• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

can ENTP/INTP be mistyped as ESFP?

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
So I've taken the myers-briggs test multiple times over the years and it consistently came out with INTP/ENTP and with much deliberation over the years I decided on ENTP (I thought my tendency for ideas and possibilities outweigh me processing those things).

But! I saw this on a forum and decided to take it. Both times it came out as ESFP. What?! I started reading about Se and maaaybe could have seen it being mistaken for Ne.

Is there anyway ENTP can ever correlate with ESFP? Shadow functions and whatnot? <--I'm just guessing here

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about your enneagram? What other types have you tested as?

Also do a socioncs test

Adfectus

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't trust that one at all. I got ESFP and that's far from the truth. LOL :shrug:

I don't see how it's even possible to type people based on the way you type a sentence...
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] did you do the test?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I've taken the myers-briggs test multiple times over the years and it consistently came out with INTP/ENTP and with much deliberation over the years I decided on ENTP (I thought my tendency for ideas and possibilities outweigh me processing those things).

But! I saw this on a forum and decided to take it. Both times it came out as ESFP. What?! I started reading about Se and maaaybe could have seen it being mistaken for Ne.

Is there anyway ENTP can ever correlate with ESFP? Shadow functions and whatnot? <--I'm just guessing here

Just figure out your functions and you'll know!!! MBTI is about cognitive functions, not 4 letter words!

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't trust that one at all. I got ESFP and that's far from the truth. LOL :shrug:

I don't see how it's even possible to type people based on the way you type a sentence...
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] did you do the test?

HJG5vo2.png

I guess it will learn more as more data gets into the system, however, the problem is how accurate is the data? :thinking:

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
my enneagram is a 7 (i'm not quite set on my wings yet).

The thing is both ENTP and ESFP fall into:
* Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP)

The difference between them being Rational/Theorist (Abstract and Pragmatic) vs. Artisan/Improviser (Concrete and Pragmatic)

and I've started watching a lot of ESFP in interviews and I seem to have the same body language and eye movements as them (touching my face a lot, hold my hands together, fidgeting. ala Denzel Washington for example).

I'll do the socionics test now :D

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

aren't INTJ more similar to ESFP than people think. Just reversed ordering of functions?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

aren't INTJ more similar to ESFP than people think. Just reversed ordering of functions?

That's my impression as well, however your Enneagram is e7? Why did you create a profile with it stating as 4w5? If you're satisfied with being an e7, then I guess you could be ESFP after all.

Do you like to challenge people, are you not afraid of what you say?

Adfectus

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=27725]chobus[/MENTION] I wouldn't say so. ESFPs are going to be so much more outgoing and adventurous than INTJs would be. INTJs are also known to be very introspective and gravitate towards subjects like philosophy, which stereotypically bores ESFPs. I have an INTJ and ESFP friend and if they're put in the same room together I'm pretty sure a volcano would erupt. The INTJ would start questioning the ESFPs life choices while the ESFP would start accusing him of being too uptight etc.

Things like enneagram always changes things though

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
That's my impression as well, however your Enneagram is e7? Why did you create a profile with it stating as 4w5? If you're satisfied with being an e7, then I guess you could be ESFP after all.

yeah it was from a little while ago i think. But i'm pretty sure about e7.
I don't mind challenging people, more inquisitively than to get a rise out of them. I love discussing (not debating) for the sake of just looking at things from different perspectives (a dialectic approach) but at the same time I don't like creating conflict. I'm kinda conflating ENTP ESFP traits here....
[MENTION=27707]Adfectus[/MENTION] what about ENTP and ESFP tho. I can't find anything online relating the two but when I consider Ne and Se as their dominant functions, I feel like I can relate with both, hence the confusion. I tried dividing myself into abstract v. concrete thinking but I think I do both as depending on certain situations as well.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22064]ExNinjaTropPervertie[/MENTION] had the same thing happening.

Adfectus

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=27725]chobus[/MENTION] here is an ENTP or INTP Test

I would honestly disregard what the test you linked in the OP stated, as I don't believe it was truly accurate with enough viable information to support it. I'd go with what you've been getting all along from more reliable sources.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

nope

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That test is an absolute nonsense... No idea how anyone could believe it, maybe you're really not a Ti type :shrug:

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
That test is an absolute nonsense... No idea how anyone could believe it, maybe you're really not a Ti type :shrug:

haha orrr, maybe I justified it a number of ways :D
1. I looked at body language of famous ENTPs v. ESFPs
2. I compared what a dominant Ne vs. Se looks like. There are a lot of similarities. (Plus I think everyone sits on a scale. Just because you perceive intuitively doesn't mean that you won't take in sensory data either)
3....that's as far as I got haha

....maybe I am an ENTP and my Ne is overrunning everything. I saw those results ca my brain freaked out at the implications. oh all the wasted years :cry:

...buuut maybe ESFP because Se notices a bunch of data and interprets it with the unsophisticated 3rd function Te (apparently Fi-the auxiliary function gets skipped often because it's an introverted function)

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
for you guys that have taken the test, what do you think of it measuring you typing pattern for a sentence with structure vs. without any related words. Do you think certain cognitive functions correlate to more proficiency in either one of those assessments?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm afraid of what YOU say :Ti: !!

For info -and if I can help with that_I turn my "INTJ side" when I feel bad. The 1st feeling is : people don't respect my choices/space/integrity.

If I keep on feeling such bubbles inside my head I'll be a bit/a lot paranoid... :whacko: That's the Ni used in an inappropriate way.

Discovering myself as ESFP helped me knowing much more some of my boundaries, and to bang doors when I must do it.

[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] is quite good at challenging ESFP. :woot: (ESFP = Especially French people)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah it was from a little while ago i think. But i'm pretty sure about e7.
I don't mind challenging people, more inquisitively than to get a rise out of them. I love discussing (not debating) for the sake of just looking at things from different perspectives (a dialectic approach) but at the same time I don't like creating conflict. I'm kinda conflating ENTP ESFP traits here....
[MENTION=27707]Adfectus[/MENTION] what about ENTP and ESFP tho. I can't find anything online relating the two but when I consider Ne and Se as their dominant functions, I feel like I can relate with both, hence the confusion. I tried dividing myself into abstract v. concrete thinking but I think I do both as depending on certain situations as well.

That sounds more ESFP to me. "Just looking at things from different perspectives".
I love keeping options open and observing as well. Do you consider to have that quality of deep observation ?
Can you protect yourself with humour but feel deep inside the seriousness of life ?

ENTP and ENTJ love debating. I have realised debating and looking to be right isn't my thing.
I prefer a dialectic approach. Carpe diem. I don't give a damn about truth because there 100 ways to see different truths.

I love philosophy if I find it pragmatical enough and I think some SP enjoy it too, so be careful about "what people say", "that book said that ESFP don't like...."
Trust your senses and "observing process ";)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That test (to me) is nonsense. The only way to analyse things through writing is graphology. Behind a computer and depending on the language that is pure illusion, a funny joke, a trick.

Forget it !

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ESFP does not mean someone in your face that can't stfu. So what if you're ESFP? doesn't make you less intelligent no matter what the N's say I'm ISFP it took me years to accept it because i am not a stereotype of it for a long time SFP on this forum meant really fucking stupid so when someone would suggest xSFP to me i'd immediatly wonder if they were calling me stupid. I'm not very smart but what i'm saying is there's tons of extremely smart ESFPs and not all of them are in your face and annoying like the stereotype claims. In fact i'd say those people have other issues going on that has nothing to do with type. So I dunno, your type maybe you are ENTP/INTP but please consider that maybe you want to be that but you're not. in truth it probably doesn't matter too much, no one on here can tell you your type and if they do punch them. well don't actually punch them, but tell them to STFU they can give suggestions but if someone says you are defiently xxxx ask them, "How did you get inside my brain? because that's pretty fucking impressive"