• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
First, let me say that I 100% agree with you on that previous post.

So I think it's this paragraph here that might make some people (if any) doubt you having Fe. Surely all Fe wants to do is be a slave to others and help save all of the children in Africa, right?????

I'm sure many Fe types are that way, but I don't know that all of them really are. There are 16 MBTI types and billions of people in the world. Surely ISFJs can be a little more diverse than that. :shrug:

True. If I've been accurately typed as ISFJ, I'd be Fe aux, not dom, and very Si-heavy at that, so it wouldn't look the same as it would Fe doms or even other SFJs necessarily. I guess a lot of that can just be boiled down to Fe stereotypes?

It'd be nice to get some input from a firm Fe type about what Fe is really about, at its core, beyond stereotypes.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
True. If I've been accurately typed as ISFJ, I'd be Fe aux, not dom, and very Si-heavy at that, so it wouldn't look the same as it would Fe doms or even other SFJs necessarily. I guess a lot of that can just be boiled down to Fe stereotypes?

It'd be nice to get some input from a firm Fe type about what Fe is really about, at its core, beyond stereotypes.

No, I mean, I think a lot of ISFJs probably are those that want to save the world or whatever. I just mean that not everyone is going to be that way.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, I mean, I think a lot of ISFJs probably are those that want to save the world or whatever. I just mean that not everyone is going to be that way.

Right. Not everyone of every type's going to be the exact same. Likely the reason I don't seem ISFJ at times is because I just don't fit the main ISFJ stereotype, but that's not to say that no ISFJ does. That's basically what you're saying, right?

/DG/

Right. Not everyone of every type's going to be the exact same. Likely the reason I don't seem ISFJ at times is because I just don't fit the main ISFJ stereotype, but that's not to say that no ISFJ does. That's basically what you're saying, right?

Essentially, yeah.

But you do have to keep in mind that MBTI and other personality systems are just ways of classifying/categorizing everyone's personalities. So in many ways, you do have to fit an arbitrary amount of "stereotypes" to be considered a certain type. It doesn't mean there can't be variation...but obviously we have reasons why an INFP doesn't look like an ESTJ, etc.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Essentially, yeah.

But you do have to keep in mind that MBTI and other personality systems are just ways of classifying/categorizing everyone's personalities. So in many ways, you do have to fit an arbitrary amount of "stereotypes" to be considered a certain type. It doesn't mean there can't be variation...but obviously we have reasons why an INFP doesn't look like an ESTJ, etc.

Yeah, of course, because even though stereotypes are stereotypes, the whole point of MBTI is categorization. I just wonder if I'm exhibiting enough ISFJ-ness to consider myself an ISFJ. So far it seems that people think so. I just need constant reassurance. :p

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If you don't see MBTI as a way of growth, and you just want to live only the comforts of life. I don't see such why there needs to be a struggle for the most correct type.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you don't see MBTI as a way of growth, and you just want to live only the comforts of life. I don't see such why there needs to be a struggle for the most correct type.

I dunno why I care so much about being accurately typed, because I don't really do anything with it except wear it as a label. I guess I just want to be labelled correctly?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno why I care so much about being accurately typed, because I don't really do anything with it except wear it as a label. I guess I just want to be labelled correctly?

Son, I am disappoint.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] alright, taking a looksie at the temperament thing now!

Inclusion: Phlegmatic Melancholy (or Melancholy as a second choice)
Control: Supine (or Phlegmatic Supine as a second choice)
Affection: Phlegmatic Supine (or Melancholy Phlegmatic as a second choice)

So what does that all really mean? Beyond what those pages said about them, anyway. :p

/DG/

Does anyone here use MBTI as a way of growth? I don't think you can really get that sort of a thing out of it. I see it as a game more than anything.

Is it about fitting in, maybe? Or just the frustration of not knowing something? I used to do the same thing in that I constantly asked people about my type.

[MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION] alright, taking a looksie at the temperament thing now!

Inclusion: Phlegmatic Melancholy (or Melancholy as a second choice)
Control: Supine (or Phlegmatic Supine as a second choice)
Affection: Phlegmatic Supine (or Melancholy Phlegmatic as a second choice)

So what does that all really mean? Beyond what those pages said about them, anyway. :p

INFP, then possibly INFJ. To be fair, I think a lot of people don't necessarily get the right type matchup with this. I was just curious.

I really do think you are a J type over a P type, though. Why do you relate to sensing more than intuition?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is it about fitting in, maybe? Or just the frustration of not knowing something? I used to do the same thing in that I constantly asked people about my type.

Dunno. I guess I just find it interesting. And I really like hearing about how other people perceive me vs how I perceive myself and trying to figure out what's accurate and what's not.

INFP, then possibly INFJ. To be fair, I think a lot of people don't necessarily get the right type matchup with this. I was just curious.

I really do think you are a J type over a P type, though. Why do you relate to sensing more than intuition?

I'm much too grounded and concrete to be an intuitive, I think. I have a lot of trouble grasping abstract concepts without concrete examples, I hate speaking in hypotheticals or using other fancy intuitive speak. I don't understand or relate to either of the intuitive functions well. I may be very inwardly-focused being an introvert, but I'm also very in the "now." basically, I relate to nothing about intuition and pretty much everything about sensing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
?? Huh? Why?
Maybe I am jealous how you can appreciate the mundane.

Does anyone here use MBTI as a way of growth? I don't think you can really get that sort of a thing out of it. I see it as a game more than anything.

Gosh, just to be under a category really?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe I am jealous how you can appreciate the mundane.

I like the mundane, it comforts me. :D

Gosh, just to be under a category really?

Pretty much. It's a way to describe myself, and a fun hobby, but I don't really see how I could use it to grow. Any suggestions?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean?
Well, I see understanding our strengths and weaknesses and how we can properly use each one through understanding is the whole point right?

I like the mundane, it comforts me. :D

Interesting.

Pretty much. It's a way to describe myself, and a fun hobby, but I don't really see how I could use it to grow. Any suggestions?

Refer to what I said to DG. Cognitive functions. You understand what you do best, avoid what you're weak at. Understand why you may be having trouble in your life.

I hope I am not going to get to the point that I've been typing people for gossip?

If typing was all just to be a category. I don't think I'd even have joined this forum, to even be passionate about typing.

Hell let everyone be an NJ type. Be a fantasy with the stereotypes.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hope I am not going to get to the point that I've been typing people for gossip?

If typing was all just to be a category. I don't think I'd even have joined this forum, to even to be passionate about typing.

Does the way I view MBTI as a hobby and not a tool really bother you that much?? :/

I mean, I can't speak for how anyone else uses it. I just like it because I think it's interesting. I don't really see what's wrong with that though? :shrug:

Don't be mad at me. :cry:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Refer to what I said to DG. Cognitive functions. You understand what you do best, avoid what you're weak at. Understand why you may be having trouble in your life.

If typing was all just to be a category. I don't think I'd even have joined this forum, to even be passionate about typing.

Using typology to avoid what you're weak at means you'll never get better at it. :huh: Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does the way I view MBTI as a hobby and not a tool really bother you that much?? :/

I mean, I can't speak for how anyone else uses it. I just like it because I think it's interesting. I don't really see what's wrong with that though? :shrug:

Don't be mad at me. :cry:

It's ok. It's brought me to understand why you act like other types for fun. I guess Ni Dom types take ideas as reality hence why mostly INFJ's are really passionate about mbti.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Using typology to avoid what you're weak at means you'll never get better at it. :huh: Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Well understanding what are your limitations with like the inferior function. Like an INFP wanting to be a principal or a CEO is generally going to be more stressed than an EXTJ would. But it's important that we still do things that help us relax using our inferior functions.

It gets more complex but by understanding what we're weak at, we don't get angry at ourselves and see the bigger picture that we have something else better for us and we'll enjoy even more.

Everyone has their choice of course but I think if we live our lives by what we do the best we'll be the happiest and most productive in life.