• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's try this again. Now with long questionnaires!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type my miserable butt, GO.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I was exposed to the MBTI typology in high school when I was a fresh faced eighteen year old. I tested as INFP and did not think much about it until I was a few months shy of turning twenty, and it was then that I joined a popular MBTI website (PersonalityCafe) to discover more about myself. I have since tested as INFP for many years until I began to, for some reason, doubt myself around twenty-two to twenty-four years old when I started playing house with my then-fiance, who is now my husband.

I saw myself really getting into the whole homemaking thing. I may not be a huge fan of cleaning, but I love to cook, do chores and do daily errands in order to make my partner's life easier. I love knowing that I can, in some small way, make a difference in someone else's life. Now that I think about it, I was always the very helpful type of person; I love being there for my friends back in my school days, giving them anything they needed, whether it's a room to sleep in to get away from abusive parents, or a shoulder to cry on. I love giving advice, and sometimes tend to overdo it, and this has gotten me into trouble. I guess this is why my enneagram is a type two instead of a four like I used to think.

Anyhow, going back to homemaking, I realized that being organized with my time and everything else made my life, as well as my partner's, life very easier to manage. I started to really like organizing things around the house and making the best of my time as possible. So, I guess I'm a little confused here: Have I always been a secret Judging type because I was depressed and lazy at a younger age, or am I really still just a Perceiving type who seems a little too OCD for her own good?

I think there is also about sociability that I am confused about. I really think I am an introvert despite everything else, because one thing I should know is how absolutely exhausted I am after I socialize or otherwise stay out for long periods of time. I love staying home. I love being inside my head. But I also love people, in a way. I love helping them, talking with them, discovering their hidden beauty. I am very social online and maybe a little gregarious in real life, though I do have my moments of wanting to just be left alone with my thoughts. But I do wonder, since I am so into people deep down, that I might be a very reserved extrovert?

The N/S type doesn't bother me much, and I don't know if I am truly a Sensor. I am always inside my head, I love patterns and making connections between them, and I love to seek out the unknown, whatever that means. Details bore the heck out of me, hence why my early school days were a total drag for me. I did better in college, though, when professors were more into debates and discussions, and giving us more freedom to be ourselves. I loved that a lot.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? Finding a place where I belong. I moved around a lot, and consequently never found a place that I totally felt comfortable in or even had a stable group of friends to count on. I feel like a loser in some way. Even the geekiest kids I used to be familiar with all had these great friends and I am just stuck siting on the sidelines, observing everybody, feeling out of touch and out of place. I just want to find a place where I can find warmth, and love, and relationships with all walks of life. I don't need a huge group of friends, but would like a few lifelong companions that I can count on.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. I was probably 12 or younger. Life was simple and thus, amazing. I had everything I ever wanted; a home, parents who adored me, showered with gifts because of my dad's prosperous career, friendships with many school children, teachers who were proud of me. I remember being very social, and bubbly, playful, spontaneous, and just totally radiant. I think I was like a prototypical ENFP as a child, now that I think about it. But then, I don't know why or how, but after I turned 13 and on wards, life began to felt hard and people turned mean. I never understood and I developed depression over it.

4) What makes you feel inferior? That I can't do anything right or as effortless as other people can. I have trouble concentrating, with remembering things, and I seem to misplace every day things like keys like it's nothing. I always feel like an overgrown child and it hurts when I see someone else doing something that I just did and they do it better than I could. I just want to be a normal adult.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) I think about myself and how I fit in the equation, though I do sometimes consider other people in it. For example, when I was working in one of my previous part time jobs, I was asked to cover other people's shifts. I happily obliged, sometimes to my own detriment, and then sometimes I just lie and say I cannot because I think about my own stress level and how I really need my time alone.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I love to write, so let me use that as an example for this question. Whenever I write, I just really enjoy and get into the process without really controlling the outcome of how a story might end. I might think about the ending, but it never controls me or how I dictate the flow of my stories. I just let it go and I trust that it'll go to the right place. People love my stories, I think, for that reason.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? I was in Puerto Rico, visiting family, and we had so much fun getting to explore the island and seeing the wildlife, the culture, the food, everything. I really enjoyed seeing my cousins there and just enjoyed life on a slower, yet more carefree, experience. I had a lot of fun. I don't think I ever truly had as much fun again as my memories of visiting that place.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? I'm definitely a visual learner, and I love to read about things before trying my hand on it. I love to cook, for example. I could read about a recipe on a certain dish, but if I don't see a picture or a video on it, I'll never get it done. So, visual it is.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as? I am very organized at all my jobs, and I make sure everything is nice and tidy. I am somewhat the same at home, sometimes I even think I am autistic because I want certain things to be placed at a certain way or else I get anxious. I don't know if I am really that uber conservative about it, though, like those xSTJs and so on who make it their life goals to make everything so neat and spotless. I don't have that in me, I think. I do love checklists and calendars, though, since my memory is so poor.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? Definitely the former. I am also gullible, in that I can believe almost anything a person tells me, and this has caused my husband some confusion since he is the exact opposite of that. I call him a pessimist but he thinks that you have to be careful at all costs. So, I have trained myself to at least research something before jumping to conclusions, though I still do jump to conclusions anyway.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? I'd say the latter, most definitely. I do care about people, but not in a group setting, more like, individually.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I think before I speak; if I don't, I just word-vomit and not be able to make a full and coherent sentence, which might bug a lot of people. I am fine with group discussions, especially if they are fun, but I mostly enjoy deep, one-on-one talks with one or a very few people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I HATE being forced to take immediate actions straight away. I like to think about things first before I dive in head first, you know? I don't like surprises and I definitely don't like to be felt like an idiot for jumping so soon before enough information and time to make myself feel comfortable taking that leap. I am definitely a words-person, and I have gotten hurt before because of this. Tell me you like me, and I'll look over the fact that you don't like to talk to me in public because you are ashamed of me... things like that, you know?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? The favorite show comes first, sorry guys!

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? I am a master at holding everything in, for long periods of time. I like to be alone in stressful periods in order to decompress, both physically and emotionally.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? When they are cruel towards others just for the hell of it. I can't stand emotionally manipulative or otherwise mean people who treat others unfairly. I am very judgmental against those people.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? Life, death, philosophy, those yummy deep talks. I don't mind small talks, but I definitely enjoy seeing the inner workings of another person's mind the most. That's how my husband and I fell for each other in the first place.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? Every day, mundane stuff. The weather. Fashion. Tabloids. Numbers. Voicemails. E-mails unanswered. Dishes.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality? They see me as this very helpful yet self-depreciating person who loves to make other people laugh and try to fix other people even when they don't want it. Makes me feel like a superhero INFP of some sort, I guess. I don't think there's anything wrong with their perceptions, since reality is so flexible, in my eyes at least. I guess, one thing they'll never say or are too afraid to say, is that the only reason why I fix others is because I am so damaged myself, and I should really focus on myself instead.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? To be honest? Be on the internet. Watch movies and tv shows. Sleep. Read, definitely read a lot, and if I'm up for it, enjoy natural beauty such as the sunrise on an early morning.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ

I) You focus too much on yourself to be an extrovert.

N) You don't care enough about your physical surroundings you exist in to be an S type.

F) You relate experiences to emotions associated with them so F.

J) Little high strung for a P type.

:bye:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
carrie-sissy-spacek.jpg

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ

I) You focus too much on yourself to be an extrovert.

N) You don't care enough about your physical surroundings you exist in to be an S type.

F) You relate experiences to emotions associated with them so F.

J) Little high strung for a P type.

:bye:

But now I must challenge you with this question: How do you know I'm not just a stressed out INFP? :D

I swear I didn't killed a bunch of people inside a gym. ;)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Questionnaire #2

What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type? MBTI unknown, enneagram type 2.

What got you interested in Personality Type? I just love learning about myself and others, and I got into it around 5 years ago.

What kind of work do you do for a living? Right now I'm just a receptionist. My job is kind of bad, though, and I cannot wait to find something else. I don't mind being a personal assistant or some kind of secretary; I kind of like stability. To be honest, though, I wish I could get paid to write.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Traveling at a young age. Terrified the bajeezus out of me, but I did it.

What would constitute a perfect day for you? A day spent with loved ones doing something fun, like going to the beach, and everybody is getting along. Maybe we can make a bonfire at night, the stars are out, and I can just sit back and think about life in between people talking and laughing from both of my sides. And with a smile, I'll come up with so many different ways that this day could end beautifully.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
This is going to sound b*tchy, but being born with a silver spoon is a nice way to start life. my dad is rich cough.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it? Become published. A combination of fear of failure, of not being good enough, or getting the fame I desire from it. I'm also kind of lazy, I won't lie.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I wish my parents were more there for me, emotionally, and not think that they have to "buy" my love with fancy gifts and gadgets. I appreciate all they've done. I just wished we had a deeper bond together.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life. My 5th grade science project literally fell apart in front of the whole class. That's what I get for not trying hard enough. *hides face*

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why? Yes, yes, yes. I don't know why, but I just word-vomit everywhere if I do not write it down or rehearse it before the phone call.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Confidence. Most definitely.

What do you value most in a friendship? Vulnerability.

What is your most treasured memory? Being proposed in front of the Eiffel Tower.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Love is a major part of my inner life. I am nearly obsessed with it. I used to fantasize about it a lot, how it would be like to meet a soulmate, the whole nine yards. I love to hear, read, and write about love stories between two people. I am affectionate but don't exactly need it all the time, if that makes sense. I need my space.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? LMAO, SERIOUSLY? MY LAPTOP, DUH!

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
My husband. He is very smart, entertaining, and can keep me warm and happy during the cold nights.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be? To be able to fly. No, seriously!

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Explore the world. And I don't mean like, oh I gotta climb Mount effing Everest, I gotta hunt bears or try to talk to African tribal people, or anything crazy like that. I just literally want to explore all the parts of the world and their cultures, their cities, towns, and observe quietly how people live their daily lives, and learn more of myself through them.

Who is your favorite author? Ugh.

What is your favorite book? Ugh.

What has been your biggest challenge? Learning to love myself. Still trying, and it is very hard.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? Early to mid 1960's, to see if I can meet The Beatles in person.

What does your life say about you? That I seem repressed and need to learn to let go of my fears in order to be happier.

How would your friends describe you? Funny, lovable, sensitive, sometimes dramatic, heroic, creative, talented, surprisingly distant sometimes, yet surprisingly inappropriately loud.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Remind me to read through these and help you when I'm able! (I'm just too tired right now, and I have homework.) :)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
But now I must challenge you with this question: How do you know I'm not just a stressed out INFP? :D

I really don't know but as far as I understand stressed out INFPs tend to display an unhealthy Te streak. I didn't notice that in any of your self descriptions.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't know but as far as I understand stressed out INFPs tend to display an unhealthy Te streak. I didn't notice that in any of your self descriptions.

I should go read up on Te descriptions, then. Thanks! I guess I should ignore cognitive function tests since the questions always confuse me and it'll just give me a bad reading. :unsure:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I should go read up on Te descriptions, then. Thanks! I guess I should ignore cognitive function tests since the questions always confuse me and it'll just give me a bad reading. :unsure:

:thumbup:

Duffy

Finally, a questionnaire I actually read, and doesn't hurt my eyes. You mentioned a passion for writing... I think it shows.

Type-wise, I dunno. Some sort of introvert. Some of what you said resonates with me, but I don't think it's right to type based solely on this. I think some sort of Pi-dom, so IxFJ.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finally, a questionnaire I actually read, and doesn't hurt my eyes. You mentioned a passion for writing... I think it shows.

Type-wise, I dunno. Some sort of introvert. Some of what you said resonates with me, but I don't think it's right to type based solely on this. I think some sort of Pi-dom, so IxFJ.

Thank you so much. :blush: My husband is very much convinced that I'm just a stressed out INFP. Which I don't mind, but I just want to put this to rest, so let's see what two folks have to say about it. (I'm waiting for their PMs)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Subscribing to remind myself to reply -- I don't know if I have time today.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I read this questionnaire and I am sticking by IxFJ for you. Some of the things you've written seem very un-INFP to me. You're a Fe user, though you are clearly an introvert, at least in my mind:

To be honest? Be on the internet. Watch movies and tv shows. Sleep. Read, definitely read a lot, and if I'm up for it, enjoy natural beauty such as the sunrise on an early morning.

Solitary activities. Not that an extrovert wouldn't love doing these things, but the fact that this is the first thing that comes to your mind leads me to believe you are more of an I.

The favorite show comes first, sorry guys!
I am a master at holding everything in, for long periods of time. I like to be alone in stressful periods in order to decompress, both physically and emotionally.
I HATE being forced to take immediate actions straight away. I like to think about things first before I dive in head first, you know? I don't like surprises and I definitely don't like to be felt like an idiot for jumping so soon before enough information and time to make myself feel comfortable taking that leap.

Introvert.

I think there is also about sociability that I am confused about. I really think I am an introvert despite everything else, because one thing I should know is how absolutely exhausted I am after I socialize or otherwise stay out for long periods of time. I love staying home. I love being inside my head. But I also love people, in a way. I love helping them, talking with them, discovering their hidden beauty. I am very social online and maybe a little gregarious in real life, though I do have my moments of wanting to just be left alone with my thoughts. But I do wonder, since I am so into people deep down, that I might be a very reserved extrovert?
I remember being very social, and bubbly, playful, spontaneous, and just totally radiant. I think I was like a prototypical ENFP as a child, now that I think about it.
This is something I hear from IxFJs. They have the Fe that wants to reach outward, which could easily give them an extroverted face. You want to help, connect, and discover, which gives you a real drive and desire to put yourself out there. I have an INFJ friend who's exceptionally friendly and giving, an ISFJ friend who's very silly. I've known ISFJs who I would have guessed as ESFP upon first meeting. It's a trend I've observed (in myself as well). I even think that IxFJs are energized by other people to some extent. But ultimately they just burn out and need to be left alone to cool off. The energy they're exerting is not readily apparent. But of all the introverted types, IxFJs are the ones most likely to seem extroverted or to consider being extroverted. Though that is a generalization.

Conversely, I've never seen that with the INFPs. They're so much more apparently introverted. The INFPs that question their I/E have always turned out to be ENFPs, in my experience.

They see me as this very helpful yet self-depreciating person who loves to make other people laugh and try to fix other people even when they don't want it. Makes me feel like a superhero INFP of some sort, I guess. I don't think there's anything wrong with their perceptions, since reality is so flexible, in my eyes at least. I guess, one thing they'll never say or are too afraid to say, is that the only reason why I fix others is because I am so damaged myself, and I should really focus on myself instead.

This is an glaringly obvious Fe statement to me.

I love knowing that I can, in some small way, make a difference in someone else's life. Now that I think about it, I was always the very helpful type of person; I love being there for my friends back in my school days, giving them anything they needed, whether it's a room to sleep in to get away from abusive parents, or a shoulder to cry on. I love giving advice, and sometimes tend to overdo it, and this has gotten me into trouble. I guess this is why my enneagram is a type two instead of a four like I used to think.

Also seems obviously Fe. And IxFJ 2's mistype as 4's.

I just want to find a place where I can find warmth, and love, and relationships with all walks of life. I don't need a huge group of friends, but would like a few lifelong companions that I can count on.

I feel exactly the same way. And this seems kind of Fe to me.

If you're a 2w1, you're also far more likely to be an IxFJ than an INFP. You don't have to be an INFP to have personal values, or to enjoy staying true to yourself! And organization doesn't really hold much weight in my mind for P vs J. Even for my ESFJ mom, a Je dom, she's quite disorganized.

:)
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going with IxFJ as well. Definitely not INFP. Too much of a control freak to be INFP -- especially the parts of your questionnaire when you mention your aversion to speaking spontaneously.

Do you relate more to Ni or Ne?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] - Your answers make a lot of sense. I do have a lot of Fe and this has consequently has me typed as ENFJ at least a couple of times before, especially in cognitive functions test. Is it possible for an INFp to have so much Fe? I thought Fe would be the second function for many INFJs, for example. :unsure:

If I'm an ISFJ, though, that would be insane. :happy2:

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I read their descriptions, and Ni is definitely more me than Ne, especially when they talk about how Ni can usually predict the future based on invisible patterns, going by hunches, and love to analyze the past and future. (Never really "there" at the present moment.)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] - Your answers make a lot of sense. I do have a lot of Fe and this has consequently has me typed as ENFJ at least a couple of times before, especially in cognitive functions test. Is it possible for an INFp to have so much Fe? I thought Fe would be the second function for many INFJs, for example. :unsure:

If I'm an ISFJ, though, that would be insane. :happy2:

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] I read their descriptions, and Ni is definitely more me than Ne, especially when they talk about how Ni can usually predict the future based on invisible patterns, going by hunches, and love to analyze the past and future. (Never really "there" at the present moment.)

Fe is the second function, but it becomes more developed with age. An INFp can display and grasp Fe, especially if they're the Fe subtype. However, I'm no good with socionics.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe is the second function, but it becomes more developed with age. An INFp can display and grasp Fe, especially if they're the Fe subtype. However, I'm no good with socionics.

That makes sense. Also, I do have one question: Is it possible for an IXFJ to have trouble with organization, schedules, laziness, and even procrastination? Is it at all ever possible for any J type to have these issues at all? :rly???:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
That makes sense. Also, I do have one question: Is it possible for an IXFJ to have trouble with organization, schedules, laziness, and even procrastination? Is it at all ever possible for any J type to have these issues at all? :rly???:

Of course! Definitely. I have an INFJ friend who's a huge procrastinator and an ISFJ friend whose room is a mess. And then there's me! IxFJ are Pi-doms first, so they're in info-gathering mode. I think ExxJs are more likely to be the stereotypical J's.
Anyone can correct me, though.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see no Fi or Ne, only tons of Fe. I also see some Ni, and I notice that your sociotype is INFp-Fe. That being said, IxFJ seems right, though I lean towards INFJ. Your hatred of mundane things and dislike of spontaneity point towards Ni.
IxFJ's are messy, they lead with Pi and have inferior Pe, no Je there! Je is responsible for that external order, Te in particular has that heavily, while Fe is more of a social order. IxFP's have inferior Te, which in my experience manifests in this external order that they have to keep. IxxJ's and IxxP's will mistype as each other because of the fact that descriptions don't take into account this.