• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

can ENTP/INTP be mistyped as ESFP?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha orrr, maybe I justified it a number of ways :D
1. I looked at body language of famous ENTPs v. ESFPs
2. I compared what a dominant Ne vs. Se looks like. There are a lot of similarities. (Plus I think everyone sits on a scale. Just because you perceive intuitively doesn't mean that you won't take in sensory data either)
3....that's as far as I got haha

....maybe I am an ENTP and my Ne is overrunning everything. I saw those results ca my brain freaked out at the implications. oh all the wasted years :cry:

...buuut maybe ESFP because Se notices a bunch of data and interprets it with the unsophisticated 3rd function Te (apparently Fi-the auxiliary function gets skipped often because it's an introverted function)

1. Body language is not a legit typing method imho.
2. Ne and Se are both extroverted perceiving functions which mean that both types take most information from the environment. Se concentrates on what is present, what is there, what it can see, smell, touch etc... Ne concentrates on what could be present and generates ideas based on the enviroment, has a sense for "pregnant" things, that than could potentially develope and grow.
- Of course intutives use sensing functions just as sensors use intuition. Ne is backed up with Si and Ni is backed up with Se. Se users use Ni and Si users use Ne...One cannot exist without the other.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
for you guys that have taken the test, what do you think of it measuring you typing pattern for a sentence with structure vs. without any related words. Do you think certain cognitive functions correlate to more proficiency in either one of those assessments?

I am self typed as INFP and I got ESTP from that test...it's completely off

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think if you take the opposite type of your result from that test then you would probably get your true type:laugh:!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
ENTP typing ESFP, maybe. INTP/ESFP sounds highly improbable.

chobus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
ESFP does not mean someone in your face that can't stfu. So what if you're ESFP? doesn't make you less intelligent no matter what the N's say I'm ISFP it took me years to accept it because i am not a stereotype of it for a long time SFP on this forum meant really fucking stupid so when someone would suggest xSFP to me i'd immediatly wonder if they were calling me stupid. I'm not very smart but what i'm saying is there's tons of extremely smart ESFPs and not all of them are in your face and annoying like the stereotype claims. In fact i'd say those people have other issues going on that has nothing to do with type. So I dunno, your type maybe you are ENTP/INTP but please consider that maybe you want to be that but you're not. in truth it probably doesn't matter too much, no one on here can tell you your type and if they do punch them. well don't actually punch them, but tell them to STFU they can give suggestions but if someone says you are defiently xxxx ask them, "How did you get inside my brain? because that's pretty fucking impressive"

yeah I actually was using this to analyze some of my writing and I've noticed anything from my school days test really high intuitively and for thinking. I've been reading some Jung theory and read that behaviours manifestations are simply personas or faces that we learn to put on but that aren't necessarily a reflection of cognitive process. Maybe INTP was "learned" from the environment I was in. (I started in social science but proactively put myself through economics and poli sci for work purposes).

@inis moda I don't think it's a perfect method either. But just visually and through people dynamics with each other I can see emerging patterns if I start watching youtube videos of similar types. I tried looking at interviews with Conan/Fallon/Kimmel and how different types got along with them. (Denzel/Di Caprio vs. Jon Stewart/Scorsese for example).

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It just typed me as a conservative male ESFP. :rotfl:

Estelia

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xwx
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That test was completely off, I definitely would not go by those results. Also, rather than reading about generalizations of ENTP vs ESFP I would take a cognitive function test (celebrity types is a pretty good one imo) and really study the cognitive functions until you come to a conclusion. Most of the MBTI tests could be inaccurate. I don't see how you could confuse ESFP and ENTP, I believe they have totally different functions in their stack.. If you see yourself relating to Se and Ne dom, why don't you try exploring the rest of the functions such as Ti vs Fi (ESFP aux is Fi, and ENTP aux is Ti), etc. Don't even pay attention to the 4 letter crap, just study the functions and I'm sure you will find a result.