• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Snickie types an average of probably 70wpm

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Prepare for giant monster questionnaire that may or may not contain too much information.

Section 0:
What types are you looking for from your questionnaire?

Most likely MBTI-JCF
Most likely Socionics type (and subtype if applicable)
Enneagram wings, tritype, and variant

Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
20-21yo female, no siblings.
INFP mother and INTx father (both self-typed through dichotomies mostly). ESxx other relatives of varying health.
Suspected minor mental or neurological illness (not sure what kind, maybe some combination of traits from ADD, Asperger’s, Bipolar II, and/or Executive Dysfunction Disorder) but also slightly obsessed with the topic so possibly hypochondriac
Disabled father, depressed
Swinging back and forth between detached self-hatred because my grades aren't good enough and carefreeness (or, given the consequences, should it be considered carelessness?).
End of the semester, and I’m stressing myself out by not being stressed out enough to do all the crap I’ve procrastinated on that needs to all be done a week from now. It’s a lot of stuff. I made a quota sheet and I did most of the stuff on Monday, and then slept yesterday and today instead of doing stuff.

What are your preconceptions about your types? (optional to read)

The following questionnaire originally appeared on thepersonalitytheorist's Tumblr page (iirc). The owner of that page no longer does type analyses.

Section 1: Inclinations and Skills
Briefly describe your ideal social gathering. Include details such as approximate length of time, number of people, location, activity, etc.

Most of the time, I am perfectly happy to sit with my dad in the same room and communicate with him only through whatever online platform we happen to be using at the time (usually a forum or chatroom related to one of the games we both play), while ignoring each other in real life unless one of us needs food or one of the cats does something cute. On the other hand, I will go stir crazy if I don't talk to actual people at least on a biweekly basis, but it has to be on my terms. I like to meet with one or two of my friends (who should also be mutual friends), have lunch (everything is better over food), maybe go shopping-without-buying-anything or go to a theme park if we have passes (this is actually rare, especially considering my proximity to all the Orlando theme parks) or the beach (also rare), and then either go our separate ways or maybe have a sleepover where we do mainly social introvert-related things (e.g. crochet, obsessing over cats, board games, etc) at one of our houses and then go home the next day. But in the summer that doesn't happen a lot because people work or go away when I'm in town, so when I do end up talking to someone other than my parents (one-on-one) I end up talking their ear off, and that person is like, "Whoa, I've never heard you talk so much!"

What sort of tasks do you feel you are naturally adept at?
I have a stupidly diverse skillset. It makes figuring out what I want to do with them and my life a huge pain in the rear. Here we go:

How do you feel about interacting with others, before, during, and after?
It usually depends on with whom I’m interacting and how I feel the interaction went, particularly if my mother is there to tell me what I said or did that was apparently wrong or inappropriate that I missed in the moment. When I do catch it in the moment, I get nervous. When I don’t catch it until my mom or someone else points it out, I get upset, usually trying to justify what I said and why even though I know that if the other person said that I hurt them, I’m not allowed to tell them that I didn’t hurt them. I can say I didn’t mean to hurt them, but it doesn’t matter because the damage is done. Cue either pointed agreement to disagree or self-loathing, depending on how much I value that person’s opinions and feelings anyway.

I guess it just all depends on how much I want the other person to like me. Most of the time I’m indifferent to people’s feelings, especially people with whom I have no association except maybe they’re classmates or tutees (though I care enough to try to be neutral), and people I’m really close to because they understand me better and I can be more open. People who fall in the spectrum somewhere between those categories, though – I stress about those, especially if our first impressions aren’t good.

I don’t mind hallway small talk because it’s predictable and I know it’ll end quickly.

I dread phone calls. I do not like talking on the phone, particularly when I’m the one who has to make the call. I refuse to acknowledge that other people have the same problem. I’d rather text. I’d almost be perfectly happy to live in a world of non-verbal (written) communication (so long as people actually write well).

I joke that "socializing is exhausting" and I dislike “social chess”.

Describe your general mode of expression when dealing with others. You may include some details regarding what you talk about, but primarily describe how you do so.
It depends on the day and the topic of conversation and whether I have to be somewhere soon. In generally I like to be relatively informal. I take pride in my emotional detachment, but am also fairly comfortable expressing amusement or mildly irritation, mostly through sarcasm. It’s rare for me to act outwardly enthusiastic and excited about something, particularly because I don’t often feel it strongly inside, and especially when I start doing it and then notice it and start feeling ridiculous about it. My roommate gets onto me about that. I also don’t like expressing sadness in front of people.

If I’m bored, I might zone out. If it’s my grandmother talking, I’m not allowed to zone out, so I start getting snippy, but how dare I get snippy. If it’s someone talking to me about something important, I will make an effort to focus but I still have a tendency to zone out sometimes. My recall when I’m engaged is fairly strong and frankly annoying to some people lol.

I tend to mirror the other person’s demeanor, though I’m resistant to sadness and enthusiasm and over-the-top expressions of interpersonal caring. Um There there? Things that might not have earned more than a light chuckle at first glance might evoke genuine laughter when I show someone else and they think it’s hilarious.

I have an unfortunate tendency to state things meant to be factual that could be (and often are) interpreted as “Oh, she's bragging. What a braggart.” what no that's not what I'm doing at all oh no oh no hello hyperawareness ugh I'm such an idiot. Misinterpretation happens more when I'm talking to F types and acquaintances. I notice it more when I'm talking to friends. The ones who better understand how I think understand and they sometimes let me know when I've said something that's a little off, which I appreciate (and get annoyed at myself for).

If I'm feeling distinctly and shamefully uneducated or unprepared in a certain matter and the setting is casual enough, I'll let myself slip into a bit of a drawl, if you will. "Oh yeaaaahhhh, that. Yeah, I don't really know much about that." I almost always try to play it off casually. If it's actually important, it's a front. If it's not, then I probably don't actually care. If the shame is so strong, I’ll become almost completely avoidant, something I don’t take pride in.

Describe your general pattern of thought processes. You may include some details regarding what you think about, but primarily describe how you do so.
Oh dear, how do I even do this. o_o My thought processes vary depending on the subject. Sometimes it's an inner dialogue (that’s where my superego gets involved and feelings start happening and I get pissed off because I don’t really value feelings and yet they still manage to get in the way of things), sometimes it’s a search engine (fact recall), sometimes it's a sensory experience, usually sight and sound and very occasionally tactile (memory recall). At any given time I have some kind of dialogue or piece of music running through my mind as background noise, and I can sometimes suspend it for a few seconds at a time to engage with the background noises of the silence in the external world. Sometimes I jump pretty quickly from one subject to another, and then I have fun trying to figure out how exactly I got there. I can't really describe how exactly my mind works, and now I feel inadequate because other people can. xD
In math, if I have a rudimentary understanding of what I’m supposed to be doing (i.e. I took notes in class but I didn’t bother to do the homework or review said notes), then I tend to try to derive formulas again. In Calculus 1, I learned the multiplication and division rules like this, by plugging them into the difference quotient limit equation and doing all the work with that. I also figured out simple antiderivatives that way (I was playing a joke on a classmate’s “homecoming dance date” questionnaire and made it so he’d have to solve an equation to get my phone number lol), and then the teacher taught us integrals.
Following my dreams thread, I think dreams might give some insight to cognitive processes, especially the subconscious or vital ones. Mine are usually pretty vivid and involve scenarios, sometimes epics. I remember them better when I write them, usually in excruciating detail. I’m aware there’s some kind of hidden meaning behind why I dreamed what I did, but unless the dream was weird or disturbing enough or contained one of a handful of recurring themes, I don’t care to spend the energy trying to figure out what the “hidden meaning” is beyond the obvious. I've done cursory research into the symbology and at the end of the day I'm left with a bunch of possible connections that I don't know what to do with.

What sort of tasks have you repeatedly failed at?
Finishing things on time. o_o I am the worst at deadlines, particularly if what I have to do is something I regard as boring or purposeless in some context or if I just don't like it. Like right now, I'm doing this instead of working on a rough draft (boring) which was due two Tuesdays ago or instead of finishing a painting of my friend (coloring and curly hair are hard as ****) that was supposed to be given to her a month ago. I get obsessed with other things (like MBTI) and the more urgent things get abandoned. I think I have some level of executive dysfunction but I've never gotten help for it beyond seeing a counsellor for depression when I was in fourth grade. One visit actually kicked my butt, and I somehow mustered the work ethic of an ISTJ for a few weeks (before falling back into my old habits).
There’s a concept that’s touched upon many times in the Bible called acedia (Greek). It’s roughly translated in the list of the Seven Deadly Sins as “sloth”, but the original intent of the word/concept is better represented by the term “spiritual apathy”. I struggle with this on so many levels. Or maybe I don’t because I don’t care enough to.
I’m pretty awful at team sports. Actually sports in general. I can barely run, though I’m usually at the front of the pack in my running group so ???.

Section 2: Motivations and Fears
Describe your personal worst case scenario - what would you absolutely hate to have happen to you? Where and how would you most hate to end up?

I fear being stuck in a situation where I somehow can’t save or provide for myself (even if providing for myself means crashing on a friend’s couch for a few days or so while I get myself together). This could be a number of things - being attacked and unable to defend myself due to inadequate training, being coerced unwillingly into something that violates me in some way (physically, mentally, or I just don’t want to), etc.
Also failure/incompetency, and that my boredom-induced inability to do the work will cause me to miss out on something I once thought was very important and/or worth it.

Briefly describe a negative experience you believe to have had an impact on you.
In the long run, few things have had a super lasting effect, even the negative experiences. Those that are caused by my own stupidity end up in my superego swooping in to self-punish via limiting contracts and the like. That is, until I get bored. I find loopholes in the contracts and new ways to entertain myself. Time-out never really worked for me as a child. The negative experiences tend to get shrugged off after a relatively short time.

The most pertinent story I can think of...

...So much for a “brief” description. XD

What are the main things you avoid in everyday life?
Unpleasant social interactions. Wasps. Doing homework. Finishing things.

What are the main things you seek out in everyday life?
Sustenance, be it physical (good food) or mental (through any medium that I find not boring). I like puzzles and I like creative endeavors (as long as the creativism is on my terms).

What do you wish to accomplish with your life?
I WANT TO BE USEFUL. I have this stupidly diverse skillset and talents and I don’t know what to do with them, but I want to put them to good use. It might help if I could define for myself what that meant. I suppose I want them to use them to be intellectually satisfying to me, and helping people would be nice too. I want to not feel like I’m working when I do my job. I feel like music more affects people than myself except when I’m working on a piece of literature that I happen to find appealling. Maths isn’t helping me with any of that, and it’s almost definitely work at this point. And medical sciences hasn’t been given much of a chance because I’ve been so focused on music, but I think it’d give me the balance of both I’m looking for. As long as I have the self-discipline to actually do the work required to get into the field, that is. I also want enough spare time to pursue creative/artistic endeavors as a hobby. And get enough sleep at night. With my cats.

Last edited:

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Section 3: Image and Expression
How do you see yourself?

Intelligent, lazy, procrastinator extraordinaire, somewhat creative, reserved, a bit perfectionistic.

How have you most frequently been described?
Cerebral, sensitive, funny (both haha funny and “you’re weird for noticing that the sound of the road changes I mean who does that lol”), sometimes a bit annoying (“that damned perfect pitch!”), creative, intuitive, higher potential than what I’ve achieved (it’s a shame I’m so lazy / I procrastinate so much)

How would you prefer others see you?
Logical, intelligent, competent, reliable, creative, friendly enough. Funny would nice too.

Briefly describe your overall fashion choices and outward demeanor.
Fashion choices. Uhm. I recently made a change toward a more uniform-like wardrobe involving shirts (I’d wear more button-downs but pit sweat is a real thing where I live) and pullover sweaters (it’s usually so hot and humid outside here, but heaven forbid I go inside and it’s AIR CONDITIONED (the temp difference is usually 20F, gimme a break)), jeans, and even belts. T-shirts are reserved for lazy weekends, workouts, sleep, and maybe a club thing if the shirt is for that club (ex: fraternity letter shirt for certain events). Even as I’ve tried to dull down my wardrobe a bit, I still gravitate toward bright-ish colors. I live in a subtropical climate, yet I never wear flip-flops unless it’s pouring rain (arch pain > wet socks). I despise wearing heels (platforms are okay). If it isn’t obvious, I dress for comfort first and style second.
Outward demeanor. More uhm. I know I lean forward when I stand/walk/run so I usually look hunched over. I often joke that it’s because I’m so flat and I don’t have boobs to keep me balanced so I have to achieve that through other means. I usually look down when I walk, despite all the training not to do so during four years of marching band. I blame it on my early years when I first heard that “stepping on a crack will break your mother’s back” but also stepping on cracks or grout trenches (not sure what else to call them) or the like can feel odd on my feet. I’ve a tendency to either stare or dart my eyes around a little too much when I realize I’m staring and trying to not stare. I also tend to cross my arms but it’s usually not meant as a sign of being socially closed off as much as it’s “I don’t know what else to do with my hands”. I play with my hands too. When I take pictures with other people, I’m not the type to put my hand on my hip if I’m on the edge like most girls I know; I usually let it hang loosely.
Not sure what else goes here.

Section 4: Attitudes
How do you react to stress?

I internalize my stress. When I was little, it occasionally led me to becoming physically ill. Nowadays I don’t feel as consciously affected by it, but it builds on itself the longer I leave it unaddressed. I tend to have short-term stress relievers, but long-term if I don’t deal with the source it can become spiritually damaging. Namely leaving homework to the very last second and then being unable to finish it, as I’ve been doing.

How do you react to authority?
As long as whoever is in authority isn’t an idiot and isn’t making me do things I don’t agree with, I don’t have much of a problem with authority.

How do you react to emotions or irrationality?
First of all, is it telling that I have very few qualms about defining emotionality and irrationality to be so very similar? Yes? Good.
If you’ve ever seen the Big Bang Theory, anytime Sheldon is in a situation where he has to comfort someone. “Um. There there? *patpat*” That’s me. My best friend once got off the phone with her dad, came into the lounge in angry tears, and sat at the table with her head down crying. I just sat there - what was I supposed to do? Someone else with much better people skills than myself ended up consoling her.
I can’t be happy with group harmony kum bah yah hippie drum circle sentiments. It’s not interesting. There needs to be something we can debate about, even if it’s a perfectly friendly debate.
I resist extreme emotions to the best of my ability. This is both a conscious and unconscious act – the conscious supplements the unconscious efforts. Mild emotions are sort of okay though.

How do you react to cruelty or rudeness?
I define cruelty and rudeness differently from each other - cruelty is intentionally harmful (and not intended solely for disciplinary purposes - I believe in spanking your children when they’ve been naughty, but that’s beside the point), where rudeness is more a side effect of either irritation or ignorance. Rudeness is irritating; I try to keep my cool and stay polite without becoming self-righteous, but sometimes it’s hard not to slip in a sarcastic quip that betrays my irritation, and then I’m the rude one. As a third-party observer, I tend not to interfere unless the one being rude is someone I know well enough. Sometimes I’m rude too, unintentionally, usually by way of “I want to tell you to go away but that’s physically impossible” or being way too honest with my opinion on some subject matter in a way that is insulting (ESFJ: “How do you like the collards [that I made]?” Me: “...Well they’re better than earwax. Seriously! I’ve tried it!” Everyone else: D8 ) My INFP-or-maybe-ISFJ mother points it out to me self-righteously and I get irritated with her over it.
Cruelty... is not something I’ve witnessed much of in real life. Sometimes I see it on tv and I go “That’s messed up.” If it’s physical abuse in real life, I tend to stay away out of self-preservation. But when I read about it in fiction, it’s the most fascinating thing even though it should be shocking and upsetting, and I have no idea why.

How do you react to novelty or change?
I like novelty - I like the idea of change. Actual change tires me out, especially if I’m the one enacting that change.
I should mention. It took me a long time to become open to certain kinds of novelty, particularly food. I was a picky eater as a child, but now I’m much more open to trying new foods (though some things are still strictly do-not-touch). I think this is important.

How do you react to routine or tradition?
I have mixed reactions to routine. If it coincides with my own routines (which I rarely keep more than a week or two unless there's something concrete to hold me to said routines), I have no problem with it. If it gets in the way of what I want to do, I might protest it, especially if it involves something whose point I don’t (yet) understand. Same with tradition.

Describe your decision making process.
Sometimes situation:
Me: “So Option A has these benefits and drawbacks, but Option B has those benefits and drawbacks. Since we want these results, I think we should go with Option B. It’s fair, it’s efficient, it’s logical, it makes sense. ...But it’s also long and boring and I dread having to do this. Also Option B might offend some people. Option A might be better. But I want this thing and I can only get it through Option B!”
INFP (or maybe ISFJ) mother: “But what about this? Option B would hurt these people this way. You can’t do that.”
Me: *throws arms up* “I know that! Well what do you want me to do then?! Option A sucks because this, this, and this. But with Option B, we get this and this.”
Mother: “Well then do Option B!”
Me: “I thought you didn’t want me doing Option B.”
Mother: “Just pick one!”
Me: “I did! You weren’t happy with it.”
Etc etc etc
Usually a decision doesn’t actually get made until the last minute. Even if it is made early, it is always subject to change at the last minute if there’s nothing concrete holding me to that decision.

=============================================
=============================================

At some point I will post links to posts I've made that I think are related to this.

At least one of the below is true about the following people:
* They have expressed interest in helping me determine my type
* They are people whose input I am interested in hearing, based on previous interactions, different perspectives, perceived expertise, etc.

[MENTION=26684]existence[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4660]Vulcan[/MENTION]

Last edited:

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=27560]Snickie[/MENTION]

I'll go for:

MBTI ISTP and Socionics SLI

Overall, definitely a Socionics Si/Ne valuing Logical introtim. I get S>N from you so that's why I went with the above - otherwise could be LII too (and then MBTI INTP) but I find that less likely.

Some questions I'm curious about.

You write: "I’m pretty sure I’m an IxxP type though, which would make me Ji-dom and inf-Je, and that doesn’t fit my perception of how well I use these functions." You don't identify with Ji-dom inf-Je? Why?

And what did you mean here: "My recall when I’m engaged is fairly strong and frankly annoying to some people lol" - by "recall"?

"I like novelty - I like the idea of change. Actual change tires me out, especially if I’m the one enacting that change." Example of such change being enacted that tires you out? Why does it tire you?

One last comment:

Describe your decision making process.
Sometimes situation:
Me: “So Option A has these benefits and drawbacks, but Option B has those benefits and drawbacks. Since we want these results, I think we should go with Option B. It’s fair, it’s efficient, it’s logical, it makes sense. ...But it’s also long and boring and I dread having to do this. Also Option B might offend some people. Option A might be better. But I want this thing and I can only get it through Option B!”
INFP (or maybe ISFJ) mother: “But what about this? Option B would hurt these people this way. You can’t do that.”
Me: *throws arms up* “I know that! Well what do you want me to do then?! Option A sucks because this, this, and this. But with Option B, we get this and this.”
Mother: “Well then do Option B!”
Me: “I thought you didn’t want me doing Option B.”
Mother: “Just pick one!”
Me: “I did! You weren’t happy with it.”
Etc etc etc
Usually a decision doesn’t actually get made until the last minute. Even if it is made early, it is always subject to change at the last minute if there’s nothing concrete holding me to that decision.

:rofl:

I'd have simply picked Option B and none of this convo would have happened. (I think I'm TJ in MBTI though)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTP, I see tons of Ti-Se.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You write: "I’m pretty sure I’m an IxxP type though, which would make me Ji-dom and inf-Je, and that doesn’t fit my perception of how well I use these functions." You don't identify with Ji-dom inf-Je? Why?
Lol, this is embarrassing. I guess I was thinking of IxxJ when I wrote the second half of that sentence. I'll go fix that.

And what did you mean here: "My recall when I’m engaged is fairly strong and frankly annoying to some people lol" - by "recall"?
Person (talking to someone else): "Blah blah blah blah Detail words important information--"
Me (interrupting): "Well actually Detail is Corrected Detail. [you/other person] said that at [time], remember?"
Person (usually my mother): *glares, elbows me* "Yes, that..."
*later*
Mom: "Stop correcting me in front of other people! You look like an asshole when you do that."
Me: "But you were wrong! I can't let you go around spreading misinformation like that!"

Alternatively,
Person: *playing some melody or random notes*
Me: *plays the same melody and notes (some corrected if I'm already familiar with the piece)*
Person: *possibly slightly annoyed, possibly amused*

"I like novelty - I like the idea of change. Actual change tires me out, especially if I’m the one enacting that change." Example of such change being enacted that tires you out? Why does it tire you out?
By "tires me out" I guess I meant that, beyond maybe the first energized attempt at change, the effort to sustain it drains my energy in some way (though I suppose this phenomenon isn't exclusive to me). Recently this manifested when I tried to use a Si/Te approach to surviving the end of the semester (I'm a huge procrastinator so I'm behind on more work than I can catch up on with my current habits) - do this many index cards every day, this many math problems, write this many words on this paper, no sleep until you finish. I managed most of the goals on Monday and even went to bed before 1am, a good time compared to how late I've been known to stay up when doing this like that. Tuesday through Thursday I did almost nothing and slept a lot instead. True, I had accumulated a lot of sleep debt already, and a botched attempt to donate blood on Tuesday certainly didn't help, but as the Facebook memes say, "Sleep deprivation is temporary. GPA is forever."

I've also been saying for years now that I want to chop off all my hair because long hair is a pain to keep up and wash every day, but I've yet to actually do it even though I've found styles that I like.

Same with rearranging my bedroom, although I did manage to de-loft my former roommate's bed (lofting it took at least two of us) and remove all the excess furniture on my own the day after she moved out.

One last comment:

:rofl:

I'd have simply picked Option B and none of this convo would have happened. (I think I'm TJ in MBTI though)
Lol. The problems of being a P. Too many perspectives to look at and weigh in before I'm comfortable making a decision.

On that note, thank you for answering my questionnaire. :)
You and [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION]. Maybe I'll be able to stop obsessing over this soon.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you criticize people? How do you criticize yourself?

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Lol, this is embarrassing. I guess I was thinking of IxxJ when I wrote the second half of that sentence. I'll go fix that.

OK. Now I still have to ask you what you mean by: "and that doesn’t fit my perception of how well I use Te and Fi but it does fit Ti and Fe, imo". What did you mean by Te/Fi use here?

Person (talking to someone else): "Blah blah blah blah Detail words important information--"
Me (interrupting): "Well actually Detail is Corrected Detail. [you/other person] said that at [time], remember?"
Person (usually my mother): *glares, elbows me* "Yes, that..."
*later*
Mom: "Stop correcting me in front of other people! You look like an asshole when you do that."
Me: "But you were wrong! I can't let you go around spreading misinformation like that!"

Alternatively,
Person: *playing some melody or random notes*
Me: *plays the same melody and notes (some corrected if I'm already familiar with the piece)*
Person: *possibly slightly annoyed, possibly amused*

Ah. Te-ish in Socionics. In MBTI not necessarily Te, especially as you are clearly P anyway. As fuck. :) In MBTI this is a bit Si-ish though

By "tires me out" I guess I meant that, beyond maybe the first energized attempt at change, the effort to sustain it drains my energy in some way (though I suppose this phenomenon isn't exclusive to me). Recently this manifested when I tried to use a Si/Te approach to surviving the end of the semester (I'm a huge procrastinator so I'm behind on more work than I can catch up on with my current habits) - do this many index cards every day, this many math problems, write this many words on this paper, no sleep until you finish. I managed most of the goals on Monday and even went to bed before 1am, a good time compared to how late I've been known to stay up when doing this like that. Tuesday through Thursday I did almost nothing and slept a lot instead. True, I had accumulated a lot of sleep debt already, and a botched attempt to donate blood on Tuesday certainly didn't help, but as the Facebook memes say, "Sleep deprivation is temporary. GPA is forever."

I've also been saying for years now that I want to chop off all my hair because long hair is a pain to keep up and wash every day, but I've yet to actually do it even though I've found styles that I like.

Same with rearranging my bedroom, although I did manage to de-loft my former roommate's bed (lofting it took at least two of us) and remove all the excess furniture on my own the day after she moved out.

Ah, I see.

Lol. The problems of being a P. Too many perspectives to look at and weigh in before I'm comfortable making a decision.

Yeah, quite P. Hmm how easily do you brainstorm options?

On that note, thank you for answering my questionnaire. :)
You and [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION]. Maybe I'll be able to stop obsessing over this soon.

Np :)

Just to check out one last thing because as I said I had a second option for you.

Do you relate to Ne creative with Se PoLR and Fe suggestive or Fe PoLR and Ne suggestive more in Socionics?

And... you said: "There needs to be something we can debate about, even if it’s a perfectly friendly debate." Why do you need this?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
How do you criticize people? How do you criticize yourself?
I call myself a realist with pessimistic leanings. Basically what that means is I have some compulsion to always play devil's advocate, to remind people that there is another side to every story, always someone on the other side of the door. That being said, I see criticism as a way to tell someone where they can improve. This usually manifests in commentary that could be considered explicitly "negative", particularly if everyone else (if we're conducting it in forum style) has been overwhelmingly complimentary. Sometimes I do this at inappropriate times, such as right after the person has presented or performed and is determined to feel good about it but is clearly still nervous about it.

I almost always negatively criticize myself. Rarely is it about the quality of the work so much as it is the quantity required to achieve the quality I wanted. I didn't practice enough, therefore I had a bad audition. I watched Netflix instead of working on my paper, now I have a C (I knew this was 25% of the grade and I didn't do it anyway hao darr eye *slap on the wrist*).

I guess it could be said that I have been instilled with the values of an STJ but the bad habits of an STP/NTP/whatever I am. That's why my superego (not necessarily as defined in Socionics) uses unhealthy ESTJ/ENFP functions.

OK. Now I still have to ask you what you mean by: "and that doesn’t fit my perception of how well I use Te and Fi but it does fit Ti and Fe, imo". What did you mean by Te/Fi use here?
I believe we use all our functions to some extent.
Given my usage of Te and Fi, I think neither of them are dom, but neither are either of them inf. They're too exhausting for that kind of usage and they tend to manifest when Fe and my own work ethic have failed me (read: I insulted my grandparents and therefore my mother, I didn't work hard/soon enough on some unpleasant homework assignment, finals stress, etc.

Ah. Te-ish in Socionics. In MBTI not necessarily Te, especially as you are clearly P anyway. As fuck. :) In MBTI this is a bit Si-ish though
I know it's Si-ish. That's why I'm so very torn over my type.

Yeah, quite P. Hmm how easily do you brainstorm options?
Depends on the day/topic. Sometimes it's easily, other times I'm like "I don't know, I don't care, why does it matter that the curtains are blue?" On the other hand, I figured out pretty quickly that, in The Circle

So my view of my usage of Ne is tainted hy my general dislike for literature courses/topics.

Just to check out one last thing because as I said I had a second option for you.

Do you relate to Ne creative with Se PoLR and Fe suggestive or Fe PoLR and Ne suggestive more in Socionics?
This is... surprisingly accurate. There are details that are off (as there always will be). I will have to sit down one day after finals are over and compare these more closely. :)

And... you said: "There needs to be something we can debate about, even if it’s a perfectly friendly debate." Why do you need this?
See devil's advocate thing above.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, critical parent Ni sounds like what you are describing. You describe criticizing the course of events and the paths people take on an issue. That is associated with critical Ni. INxPs have critical parent Ni.....

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] wait wait wait that's Ni??? I've always attributed it to Si because I'm smart and I know my habits and yet I'm apparently dumb enough to not change or overcome them when I need to.

Can the Ni in ISTP behave that way?

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I call myself a realist with pessimistic leanings. Basically what that means is I have some compulsion to always play devil's advocate, to remind people that there is another side to every story, always someone on the other side of the door. That being said, I see criticism as a way to tell someone where they can improve. This usually manifests in commentary that could be considered explicitly "negative", particularly if everyone else (if we're conducting it in forum style) has been overwhelmingly complimentary. Sometimes I do this at inappropriate times, such as right after the person has presented or performed and is determined to feel good about it but is clearly still nervous about it.

Oh, strong Ne. The criticism attitude also reminds me of ILI a bit.

This is... surprisingly accurate. There are details that are off (as there always will be). I will have to sit down one day after finals are over and compare these more closely. :)

Err, which one? I listed two options. (functions of LII vs SLI)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] wait wait wait that's Ni??? I've always attributed it to Si because I'm smart and I know my habits and yet I'm apparently dumb enough to not change or overcome them when I need to.

Critical parent Si is very similar to critical parent Ni. However, Si criticizes based on the memory and known form of doing things, whereas Ni critiques the known form and what it becomes. Tertiary Ni in ISTPs can also do that, Garnet from Steven Universe pops into mind when I think of this.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh, strong Ne. The criticism attitude also reminds me of ILI a bit.

Err, which one? I listed two options. (functions of LII vs SLI)
Yes, I noticed that when I took the sociotype test the second time and was reading about it. I suppose I was feeling... critical... that day. The link to the specific result is in my signature. I don't know if it's as prominent a thing on a regular basis though. I've read descriptions of Gamma and it doesn't seem to fit as well as, for example, delta. But all that aside.

The link to the SLI from the first time I took the test is also in my signature. So my comment that you quoted was referring to LII (same thing my dad scored, btw... LII-3Ti I think... or maybe it was ILI-3Te. I forget. But I'm not wrong about the rational subtype.)

Fun fact: I made my mom take the test. First time she was at home and got SEI. Second time she was at work and got ILI.

Critical parent Si is very similar to critical parent Ni. However, Si criticizes based on the memory and known form of doing things, whereas Ni critiques the known form and what it becomes. Tertiary Ni in ISTPs can also do that, Garnet from Steven Universe pops into mind when I think of this.
So Si criticizes what I've done in the past ("remember that dumb thing you did a long time ago? Well you suck and things suck now because of it")
And Ni criticizes what I'm doing right now ("you're doing the dumb. You know this isn't going to turn out well, and yet you're doing the dumb anyway")
?

I haven't watched enough of Steven Universe to know the characters all that well (lots of clips though) but I was aware that Garnet is ISTP (and similarly Peridot is INTP), and that they're both pretty different from me.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes! That's exactly what they do! How are you different from them?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well first of all, Garnet's a heck of a lot more developed than me in her functions (among other places lol)
Peridot, on the other hand, not so much (also in other places lol). She's too high strung and her awkwardness is much more visible than mine. Though I do get the "oh, she's so cute!" reaction whenever I slip and let mine manifest.
But they're also cartoon characters, so everything has to be at least a little exaggerated. :)

Anyway, I relate a little more to the Jeremie Belpois brand of INTP (other than his killer work ethic) (and boy is his critical parent Ni a harsh one!) than to Peridot's. Then again, I grew up with Code Lyoko so there's that.

Imagine growing up with both Pi functions (the tertiary and the demonstrative) acting like critical parents! At least, that's what I think, though Critical Parent Ni has been a lot more awake nowadays, what with finals coming up. And then Critical Parent Ni rouses Critical Parent Si and it goes something like this

Ni: "You're doing the dumb. Stop doing the dumb and do the thing you know you're supposed to be doing. You know better than this."
Si: "Remember the last time you did the dumb? Remember what came from that?"
Ni: "You're going to experience it again."
Si: "All the sad."
Ni: "So dumb."
Si: "And is this is not the second time in a row?"
Ni: "Your parents are going to be so disappointed."
Si: "You did so well last year. What happened this year?"
Ni: "No wonder you'll never go anywhere."
Si: "No wonder you didn't that prestigious award."
Me: >Mó *resist mode* "SHUT UP AND LET ME WATCH MY VIDEOS AND READ FANFIC AND POST ON TYPOLOGY FORUMS."
Ni: "Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you."
Si: *sigh* "Just like last time. Even though last time it was a psychology forum. Close enough."

(I'll admit, I had a harder time coming up with Si's lines on the spot than Ni's just now.)

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
So my comment that you quoted was referring to LII

So you mean you relate to LII's Ne creative, Fe suggestive and Se PoLR. I did spot the Ne too so now I'm changing my opinion on your type to INTP and LII.

One last thing does confuse me - you have Fe PoLR listed in your signature, do you relate to that too?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I also said that I was going to have to study them more, how they function in the different areas. Preferably once finals are over, but I've kind of already broken that vow lol....
(I'll never finish these Very Important Assignments now D: )

Fe is listed as my PoLR because of the previous two times I've taken the test, both times Te creative so Fe PoLR. So yes, I do relate to it as well. I'll get back to you on which one I relate to more.

Also lol, you're flip flopping on my type just like I've been doing, which is why I made this thread. After watching some of the "type me" videos on here last night, I think I might have to make my own at some point. Maybe I'll do an enneagram questionnaire since nobody has addressed that in this thread yet.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I also said that I was going to have to study them more, how they function in the different areas. Preferably once finals are over, but I've kind of already broken that vow lol....
(I'll never finish these Very Important Assignments now D: )

Fe is listed as my PoLR because of the previous two times I've taken the test, both times Te creative so Fe PoLR. So yes, I do relate to it as well. I'll get back to you on which one I relate to more.

OK. I think though that LII really matches with everything best so far. Why do you think S preference fits you in MBTI over N?

Also lol, you're flip flopping on my type just like I've been doing, which is why I made this thread. After watching some of the "type me" videos on here last night, I think I might have to make my own at some point. Maybe I'll do an enneagram questionnaire since nobody has addressed that in this thread yet.

Now don't jump ahead. I only suggested a type then another type.

Sure, if you make a video, I can look.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Why S over N?
I guess my hobbies? Though I tend not to think of my Wikipedia binges as a hobby so much as an obsession. Hobbies are things that you physically do. Obsessions are interests that may or may not be attached to doing things other than absorbing a lot of information about the subject. For example, I've been obsessed with the Interstate Highway System, but it's not like I go around building interstate highways for the fun of it. That's an extreme example, but I think it captures my point. I'm currently obsessed with Typology, but I don't consider posting on a forum about it a hobby. Crochet is a hobby. Drawing is a hobby. Watching YGOTAS videos over and over is borderline hobby and obsession. Driving would be a hobby if I did it more. By that definition, playing music is also a hobby even though it's what I'm currently studying to do professionally. I feel like those are very Se things.

But I also think that sensory things like that are also easier to spot because they seem more tangible than iNtuitive things (go figure). And I know that I exhibit signs of Ne/Si even though I find it more difficult to spot those things in action. That's why I'm having such a hard time nailing down a type and also why I'm getting mildly annoyed at the flip flopping suggestions.

I know I'm IxTP. But what is x? I can't decide, so I need an outside perspective (since this is an extroverted function I'm dealing with mainly). My parents would say S without a doubt, but they only understand MBTI dichotomies while I'm trying to type myself by functions. Meanwhile I see this raging indecision as an almost raging Ne trait.

I've looked at some of the socionics, and I'm starting to really agree with LII. Suggestive Fe > PoLR Fe, for example. SLI comes close but there was always something off about it. I'm finding less of that thus far in LII. I still have some reading to do though.

And essays to write. I hate doing research papers.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Why S over N?
I guess my hobbies? Though I tend not to think of my Wikipedia binges as a hobby so much as an obsession. Hobbies are things that you physically do. Obsessions are interests that may or may not be attached to doing things other than absorbing a lot of information about the subject. For example, I've been obsessed with the Interstate Highway System, but it's not like I go around building interstate highways for the fun of it. That's an extreme example, but I think it captures my point. I'm currently obsessed with Typology, but I don't consider posting on a forum about it a hobby. Crochet is a hobby. Drawing is a hobby. Watching YGOTAS videos over and over is borderline hobby and obsession. Driving would be a hobby if I did it more. By that definition, playing music is also a hobby even though it's what I'm currently studying to do professionally. I feel like those are very Se things.

I don't think N types can't have such hobbies or that only Se types can do crochet/drawing. Typology isn't really about hobbies but about your way of thinking. You liking to play devil's advocate is far more relevant to that, for example.

But I also think that sensory things like that are also easier to spot because they seem more tangible than iNtuitive things (go figure). And I know that I exhibit signs of Ne/Si even though I find it more difficult to spot those things in action.

I would agree on the Ne/Si.

That's why I'm having such a hard time nailing down a type and also why I'm getting mildly annoyed at the flip flopping suggestions.

You can't expect people to know your type right away from a few posts.

I know I'm IxTP. But what is x? I can't decide, so I need an outside perspective (since this is an extroverted function I'm dealing with mainly). My parents would say S without a doubt, but they only understand MBTI dichotomies while I'm trying to type myself by functions. Meanwhile I see this raging indecision as an almost raging Ne trait.

Yes it does look pretty Ne-ish.

I've looked at some of the socionics, and I'm starting to really agree with LII. Suggestive Fe > PoLR Fe, for example. SLI comes close but there was always something off about it. I'm finding less of that thus far in LII. I still have some reading to do though.

And essays to write. I hate doing research papers.

Glad this type seems to work for you then. Sure enjoy the reading and uhh, yeah the essays too :p

Out of curiosity, why do you hate doing research papers? I remember I hated the step of figuring out and designing the experiment but I was fine with executing the experiment and then writing it all down was fine too.