- and

Just a bump before bed.

I dont necessarily mean to imply that I am a 'feeler'- I could be ENTJ for all I know- just wanting to know where my F is and what exactly it is. I mean. Ok. So. Im gunna add some stuff here quick- odd thing is I dont know if/how much Im going to expand- I need to find a good chunk of time to do that. But anyways. so makes me seem Fe I think and w1 Fi and then theres that 9 muddling it all. So yeah.

Yep.

Just 'bump'.

Now bed. Good night.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't think Fe would be a popular contender. If you do have Fe, it's lower Fe and the campiness that comes with it. I voted Fi but I'm really split.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I used to think INFP but now I see where people are getting Fe. Fe makes sense. I think you're still a 9w1 and an introvert.

The expressiveness...the nature of the threads you've started...all the appreciation, "let's come together and do this" kind of thing. Vent instigator. Seems quite Fe to me. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP, whatever that is.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
So can also seem like fe. Just throwing that out there as well.

Nothing against Fe really. Its possible. But I am much less Fe in real life unfortunately- than I am on this forum. Comfort levels perhaps could explain that though.

Anyone want to contribute an MBTI type to that then though.

Though. As I said... 1 can perhaps look Fi-y. As so can look Fe-y.

Im a 9 though for sure pretty sure. Anyone says Im a 6 and Ill bite em. Like a true 9.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh and is it bad that this thread is making me actually sorta uncomfortable...

I swear every time I start one of these I end up... Not regretting it but... Yeah. Its like being the star of a broadway play- everyones watching and judging- but high personal pay out at the end of it.

Always good to get new info.

Am interested to hear what [MENTION=10786]Swivelinglight[/MENTION]s says since weve talked over the phone as well.

(Although I have skype called some of the rest of you as well- this was just me him and someone else-more-private I suppose)

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
So can also seem like fe. Just throwing that out there as well.

and No can also seem like te.

Just kidding. I think you're an Ne user. That boils down to sj of some sort or np. So the question of Fe/Fi is really a question of Si/Ne. I think Ne>Si in you so I'm going with NFP.

two thoughts:
Always good to get new info.
Not true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_overload

I experienced this first hand when I asked Oaky to explain the functions to me (for the 100th time), and he asked me to explain it to him. After explaining he said I knew already. Sometimes new information doesn't help. You have to process the information you already have, and acknowledge new information won't do squat. Information overload also seems to be a common problem for Ne users. They think finding that new facet of an object will solve their problems; until it goes into the bin with all the rest of the previous facets.

Other thing.

I don't know you extremely well so take this with a grain of salt (ofc not the part of information overload. I know you well enough to recommend that).

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
and No can also seem like te.

Just kidding. I think you're an Ne user. That boils down to sj of some sort or np. So the question of Fe/Fi is really a question of Si/Ne. I think Ne>Si in you so I'm going with NFP.

Mm yeah. I tend to prefer enneagream. More room for flexibility really and it doesnt tend to freak me out identity crisis wise because of it. And its funner to have the freedom to expland- explain energy/development levels- account for level of health. Play with tritype flavors.

Socionics is something Im still looking into really. But I do think fhat it potentially does have more merit to it than the... Catch me if you can and then never let me go, sit me to gather dust on your trophy case- mbti types.

But still yeah. Yaeh.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Mm yeah. I tend to prefer enneagream. More room for flexibility really and it doesnt tend to freak me out identity crisis wise because of it. And its funner to have the freedom to expland- explain energy/development levels- account for level of health. Play with tritype flavors.

Socionics is something Im still looking into really. But I do think fhat it potentially does have more merit to it than the... Catch me if you can and then never let me go- mbti types.

If not knowing your type, or even temporarily believing you're a certain type, results in identity crisis. My number one suggestion is to get the hell away from MBTI. Been there done that. MBTI is not meant for that. In the 21st century it's a pop culture phenomenon nothing more. I suggest looking at this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/general-psychology/83399-whats-identity.html

And pay attention to the first couple of minutes in the part that I linked to. Pay attention to what the neuroscientist has to say about the different identity roles we have.
Then realize MBTI is completely incompatible with that view.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're Fe, very Fe.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're Fe, very Fe.

Nah. Im just happy and nice generally... Or at least Im trying to be. But I really want to be good and not think in the back of my mind that Im a horrible person. That could be w1 tho.

I mean. Not saying Im not Fe but...that could
Be the motivations of many different types for different reasons.

Ah I need to stay away from typing myself I think. Listen to swiv. Its never a good thing when I start trying. Get all discombobulated.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Socionics is something Im still looking into really. But I do think fhat it potentially does have more merit to it than the... Catch me if you can and then never let me go, sit me to gather dust on your trophy case- mbti types.

But still yeah. Yaeh.

Pick one:

He feels well the possibilities of other people watching them from aside, specifically unknown ones, he can mark people possessing interesting abilities among other people. He strives to establish good relations with interesting people on a close distance, to show favor to them.

He finds the way out of various situations having mastered the vision of hidden opportunities, by establishing good relations or developing a positive public opinion.

Possesses generally accepted notions of power influence, pressure, demonstrating power qualities. He builds interrelations and correlations based on personal experience. This is why he is extremely sensitive to the criticism of analytic capabilities, feels difficulty when facing unknown logical schemes.

He tries to reach such extent of influence in the society, which corresponds to his norms of image. He realizes this by personal concepts of intellect, of logical interconnections.

He is attracted by the information of concrete organization of space, of comfortable atmosphere around him. He would like to believe that he can choose rather effective methods of work, organize the process, improve it, change the succession of operations. He needs this skill to be appreciated.

Unconsciously he is activated when it is necessary to create comfort around himself by organizing the execution of work of any kind, demonstrating business activity.

Individual program of creating concrete positive events, positive changes. It is realized by unconscious creating the corresponding state (emotions, feelings, mood, senses) both for himself and those around him.

He perceives the world as an ongoing succession of events and changes which he always endows with deep meaning. He is specifically inclined to mark the events that have universal or life-changing character. He can precisely estimate the direction and development of events taking into account general tendencies, as well as specifics of the situation.

In situations, which may bring about worsening of emotional atmosphere and lowering the moods, he tries to prevent such worsening by all means. In such cases he creates for himself and those around him cheerful climate as an antidote. His main slogan sounds: never loose your heart, even in the most difficult situations.

The methods of eliminating discomfort, creating convenience, understanding the esthetics of forms and proportions are based on acquired knowledge. The knowledge is either obtained in the process of education or borrowed from trusted persons. It is difficult for him to create an esthetic product which would meet non-standard requirements.

His approaches to concrete practical activity are peculiar, and they do not always correspond to commonly accepted practices. He does not notice this incongruity, it is also difficult for him to correlate his methods of work with the methods of other people. Criticizing of his practical abilities, business qualities, and the choice of methods and instruments could be unpleasant to him.

He is attracted by the information about power-related aspects of life, particularly, concrete methods of protecting his living space, his interests. He feels lack of skills and information in the ways of protection and asserting himself.

He would like to boast with his analytical skills. He needs appreciation of this ability.

He is unconsciously activated when it becomes necessary to employ his analytical, logical faculties, specifically, when it leads to strengthening of his esteem.

He is a naturally shrewd person grasping immediate meaning of things and phenomena. In different situations he easily copes up with the tasks which require making a choice among several options. He can grasp the positive side of persons or events. He is flexible and extensively makes use of his inherent ability to engage in and support relations with people. He spontaneously maintains his relationships, paying only occasional attention to them.

He sees the world as a society of interesting personalities connected by a thin network of mutual sympathies and antipathies. He views and estimates everything in his own manner by his attitude to the object (person) and by the attitude that the object (person) arouses in the close surrounding. He sees the attitudes in their development; he has a fine appreciation of details and nuances of the attitude to himself and to the object of his interest. He does not understand negative attitude, feels himself lost in the situations of negative attitudes and tries to avoid them by all means.

He sees internal inclinations, abilities and motivations of persons. He can find a justification for practically any negative deed and see positive in the negative. He corrects his attitude depending on the changes of the perception of internal contents of the object (person). In his striving not to harm relations he can demonstrate remarkable tact and ingenuity so as not to allow even a hint of bad attitude.

Possesses generally accepted concepts of concrete logical systems, structures, social hierarchy. The existence of generally accepted concrete social order to be observed in accepted as inevitable necessity.

Exercises willful pressure, using forced methods based exclusively on personal experience. When required, he can defend his understanding of logics, correct consequences, structure, theory, trying to force the opponent to accept his point of view.

However, he feels difficulty when it is necessary to use such pressure; he is oversensitive to the criticism of volitional powers and the necessity to demonstrate violence.

He is attracted by any information on the practical side of activity, qualities and parameters of objects, on optimal organization of activity as a whole, on tendencies of technology development. He organizes his own practical activity exclusively proceeding from the individual experience assimilated.

He would like to believe that he possesses a good taste, can organize the surrounding space and create a comfortable atmosphere. He needs the appreciation of this skill.

He has personal habits in mood demonstration and changes. In various situations, he gives heart himself and others by suitable skills. In everyday life he uses spontaneous skill to estimate the nearest development of events, the inherited feeling of horizon which allows avoiding negative scenarios of the situation development.

Fine and elaborated emotions are the corner stone of his life. This type has good understanding of positive and finely detailed emotional states (emotions, feelings) either his own or other person's at close psychological range. He can see shades and fine details of positive emotional states and can model emotions in different situations or moments. Creates emotionally uplifted and often wound-up atmosphere for himself and his close environment.

It is typical of him to draw attention of other people to imminent troubles, hardships or inauspicious events. He perceives and interprets events as phenomena of global meaning and scale. Can assume tragic and warning tones in assessment of events. Has a tendency to see deep links and interdependency of events, far-reaching consequences, which have importance in the emotional context. Tries to avoid mistakes which might have negative consequences and warns others against committing such mistakes.

This type has common notions about professional or technical side of activities of his interest. In his work prefers to firmly stick to the knowledge and techniques he has learned from competent sources and suspects the same attitude in other people.

His understanding of comfort and discomfort as well as aesthetics, sensory bodily perceptions is based only on his personal notion. He has difficulties in correlating his understanding in this matter with the generally accepted notions. That causes his irritated and painful reactions when people make remarks regarding his lack of skills in questions of general comfort or aesthetics. Tries to implement his own, deeply individual, often inadequate understanding of aesthetics for practical purposes. Can have an inculcated notion that one must overcome pain of work and efforts to have decent looks.

He is attracted by different theories and conceptual constructs of various kinds. Examples of clear logical thinking win his attention and inspire him although his own analytical capabilities are limited to the level of individual understanding. Judges information which requires analytical competence based on subjective and deeply individual opinions and preferences. Cannot correlate his understanding with the commonly accepted one. Can have exaggerated reactions to criticism of his analytical skills.

A representative of this type believes himself to be capable to protect himself, his opinions and resist aggression defending his life space. He typically needs and seeks a positive feedback, positive assessment of his protective capabilities. Unconsciously gets inspired by an idea or possibility to show his best when defending some cause. He is flattered by being presented as a champion, standard-bearer or defender of a just cause, protector of dear persons or values.

Has generally satisfactory relationships with people. Has no problems handling his likes or dislikes based on acquired experience and personal needs. The process of forming of the interpersonal relationships for him is mainly a coincidence of individual factors and preferences.

Usually he has a well developed capability to unconsciously sense positive potential of things, people and events and he uses this ability in his life.