• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

hel's enneagram, again

Pick some?

• 1w9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• sp/so

• so/sp

• so/sx

• sx/sp

• sx/so

• Total voters

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's an enneagram poll. I'm interested in what type you think I am and why, if you want to share. Thanks.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
These polls are all the rage now! Have I started a trend? ;)

I do not think you are a 9, that's all I can say. You just seem too bold and forward to be a 9 (not that 9's can't be bold). You seem very moralistic and firm which leads me to believe a 1 fix, probably 1w2. Your heart fix is 4, I think. Head fix...I don't know. Honestly I don't know you extremely well so it's hard to get a read on you.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These polls are all the rage now! Have I started a trend? ;)

I do not think you are a 9, that's all I can say. You just seem too bold and forward to be a 9 (not that 9's can't be bold). You seem very moralistic and firm which leads me to believe a 1 fix, probably 1w2. Your heart fix is 4, I think. Head fix...I don't know. Honestly I don't know you extremely well so it's hard to get a read on you.

You did start a trend. :D Thanks for the reply.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
4w5, 6w5, 1w9?? I am trying.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I've read somewhere that people who can't figure out their type are often 6s. Maybe there's something to this claim since many descriptions have an SJ bias.

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker

Sixes are full of contradictions. They can be dependent on others, yet value their independence. They want to be trusted and to trust others, yet constantly test others to allay their own suspicions. They want the protection of authority, yet fear it. They are obedient yet, disobedient; fearful of aggression, yet sometimes highly aggressive themselves. They search for security, yet feel insecure. They are likable and endearing, yet can be mean and hateful. They are reassured by traditional values, yet may subvert those values. They want to escape punishment, yet may bring it on themselves. Sixes are full of contradictions because anxiety makes them ricochet from one psychological state to another. And in response to anxiety, Sixes look to structures, beliefs, allies, and authorities to put their anxiety to rest.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've read somewhere that people who can't figure out their type are often 6s. Maybe there's something to this claim since many descriptions have an SJ bias.

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker

I'm actually caught between 4 and 6 right now. I was perfectly happy calling myself a 4 for a long time. I'm going through a weird time right now though and am not sure if that's a good reason to change my type, or if it will turn out that I was actually one or the other all along. Which is why I'm looking for perceptions. Also, I thought it would be interesting.

There are things I don't relate to in both descriptions. For 4, I don't relate to constructing an image or creating a persona. I don't seek to enhance my own negative moods, and I'm not looking for a rescuer in the form of a lover. Or one at all. For 6, I'm not loyal to people and I don't really form close bonds easily or very much at all. I don't think I'm looking for all dangers in a situation and arming myself against them. I don't tend to feel like a victim and I'm not that politically motivated.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hel, I don't know you well enough to suggest an enneagram type for you but I do want to say that as a 4, I don't relate to constructing an image or persona either. I always felt that my persona was amorphous if not non-existent; that I was bad at presenting myself because my self didn't really have firm outlines or boundaries or anything. That's kind of why I typed as a 9 for such a long time.

As a 7-fixed 4 I also tend not to amplify negative emotions as much as some of the e4 descriptions suggest. Poetry is other people's sadness, not my own (that sounds horrifically unempathetic but ... yeah.)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hel, I don't know you well enough to suggest an enneagram type for you but I do want to say that as a 4, I don't relate to constructing an image or persona either. I always felt that my persona was amorphous if not non-existent; that I was bad at presenting myself because my self didn't really have firm outlines or boundaries or anything. That's kind of why I typed as a 9 for such a long time.

As a 7-fixed 4 I also tend not to amplify negative emotions as much as some of the e4 descriptions suggest. Poetry is other people's sadness, not my own (that sounds horrifically unempathetic but ... yeah.)

This is interesting. Thank you.

I'll just remove my listed enneagram again and maybe I'll know in a while.

Duffy

There are things I don't relate to in both descriptions. For 4, I don't relate to constructing an image or creating a persona. I don't seek to enhance my own negative moods, and I'm not looking for a rescuer in the form of a lover. Or one at all. For 6, I'm not loyal to people and I don't really form close bonds easily or very much at all. I don't think I'm looking for all dangers in a situation and arming myself against them. I don't tend to feel like a victim and I'm not that politically motivated.

It's not just a loyalty to people. I'd say it's an attachment object relations style that makes up the bulk of the type pattern. A similarity I've noticed between 6s and 4s is the idealization tendencies. I know a 6 that does this sorta worshiping of other people and ideas. This person has a tendency to bring people up, but when the person or idea lets them down, they start to tear it apart. They can be inclusive or discriminating because of this.

In terms of the 4s construction of persona, I've noticed a dichotomy there, something like meaningful/not meaningful, or, interesting/bland. Some 4s can be very dry, sorta the embodiment of the minimalism/nihilism/void. It could be the influence from the 5 wing, as there's more of a withholding element in the fixation. There's actually a great example of the 5 fixation in a documentary I saw recently on Netflix. It's about the life and work of a photographer (Vivian Maier). I can see a lot of her patterns in myself. I recommend if you're interested in that sorta thing.

And regarding your type, I don't know, but I've seen you type as 146.... I think this combination is very critical of self and others

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's occurred to me that I should offer to allow people to get to know me at this point, to aid in the process of typology? Though I thought I was already very open and overshare-y on this site. And thus easy to get to know. Really I'm just offering because 21lux offered in his type me thread and he seems like a good model for appropriate behavior in "type me" related areas.

Also, I don't think I'm a core 1, but it's been suggested before.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's occurred to me that I should offer to allow people to get to know me at this point, to aid in the process of typology? Though I thought I was already very open and overshare-y on this site. And thus easy to get to know. Really I'm just offering because 21lux offered in his type me thread and he seems like a good model for appropriate behavior in "type me" related areas.

Also, I don't think I'm a core 1, but it's been suggested before.

I'm not sure I could see 1 core for you, but it's definitely present in your tritype. I think deciding between 4 or 6 core is the hardest part here... Though I feel like I don't understand 4 enough to tell you if you're a 4 core. :( I definitely see 6 influence though. Hmm, just to decide whether it's the core or not...

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tell me about socionics [MENTION=9627]Xann[/MENTION]. Eh?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is hel a 4 or a 6, pt ii. Aka why do I feel like a 4 sometimes and a 6 at other times?

I don't know if I'm motivated by sadness or fear. I notice myself switching between phobic and counterphobic but I also have an obvious obsession with identity. I can't tell if any of the above is naturally me or if it's due to life developments, or if there's even a difference between naturally you and life developments. Or if there's even such a thing as naturally you.

Apologies for bringing this up again. I feel like people are probably sick of discussing this. I'm actually going to fill out a questionnaire this time though, so that might help people who said they had no idea or don't know me well enough to be able to type me.

Questionnaire

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
95% sure you're 4w5 sp/sx. The dauntless subtype.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FWIW I identify with so much of what you've said here. (Ignore type in my profile right now ... That's my shadow self)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FWIW I identify with so much of what you've said here. (Ignore type in my profile right now ... That's my shadow self)

Haha! I thought something was a little off with your self-typing right now...

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Just read your questionnaire, and I am now more certain of your type.

I think you are a 4w5 sp/sx. Your cautious and indecisive flipping could be a result of the self-preservational instinct conflicting with the more intense sexual auxiliary. I might even venture to say that your 1 fix is stronger than your 6 fix. I think I'll say 4w5-1w9-6w5.

Oh, and this isn't Enneagram, but I am now 99% sure you are a clear IxFP.