• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My little itty baby brother

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok. So I said I was gunna- and I have been putting it off out of a sense of uh- 'the importance of being 'self sufficient' in the likes of these things but... I am curious so I thought I would throw some stuff out. And Ill try to be as unbiased as this allows- I mean I cant be throwing out a bunch of Se shit if he doesnt show much Se(just an example function)- that wouldnt be heh 'equitable'. Or something. Anyways- ignore the babbling and onwards!

Ok so my brother is interesting to me. Some general things about him- always, always, he has had a short temper. People have called us like 'night and day'- because I rarely lose my cool and most things just sort of- I don't give a shit about, but my brother is different. He cares about the weirdest fucking things I swear to god.

Ok, so when we were kids- we were very close. I was the leader-because I was older and a tiny bit louder- and he was 'my follower'. To be completely honest. I mean thats how that stuff tends to work though so it wasnt like it was inherently fucked up or anything- one person tends to be more dominant and yeah- just is what it is in ANY relationship. But anyways. We were really close. I was there- I was there whenever he lost his cool. Just putting a hand on his shoulder and saying his name or something was (and still is) enough to calm him down.

OK(heh they are all gunna start with 'ok' now-:devil:) Things that piss him off/pissed him off. Well once he hit puberty power dynamics sort of started to change I suppose- or he let his voice out to try to change them. Suddenly what was just 'annoying' became nearly unbearable. He was on me for everything. Like a third- VERY AUTHORITARIAN- parent. I reach over the table instead of asking him to pass something- furious. I wear his jacket for a minute to go get the mail or something- huge deal. I talk to loud on the phone, I wear pajamas too frequently, I sneeze too loudly, my laugh is annoying him, I look at him funny- It could be ANYTHING- and he freaks out- raging mad, red in the face, yelling, calling me names, shoving and hitting(occasional- and I gave it right back). Was insane. And probably just his way of dealing with things- if he could make everyone see that I was the bad one then they would leave him alone. He needed an outlet somewhere. Anyways not sure why Im including that- my brother is really- he really is- a good person. Growing up was/is just hard sometimes

Ok, anyways. So he was and still is bigger on rules than I am. Hes more cautious. Hes more... open with his affections. He is more about doing 'what is appropriate' than I am- following rules no matter how arbitrary-(this was always a big thing with us- 'teacher said you have to take the pass before going to the bathroom"- "Why should I do that- teacher is hardly even conscious, they dont care- and what good is having the pass going to do for me?' 'Why are you so stubborn?' 'Why are you so bossy?' Pretty much how things went between us- and ha- still do to an extent.

Hm Im not doing a good job of this. Ill just list some things I suppose.

:) He has a vast array of knowledge on things- fucking huge store of information. And it isnt all factoids- ask him to explain something and he is a wonderful and adaptable orator. Would be a very good teacher- is INCREDIBLY clear and thorough- and enthusiastic- about whatever it is he is trying to tell you.

:) Hes sweet. He really is. Hes good with all my little cousins, and he is ALWAYS willing to lend an extra hand to anyone who needs it(frequently me- hes a FOOT TALLER THAN ME, he comes in handy). He volunteers to help out in things and he doesnt usually say a word about it. He is more responsible than I am- probably- mm well in some ways- in others probably not- but in several notable ways. Hes a wonderful navigator. Has a better memory for things than I do usually-(what is needed- what we need to do- he is less fazed by 'goal oriented' talk than I am).

:) He doesnt know when to shut up. He always has to WIN every argument- even ones where he knows that he cant- even those that are trivial. He has a huge need to be 'right'.

:) Smart. Hes smart. Was the top scorer in some science test back in middle school- outscored his entire grade- got an award and everything. Got like 98% on this early highschool level science test or something freakish. Got 'the highest score of the day' on his college math placement exam. Math and science is definitely his thing. But. He considers me smarter than him(which is probably why hes always been so- critical of me- insecurity) But well. I mean some ways sure- some ways no way- but generally he does come off smarter than I do(encyclopedic knowledge- and very technical stuff at times- I just dont usually bother unless Im interested enough- he can SEEM a bit showoffy- but thats just him being him)- though I consistently do better on tests- standardized and otherwise. *brags*

:) I can really talk to him. About anything. I mean, sometimes I need to explain more than Id like(I hate explaining, Im rambly and I generally just destroy whatever it is I am trying to explain)- but usually he can just sort of jump on my plane- something not many people generally seem very willing to always do. Dad is the same way with this- three of us can usually have pretty good and interesting talks about whatever- time travel, faith, happiness, whatever. Mom doesnt much take to these.

Anyways- hes mellowed out quite a bit, and although I DO have some ideas for his type- this has sort of- it sort of still, throws a bit of a wrench in there for me.

This is kind of long so I wont expect much but I thought Id just make this thread

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see Si,Te and Fi. xSTJ?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I see Si,Te and Fi. xSTJ?

Very possible.

What also sometimes goes through my head though is if he has a strong 1 influence in his tritype- that is going to make him appear to be more J than he would otherwise- even if he WAS a P.

And the potential for him to be influenced by both 5 and 6.

Ok so anyways tritpye wise I have him as 514. (The four is questionable but I HAVE to think it is there otherwise I dont believe we would be able to 'click' in some of the specific ways that we do- though his could be a wing because his call for 'individuality' tends to lean more to the side of 'quirky' than every breath I breathe must be on my own terms in my own way- which is more MY natural state-something he generally clashes with. Anyways. Here are my tritype guesses.

51X
61X
15X
16X

All three fight for position.

He is SO so intellectual. Hes really just about- when you get to know him- he really is just about the stereotypical 'geek'. I mean he knows EVERYTHING- it gets to the point where when he tells me something I pray that maybe he is wrong so I dont have to feel like such a ditz- but he rarely if ever is. What he knows he knows- verbatim, like the back of his hand, and beyond. Things I never would think of knowing. But the thing is. Where he has bredth- he generally doesnt have as much depth as I do. He can work off of theories- but he doesnt usually... Well he can understand things- but he doesnt always 'question' like I do(sometimes my questions are dumb-but not always, sometimes they actually piss him off because he CANT answer them right away- and he is- he really is- I have begun to realize- very insecure about intellectual matters). He answers questions instead of asking them.

Which is very T. Very J. Now- Ji or Je... Im not sure.

So I mean. He is 5 influenced I think for sure. But. He is so... Particular. Rigid. About certain things. Though he HAS calmed that down a bit.(que sera sera is actually something I remind HiM of- perhaps it is why that song is so calming to me- reminds me to take my own advice when I start losing it) Anyways. Which suggests to me- 1w9. Which would kind of make sense to me considering our upbringing. His need to be both right intellectually and practically- it is just so hard to tell which is dominant.

Im going to poke [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] here too because I would be curious to hear what she had to say- though I mean- ugh describing stuff sucks so I might not have done it as well as I would have liked.

You know what though? Now that we are more able to see eye to eye on most things(despite the height difference-heh bad joke but jad to be done)- now that he-and I- have grown up a bit and have figured out how to compromise a bit-both of us-though I feel like I always have compromised more- but it was probably harder for him to have to compromise in some ways- others no- but to reach the understanding of a need to compromise- maybe. Anyways.

Heh. Now that we get along and all- he reminds me in some ways of [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]. Not in all ways. Just that. I see both coriolis and my brother as genuinely good people. Brother is going through a rough patch but- I don't know- maybe its part of why I enjoy talking-debating- whatever with coriolis. It is similar to my brothers own style.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION]: ISTJ 153?

"usually introverted and elitist, prefer the scientific approach in nearly everything they do. These Ones appear colder and very self-certain but can be rather sensitive and fearful on the inside. Are afraid of failure and not meeting the expectations of others, mainly because they think they do not have enough resources for all their projects. They are hard-working, thorough and very meticulous and their work is usually impeccable. These Ones are particularly intellectual, knowledgeable and objective."

Starry

Frosty...I'm not in a place with strong internet but Punderstorm and Protege already did it all for you. ISTJ 1w9

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah ISTJ- at least IXTX, is probably right. Im probably overcomplicating things hah, it is just that the better I know someone the harder they become to type- less like a profile they are and the more reluctant I am to place them and leave them within one.

But yeah ISTJ and 1w9-(1w9 definitely- though 5w6 HAS to be secondary)- seems fitting. The Pe that I might be feeling from him might just be that 9 wing starting to stretch itself out.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah ISTJ- at least IXTX, is probably right. Im probably overcomplicating things hah, it is just that the better I know someone the harder they become to type- less like a profile they are and the more reluctant I am to place them and leave them within one.

But yeah ISTJ and 1w9-(1w9 definitely- though 5w6 HAS to be secondary)- seems fitting. The Pe that I might be feeling from him might just be that 9 wing starting to stretch itself out.

I second that.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] is a 513 INTJ.
I think [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] is a 514 INTJ?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Frosty, sounds like a good person to have on your team during the zombie outbreak.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ. Not sure why he's battling with rage, though, but I hope he's doing alright!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISTJ. Not sure why he's battling with rage, though, but I hope he's doing alright!

Much... Uh better?

His 1ness is somehow scaring the shit out of me quite a bit less. Don't know if it is because my 1ness is coming out or what but nah-hes a lot less... Police-y? Then he has been before.

No longer have to worry about having too many icecubes in my drink, or twisting the tie on the bread wrong, or not eating all my vegetables, or whatever else counts/counted as a personal affront.

I just realized how much of a bitch I am when describing people. I am making him sound like Stalin or something. Nah hes just- very very particular about- certain things/everything. Was before-'his way is the right way', is now, 'Well maybe your way isnt necessarily wrong'.

He is a good guy though- make that very clear.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Much... Uh better?

His 1ness is somehow scaring the shit out of me quite a bit less. Don't know if it is because my 1ness is coming out or what but nah-hes a lot less... Police-y? Then he has been before.

No longer have to worry about having too many icecubes in my drink, or twisting the tie on the bread wrong, or not eating all my vegetables, or whatever else counts/counted as a personal affront.

I just realized how much of a bitch I am when describing people. I am making him sound like Stalin or something. Nah hes just- very very particular about- certain things/everything. Was before-'his way is the right way', is now, 'Well maybe your way isnt necessarily wrong'.

He is a good guy though- make that very clear.

Nah, you're good, actually your brother reminds me of my father when he was younger and he was pretty gung-ho about the stupidest stuff or little details. He raged I think a few times in my lifetime, but it takes a hell of a lot to push him in his corner.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We need to V.I. him. Family photos. Is this me fishing for pics of you? Yes.