• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hey

á´…eparted

passages
Well I'm really not THAT different. I guess I'm more polite, private, and avoidant irl. I have always had some huge avoidant tendencies and the internet was my first major social outlet because of it. I'm just more comfortable here than many places. You must have just always felt fairly comfortable socially, then?

For the most part. From the ages of 14-20 I was a lot more shy, but that was mostly re-coiling from childhood experiences and wanting to observe socializing to learn how to do it right. Within my people though I was much more open. Once got to my 20's though I came back out in all situations.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't seen the Te yet. But I don't know if I've seen Fe either...
Going off the "DG and [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] are the same person" theme, I could say this exact thing about Lux.

While I haven't necessarily questioned ISTJ and ISFJ for the two of them, one thing that has perpetually confused me about their typings is how incredibly impulsive they are. Maybe that's an e6 thing. Maybe it's a "being in an environment where being impulsive is low-risk" thing. Maybe it's not type-related at all. I've never been able to tell. But it's worth noting that as an SJ, I've been confused by it for a long while.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you see yourself as 6w7 instead of 6w5?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Going off the "DG and [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] are the same person" theme, I could say this exact thing about Lux.

While I haven't necessarily questioned ISTJ and ISFJ for the two of them, one thing that has perpetually confused me about their typings is how incredibly impulsive they are. Maybe that's an e6 thing. Maybe it's a "being in an environment where being impulsive is low-risk" thing. Maybe it's not type-related at all. I've never been able to tell. But it's worth noting that as an SJ, I've been confused by it for a long while.

I really wouldn't say that I am impulsive. Maybe on here a little bit? Unless I guess if you count me watching TV and using the forums instead of doing things I am supposed to be doing as impulsive, but I'd just call that lazy and lacking self-discipline.

Do you see yourself as 6w7 instead of 6w5?

No, but I'm not really into enneagram.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really wouldn't say that I am impulsive. Maybe on here a little bit? Unless I guess if you count me watching TV and using the forums instead of doing things I am supposed to be doing as impulsive, but I'd just call that lazy and lacking self-discipline.
Hm. I guess that would fall into a similar category, in my mind, but you're right -- your descriptors are more accurate. FWIW this is part of what I was thinking of, and still counts as being surprisingly non-SJ-like.

/DG/

Hm. I guess that would fall into a similar category, in my mind, but you're right -- your descriptors are more accurate. FWIW this is part of what I was thinking of, and still counts as being surprisingly non-SJ-like.

And this is definitely true. Using the big five, I am VERY unstructured, which is supposed to correlate highly with perceiving types. But it's a superficial measure and I don't really fit in line with the SP temperament.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And this is definitely true. Using the big five, I am VERY unstructured, which is supposed to correlate highly with perceiving types. But it's a superficial measure and I don't really fit in line with the SP temperament.
How do you reconcile Si-dominance with being undisciplined and unstructured?

TBH the more I think about this and the more I read through your posts on introversion/extroversion, the more I think Se>Si.

/DG/

How do you reconcile Si-dominance with being undisciplined and unstructured?

TBH the more I think about this and the more I read through your posts on introversion/extroversion, the more I think Se>Si.

I've always done well in school and stuff. I'm by no means at the top of the class, but I've always been fairly above average. I'm a fairly responsible person. I get things done for the most part on time (though I do everything last minute). I have always loved doing tasks for other people. I love being a team player. In the club that I am a part of the board, I am always asking people if they need something else done. I have never been, and never will be a "wild child." I know all of this isn't Si, but rather the SJ temperament. (Some of that also seems to relate to Fe, but I don't really relate to the emotionality of Fe.)

I have a hard time relating to all of the functions, really. They are just too abstract for me to relate them back to myself. I will say that I've always admired the concept of Se above all of the other functions, but that I do not think that I necessarily exhibit Se qualities. I am too restrained and cautious.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always done well in school and stuff. I'm by no means at the top of the class, but I've always been fairly above average. I'm a fairly responsible person. I get things done for the most part on time (though I do everything last minute). I have always loved doing tasks for other people. I love being a team player. In the club that I am a part of the board, I am always asking people if they need something else done. I have never been, and never will be a "wild child." I know all of this isn't Si, but rather the SJ temperament. (Some of that also seems to relate to Fe, but I don't really relate to the emotionality of Fe.)
That doesn't sound type-related at all, to be honest. None of it does.

Also, in a lot of ways, Fe is colder than Te. Scarily cold.

I have a hard time relating to all of the functions, really. They are just too abstract for me to relate them back to myself. I will say that I've always admired the concept of Se above all of the other functions, but that I do not think that I necessarily exhibit Se qualities. I am too restrained and cautious.
How much of that caution is being a 6, though?

/DG/

That doesn't sound type-related at all, to be honest. None of it does.
It seems to fall in line with Kiersey's SJ temperament, but I think I have heard that you are not a fan of him?

How much of that caution is being a 6, though?

Probably a lot, but I don't see why it can't relate to both.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems to fall in line with Kiersey's SJ temperament, but I think I have heard that you are not a fan of him?
Keirsey is shallow af. He also originated every MBTI stereotype that I hate, but that's a rant for another time.

Also, what you described falls in line with almost every one of my friends, who, last I checked, span 15 of the 16 types. (Still no ESFP friends.) It fits you in the same way that horoscopes fit literally everyone.

Probably a lot, but I don't see why it can't relate to both.
It can, but in your case I don't think it does.

I think you could benefit a lot from reading Naomi Quenk's work, if you haven't already. She uses examples for every type -- has them describe their experiences in their own words.

/DG/

Keirsey is shallow af. He also originated every MBTI stereotype that I hate, but that's a rant for another time.

Also, what you described falls in line with almost every one of my friends, who, last I checked, span 15 of the 16 types. (Still no ESFP friends.) It fits you in the same way that horoscopes fit literally everyone.

It can, but in your case I don't think it does.

I think you could benefit a lot from reading Naomi Quenk's work, if you haven't already. She uses examples for every type -- has them describe their experiences in their own words.

Are you referring to this one or another one? Multiple? She has quite a few books out there. Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality: Naomi L. Quenk: 9780891061700: Amazon.com: Books

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

/DG/

That's the one I've read, yeah. I guess I can't speak to the rest of her oeuvre.

Many chapters are available for free online, including on PerC. If I were you I'd see how the chapters on inferior Ne compare to the ones on inferior Fe, Ni, and Te.

Cool, I will maybe check it out after I graduate and maybe return to this thread with thoughts on it then.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cool, I will maybe check it out after I graduate and maybe return to this thread with thoughts on it then.

i have it on amazon kindle so if you want to read it i could just give you my login info.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i have the answer. you are an istj and i am an isfj and the reason we are bffs is because i love istjs and istjs love me back. it all makes sense

/DG/

I thought of a question that I never really had before thanks to a test. I'll paste it here.

ISFP

The test was interesting, but I didn't really appreciate the T/F division in part A. It seemed to mostly ask if I am a human with emotions. I am actually a very sensitive person, but it doesn't mean that I prefer situations that involve sensitivities. I think in the latter two sections, I picked far more T than F options, but in the first section I definitely picked all of the F options.

The division between how you act and what you prefer is interesting to me. I probably act like a perceiver and a feeler, but prefer thinking and many judging aspects. What does that make me? I can't say.

Edit: I act as and prefer sensing, so this one is consistent with me at least.
Not necessarily looking for responses if no one has any. Just posting it here to remember it.

Edit: Might start a thread on it later actually.

/DG/

Randomly bumping this thread because I'm curious as to how people view my "new" typing as of recently :)

Decent fit?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Doubt it. Didn't you originally think you were ISTJ? Honestly, I thought that made sense.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You vibe similarly enough to [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] that I wouldn't rule it out.

Would be curious to hear how you experience Fe, and why ISFJ resonates with you.