• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh

If God is not great, then what is He?

If He is not great, then why is calling stuff God even necessary?

I didn't mind this discussion, but it's beginning to distract from the main topic now. This being my TYPE ME thread, I'd like to leave this open for other people to comment on my initial post if they so desire.

I'll be happy to continue this God discussion, but in a new thread, please. If it continues in this thread, I'm going to ask a mod to move posts to the off-topic thread.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:)

Not trying to be difficult for you. I honestly don't understand why you need to believe in God in the first place. God--even to unbelievers--would be nothing if not great, omnicient, something.

Why believe there is God at all?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You engaged me. :D

Of course. I am doing this for you. It may be discontinued as you desire.

You brought up God first by suggesting religion to me back on page one.

I didn't mind the initial discussion, but now it's dominating a TYPE ME thread and I'd be happy to continue it in a new thread in a different subforum. Why? Because we obviously disagree on our ideas of God, so I can see it turning into a potentially long discussion involving semantics. Again, I don't mind that, but it needs to happen in a new thread.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
You brought up God first by suggesting religion to me back on page one.

I didn't mind the initial discussion, but now it's dominating a TYPE ME thread and I'd be happy to continue it in a new thread in a different subforum. Why? Because we obviously disagree on our ideas of God, so I can see it turning into a potentially long discussion involving semantics. Again, I don't mind that, but it needs to happen in a new thread.
Give her a break, she is not perfect, although she is trying. She got BPD she thinks. Maybe that is true i think.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
On a totally random note: some intps have trouble with intp hood cause they think p is compared to j a sign of no intelligence. But personality traits aint about intelligence, they are about your opinion.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On a totally random note: some intps have trouble with intp hood cause they think p is compared to j a sign of no intelligence. But personality traits aint about intelligence, they are about your opinion.

You mean that they might see perceiverhood as being indicative of lesser intelligence than judgerhood?

Also, in my opinion, Intelligence is more than just memory and remembrance of facts--although that particular skill might fall in the realm of "sensory intelligence."

I think high intelligence of the mind entails critical thinking and a natural willingness to question shit--my values of course, and I don't expect others to agree on how intelligence should be exhibited, determined, or measured; I'm a firm proponent of Gardner's Multiple Intelligences.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to the topic, but I felt like contributing that. Perhaps individuals' own ideas of ideal intelligence says something about their personalities?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You mean that they might see perceiverhood as being indicative of lesser intelligence than judgerhood?

Also, in my opinion, Intelligence is more than just memory and remembrance of facts--although that particular skill might fall in the realm of "sensory intelligence."

I think high intelligence of the mind entails critical thinking and a natural willingness to question--my values of course, and I don't expect others to agree on how intelligence should be exhibited, determined, or measured; I'm a firm proponent of Gardner's Multiple Intelligences.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to the topic, but I felt like contributing that. Perhaps individuals' own ideas of ideal intelligence says something about their personalities?

People's own ideals say anything about everything cause without people there would only intelligent species left, like cats. Measuring intelligence is a bane of americans. Do never do that. Or you wont ever become a member in the wisdom club :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People's own ideals say anything about everything cause without people there would only intelligent species left, like cats. Measuring intelligence is a bane of americans. Do never do that. Or you wont ever become a member in the wisdom club :)

I for one welcome our new feline overlords.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That is what we would call a SuperISTP

But that wont ever work, that would be easy and life aint easy. One day youll get really bored, if you make life that easy.

Life is dynamics, sometimes you wont even see the entj in the infp clothing and in regards of dynamic, what would it give you to know you are intp. Identification? If you want to be someone, you have to do that alone. Thats the magic of mbti. You can tell others who you are. You always will.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This strikes me as something the INTPs that I know would do.

Cowardly

deactivated
I read somewhere that this was a characteristic of Extroverted Intuition. And that it's similar to how Fe works with other people's feelings.

I haven't got the source though, I don't remember where I read it. :unsure:

I for one welcome our new feline overlords.

tumblr_my8cj3XuA71t8j1k3o3_250.gif