• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or ENTP or any other suggestions ?!?

Alonahood

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
7w8
Hi!
I'm pretty new to mbti and have been doing an excessive amount of research into it for a few months now. I've always been interested in my personality as I've been told the cliche saying I'm "hard to read" on many occasions.

Anyway, 9/10 I'm typed as ENFP (mostly through 16personalities.com) but I'm almost 50/50 on E vs I and 50/50 on T vs F. My N is quite strong, and unfortunately so is my P, I literally hardly EVER get anything done ugh :unsure:
Oh and once I typed as infj or something random like that...

However, I feel like I don't relate to a lot of the common characteristics of an ENFP... And I know there are so many exceptions and blah blah blah but I just really need to get to the bottom of this as its been bugging me for a while. I want to feel like I belong in a category!!!

So I have a very bubbly persona, warm and friendly. I feel like I'm very charismatic and can get along with anyone. I'm assertive and like to help people who don't understand something that I do (however this is more to boost my own ego rather than feeling happy to have helped someone). I love to go out but at the same time I'm a big introvert and go into my shell.

Here are some of my characteristics that I think create the barrier between me being comfortably an ENFP.
I have the ability to be sympathetic however I never let anyone else's troubles affect me, I completely to not internalise anyone's problems. I am not the type to offer emotional support but I will give you very constructive, practical advice towards a solution (depending on if I have advice to give haha which in most cases I do).
I think that I'm also a lot more down to earth that the stereotyped ENFP's, I like realistic ideas but at the same time I have a separate ditsy dream land going on in my head.

Another thing that made me think twice about my type is the fact that my boyfriend is a hardcore ESTP and we are two peas in a pod (except for his get up and go attitude that I clearly do not possess haha).
We get along great and have an extreme connection. We are very playful for each other and I find that I am even more cruel than he is when it comes to teasing which ESTP's are famous for. We debate very often and I am very good at handling his aggressive nature and am not afraid to put him in his place. After doing a lot of research on ENFP/ESTP relationships I find that this is not a desirable match as ESTP's seem to not get along with the soft nature of the ENFP, however this is completely not the case for me. Instead I find that my nature could be a little harsh for him. (By the way he is 100% accurately typed, definitely an ESTP!!! A type 8 aswell! As hardcore and aggressive as it gets haha!)

Anyway, sorry for rambling on there's so much more I can say but then this post will just get too long to read.
Feel free to ask me ANY questions as I'm sure this post is going to read very ambiguously, I am happy to answer anything!

I just hope this will bring me a step forward to pinpointing my type!

By the way my "supposed" type is ENFP 7w8 (could the 8 wing be the cause for my more 'hardcore' nature???)

Thank you guys!!
(Forgive me if this post is a mess, I never proof read anything)

Last edited:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hrmmm, have you looked at cognitive functions at all? What makes you pick 7w8?

Alonahood

MBTI Type
Enfp
Enneagram
7w8
Hrmmm, have you looked at cognitive functions at all? What makes you pick 7w8?

I have looked at functions and I have a strongly developed Ti which apparently is unheard of in any ENFP. My strongest function is Ne then followed by Ti then Se.

I am pretty sure I am 7w8 I've done countless enneagram tests and these two categories fit me very well. I am also quite a strong type 3.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have looked at functions and I have a strongly developed Ti which apparently is unheard of in any ENFP. My strongest function is Ne then followed by Ti then Se.

I am pretty sure I am 7w8 I've done countless enneagram tests and these two categories fit me very well. I am also quite a strong type 3.

I'd recommend doing a questionnaire, I don't see any Ti from the way you write.