• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "Can you type me?" Thread

Eunoia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and hopefully somebody would be so kind to help me figure out my type. Pardon me if I may have a bit pessimistic answers, I'm in such a low point of my life right now and I feel like I'm on the verge of finally figuring out my path on this world.

Moving back, any comments and inputs would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking your time to read this.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I can relate most to a particular type but I won't disclose it yet to avoid bias conclusions (hope that is alright). But after much interest to know more about MBTI and cognitive functions in general, reading over a profusion of articles daunted me a bit. I've learned that there are certain degree on how the functions seem more vivid or stronger, depending on their position on the stack that somehow certain descriptions and definitions made me feel like I can relate to other types as well. I took key2cognition test as well. Though it's one of the most recognized MBTI online tests, I don't think I'm the best person to vouch for the accuracy of my result.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I truly yearn for finding my real purpose and essence in life. I don't desire to conceive something on an ambitious scale, but I want to make an important contribution and impact to society. I am very keen in helping others whenever I can, but I don't mean that I'm a "save humanity" type of advocate. I do want to start from something small because I believe that if I can do even just a simple act and reach out to very specific people, perhaps somehow, it leaves a significant impact to the world as well--and from there, something great could erupt. For instance, I love listening and consoling people. It's one of my weaknesses and my real transports of delight to make others feel better whenever they feel down, or even if they just need someone to vent out their feelings and apprehensions. Without prevarications, I am more than glad to help out and reach out to others just because it pleasures me to. If possible, I would want to engage into this kind of endeavor.

Also, I also want to have my own family in the future. In consistency for my previous notion, I don't think living in a lavish kind of lifestyle is a prerequisite for my ideal vision of family life. I value the relationship that I may have on my future partner and children more, and the unconditional love and guidance I can give to them.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Rarely do I feel fine lately.. But I can recall the time wherein I felt like I contributed something with real value and I was able to share my knowledge on a particular situation. I felt excellent during this particular time because it is one of my joys to be able to impart something valuable when I know that I can. When I do contribute something (especially my knowledge on something), it makes me feel distinguished even if no reward or acknowledgement would be given to me. And I hate being put in that kind of spotlight to be honest, just to know that I was able to contribute and help out others, and somebody appreciated my effort, that is more than enough for me already.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when some people underestimate me (most especially my intellect) and won't give me a chance because they tend to be so prejudiced to judge me based on physical appearance alone (no brag intended, sorry!). I don't see myself as a highly intellectual person, but when people assume that all my interests include fashion, beauty and other girly things (not that I'm saying that there is something wrong to be interested on these things), I feel so offended. My previous work colleagues didn't expect me to be what I really am and what I can do, because they judged me outright.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always consider the effect to majority and the consensus of people that would be involved on that particular decision. Or if it's on a personal scale, I would still seek approval from people that would somehow be affected of my decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When working on a project, I would want for it to be as impeccable as I can and to be able to achieve the objectives given in totality. I usually polish a certain project as much as I can, scrutinize everything and ensure that there wouldn't be loopholes and is error-free as much as possible.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I was conversing with my older relatives about my feelings, plans and life in general. I felt joyful in the sense that despite my presumption that nobody would listen to me anymore, that nobody would accept me anymore, and that nobody understands me, there they are, willing to listen and embrace my flaws. Really, just accept me for who I was, and for who I really am. They just made me feel loved. After divulging my innermost feelings to them (and crying), we just had a lot of fun: bonding and making japes at each other. It's like an explosion of emotions. Going from zero to absolute euphoria.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Hmm. I think I'm geared towards completely understanding a concept/topic. I would seek inner principles and would tend to ask the "why's and how's" to comprehend more. I would learn and understand better if I know the underlying factors on what makes this certain method [idea] effective [acceptable]. Sometimes (if applicable), I would also reflect if I can relate to an idea as well, or if it could be applied on the particular situation. I could memorize in verbatim, only if I have understood the concept first. However, I don't think I actually need to exercise/practise something for me to be able to grasp the idea.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I tend to be messy on things that I don't really pay attention to, or to things that I think would not really benefit me significantly. To be more specific, I don't really fix my bed because I'm usually in a rush on mornings and I think that my time would be better spent on other more important activities. My closet could also be a prime illustration of entropy. But my files, books and other documents are sorted properly. I also tend to make budgets and schedules; somehow they act as reminders, and enable me to forecast things accurately.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I always try to understand the underlying meaning. If I think that there is still a need to, I would also look for proven information and reliable sources.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The former. I know that I can always adjust if needed and I think I'm not that bold to stand my ground and compete with the majority. I just care too much about other people that I always put them first above myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I prefer one-on-one communication because I know I would be more comfortable to voice out my thoughts. Contrary, I don't like group discussions/meetings wherein I would be expected to speak immediately. I always process my thoughts first, gathering information before coming up with a desired statement. Hence, it's not helpful when I would be asked and would be expected to answer promptly especially when I'm in the presence of a lot of people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I would like to think carefully and assess possible consequences before I decide on something. With the second question, I'm sorry if I may have different thoughts on this. Firstly, in the sense that I know I could relay and interpret my thoughts better through words (writing, most specifically). And sometimes, people act too much but cannot put *meaning* or definite label on what they are doing; sometimes it could lead to ambiguous definitions and various interpretations--it could be deceitful. Yet, I know that some ideas/notions would be more effective if put into action (e.g. statutes, Economic principles, etc.).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Eh. I'd probably decline. I'm not really interested in night outs or going out in particular. Besides, why the sudden decision to hang out? Spontaneous adventures could appeal me sometimes but not this time because I already have a plan beforehand--which is to watch my favorite show. Haha! Unless it's an emergency, I'd decline them nicely.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Ugh. This may sound ugly. WARNING!

When my predicament involves other people: I tend to act a bit manipulative :unsure:. I mean not in a literal way, but I play out a role wherein I act on a way that I know I would be able to get my desired outcome. I appear as if I take all the blame or I self-pity but in fact I just want them to listen to my side in the most subtle way (if I may say so). I also tend to lash out easily on the slightest provocations, which I don't normally do because I dislike offending someone on purpose.

However, when it's just a personal problem: I sometimes think as if I've lost all hope and just want to *end everything*. I would blame *the universe* and ask why it always throws the worst possible scenarios to me. I tend to seek out moral support as if to entreat for second opinion and justifications on how I feel/think. Other times, I'd be impulsive to finally do something that I've been thinking about for the longest time, when I didn't have the courage to do it before. Basically, I have the urge to escape and indulge into something safe or what I think is right even if later on when I'm already okay I would realize that it's just a temporary solution to my problem. But I also tend to abandon relationships/situations without remorse if I know that they are not working anymore and they are just putting me into a mental and emotional stress.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Above all, (1) I hate pretentiousness. I hate people who are very inauthentic and pretends to be someone they are not. (2) I also dislike people who think they can rule or control others just because they deem that they are in a higher hierarchy above others, or if they deem that since they are more privileged, they are already superior and can manipulate others. (3) I also dislike when people judge others based on shallow reasoning (e.g. physical appearance, generalizing everyone, etc.). Lastly, (4) I hate people who only encourage gossips, nonsensical or trivial conversations. I mean I don't want to define myself as one of those "uwu I hate small talk uwu" people, but I already dislike much social interaction with people I'm not comfortable with, much so with conversing with them about frivolous topics.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Feelings. Worldly mysteries and whatnots. Societal issues. Politics. Really, I love engaging into deep conversations that would enable me to think profoundly. I also love talking about common interests with people I'm not that close with (mainly to tempt them into my other interests that they are not familiar with. Heh-heh-heh)

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Eh. My health. I would just be aware of my health if I am actually feeling something already. I don't engage into activities to enhance my well-being or take supplements to improve my health or prevent any illnesses (again, unless I'm already sick). I believe that if I am indeed sick or is suffering from a certain illness, there would be others who can properly diagnose it for me later on, no need to prepare or prevent anything.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
(I'm sorry for this irrelevant info and for getting side-tracked but, my definition of a friend is someone I can connect with deeply, someone I can absolutely trust, someone that I can share days of laughter and days of sorrows as well, and someone I can talk to about everything under the sun—and I mean, everything. It's just that I'm a very private person and I only let very few people know the deeper side of me. So perhaps it may differ from the usual definition that most people is familiar of. I have an inner circle (which are my friends) and outer circle which are what I call acquaintances though perhaps they think that I would label them as friends, but I don't. (I'm sorry if that sounds harsh). In that sense, I would answer this on the known definition of 'friend', on my vocabulary 'my acquaintances', but not my friends. Hope that makes sense..)

Acquaintances of mine, people whom I see and work with almost everyday, and people who don't really know me deeply, seem that I'm a very loquacious, loud and outgoing person. But what they don't know is that I am very introverted (outside MBTI definition), I tend to be very profound (to the point of speaking too cheesy), and just because I was born to a lavish kind of lifestyle, doesn't mean that I can't live modestly as well (I even have this desire). Perhaps, what they won't say is that I am "very emotional" because well, I'm very emotional I might cry when they say that. Ha!

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Researching about just whatever caught my interest. Reading. Watching movies/TV series. Really, anything wherein I can escape to my mind, just fantasize.

Last words:
Thanks again for taking time and effort to read my post. Hope anybody could help. Have a great day :)

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
This is what I see

(I) You definitely not an extrovert. You and your take is very reserved.
(N) It seems that you talk more about what you see and feel inside you rather than putting out things in point form, and as well as...
(F)..the way that the intuitive reception towards both your inner and perhaps outer environment.
(J) I see a bit of precieving but as a feeler you are blunt at jumping steps from a series of feelings, to another series of feeling. Like the thinking counterpart which are logic chains, you feel like this and therefore like this and so on.

But I suggest a detailed lookup on INFJ and INFP (just in case) and something along the feeler type, although I myself is pretty sure you are an INFJ. Research is fun, easier for the subject to understand their underlying, as in how one feels about themselves, knowing oneself more, and step on the path to enjoy whateve they want to do.

I was an INTJ before. When I looked at your post, what I saw was the exact daisy chain that jumps right through frim conclusion to conclusion, except yours are feelings, but mine were logical thoughts. Because you might already got a concrete idea of right and wrong in your mind, you feel for others, and you just seemingly not being able to cope with the overwheeming demand of things that always look wrong. I love people too, no matter how much they in turn hurt me at times. A reformer attitude to make the world a better place. That result sounds like an INFJ, but INFP alike got that trait too, but different.

If this is too much text though, you can go to the basics and lookup each description for each personality, but with some letters, if you can lock it down to example a definite introvert, or a definite feeler, you save yourself a lot of time.

Ps: Your stuff make total sense. At times I feel the way towards my so call friends and my life and I can totally relate to that, although I am not INFJ myself.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love the font you used! Which one is it? Anyways, you seem to have loads of Ni and Ti. You give off a very INFJ vibe.
What other types have you considered, just to clarify.

Eunoia

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is what I see

(I) You definitely not an extrovert. You and your take is very reserved.
(N) It seems that you talk more about what you see and feel inside you rather than putting out things in point form, and as well as...
(F)..the way that the intuitive reception towards both your inner and perhaps outer environment.
(J) I see a bit of precieving but as a feeler you are blunt at jumping steps from a series of feelings, to another series of feeling. Like the thinking counterpart which are logic chains, you feel like this and therefore like this and so on.

But I suggest a detailed lookup on INFJ and INFP (just in case) and something along the feeler type, although I myself is pretty sure you are an INFJ. Research is fun, easier for the subject to understand their underlying, as in how one feels about themselves, knowing oneself more, and step on the path to enjoy whateve they want to do.

I was an INTJ before. When I looked at your post, what I saw was the exact daisy chain that jumps right through frim conclusion to conclusion, except yours are feelings, but mine were logical thoughts. Because you might already got a concrete idea of right and wrong in your mind, you feel for others, and you just seemingly not being able to cope with the overwheeming demand of things that always look wrong. I love people too, no matter how much they in turn hurt me at times. A reformer attitude to make the world a better place. That result sounds like an INFJ, but INFP alike got that trait too, but different.

If this is too much text though, you can go to the basics and lookup each description for each personality, but with some letters, if you can lock it down to example a definite introvert, or a definite feeler, you save yourself a lot of time.

Ps: Your stuff make total sense. At times I feel the way towards my so call friends and my life and I can totally relate to that, although I am not INFJ myself.

Yes. I gravitate towards INFJ the most. I can relate to its description and core functions, and the online tests confirmed it as well.

I like your take on how you expounded INFJ to me. It's as if you have exactly deciphered on how my thought process works. I've read various articles regarding INFP as well (as they seem to be commonly mistyped as INFJs) but I don't think that I really am an INFP in the sense that:

1) I don't think I'm Fi dominant. I believe I'm a strong Fe user due to my passion to reach out to other people, empathizing and caring with them. Also, I have the need to verbalize my feelings to others just so I could clarify and understand them better. I tend to be confused with my own feelings if I just cache them inside me. I've read in personality junkie that INFPs are good with empathizing to others as well, but it may be for a niche cause. I don't think I'm quite an activist and resolute to do that though.
2) I value harmony and I can adjust to norms, am very sensitive to criticism and am very expressive. In contrast to my comprehension with INFP which tends to be very individualistic, and deals with emotions very independently. I've understood that they are quite independent and wish to understand themselves as an individual outside of society, and they have an interest or drive to practice ways for their own self-expression.
3) Overall, though both have the desire to look for inner purpose and meaning in life, I believe that INFP is more independent, tend to be a nonconformist and I view it as if living a "bohemian" kind of lifestyle willing to live outside society. In my view, that's a bit too extreme to be me, I guess?

But if you have other thoughts, feel free to share them. Indeed, I always feel energize when I learn and understand something new. I feel like I'm very curious to acquire knowledge and have a desire to know things just for the sake of it. It feels like it somehow forms a foundation towards the growth of my holistic life and life-long learning.

I like how you put the "chain that jumps right through frim conclusion to conclusion" premise. It's just that I want to emphasize more on my thoughts because I tend to convey my thoughts better when I'm writing. Ha! Yes, I always take into account others first, above me. Sometimes, I hate it especially when people cannot appreciate my efforts. But I can't help it, it feels as if it's innate to me already and I cannot remove it. Correct. Like I have aforementioned, I want to make a significant impact to the world but not to the extent that I'm a "save humanity" type of advocate. I just want to make a meaningful change and effort that will help others, even not on a grandoise level. (Plus, my dissection of INFP vs. INFJ)

Well I guess it's common for introverts (outside MBTI definition). I care so much about my friends that's why I tend to be selective of them because friendship for me is a commitment. I need to develop a mutual and deep connection first before I call them as "my friend". Once I've found a person I connect with, I become too clingy and comfortable with them. Yikes.

Anyway, thank you very much for your response and thoughts. I appreciate it.

Eunoia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love the font you used! Which one is it? Anyways, you seem to have loads of Ni and Ti. You give off a very INFJ vibe.
What other types have you considered, just to clarify.

Why thank you! It's Georgia (size 2). Refer to my response above, if it's alright ^

It's not that I can relate to the totality of other types, it's just that I can also relate to some of the descriptions of the functions in other types' stacks. Like I've mentioned before, I've understood that all of us use the functions, it's just that we have preference over others, and that there are certain degree on how the functions seem more vivid or stronger, depending on their position on the stack. But some functions still seem relatable to me? Or perhaps, I blame some of the vague descriptions for the functions that I've read. Also, I think that I need to fully comprehend the importance of the inferior function when a person is under stress. I felt like, some descriptions are a bit similar towards each other, that makes me relate to other inferior functions as well.

For instance, though I don't think that it really is me, I'm a bit daunted on the comparison between Ne and Ni. I think I should study these functions more closely. It's just that, I want to clarify this missing puzzle on my understanding with the functions.

If I have to be more specific though and to relate this to a realistic scenario, earlier, I faced a certain predicament and I was certain that I have to find a solution to fix it. It's a technical dilemma (mobile-related; hardware functionality), and out of the area of my expertise. First thing I did was do something that I think would be an obvious solution to the problem. When what I did didn't work, I started to seek out the company of another person. But it's not really to seek opinion, I just need to vent out and have someone to talk to (I think this is my Fe talking). Afterwards, I sought after different reliable information to sort out which I think makes the most sense. After resolving that I cannot diagnose the problem on my own, I then contacted professional support to guide me on how to accurately fix the problem. It's as if I would look at possible solutions first, assess and evaluate them, before narrowing down to what I think would be the most effective.

I don't know if I have a shallow understanding of functions, but I somehow feel that it points towards Ne? Looking for possible solutions, rather than just one "AHA! This is it!" solution. Ugh. I hate to be stereotyped but eh.

So yeah, if you could clarify this for me, I would be more than glad to listen. Thank you very much for your help and time!
:)

EDITED: You know what, somehow reading over my statement on the scenario makes me think that they are Ni-Fe-Ti working perfectly in sync. Gah. *knocks my head on wood*. But let me know what you think about this, I know my knowledge in MBTI is still quite meager compared to others'. Thanks!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ it is then. The "Aha it's this" moments are actually stereotypically Ni. To compare Ni vs Ne, think of them like stars, the Ni is like a star that quickly condenses, Ni takes a broad view and narrows it down. Whereas the Ne star is like a supernova, it explodes, the Ne is likely to first take a narrow approach but then have its view broaden.

Eunoia

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ it is then. The "Aha it's this" moments are actually stereotypically Ni. To compare Ni vs Ne, think of them like stars, the Ni is like a star that quickly condenses, Ni takes a broad view and narrows it down. Whereas the Ne star is like a supernova, it explodes, the Ne is likely to first take a narrow approach but then have its view broaden.

Bravo. That's the best analogy and comparison that I've read, concise and straight to the point. I can most definitely agree with Ni there. The "Aha!" moment for me takes a lot of contemplation (and narrowing down) before arriving to that actually; other descriptions stereotypically glorify it as just confounding magical moment. Eh.

Yes, INFJ it is then, no more confusion.

Thank you very much for your help, you're the most kind! :)

All the best.